Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees (10113 Views)

Poll: Who's Gonna Win BEST RAP ALBUM at the 53rd Grayy Awards?

The Adventures of Bobby Ray- B.o.B: 1% (2 votes)
Thank Me Later- Drake: 13% (14 votes)
Recovery- Eminem: 61% (66 votes)
The Blueprint 3- Jay Z: 21% (23 votes)
How I Got Over- The Roots: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Nigerian Entertainment Awards Nominees #NEA2015 / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kafanchan: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2010
Da_b¤§§.:

who do u think is better?
Dont mind the guy, he is a rebel.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2010
i would be surprised if Eminem weren't given those Nominations. Have u guys listend to 'No love' ft. Lil wayne? Kai Eminem is the best rapper alive, no sentiments. Feature him in a song and he'll prectically steal your shine from your own song, he's own verse would be far better (and longer lolz), now thats how u knw a good artist. The guy doesn't rap about cars, bling and money. Eminem has placed the rap game on a level far outta the reach of other rappers

i have listened to the rap song "no love", simply maaaddd ILL, the first day i watched the song, immediately, i went and downloaded it,

but as for the 2nd boldened statement, oga calm down, @kanyewest is still the bestest evvverrrrr
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2010
i think during the period eligible for this grammy, eminem rap album was the only one out therre
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ragdollz: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2010
Yes I think other rappers decided to chill so that Eminem will enjoy his "comeback" tongue. I'm sure if Kanye or Jay Z released theirs the same time, mr Em wouldn't stand a chance. Oh by the way, I don't like him as a rapper! Don't see what all the hype is about; he makes good hooks and videos doe.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 03, 2010
3kay945:

dis white guy never tire for award, na only him undecided
The thing tire me o.Hip hop is a negritude culture that portrays black civilization.how eminem came to dominate is what still baffles me,maybe the white supremacists just want to re-write black history and call it white hip hop.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2010
@This post is gettin' sooo interestin!!!!

The Eligibility period for next years Grammy's was from September 30th 2009 to September 30th 2010. Your release must be within that period. So I guess Slim Shady was the Hottest thing then.

Here are Your Nominees for BEST RAP ALBUM:

The Adventures of Bobby Ray- B.o.B

Thank Me Later- Drake

Recovery- Eminem

The Blueprint 3

How I Got Over- The Roots

So guys,who you think is gonna win
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by MzGreat(f): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2010
best new artist should just go to justin beiber
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eldee(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2010
Firebomb:

@eldee: What song are you talking about

The only categories you find International acts are the World Traditional Album and World Contemporary Album.

Exactly . . . if you don't know what I was referring to then don't quote me or refer to me.
I'm not meaning to be rude but I don't like having to read off what I could easily find on Wikipedia when it doesn't answer my question. . . you get me??
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2010
GO EMINEM :::
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by MzGreat(f): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2010
Firebomb:

@This post is gettin' sooo interestin!!!!

The Eligibility period for next years Grammy's was from September 30th 2009 to September 30th 2010. Your release must be within that period. So I guess Slim Shady was the Hottest thing then.

Here are Your Nominees for BEST RAP ALBUM:

The Adventures of Bobby Ray- B.o.B

Thank Me Later- Drake

Recovery- Eminem

The Blueprint 3

How I Got Over- The Roots

So guys,who you think is gonna win
i think blueprint 3-jay z is gun win best rap album tho i rili wish eminem should win
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by frgy1: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2010
kobikwelu:

i have listened to the rap song "no love", simply maaaddd ILL, the first day i watched the song, immediately, i went and downloaded it,

but as for the 2nd boldened statement, oga calm down, @kanyewest is still the bestest evvverrrrr

imagine! Kanye west ,best rapper ever? Wetin be rap IYO sef?
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2010
Eminem definitely.
I cant forget how I reacted to the track "Am not Afraid". I played that track nearly 100 times the first day I heard it. It garnered millions of plays on youtube within one month of being uploaded. So am not the only one who was affected by those beats and rhymes. (Right now it has over 160 millions views in 6 months on youtube)
That dude is back!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Osocan(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2010
kafanchan:

