Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" (31909 Views)

Isaac Oyedepo: We Are Not Photocopies Of Our Parents’ Calling / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
seanwilliam:
I will start working on this in my personal life too.. I've learnt one or two thing from the bolded..you're intelligent
kiss kiss
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by dayorich: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
So, e dey pain you now; àbí

seruni:
Since when did the church become a business enterprise that would employ workers? Back in the day in the 90s, the people who do various work in the church are members who volunteer and are happy to do side work in the church for free. But today everything in the church have been monetized and every member want a share of the huge amount of money that flows in the church.

Everything in Nigeria is just in disorder. If the government would do their job to create jobs for the citizens, then they won't be asking the church to employ and pay them.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by bezimo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Seems winners chapel as Led by Bishop Oyedepo with over 30000 staff employ more people than some states set.. chai.. Govt should learn from Bishop on how to be productive

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by seruni: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
dayorich:
So, e dey pain you now; àbí
It sadens me to see the state to which things have fallen in the church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by djcliff(m): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
frowland:

Dont make that comparison, I can employ 1 million people and pay them 5k each and then boast that I employ 1m. So dont make that comparison without having the full salary structure. Other of your point is in order though.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by aji2015: 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Are you ready to volunteer yourself free of charge?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by djcliff(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
philip0906:

That's not the church's business...the church has done it's bit. It's left for government and others to do theirs

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by CodeTemplar: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
frowland:

Seriously you are trying hard. Majority of this 6k are drivers, electricians, tellers (Money counters), etc etc. The article mentioned 6000 @ 300m which factors to an average of 40-50k... keep trying harder bro.
There is nothing to try hard about. The figures were never debated except you want to start a discussion you feel you can boss by all means. That 40-50k you are talking about is what I said is better than 30k of N-POWER and around 10 times of N5k someone claims he can pay 1 million people.
Don't let your heart beat faster over what you cannot match or change.

@bold, 5000 churches will need 5000 pastors atleast so stop letting hate get best of your reasoning power when you say majority are casual workers like cashiers, drivers etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by CodeTemplar: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
djcliff:

D salary is accurate. N their is also a house allowance for d employees on an annual basis. Dat aside, even d wife's are also on salary. To God alone b all d glory.
Thank you. I don't know why that guy is so pained by this news.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
"This was despite the fact that we only received the instruction to plant 5,000 churches from God in January 2019"

grin grin grin

Oyedepo is a comedian

Even God himself knows Nigeria does not need a church but factories, hospitals, equipped security and schools.

If God really told him to plant 5000 more churches in Nigeria, then that God must be Ogun Laakaye.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Tomide007: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:
6000 out of how many
the rest is left to you and i.....he has done six thousand, how many can you do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by djcliff(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Eifechukwude0:
Pls somebody help me am dieing of hunger here in iponri near constain lagos.any daily job to save a life pls 07083766632

Join winners Chapel n say bye bye to hunger 4 life. If u know u know.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by sowilli: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
seruni:
Since when did the church become a business enterprise that would employ workers? Back in the day in the 90s, the people who do various work in the church are members who volunteer and are happy to do side work in the church for free. But today everything in the church have been monetized and every member want a share of the huge amount of money that flows in the church.

Everything in Nigeria is just in disorder. If the government would do their job to create jobs for the citizens, then they won't be asking the church to employ and pay them.
backnin the days ... where did you read that from? Go read your Bible, the people that served in the temple always received some form of wages.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Skillsnigeria: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Tomide007: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:
"This was despite the fact that we only received the instruction to plant 5,000 churches from God in January 2019"

grin grin grin

Oyedepo is a comedian

Even God himself knows Nigeria does not need a church but factories, hospitals and schools
no doubt that we need those things, but even God knows that we will spend more time dead than alive.....Factories is not oyedepo's business. if you're a businessman, the challenge is on you.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by sowilli: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

grin grin grin

Oyedepo is a comedian

Even God himself knows Nigeria does not need a church but factories, hospitals, equipped security and schools.

If God really told him to plant 5000 more churches in Nigeria, then that God must be Ogun Laakaye.
have you bothered to check how many factories, hospitals and schools Oyedepo has built?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by frowland(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
CodeTemplar:
There is nothing to try hard about. The figures were never debated except you want to start a discussion you feel you can boss by all means. That 40-50k you are talking about is what I said is better than 30k of N-POWER and around 10 times of N5k someone claims he can pay 1 million people.
Don't let your heart beat faster over what you cannot match or change.

