Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" (31876 Views)

Isaac Oyedepo: We Are Not Photocopies Of Our Parents’ Calling / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by damoobaba: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
6,000 Nigerians or 6,000 aliens... Where did the people you employed come from?? What state? 6,000 people and many are still unemployed.. rubbish

And your government cannot pay ordinary 30k minimum wage. Government that collects TAX o. Church that gets only VOLUNTARY donations is doing all of this without BILLING anybody.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by damoobaba: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:
"This was despite the fact that we only received the instruction to plant 5,000 churches from God in January 2019"

grin grin grin

Oyedepo is a comedian

Even God himself knows Nigeria does not need a church but factories, hospitals, equipped security and schools.

If God really told him to plant 5000 more churches in Nigeria, then that God must be Ogun Laakaye.

Their calling is to SPREAD THE GOSPEL. The government's duty is to provide factories,hospitals,infrastructure, schools. But even as it is they are even doing what the government is supposed to do for the government. A government that collects TAX which is COMPULSORY. Take away the input of the CHURCH from education in Nigeria, you'll be left with ZERO. Public schools, and other public institutions are nothing to write him about just avenues for stealing by public officials.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by iamclime(m): 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
Are churches supposed to have employees in the first place? I thought they were non-profits and should have non-salaried volunteers?
Am I missing something?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by akoruji(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
6,000 Nigerians or 6,000 aliens... Where did the people you employed come from?? What state? 6,000 people and many are still unemployed.. rubbish

It may interest you to note that I was given an employment as a Data Analyst with Living Faith Church in November 2019.
Also, there was massive recruitment at Covenant University this December for various positions from Web Masters to Programmers. Receive sense!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Phlakes(f): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
And sacked 6000 employees too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Kay25(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=DonFreshmoney post=85352682]6,000 Nigerians or 6,000 aliens... Where did the people you employed come from?? What state? 6,000 people and many are still unemployed.. rubbish is he your govt?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by ajl: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
Collect from Peter to pay Paul. Aside from those working in your schools or university, none is adding value to the lives of Nigerians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Danniedpastor(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Oga, I'm part of this commission and I can boldly tell you that WINNERS CHAPEL employed that much this year alone. More than 5k churches were established. So, don't you think that pastors would be employed to man this churches!? Oga, the church is not responsible for the unemployment in your village, hold your government responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
damoobaba:

Their calling is to SPREAD THE GOSPEL. The government's duty is to provide factories,hospitals,infrastructure, schools. But even as it is they are even doing what the government is supposed to do for the government. A government that collects TAX which is COMPULSORY. Take away the input of the CHURCH from education in Nigeria, you'll be left with ZERO. Public schools, and other public institutions are nothing to write him about just avenues for stealing by public officials.

Okay!

We need 5000 more churches in Nigeria
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ecpet83:
One of my closed friend and colleague was also employed and posted to Ebonyi from Benue. Infact he has about 8 days before collecting his salary, but he left to join the winners work force. Though am not a winner, but I know the Bishop is doing a great job. Glory to God.
so what's the work force like incase one wants to join in...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
iamclime:
Are churches supposed to have employees in the first place? I thought they were non-profits and should have non-salaried volunteers?
Am I missing something?
and u think its easy to volunteer abi...the tithes collected is for what...gather d 10 percent from all parishes u think its small money...abi...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by ajl: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
iamclime:
Am I missing something?

Actually, any individual or entity can employ anybody even as an NGO. It depends on regulations set by the government. They may be taking advantage of loopholes in regulation. The moment you offer a service or products for money (e.g. education) you have to pay tax. So, if govt is not collecting tax from Covenant university, then there is something wrong because students pay to attend the institution.

And the moment a church pastor start telling you that the amount of prayer you will receive depend on how much you donate, then that seem to be a service with revenue that need to be taxed. We Nigerians like lieing to ourselves.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Ayobami7(m): 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
无聊的
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by femia1(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2019
You want to know the people Living Faith Church employ, I am one of them, I work as a teacher at Faith Academy Goshen in Nasarawa State, the number of teaching staff alone in the school are 120, why not teaching staff are about 115. With total number of 1300 students, so we have 250 staff by estimate in just one school alone. The total number of secondary school in Nigeria alone is about 30 and primary school over 300, if you add up to the staff are on salary in the churches, university, in all the various estate and city (eg Goshen city in Malaysia state etc), then foe your information the church is already working on farms, both live stock and crops, to mention a few. This are facts I have giving to you for your consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by ojokolax: 12:04am On Dec 31, 2019
Wait o, please was a new winners church opened near you this year? Please raise your hand I want to check something

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by femia1(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2019
You want to know the people Living Faith Church employ, I am one of them, I work as a teacher at Faith Academy Goshen in Nasarawa State, the number of teaching staff alone in the school are 120, why non teaching staff are about 115. With total number of 1300 students, so we have 250 staff by estimate in just one school alone. The total number of secondary school in Nigeria alone is about 30 if not more and primary school over 300, if you add up with the total number of staff that are on salary working in Living faith churches, university, in all the various estate and city (eg Goshen city in Nasarawa state etc), then for your information the church is already working on farms, both live stock and crops, to mention a few. This are facts I have giving to you for your consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Elvis2kay: 12:19am On Dec 31, 2019
grandiose4ever:
When we talk about the value of Churches in Nigeria people will only cite schools and hospitals. But when you realise that a winners chapel has more global employees than UBA and First bank first bank, you would realise that churches have tremendous impact on the economy.

