Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46114 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by freshera: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
vanitty:

Some have memorised & can quote the bible from Genesis to Revelation and still are clueless on what being a christian is really all about. I like to think of them as history student. Common sense should tell you that there is a time for everything and this thread is not for you to show your bible knowledge. [size=13pt]Didn't God say not to pass judgement on anyone?![/size]
GBAM! Even the Bible teaches us to be diplomatic and put ourselves in the shoes of the next person/neighbour.

Haba, imagine if you were Bawo's mum/dad, conceived him, carried his preg., delivered with pain, breastfed him, played with him, nurtured him, bathed him, took him to school for the 1st time, etc till now and somebody now says your baby will not make heaven. How will you feel?

Xtians are meant to comfort not pour salt into people's wounds. Please leave judgement to God, even God advises us to be tactful, wise as a serpent.

Please nobody knows the WHOLE picture of how God will judge. If you do then you should have the answers to everything.

Please respect the dead, have some human or xtian  feelings, think of his folks and put yourself in their position like Jesus preached.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
mukina2:

This thread has been cleaned yet again.
If anyone derails it again, they will be banned.
Well Mukina you REALLY DO  need to rein in the militant atheists and hate-mongering anti-African American tribalists on this thread.
They have been given too much leeway thus far to promote their own poisonous agenda under the guise of  grieving for Awomolo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
freshera:

Didn't Rahab LIE to her own people (lack of patriotism) about the spies and yet she was blessed? Didn't God ask Abraham to commit murder, yes, legal  murder and Abraham did it in his heart already before God stopped him from doing it physically? Didn't Jesus (God loves everyone abi) call someone, a sick woman A DOG before she begged and then he healed her?
Please nobody knows the WHOLE picture of how God will judge. If you do then you should have the answers to everything.

Please respect the dead, have some human or xtian  feelings, think of his folks and put yourself in their position like Jesus preached.
Freshera Freshera just shut up if you don't know what you are talking about. Really is this thread the place to exhibit your confusion over the bible? SMH.
Imagine you just quoting the scriptures out of context just to justify your own warped self-indulgent beliefs.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by chic2pimp(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2010
Slowly But Surely coming around to the fact that I would no longer see his Derrick Rose Loffing, Jay Cutler Bashing post on the sports section. What a Shame!!!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ikeyman00(m): 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

it regretable we never mingle it out here in nl but then u sees me in here and i see u too; surely u can't avoid the only true soldier in nl

go soldier!!!!!! never worry true brother!! the God is alive

RIP

and as for those mu ther fu kers hmmm time catching up !!!! bloody backside holesssssssssssssssss
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by cap28: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2010
i didnt really know the brother, but my heart goes out to his family.

i hope they are able to bear his loss with fortitude.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by MetalGong4: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2010
What a young and intelligent dude . . . . . R.I.P my Yoruba bros.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by inze(m): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P

''We're all going to miss you''
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by InkedNerd(f): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2010
You will be missed Bawo cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by OgidiBoy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2010
So freaking Sad, he was a good dude. He send most of his time in the sports section I remember I've argued with him about the Longhorns and the Mavericks a few times before.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Rhino5dm: 12:55am On Dec 07, 2010
I have personally follow some lead and conclude that he was murdered out of sheer envy and jealousy.

Most of the killings are just to similar without any meaningful intent.

Be careful what you say here . . . They are watching you!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ivynwa(f): 3:28am On Dec 07, 2010
It's very nice that his family can read these condolences and have their sorrow ameliorated by these words.
Adieu to this young man so young yet very focused as to be seriously concentrating on his master's degree at age 21.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 07, 2010
First it was religion, prediction, now tribalism.

For those of you who have not lost a close one, I understand.

I only pray that something like this does not happen to you and your loved ones. I pray to never hear of non-natural death from any of you again.

May God bless you and yours.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2010
SCHOOL PAYS FINAL RESPECT TO A FINE GEM!

Olubusayo Awomolo was the kind of graduate student who would quickly finish his projects, hand in reports early and ace exams.