This whole thing na OJORO walahi, I dey vex. why terry g name no dey there?
.guy na big o jo ro o. Na were dem dey put M I and 2BABA self.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Osocan(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2010
kafanchan:

This whole thing na OJORO walahi, I dey vex. why terry g name no dey there?
.guy na big o jo ro o. Na were dem dey put M I and 2BABA self.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by MzGreat(f): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2010
Album of the Year My pick Y! Users
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire vote this choice 6%
Recovery - Eminem[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 47%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum vote this choice 12%
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga vote this choice 27%
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry vote this choice 7%

Record of the Year My pick Y! Users
Nothin' On You - B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars vote this choice 8%
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna vote this choice 44%
F*** You - Cee Lo Green vote this choice 10%
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys vote this choice 18%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 21%

Song of the Year My pick Y! Users
Beg Steal or Borrow - Ray LaMontagne vote this choice 2%
F*** You - Cee Lo Green vote this choice 13%
The House That Built Me - Miranda Lambert vote this choice 7%
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 59%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum vote this choice 19%
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2010
@eldee: I get it! No qualms.
The point you were trying to make was why "Wavin' Flags" by K'naan wasnt nominated right?
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2010
You can try to read the lyrics off this keypad before I type em ,    cheesy
Everybody come follow me. We crown this king together ,

EMINEM

all the way
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2010
MzGreat:

Album of the Year My pick Y! Users
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire vote this choice 6%
Recovery - Eminem[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 47%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum vote this choice 12%
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga vote this choice 27%
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry vote this choice 7%

Record of the Year My pick Y! Users
Nothin' On You - B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars vote this choice 8%
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna vote this choice 44%
F*** You - Cee Lo Green vote this choice 10%
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys vote this choice 18%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 21%

Song of the Year My pick Y! Users
Beg Steal or Borrow - Ray LaMontagne vote this choice 2%
F*** You - Cee Lo Green vote this choice 13%
The House That Built Me - Miranda Lambert vote this choice 7%
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna[ EXPERT PICK ] vote this choice 59%
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum vote this choice 19%

This is really complicated, Eminem is gonna win  AOTY and SOTY,but not ROTY.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by MzGreat(f): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2010
Firebomb:

This is really complicated, Eminem is gonna win  AOTY and SOTY,but not ROTY.
u never can tell and it might also go to jay z and alicia keys(empire state of mind). mehn alicia keys killed d song
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2010
Eminem recovery all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2010
Watch these two songs on youtube

"No Love" by Eminem featuring Lil Wayne
"Not Afraid" by Eminem

After come back here and tell me if BOB's Airplane or J's Empire State of Mind moves you like those songs did.
These songs are great. Especially the first song which deals with bullying,

Eminem all the way
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eminemkayc: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
would be surprised if Eminem weren't given those Nominations. Have u guys listend to 'No love' ft. Lil wayne? Kai Eminem is the best rapper alive, no sentiments. Feature him in a song and he'll prectically steal your shine from your own song, he's own verse would be far better (and longer lolz), now thats how u knw a good artist. The guy doesn't rap about cars, bling and money. Eminem has placed the rap game on a level far outta the reach of other rappers.

true talk, unlike other frivolous rappers like Kanye and Jay who rap about their wealth and all. . . iv followed eminem since the slim shady LP days and i think EMINEM'S the BEST RAPPER ON EARTH wud have given tupac a run for his money if pac was alive. . shady's JUST TOO GOOD!! NO DOUBT HE'S A TALENT!! HE DEFEATED JAY Z on renegade, grin grin DRAKE and KANYE ON FOREVER etc
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
true talk, unlike other frivolous rappers like Kanye and Jay who rap about their wealth and all. . . iv followed eminem since the slim shady LP days and[b] i think EMINEM'S the BEST RAPPER ON EARTH[/b] wud have given tupac a run for his money if pac was alive. . shady's JUST TOO GOOD!! NO DOUBT HE'S A TALENT!! HE DEFEATED JAY Z on renegade, DRAKE and KANYE ON FOREVER

the best eminem's album would always be his first LP , THEN DIS IS HIS 2ND BEST. (others na pure garbage)

as per your boldened statement, HE IS GOOD, BUT NOT THE BEST ALIVE !!!,

what makes him the best rapper alive is it because he raps fast? try listening to his lyrics and then compare with @kanyewest then u would know that they are centuries apart!!!!