I know the product of shell,Lego,mask,-line Chevron,novonodisk,IKEA...etc. what is winner chapels product??
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by femia1(m): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Am a staff of Faith Academy Goshen in Nasarawa state, God as been faithful for the church and God's servant, our salary has never been delay for once,and God has been blessing everyone of us both maritally and financially, may God continue to enrich his servant(Bishop Oyedipo) with wisdom as he continue to show Nigerians and his leaders how to manage an institution called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Fearcom(m): 2:39am On Dec 31, 2019
iamclime:
Am I missing something?

Yes you are, sir.

The church has THOUSANDS of church branches HUNDREDS of primary schools, DOZENS of secondary schools, more then THREE UNIVERSITIES, POWER PLANT, BANKS etc all with PAID STAFF

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Wande22(m): 2:52am On Dec 31, 2019
As a privileged insider, it is not only the men that are being paid

Their wives too are also being paid
grandiose4ever:

We are talking about employees scattered across the length and breadth of villages across the nation yet you are asking for state.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Wande22(m): 2:56am On Dec 31, 2019
I would have loved to respond to this but this is Nairaland.com

can you chat me up on my number in the siggy.....I would explain it in more details
Freshprince91:

In as much as i commend the church for all their doings, one thing i am yet to understand is why they give their parish pastors ridiculous monthly targets to remit to the HQ (Canaanland), same thing with The Redeemed church.
I mean if we take away tithing from most of these Pentecostal churches across our nation, only few would preach and win souls for God. May God save us from us
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by AngelicBeing: 3:05am On Dec 31, 2019
akoruji:

It may interest you to note that I was given an employment as a Data Analyst with Living Faith Church in November 2019.
Also, there was massive recruitment at Covenant University this December for various positions from Web Masters to Programmers. Receive sense!
Gbam, don't mind the witches and wizards on Nairaland, dem never see anything yet, the kingdom of God globally is taking over the rulership of the earth in every department of our national life grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Oduduwa707: 4:06am On Dec 31, 2019
grandiose4ever:
When we talk about the value of Churches in Nigeria people will only cite schools and hospitals. But when you realise that a winners chapel has more global employees than UBA and First bank first bank, you would realise that churches have tremendous impact on the economy.

And exactly what goods or services do churches offer? What's their capital base, structure and source if I may ask?

Just wondering

I swear >90% of Nigerians are mentally deranged!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by NwaMbeke: 6:01am On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
Oduduwa707:

And exactly what goods or services do churches offer? What's their capital base, structure and source if I may ask?

Just wondering

[/s]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by grandiose4ever: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2019
Oduduwa707:

Just wondering

It is your ancestors and future generations that are deranged. The churches offer religious services to a large population of millions of people. If people are paying money to them it is because they are deriving some comfort and peace from there.

Today, Isreal a non religious country makes billions from religious tourism - they know their country has relevance to billions of people and tapped into those sentiments to create a different economy. Same with Saudi.

I do proper research, I don't have a vestigial brain like yourself. The BBC released a report that in canaanland every Sunday over $1million is exchanged via trading.

Again, do you know how much would be added to state govts via income tax of church employees.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by grandiose4ever: 6:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Wande22:
As a privileged insider, it is not only the men that are being paid

Their wives too are also being paid
Wow
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by grandiose4ever: 6:21am On Dec 31, 2019
Elvis2kay:

I know the product of shell,Lego,mask,-line Chevron,novonodisk,IKEA...etc. what is winner chapels product??
Spiritual services - taking care of the spiritual and aspirational needs of human beings.

Shell, Chevron are of no good. They destroy our climate and pollute the earth thereby creating climate change.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Olavic7(m): 7:19am On Dec 31, 2019
Timileyin1234:
6000 out of how many
how many hundrends have u or the federal government created?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by lomprico(m): 7:31am On Dec 31, 2019
you mean 6000 church members.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Olavic7(m): 7:34am On Dec 31, 2019
My senior brother a medical doctor was employed to the newly builded landmark university teaching hospital omu-aran, one of the best hospital in nigeria, even Aso-rock hospital can't stand it

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Skmoda360(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2019
Audio employment..... grin na joke I dey oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Orders Apostle Suleman To Pay Maureen Badejo £19k / "Buhari, Stop Fighting Corruption" - Prophet Ayodele / ‘His Holiness’, Rev. King Can’t Die — Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.