Oga, follow your first comment and not the second or third. I said, DONT COMPARE with other companies when you have no idea about their salary structure. Then I went on to give an example of someone paying 1m people 5k to someone paying 3k people 250k/month. Their is a huge difference. Its simple, and if you cannot understand my point then sorry, cant help further.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Tomide007: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
seruni:

SMH..have you been to the church secretariat before? have you been to there universities? so you expect people to go to work everyday and not eat....B

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by djcliff(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
sassysure:
Commendable but that is not the type of employment needed in Nigeria.
Developmental companies employing people is what we want as it happens in other countries.

That is the only thing that can move a country forward and reduce poverty.

Sighs lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Eifechukwude0: 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
djcliff:

Join winners Chapel n say bye bye to hunger 4 life. If u know u know.
bros please if you can help me,you need to help me,i know what you meant,but i need to work and eat for now,i cant even leave my position right nw
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
grandiose4ever:
When we talk about the value of Churches in Nigeria people will only cite schools and hospitals. But when you realise that a winners chapel has more global employees than UBA and First bank first bank, you would realise that churches have tremendous impact on the economy.

What impact do they have when they don't pay taxes?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by djcliff(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
frowland:

I am giving an instant. First bank that you mention pay upwards of 150k entry level. So what's your point?

Do they pay ur rent? Do u av time 4 urself n ur family? Can take ur kids 4rm school n bring them back? Oga just leave dat talk. It won't kill u if u just thank God with him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by CodeTemplar: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
frowland:

Oga, follow your first comment and not the second or third. I said, DONT COMPARE with other companies when you have no idea about their salary structure. Then I went on to give an example of someone paying 1m people 5k to someone paying 3k people 250k/month. Their is a huge difference. Its simple, and if you cannot understand my point then sorry, cant help further.
You are spilling more confusion. If you want to do a comparison. of what the church ( Winners Chapel ) pays versus what Commercial banks pay, commonsense dictates that you factor in all the senior lecturers earning big in under the church instead of trying to compare the 2019 employment figure alone. Before these 6k were employed they had school(universities, secondary schs etc) in existence. The universities had senior lecturers earning good six figures. The have full time pastors also in existing church branches or stations. So be balanced in you rant against what you dont want to or cannot appreciate.

It is simple logic Mr man.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
sowilli:
have you bothered to check how many factories, hospitals and schools Oyedepo has built?

I didn't ask that.

What am asking is which God told him to build 5000 churches

That God must be wicked!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by CodeTemplar: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
What impact do they have when they don't pay taxes?
Muslims are using state money(money by belieblvers and nonbelievers alike) to build mosques in Jigawa so appreciate a good contribution towards society Instead of asking for tax returns.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by CodeTemplar: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

I didn't ask that.
What am asking is which God told him to build 5000 churches

That God must be wicked!
Wicked? Guy take am easy o.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by kareemkamil(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Where and where you employed 6,000 people. Lair Mohammed friend. Hell awaiting you for that huge lie.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Wicked? Guy take am easy o.

It's true.

Telling him to build 5000 more...

Haba!

That God must be wicked

That's not the Almighty God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
djcliff:

Oga hug transformer. Which developmental company have generated electricity dat has not gone of since 1996? Jus b happy. Bad belle
I will not hug transformer, rather, u should start thinking like somebody in 21st century.
Others have left u guys behind since.
Emotional tantrums will not make Nigeria great.
Rather it makes the brain redundant cos u dont think outside the box.

Life is not about chop I chop which is the only language Nigerians understands irrespective of religion.
Hug transformer ni cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
6,000 Nigerians or 6,000 aliens... Where did the people you employed come from?? What state? 6,000 people and many are still unemployed.. rubbish

Go and meet your brother Daddy Freeze to employ you

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by AngelicBeing: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
grandiose4ever:
When we talk about the value of Churches in Nigeria people will only cite schools and hospitals. But when you realise that a winners chapel has more global employees than UBA and First bank first bank, you would realise that churches have tremendous impact on the economy.

Gbam, well said, I concur, Oya association of Atheist, witches and wizards on Nairaland, food don done grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
6,000 Nigerians or 6,000 aliens... Where did the people you employed come from?? What state? 6,000 people and many are still unemployed.. rubbish

Your a bitter Soul..When your So called Political leaders loot and don't do anything for you..You rally for them....Make e pain you WELL WELL!!!
So they should Employ Nigeria because of your Ideology... Abeg go and run after politicians during campaign.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘His Holiness’, Rev. King Can’t Die — Church Members / Daddy Freeze Reacts After Woman Gave Husband’s N300K To Pastor / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.