as for the next boldened statement, just so u'd know, biggiesmalls was a much better lyricist that tupac
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
There's something about the song: No Love. I thinks its the violin sound in the background. Its gives it a sad theme and then the rap keeps rising and rising as the crescendo takes you right out of your chair up to the roof. The build up is magnificent and leaves you with a mixed feeling of awe, sadness, anger and respect. This is great lyrics wrapped in thumping body vibrating beats and delivered by 2 of the best rappers in the game.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
after all said and done, eminem would clear all the hip hop awards dis year,
pity DRAKE'S album came at such a wrong time, cos dat guy is ILL!!!!

as for @kanyewest, im waiting to see how many awards,
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eminemkayc: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
the best eminem's album would always be his first LP , THEN DIS IS HIS 2ND BEST. (others na pure garbage)

what makes him the best rapper alive is it because he raps fast?Huh try listening to his lyrics and then compare with @kanyewest then u would know that they are centuries apart!!!!

not because he raps fast. . . rather listen to the words of his songs. . . eminem has a message to tell. i RAP virtually ALL eminem's songs, so am not speaking claptrap. . . the EMINEMSHOW was the BOMB as well. . . the SKITS everything, just so DIFFERENT. . . from cleanin out my closet to halie song he talked about a range of issues, his relationship with other rappers and his personal life. . . not about BITCHES , MONEY AND BLINGS OR SHOWING unclothed LADIES IN VIDEOS!!! i hate all that!! its boring in rap cos everyone raps about that!! just like MI's naija's HOTTEST in my opinion, i think SHADY should be giving credit and accolades for exhuming the essence of rap (Rhythm and Poetry) !! more so, u get the best of eminem when he has BEEF with someone!! DAMN, he'll come strait out at them enemies with the D12 and OBIE TRICE especially when DRE'S on the BEAT!! em's the BEST!!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by zibe(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
Fela, as a person, was not nominated. Its the show on broadway that was nominated. That's right, fela's musical has been showing on broadway so the musical was nominated for next year's grammy awards.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ladej(m): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
zibe:

Fela, as a person, was not nominated. Its the show on broadway that was nominated. That's right, fela's musical has been showing on broadway so the musical was nominated for next year's grammy awards.
thanks for the clarification
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ladej(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2010
my question is, WHEN WILL THE ROOTS BE RECOGNIZED FOR MORE THAN 16 YEARS OF TOP QUALITY HIP HOP. WHEN? sad
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by frgy1: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
kobikwelu:

what makes him the best rapper alive is it because he raps fast? try listening to his lyrics and then compare with @kanyewest then u would know that they are centuries apart!!!!

as for the next boldened statement, just so u'd know, biggiesmalls was a much better lyricist that tupac
The first and the last? That means SSLP & Recovery.
Guy , wia u put MMLP & Eminem show?on the wack shelf? Lol.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
my question is, WHEN WILL THE ROOTS BE RECOGNIZED FOR MORE THAN 16 YEARS OF TOP QUALITY HIP HOP. WHEN?

@ladej

God bless u sir!!!

they are always nominated, its because, they aint commercializing rap

add that to raekwon, talib kweli, rakim and the likes,
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by LKRavitz(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
kanye is the best of them all cant wait for my man lupe to drop his album lasers. then y,all gonna know what real hip hop is!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNAVAILABLE - Davido Ft. Musa Keys (Official Audio) / Bracket - International Baby [VIDEO] / Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.