Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State (52876 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by samteebiz3: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
chuxyfranklin:

How many of her novels have you read??

You just read her collection of short stories and you've drawn conclusions already..

Let the confused guy be....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Kennyswag: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
who are the Igbo leaders?? grin
you blind?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by styless(f): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Talented woman

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
Kennyswag:
you blind?
you must be insane to think that those people have any form of influence in Igbo land. You non Igbos would come here because of internet and start telling us Epistles that you have no idea of.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Kennyswag: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
NimrodEndOfDays to is useless father: you must be insane to think that those people have any form of influence in Igbo land. You non Igbos would come here because of internet and start telling us Epistles that you have no idea of.
Ok
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Kennyswag:
Ok
fvckerygrin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
BluntBoy:
She is becoming fairer.

And I must say that this woman is one of the most overhyped writer I have ever seen.

I bought a copy of her The Thing Around Your Neck and I must say (aside one or two stories with flashes of brilliance), the book is just largely bland.

And yet, they just keep squeezing in her name onto awardee lists of many American literary prizes.

your're seriously underrating her to be honest with you.
Try reading "purple hibiscus" the book constructively highlighted many abnormalities in the contemporary African society and world @ large.

from Eugene's i don't care attitude to his father papa nnukwu, rendering philantropic services to the church while @ home he's forming roman reings on his wife= religious fanatic, hipocrisy and morally bankrupt xtian.

the military junta assasinating Ade Coker for writing against the government....= you either be a yes man and vibe with them or you will be sent to an unknown destination.= bad leaders and lack of a strong institution to checkmate their tyranny.

kambili and rev fr amadi... with caution , Adichie delved into the intimate relationship between teenagers and catholic priest(religious figurehead) which is obtainable not just in nigeria but in the western world.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
izombie:
I wan knack this lady.

This shows the mindset of an average Nigerian youth. Instead of admiring her, get challenged by her personality and achievements, set a goal for yourself to try and reach an enviable level in your chosen field of endeavour just like her, all you could think of is to knack her Apako.
And to think of it, this stewpeeeed post has 15 likes. SMH.

Chaiiiiii.

Who did this to my people.

Nigerian youths, please wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Kennyswag: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
fvckerygrin
fvckergrin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by BluntBoy(m): 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
chuxyfranklin:

How many of her novels have you read??

You just read her collection of short stories and you've drawn conclusions already..

I have read all of her books. She hasn't even written much. Just 3 novels since 2006.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by BluntBoy(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

your're seriously underrating her to be honest with you.
Try reading "purple hibiscus" the book constructively highlighted many abnormalities in the contemporary African societies and world @ large.

from Eugene's i don't care attitude to his father papa nnukwu, rendering philantropic services to the church while @ home he's forming roman reings on his wife= religious fanatic, hipocrisy and morally bankrupt xtian.

the military junta assasinating Ade Coker for writing against the government....= you either be a yes man and vibe with them or you will be sent to an unknown destination.= bad leaders and lack of a strong institution to checkmate their tyranny.

kambili and rev fr amadi... with caution , Adichie delved into the intimate relationship between teenagers and catholic priest(religious figurehead) which is obtainable not just in nigeria but in the western world.

I have read all of her books.

I am not saying she is not good. I am saying she is overhyped.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by BluntBoy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
That is her only book I've not read. How do I get it?
I don't think she's overhyped though. She's actually good.
Read Purple Hibiscus.

It was a resale. I really didn't care much about the book but when someone was willing to sell their copy, I just bought it. The book I am actually looking for is A Man of the People by Chinua Achebe. I have read it before but it was a long time ago. I wish to read it again.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by BluntBoy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
midnighter:

If you think so. Personally I find her tone quite unique. More like a perfume mist than a steady stream of water.

I don't Know anybody who can mimic the style without sounding pedestrian. Maybe you feel there are others who better warrant the amount of praise she receives

It is strange to me that you find her tone unique. She sounds like Achebe when she chooses a traditional setting, stories such as the The Headstrong Historian. And she sounds like any of her contemporaries most of the time. She doesn't have a strong voice, in my opinion. Purple Hibiscus sounds most of the time like how Achebe sounded in Anthills of the Savannah. She is truly Achebe's granddaughter.

Anyway, my problem is not that she is a bad writer. She is actually a good writer. But the overhype is what I have a problem with. She is neither prolific nor does she have a strong voice. I still don't understand the hype. Just as I will never understand why the hype of Things Fall Apart. Even Achebe himself said he preferred Arrow of God (which I actually think is Achebe's best book).

Looking for unique voices: try reading Morrison or Ayei Kwei Armah or Soyinka or Edgar Mittelholzar or Ernest Hemingway. You can tell these people's voices from a thousand voices.

NOTE: I respect your opinion as I have a lot of respect for you. At the end of the day, this is just my opinion, not a fact.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Ayobami7(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
注意
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

I have read all of her books.

I am not saying she is not good. I am saying she is overhyped.

She is not.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lilisticlili:
me too

Are u a lezibian?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by midnighter(f): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

It is strange to me that you find her tone unique. She sounds like Achebe when she chooses a traditional setting, stories such as the The Headstrong Historian. And she sounds like any of her contemporaries most of the time. She doesn't have a strong voice, in my opinion. Purple Hibiscus sounds most of the time like how Achebe sounded in Anthills of the Savannah. She is truly Achebe's granddaughter.

Anyway, my problem is not that she is a bad writer. She is actually a good writer. But the overhype is what I have a problem with. She is neither prolific nor does she have a strong voice. I still don't understand the hype. Just as I will never understand why the hype of Things Fall Apart. Even Achebe himself said he preferred Arrow of God (which I actually think is Achebe's best book).

Looking for unique voices: try reading Morrison or Ayei Kwei Armah or Soyinka or Edgar Mittelholzar or Ernest Hemingway. You can tell these people's voices from a thousand voices.

NOTE: I respect your opinion as I have a lot of respect for you. At the end of the day, this is just my opinion, not a fact.

You have a point about Achebe; they both have the same dry and sparing tone. With a twitch of humour.

I think I understand that you feel underwhelmed. Maybe I just love the narratives and the perspectives she gives. Its like listening to a cousin talk and not just a writer. Maybe thats why her writing comes alive for me where it looks merely ordinary to you.

I'll try Armah again. I had "The Beautyful Ones.." but I dont know what happened lol.

And thanks, I respect you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by koyyess: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lucky female. She married a man with Caucasian blood to avoid the wahala of regressive baboons.

So worthy of emulation by the wise ones.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by austinelex: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
IgboSomalia:

Go and look for it yourself. I won't spoon-fed you.
I resemble ur pikin wey u wan sponefeed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

I have read all of her books. She hasn't even written much. Just 3 novels since 2006.

Ok. you're well entitled to your opinion though..

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by dmarientes(m): 6:27am On Dec 30, 2019
And so...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State by Qoopman(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
I usually don’t post on this forum, but it is shocking to see a lot of us back in Nigeria struggling to finesse our way around making money online really bad. But we’re going to get there let’s keep working. Hit me up if u wish to be able to make some good money off gift cards and carded items.

Please I need this my whatsapp is 08087129373 email: omotoshoyemi77@gmail.com

Sorry I'm replying here Couldnt post in that section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Game Of Pleasure(18+) / Make A Sentence With 3 "Because" / Hustlers Tale (campus Life)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.