But after he finished his own work, he would take a moment to offer help to other students, said his classmates and professors at the University of Illinois at Chicago on Monday.

A week after the 21-year-old mechanical engineering student was fatally shot outside his house in south suburban Dolton, the Nigerian immigrant's friends, professors and school administrators gathered with his family to mourn. Awomolo was a master's degree candidate scheduled to graduate this month, officials said.

"In a short life, he touched so many people," said Peter Nelson, dean of engineering. "We cannot understand this senseless loss. … We keep asking ourselves, 'Why? Why? Why?'"

According to Dolton police, Awomolo was shot between 7 and 8 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 15500 block of Ingleside Avenue, near the driveway of his house. Although several of his neighbors heard the shots, no one called police, said police Chief Bolden Jones. Police and Awomolo's family have asked the public to come forward and help authorities find who is responsible for the shooting. No one is in custody.
Chicago Shopping: Your home for personalized holiday shopping deals >>

On Monday, Awomolo's classmates and professors used the ceremony to tell his family how much he meant to the university. Awomolo was one of five siblings who attended UIC, and three have graduated from there, school officials said.

With Awomolo's parents and siblings in the front row, the students and teachers described him as a humble scholar whose projects sometimes corrected flaws in his classmates' and professors' work.

They vowed to carry on his research and to promote his legacy of quiet academic excellence with a scholarship. Awomolo was concentrating his research on projects that could eventually help reduce the country's dependence on foreign oil, Nelson said.

On the night he was killed, Awomolo was returning home from his class on numerical heat transfer.

Farzad Mashayek, head of the mechanical and industrial engineering department who taught the course, said he was likely one of the last people to see Awomolo before he died. Awomolo was supposed to present his final paper two days later, but that day he handed it in early.

"We lost one of our most promising students," Mashayek said.

Khurram Akber, a student who took classes with Awomolo, said that even after he heard the news, he couldn't believe it.

"I was sitting in the lab all day hoping he would walk by and say, 'How are you?'" he said. "Olu was a great person."

After the service, Awomolo's parents said they were moved to learn their shy, modest and studious son had touched so many lives. His mother, Olufunmilayo Awomolo, said she knew her son was bright, and now she knows others knew it too.

"We should live his legacy," she said. "We cannot just turn around."

Nancy Cohen, left, director of development for the University of Illinois at Chicago's College of Engineering, comforts Olufunmilayo Awomolo on Monday during a memorial gathering in remembrance of Awomolo's son, engineering graduate student Olubusayo Awomolo.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-uic-student-killed-20101206-21,0,327635.story
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2010
"I was sitting in the lab all day hoping he would walk by and say, 'How are you?'" he said. "Olu was a great person."

Not surprising. The first thing he'd do is ask for you well-being.

their shy, modest and studious son had touched so many lives

Even the lives of those he had not met.
Modest could not begin to describe his humble personality.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Moonstone(f): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2010
I wish his family could see this board and the other tribute. Then they will truly know how much he impacted people.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Rhino5dm: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2010
No one will ever live forever. . . . Fact!
Seen alot of nutjobs having go at this young fella. Most especially the religious bigot and goons, what vexes me is that some idiots are even celebrating a death of young man!
I will have ask those that think it is not thier portion to die young to give us a specific date and time we should be expecting thier demise.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Kilode1: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2010
Awomolo was concentrating his research on projects that could eventually help reduce the country's dependence on foreign oil, Nelson said.

"We should live his legacy," she said. "We cannot just turn around.

Bawomolo wasn't just all talk after all, he was working at creating change too. . . We lost a warrior. . .

@Ileke-Idi, Thanks for the update
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mukina2: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2010
Mardi Gras has been banned, i forgot to open the other person's profile before deleting, can anyone help me with her name please?

thanks.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Tee2dBee: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2010
Read this thread and i finally decided to join NL, even if just to say ADIEU Bawomolo.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by armyofone(m): 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
i just feel for his mama up there cry, my hugs to you lady. you raised a great guy.

