Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After (30199 Views)

The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
theenchanter:
40mw can't even power 100,000 homes. Electricity to household is calculated by kw/hr.

If 40mw can power 2m homes, then our miserable 4000mw should be able to power the whole country, which u already know the answer to. cheesy

As i said earlier, its more of a water or irrigation project rather than power, but the power is just an added advantage, but since most of nigerians are power-starved grin they think of power whenever the see any mw, even if the mw stands for "micro-wave" grin

seniormallam:
The reason why they abandoned the electricity section of the dam was simply because the output cannot do better than a Mikano , so the farming section has since been fully explored.......... 40mw is just for one local govt na.......... But at all at all na him bad.

You guys are on a social platform

Stop exposing yourselves

Now everybody knows you guys are not conversant and versatile

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by nairalee(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
M
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

40 Megawatts equates 40000000 (40 million watts)

40 million watts converts to about 2.3million volts which is enough to power over 2 million homes. It is not a water project with 40mw as added advantage but a source of power to over 2million homes.
thanks for your analysis

2 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Tchiman(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

40 million watts converts to about 2.3million volts which is enough to power over 2 million homes. It is not a water project with 40mw as added advantage but a source of power to over 2million homes.

So from your analysis, each of the 2 million homes will be using a power supply of roughly 1.3 volts...lol....

Question: Do you know how many volts only your handset uses....I mean Nokia touch light?......Let alone an entire home!!!!

15 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by hamrad(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Good development
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Mgbadike80: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
the moderators should do something about these APC trolls derailing threads with insults and tribalism.
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by seniormallam(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
The reason why they abandoned the electricity section of the dam was simply because the output cannot do better than a Mikano , so the farming section has since been fully explored.......... 40mw is just for one local govt na.......... But at all at all na him bad.

3 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Realstick941: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
theenchanter:
how? U're more confused. Let me point ur error to u.

How many kw/h do u think a household would consume per annum?

Lets start from there.

but sorry u need to understand something when a power station is generating 40mw it means it is constantly generating same 40mw at any giving time,so the load any time should not exceed 40mw.Even thoug there is peak power and average power which is not written on the post

i see someone asking if it is going to be on the national grid or not,its all the same if it is not on the national grid then there consumption from the national grid will be deducted so it is more power for other parts of the country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Jokkarm2: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:
Imagine! Previous governments including OBJ and ATIKU who ate our $16b MEANT FOR POWER PROJECTS could not complete this project but it took Buhari such a short time to complete.

Job well done Bubu
if what you said is true, what stops him from brobing and jailing them Or na this media story we go chop

1 Like

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Kinematics: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:
Imagine! Previous governments including OBJ and ATIKU who ate our $16b MEANT FOR POWER PROJECTS could not complete this project but it took Buhari such a short time to complete.

Job well done Bubu

Selective amnesia... eyaaah!

3 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by seniormallam(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Tchiman:

So from your analysis, each of the 2 million homes will be using a power supply of roughly 1.3 volts...lol....

Question: Do you know how many volts only your handset uses....I mean Nokia touch light?......Let alone an entire home!!!!
Bros leave that guy pls........ That's why he's a zombie........ Brain switched off.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by IamMichaels: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

Guy stop confusing the public with your wrong ideology.. How can 40mw power 2 million homes with the way we use electricity how many volt-ampere do you make use of in your compound alone?

14 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Asour: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

That is for them to decide

Since it is not a captive plant power arrangement,
It would eventually contribute to electricity distributed within/around the locale through the relevant Electricity distribution companies— Whether or not it is connected to the Grid.
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by seniormallam(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

Job well done Bubu
Can you tell me when they started the project and when PMB ruled as head of state?
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by awoo47: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
theenchanter:
40mw can't even power 100,000 homes. Electricity to household is calculated by kw/hr.

