Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos (26760 Views)

Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Angelfrost(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:
What about 9mobile?

This guys are good at deducting airtime as it pleases them..

NCC where are thou?

9mobile is the worst of all telecom criminals!!!...

I have never seen such brazen acts of airtime robbery before... Those guys deserve heavier sanctions and ban!!!... Useless and Poor network provider!!!
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by lisimmo(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
I read some comments up there and saw how Nigerians are putting down Nigeria all in the name of cost of data.

So I took sometime to research the cost of mobile data globally and I came about this picture.

Surprisingly cost of data in Nigeria is not as bad as people portrayed it.

See for yourself.

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by kcy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
Is a big lie from NCC
Airtel I kwn akwys give u an option of auto renew wen subscribing for data
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
lisimmo:
I read some comments up there and saw how Nigerians are putting down Nigeria all in the name of cost of data.

So I took sometime to research the cost of mobile data globally and I came about this picture.

See for yourself.

oga calm down is not the cost .....is the quality of service they offered.... that's annoying
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by bolamp(m): 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,

I seriously need your help.

There is an academic survey graduate project that I am working on.
It has to do with how businesses in Lagos interact with Logistics.

The deadline for submission to my supervisor and I'm still short on 30 participants & deadline is tomorrow.

Please if you own, work or know any one in any business in Lagos(no matter how small or big), that fits the criteria, kindly help me share fill and/or share the survey link below.

Thanks

https://forms.gle/cyD7K3s4idqPfDmE6
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by philip0906(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
GodOnlyx7:

It’s still 15k cfa for Mtn unlimited till now
Imagine!!
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by gbishman: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
This is the best news to have come out of Nigeria. Good job NCC
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
Are they refunding us once the fine is paid?Airtel is used to that n when u call they tell u there's nothing they can do about it. They are all scammers. Older people have really suffered. There's a way they twist instructions to unsuspecting customers. We are all victims.Good riddance to bad nonsense.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by ernieboy(m): 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
lisimmo:

See for yourself.
are u aware that in those countries where it seems data is expensive, this graph is actually referring to mobile data, these countries like the USA have what is called broadband data connection to various homes which provides cheap data that is why they can stream and watch movies via the Internet without needing to download.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Fxwarrior: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
DrGaius:
Way to go. These SPs, over the years, have become uncontrollable that if left unchecked, it will get to a point where subscribers would not be credited until they pay for the next subscription.

I hope they follow up compliance.

Access Bank deducted December #50 despite warnings. I think that bank should be sacrificed to the ancestors.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
The cheap prices people pay outside Nigeria, is even better than it appears because the amount paid often include unlimited phone calls and or unlimited text message in addition to the unlimited data.

Thief Obasanjo who probably presided over the govt as licences were issued to these Telcos and the establishment of NCC, probably corrupted the sector and allowed the Telcos to operate a cartel with assistance of NCC; for sake of looting .
MISTAICEY02288:

One of the commenter said the amount he pays monthly for unlimited data on his phone in Malaysia is equivalent to just about 2500 when converted to Naira and he can do anything and download anything with the internet for that month..

Another person in Russia said he pays equivalent of 4k in Naira when he converts the amount he spends on unlimited internet per month.

Even I personally have been to some countries outside Nigeria and I know how much Internet cost over there..

And as if that isn't enough, now these criminals will still keep charging and getting their customers subscribed to different nonsense against their wishes..

If it were in saner climes, these companies would have been forced to sit up and do the right thing or get ready to pack their things and leave this country... Anyways, kudos to NCC on this. This is a great development.. More sanctions need to be put in place for these criminals..
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by govomotors: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
Fine supported, I have been a victim on several occasions. We also need NCC to compare cable TV service providers to adopt pay-as-you-view abi na pay-per-view option.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
GenBuhari:
The cheap prices people pay outside Nigeria, is even better than it appears because the amount paid often include unlimited phone calls and or unlimited text message in addition to the unlimited data.

Thief Obasanjo who probably presided over the govt as licences were issued to these Telcos and the establishment of NCC, probably corrupted the sector and allowed the Telcos to operate a cartel with assistance of NCC; for sake of looting .

Honestly you're very right about this. Example of what you said is the US. Phone bill is about 50 dollars per month Maximum and that covers for all calls and text messages within the country plus unlimited data for the entire month.

This country really sucks and needs total reset for real. The country has been plagued with terrible and corrupt leaders for so long and it's really destroying things for us... It's really sad..
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Prophet777: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
Oh boy! I have stopped using MTN since 2017 as a result of this... Mtn is the worst ever. Subscribe for 1500 DATA Plan. If you subscribe for another plan of N2000 without cancelling the initial 1500 Data plan.

They will remove your money and subscribe both data plan (1500 & 2000)for you automatically without your consent and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Enemyofpeace: 12:11am On Dec 28, 2019
Davash222:
Okay... that’s good... but wetin NCC and Federal government dey use all these money do??
to treat Buhari for hospital outside naija now
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by domido(m): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2019
Even forceful migration from one tariff plan to another.

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by jacoik(m): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2019
Bigval5:
Na them sabi...