May God comfort you and your family.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

I have personally follow some lead and conclude that he was murdered out of sheer envy and jealousy.
Most of the killings are just to similar without any meaningful intent.
Be careful what you say here . . . They are watching you!
You have come again with your completely nonsensical theories and speculation. There is no evidence whatsoever that this was a racist or tribalist killing. And why should it be borne out of envy or jealousy for goodness sake? By all accounts he was just a regular guy in a multicultural town no different from any other young American.
However it is very likely that he was known to and had personal dealings with his drive-by killers.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2010
tensor777:

However it is very likely that he was known to and had personal dealings with his drive-by killers.

can you explain further.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2010
^Well its basically common sense.
There was more than one adult male person  involved,
They actually laid in wait for him in his neighbourhood in a car, and
There was no evidence of robbery.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2010
I have personally follow some lead and conclude that he was murdered out of sheer envy and jealousy

There is no evidence whatsoever that this was a racist or tribalist killing. And why should it be borne out of envy or jealousy for goodness sake?

envy and jealousy might be present, not necessarily on the part of the actual killer, but some other people.

frankly, i dont know if this case will ever be solved although i hope it will.

there are just too many variables entwined in it.

and yes, clearly there's a lot of monitoring going on over the web.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
tensor777:

^Well its basically common sense.
There was more than one adult male person involved,
They actually laid in wait for him in his neighbourhood in a car, and
There was no evidence of robbery.

true.

his movements and communication over the last few weeks really have to be tracked.

the strange thing is, at that age, i'd have expected him to have a lot more friends in real life than what seems to be the case.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2010
tpia1:

envy and jealousy might be present, not necessarily on the part of the actual killer, but some other people.
and yes, clearly there's a lot of monitoring going on over the web.
^Well lets  be honest and say the guy did step on a lot of toes on this forum with his unabashed support for gay rights and his atheism. I know a lot of conservatives and Christains here did not take kindly to his blunt views and went as far as issuing blood curdling curses against him and his family.
Again I doubt that jealousy or envy was a motive as he was, in fainess to him, quite a humble respectful guy.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
tensor777:

^Well lets  be honest and say the guy did step on a lot of toes on this forum with his unabashed support for gay rights and his atheism. I know a lot of conservatives and Christains here did not take kindly to his blunt views and went as far as issuing blood curdling curses against him and his family.
Again I doubt that jealousy or envy was a motive as he was, in fainess to him, quite a humble respectful guy.

the issues that led to his death most likely had no direct ties to his arguments here on nl- i can safely hazard a guess about that.

he's been anti-christianity and an outspoken advocate of gay rights for years without encountering any problems.

jealousy and envy cant be ruled out, not necessarily from the actual person who pulled the trigger, but also from others who didnt.

there's so much involved here.

one also has to wonder why exactly was he so militantly pro-gay?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by binhozie(m): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2010
Its funny how you guys sit here, thousands of miles away and speculate on who killed him
Thats not for you to do. Just express your condolence and move on
Most of you never knew him in person. never knew about his personal dealings
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
binhozie:

Its funny how you guys sit here, thousands of miles away and speculate on who killed him
Thats not for you to do. Just express your condolence and move on
Most of you never knew him in person. never knew about his personal dealings

please do not derail the thread.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by binhozie(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2010
Who's derailing the thread
Or cant you read any longer?
Someone above me is bringing in conspiracy theories which i'm trying to quell and you say i'm derailing the thread
poor you
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tpia1: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
binhozie:

Who's derailing the thread
Or cant you read any longer?
Someone above me is bringing in conspiracy theories which i'm trying to quell and you say i'm derailing the thread
poor you

given the manner in which he was killed, does it make sense to say people shouldnt search for a motive?

did he die @ 98 and surrounded by friends and family?

i fail to see your point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar / Man Kidnaps 16-Year-Old Facebook Girlfriend In Edo, Had Sex With Her For 4 Days / Last Video Ghanaian DC Queen Dropped Before She Was Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.