Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts (27598 Views)

Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 31, 2019
Former chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Okoi Obono-Obla, who was declared wanted by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, has questioned the wanted order placed on him by the commission.

He said he was never served a summon.

The PUNCH had reported exclusively on Friday that Obono-Obla, who was declared wanted by the ICPC on October 22, 2019, released a message on his Facebook page on Thursday, which suggested that he was in Nigeria and attending social functions despite the ICPC claim that he had left Nigeria in August and yet to return.

Saturday PUNCH also reported exclusively that the ICPC spokesperson, Rasheedat Okoduwa, on Friday, said the wanted order on Obono-Obla had yet to be lifted.

On August 15, 2019, the commission said it invited Obono-Obla for questioning after his removal from office on August 14, 2019.

In a statement by Okoduwa in October, Obono-Obla was accused of failing to honour the commission’s invitation over a number of allegations bordering on alleged fraud and corruption.

The statement said there was evidence that Obono-Obla left Nigeria on August 17, 2019, through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, and had not returned since.

In an excerpt from an interview Obono-Obla granted a news medium, which he posted on his Facebook page on Monday, the former SPIP boss said he committed no offence that would warrant his being declared wanted by the ICPC.

He also said there was no evidence of summons, stating in the interview that he was not given a fair hearing.

In the interview, Obono-Obla said, “I challenge the ICPC to bring forth the evidence against me. They say I was living above my means; this is laughable. I built my house in my place, Ugep, Yakurr LGA, Cross River State, in 2013. The foundation for my Calabar house was also dug in 2013, the house is still there, uncompleted. While I have a small house in Abuja, long built before this appointment, I still live in a rented apartment in Abuja.

“I have declared my assets and if you see or know anything different from the assets I have listed, go to the EFCC and make a complaint against me. Don’t go to the ICPC because the place is politicised. The ICPC chairman thinks I am his rival.

“What am I wanted for? The panel was disbanded and the President asked the ICPC to send a report of my activities within 14 days. Till today, that report has not been sent. Rather, they went and declared me wanted when there was no evidence that I was served with their summons.”

Obono-Obla also stated that there were people who were still walking free even after being investigated, with billions of dollars found in their accounts.

He alleged in the interview that his travail was politically-motivated because he was from the minority part of the country.

When contacted on the latest post from Obono-Obla and claims, the ICPC spokesperson, Okoduwa, insisted in a text message she sent to our correspondent that there was enough evidence that the former SPIP boss was formally invited twice.

She said, “We invited him twice formally through the Solicitor-General of the Federation and twice through his former chambers. The letters were all acknowledged. On the allegation of living above his means, the commission’s invitation is still open for him to present evidence to the contrary.”
https://punchng.com/icpc-obono-obla-disagree-over-summons/

3 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Nobody: 3:21am On Dec 31, 2019
I am sure the bullion van merchant is among them.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by CapitalHYC(m): 6:05am On Dec 31, 2019
No lies ... This OP is just as greedy as the Man with Two Bullion Vans... Why drag the FTC with me now?? wink wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by smartxyz(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
true.. I just no wan shake table grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by helinues: 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Sebi our mumu never do?

Make we continue to dey sing praise them now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Kaybaba5(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Abeg everybody is corrupt all the antigrafts icpc or EFCC and the alike are all corrupt....

If u know u know

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by OTayobami(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Big lie, Nigeria is better than that! The only man that might have such amount in the bank is dangote and that's even if it is in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Promismike(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Tinubu. undecided

I just wish TA Orji can be put in d prison soonest. That dude decerve life imprisonment or death penalty. That dude killed abia state.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:06am On Dec 31, 2019
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by TheFacelessMan: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

You constantly chant his name.

FACT : Your efforts wouldn't earn you an extra naira.... neither would it reduce the bank balance of a billionaire.

FACT 2 : Tinubu's land is HEAVEN for you guys and your home is HELL.

These facts explain the difference between your bank balance and Tinubu's.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by seanwilliam(m): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2019
Trump perfectly described Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by JubrinElSudan: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2019
Why you no arrest dem When you dey office if you know dem? Dem suppose add am to your offence sef, negligence of duty grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by nototribalist: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
Oga just say thiefnubuu no one will beat you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by okomile(f): 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
We are waiting

Power pass power grin grin
Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Yankiss(m): 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
Why not we create an Anticorruption Ministry independent of the Presidency that tackles recovery of loot and laundered money as a full time Ministry work. I bet you, Nigeria will have no reason to borrow again if all the looted fund are judiciously recovered and correctly applied.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by TheFacelessMan: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
cool
Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by jerrybakermillz(m): 6:08am On Dec 31, 2019
Their account,their wahala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by mcquin(m): 6:11am On Dec 31, 2019
I'm against corruption, but a one-sided corruption fight is no fight.

What about:
1. Tinubu
2. Ganduje...?

Add yours if you wish.

Buharists will want to find a way to defend these, wanting to apply the rule of law in dealing with issues relating to the 2 above named, but have failed to admit how many are under trial on grounds of mere suspicion and nothing more.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by blackboy2star(m): 6:11am On Dec 31, 2019
Names please! My country naija has more billionaires than factories sef...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Chukapage(m): 6:12am On Dec 31, 2019
Walking bag of corruptions everywhere country now be like chop and clean mouth ,carry your own loot dey go that's how it is now!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Maryclaire1(f): 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Greedy people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Skillsnigeria: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
That's Nigeria for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Oga na your turn cheesy

Go and dance to their music

When it is tinubu's turn, he will dance too

Bunch of Thieves angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by IgboSomalia: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Yes
That's the man that made them start mixing kerosene with palmwine in Abia.
He's the one using Kerosene to pay pension in Aba.

You Igbos have solutions to the problems of others but you your own region is in disarray.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by amuwo1980: 6:15am On Dec 31, 2019
See job man playing the ethnic card, go and answer ur call , them dey call u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 31, 2019
seanwilliam:
Trump perfectly described Nigeria.
David Cameron as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w

3 Likes

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by amiibaby(f): 6:15am On Dec 31, 2019
What about u
Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by IgboSomalia: 6:16am On Dec 31, 2019
mcquin:
I'm against corruption, but a one-sided corruption fight is no fight.

What about:
1. Tinubu
2. Ganduje...?

Add yours if you wish.

Buharists will want to find a way to defend these, wanting to apply the rule of law in dealing with issues relating to the 2 above named, but have failed to admit how many are under trial on grounds of mere suspicion and nothing more.

I wanted to reply you, then I looked at your profile picture and saw your shoe.

That kind of shoe you're wearing, you need driver's license to wear it. Na double-decker grin

4 Likes

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2019
Yankiss:
Why not we create an Anticorruption Ministry independent of the Presidency that tackles recovery of loot and laundered money as a full time Ministry work. I bet you, Nigeria will have no reason to borrow again if all the looted fund are judiciously recovered and correctly applied.
This is actually a really great idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts by sureheaven(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2019
They only talk when they're caught.

Mention those with billions of dollars in their walking free or keep quiet.
And to those of you mentioning tinubu, ask your father how managed he choose to be poor while tinubu is wealthy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Result Sheets From Rivers Rerun, PDP Leads / Response To: What Will Happen To Igbo Properties In A Case Of Secession? / Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.