I'm still enjoying my Glo free browsing & unlimited downloads grin
bro. Please how did you do it. Abeg help your fellow brethren. Am on my knees
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by jacoik(m): 6:29am On Dec 28, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
SMH! Our Naija Telecommunications companies are nothing but useless thieves. They provide very poor service in the country and still extorting subscribers in crazy manners. Imagine these shameless lots can not even boast of stable 3G services in most parts of the country talk more making 4G stable, whereas 5G is already spreading in some sane countries...

It's only in Nigeria one will subscribe for data about 5 times or even more in a single week and the subscriptions are even done for outrageous amounts.. I personally know how much i spend on data every week talk more every month in this country..
I read comments of some Nigerians in diaspora recently on Instagram about how much they pay for internet services abroad and couldn't help but shake my head in shame for these criminals here...

One of the commenter said the amount he pays monthly for unlimited data on his phone in Malaysia is equivalent to just about 2500 when converted to Naira and he can do anything and download anything with the internet for that month..

Another person in Russia said he pays equivalent of 4k in Naira when he converts the amount he spends on unlimited internet per month.

Even I personally have been to some countries outside Nigeria and I know how much Internet cost over there..

And as if that isn't enough, now these criminals will still keep charging and getting their customers subscribed to different nonsense against their wishes..

If it were in saner climes, these companies would have been forced to sit up and do the right thing or get ready to pack their things and leave this country... Anyways, kudos to NCC on this. This is a great development.. More sanctions need to be put in place for these criminals..
you just write an essay here bro.Those in NCC has been settled by these Telecom giants and there is nothing the poor Nigeria masses can do about it

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by jacoik(m): 6:31am On Dec 28, 2019
Who has the number of the so-called NCC I want complain of data hike and prices
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by vowiski(m): 6:47am On Dec 28, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
SMH! Our Naija Telecommunications companies are nothing but useless thieves. They provide very poor service in the country and still extorting subscribers in crazy manners. Imagine these shameless lots can not even boast of stable 3G services in most parts of the country talk more making 4G stable, whereas 5G is already spreading in some sane countries...

It's only in Nigeria one will subscribe for data about 5 times or even more in a single week and the subscriptions are even done for outrageous amounts.. I personally know how much i spend on data every week talk more every month in this country..
I read comments of some Nigerians in diaspora recently on Instagram about how much they pay for internet services abroad and couldn't help but shake my head in shame for these criminals here...

These countries you mentioned have constant power , low security challenges from vandals and no kick back in getting licenses.

You can't compare the corrupt NCC with the regulators from these countries as well.

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Gallantrugged: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2019
Now am seeing the possibility of financing Bubus 2020 budget, wickedly smart government
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by prof12(m): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2019
Davash222:
Okay... that’s good... but wetin NCC and Federal government dey use all these money do??

Nasty question
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2019
jacoik:
you just write an essay here bro.Those in NCC has been settled by these Telecom giants and there is nothing the poor Nigeria masses can do about it

Hmmm.. It's just really sad. Nigeria is a corrupt and lawless Country.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2019
vowiski:

These countries you mentioned have constant power , low security challenges from vandals and no kick back in getting licenses.

You can't compare the corrupt NCC with the regulators from these countries as well.

I think you're actually right.. All these things actually boils down to the poor state of this Country. It's a shame...

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Andeze(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2019
Timileyin1234:

And those messages when u change sims
Its to install browsing settings instead of inputting it manually.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Andeze(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2019
Timileyin1234:
And those messages when u change sims
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Aliyullahi(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
In my own thoughts. I think Data subscriptions should be made payment like we do with PhCN. Buy 5k card and you can call and browse for the next One month. it should be like a form of monthly subscription. I'm so tired of buying Data that I had to change from 4glte to 3G. the way that 4G siphon Data mehn. No be here at all. NCC still has a lot of job to do regards recharge and Data Bundle price. it's too exorbitant a price.
I'm in Ilorin presently, I wanted to buy 300naira Airtel card, only to be told to add 20 naira to it. I had to opt to recharging from my Bank Account.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by BorrowCredit: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Low on cash and you need to make that urgent call, browse that trending news and pay that important bill, look no further than BorrowCredit. On BorrowCredit we offer you our automated airtime, data, electricity and Tv subscription services on credit and you only pay back later at an affordable interest rate.

We also offer affordable Airtime to Cash Swap services!

Register today @ www.borrowcredit.com.ng to enjoy our services today.

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by BorrowCredit: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
We are pleased to announce that BorrowCredit now offer Airtime To Cash Swap Service along with our Airtime, Data, Electricity and TV subscription service.

To enjoy our Airtime To Cash Swap Service, click on the link below to send your request.

Airtime To Cash Link-
https://form.jotform.com/193632149717060

All other services can be gotten via our web platform.

Thank you we got you covered!

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by edoairways: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
GenBuhari:
Clearly fine is not enough Airtel still forcifully subscribed me just last month.

Why has these scamming Telcos been allowed to have the whole Nigerian market only to themselves.

Why is NCC not allowing more competitors to enter the market?

These useless fines are just NCC playing to gallery, if NCC continues to allow these four telcos to operate a cartel.

We know there are Telcos in China who offer (as standard) 1GB data for equivalent of N25.

Why is NCC preventing such players from entering the lucrative Nigerian market?
How many service providers do they have in China?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Free Mb HOT / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria / See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.