If 40mw can power 2m homes, then our miserable 4000mw should be able to power the whole country, which u already know the answer to. cheesy

As i said earlier, its more of a water or irrigation project rather than power, but the power is just an added advantage, but since most of nigerians are power-starved grin they think of power whenever the see any mw, even if the mw stands for "micro-wave" grin
ignorant ppl just plenty
I'm sure he no study anything related to engineering sef
because i doubt an engineer will be dat dumb

hw u can convert watts to volt is baffling
nd d mumu said 2.3m volts
ppl no even sabi say volts doesn't mean power

u can step up volts to any level
dats y we hv transformer

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Simply2nice: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
That town ehn... Did my NYSC there 2017,i was even surprised the had a dam, I still have some pics at the dam.
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by elderk: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

Olodo. Displaying ignorance with ghusto.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

40 million watts converts to about 2.3million volts which is enough to power over 2 million homes. It is not a water project with 40mw as added advantage [s]but a source of power to over 2million homes.[/s]
You think everyone is an illiterate like you?! undecided

7 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by ooohoo: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

Stop misleading people with your oversabi attitude. It's obvious you know very little about what you claim to know.

Educate yourself here https://www.quora.com/How-many-homes-can-one-gigawatt-in-energy-capacity-provide-for

8 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Asour: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
seniormallam:

Can you tell me when they started the project and when PMB ruled as head of state?

Hahaha!

To be fair though, Some may argue that the 1 yr and 8 mnths period within which PMB reigned as HOS was not enough time to complete the Project in the 80s.

A great many people may have fed fat off of this Project.

1 Like

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Babawon1: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
it should power 32,000 home, as 1mw should power 850 home
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Primusinterpares(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
40 MW? and we are celebrating it... that's good o. But if we keep celebrating stiffs like this the we are making our government feel that little is enough.
Some country are talking about plants that generates over 1GW we are here celebrating 40mw. God help us.

And for that person saying 40MW should power over 2.3million homes should think again o.

Lemme give you a quick math...
if you have only a 1000w music player, 4 bulbs of 100w each, a fan of say 300w maybe a pressing iron of like 4000w, + TV of like 500w.. that means 6kw per single room... so do d maths sir.

9 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Rexnegro(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

Job well done Bubu
seriously on that power project alone obj needs to be probed .
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by SEGLIZ: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
theenchanter:

theenchanter..............you no serious one kobo, na me and my people you look sooootey, you say if we see mw even na micro wave to us na megawatts.....u no well o.
that your last line got me cracked out I couldn't but laugh at that point.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Congrats321(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
What about oil
Bazamfare:
Leave that nyamuri flat.head! because its not suited in Enugu state that's why his spewing that bullshit
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Pautacfm: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

Teacher teacher no teach me nonsense o

5 Likes

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Kayharry(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
40mw,60yrs. 800mw go take 48,000years grin
I dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Asour: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
seniormallam:

40 MW for one local government Haba!

Nigeria's current Official installed capacity is less than 10000MW and you say 40 MW is for one LGA ?

That would Mean that our current configuration has around 30000MW then (i.e 774 x 40) , which is not the case So 40 would typically be at least far more than one LGA.
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Sirjamo: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
Badmod:
Good job...
Now the national grid is 3040.
Buhari has really tried...
He added 40 MW to the national grid.
If we keep adding 40MW every 4 years.
It will takes 300 million years to have sufficient Electricity...
And if we waste 16 billion dollars every 16 years and add 0 MW, it would take 80 billion years to have sufficient power!!
Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by Staro: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Adufeamos:
@ Blindersoff and the Theenchanter pls continue m enjoying u....Nd learning lol

Oga, what are you learning from him?
That 40MW will power 2m homes?
Does that guy know what 2m homes mean?

Lol ... Fela once asked his teacher to stop teaching him nonsense.
Oga, stop learning nonsense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After by abumeinben(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Blindersoff:

You are very wrong.

40MW can power 2 million homes? Who do you think are on Nairaland? Art students?

Lemme analysis your point very well.
If 40MW can power 2m homes, it means 4000MW can power 200million homes, not people o. Now 4GW cannot even meet Lagos energy demand alone.

Abeg comot for yeh. angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attacks On Geidam, Yobe / Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic / Senate: Fresh Crisis Looms As APC, PDP Enjoy Equal C’ttees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.