Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. (6589 Views)

Fake Nigerian Prophets Of Year 2020 / Repeating The Same Prayers / Jesus FC VS Naija Church Leaders UNITED: And The Winner Is...Jesus Of Course!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

ARE THEY STILL BINDING?
How many commandments are contained in the Ten
Commandments? Does that sound like a foolish question?
Then consider the fact that thousands of religious people
would give an answer like “94” or “110.” You see, there is a
strange belief on the part of many that the great God-written
law of the Ten Commandments was actually a part of the
ceremonial law of Moses which contained scores of specific
regulations. They do not see the decalogue as being distinct
and totally unique because of its divine authorship. Neither do
they see the clear limitation which the Bible sets for this moral
code by calling it the TEN Commandments.
It seems quite obvious that one would effectively do away with
the “Ten Commandments” by mingling them with ninety or a
hundred others and calling them “ordinances” instead of
commandments. Such a radical effort has been made to dilute
the force of the only words of the Bible which God wrote with
His own hand. Furthermore, the claim has been advanced that
since the Ten Commandments were a part of the mosaic law
of ordinances which ended at the cross, we are no more
obligated to obey the decalogue than we are to offer lambs in
sacrifice.
Is there proof positive in the Scriptures that there was no such
blending of the ceremonial and moral law into one? Can it be
shown that the Ten Commandments were of a permanent,
perpetual nature while the ceremonial law of statutes and
ordinances came to an end when Jesus died? Indeed there is
abundance of evidence to answer these questions with a
resounding yes!
God made known this distinction to His servant Moses, and
Moses explained it to the people at Mt. Horeb. “And he
declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to
perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon
two tables of stone. And the Lord commanded me at that time
to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in
the land whither ye go over to possess it” (Deuteronomy 4:13,
14).
Please notice how Moses clearly separated the Ten
Commandments, which “he commanded you,” from the
statutes which “he commanded me” to give the people. The
big question now is whether those statutes and judgments,
which Moses passed on to the people, were designated as a
separate and distinct “law.”
God answers that important question in such a way that no
doubt can remain. “Neither will I make the feet of Israel move
any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they
will observe to do according to all that I have commanded
them and according to all the law that my servant Moses
commanded them” (2 Kings 21:cool. Here we are assured that
the statutes which Moses gave the people were called a “law.”
Any child can discern that two different laws are being
described. God speaks of the law “I commanded” and also the
“law ... Moses commanded.” Unless this truth is understood
properly, limitless confusion will result.
Daniel was inspired to make the same careful distinction when
he prayed for the desolated sanctuary of his scattered nation.
“Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing,
that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is
poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of
Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against
him” (Daniel 9:11).
Once more we see “thy law” and “the law of Moses,” and this
time the two are recognized as different in content. There are
no curses recorded in the Ten Commandments that God
wrote, but the law which Moses wrote contained an
abundance of such curses and judgments.
The major point of difference between the law of God and the
law of Moses, though, lies in the way they were recorded and
preserved. We have already cited Moses’ statement that God
“wrote them (the Ten Commandments) upon two tables of
stone” (Deuteronomy 4:13). Compare that with Exodus 31:18,
“two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the
finger of God.”
No one can confuse this writing with the way the mosaic law
was produced. “And Moses wrote this law ... And it came to
pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of
this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses
commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of
the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the
side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it
may be there for a witness against thee” (Deuteronomy 31:9,
24-26). This book of statutes and judgments which Moses
wrote in a book was placed in a pocket on the side of the ark.
In contrast, the law written by God on tables of stone was
placed inside the ark of the covenant. “And thou shalt put into
the ark the testimony which I shall give thee” (Exodus 25:16).
At this point we can note several distinctions in the two laws.
They had different authors, were written on different material,
were placed in different locations and had totally different
content.

I don't also see how these proved the 3 sections of the law. The Mosaic law/the Torah placed by the side of the ark contains all that was written in the Tablet. God would have instructed Moses never to write it on the scroll, but he did. And what was in the scroll is the Torah/the law known to the Jews. All of it.

No need to think something out of what is there.

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

The law of God (10commandments) is quite different from the law of Moses which I have demonstrated to you.

What I want to do now is to highlight or draw your attention to the eternal nature of God's law.
After God gave Moses the 10commandments which were written by the finger of God himself.
God instructed Moses to put the 2tables of stone on which the 10commandments were written into the Ark of covenant.

Remember God has told Moses that the Ark and the temple were replica or were patterned after the ones in Heaven.

While the law of Moses was put by the side of the Ark the 10commandments were put inside the Ark.
Over 2000yrs later God's servant John was given a revelation of God's temple in Heaven and he saw the Ark of Convanent of God in the temple with the testament or 10commandments still there.

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Note The Ark stands for God's presences.

The 10commandments are the foundation of God's government they show us how to love God and our neighbors, it is a reflection of who God is.
Abolishing the 10commandments is like God abolishing himself and government.

No wonder Jesus said that till Heaven and Earth pass away one T or dot will not pass away from the law till all is fulfilled.

Pls who gave Moses the law he wrote? And how any Gods did Moses serve?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

Please click and read with logic and without biase

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/27/t/feast-days-and-sabbaths

You v paste that already. Marked discussed.

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

You see yourself?

How you are digress and running away because your narratives cannot hold water.

OK. tell me what is the spirit behind the law?

I dont think you understand. Which one do I tell you the principle?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

I dont think you understand. Which one do I tell you the principle?

Any of them.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

So should I include that there is no division of the law into 3 sections in the Bible as you posit?

The law is intertwined. I have proved it with Jesus discussion on Matt 5, a chapter you yourself quoted. We have discussed this. Don't take me back. If you have more strong point, pls bring it. Scriptural point.

Its obvious you losing ground.Does intertwined means they are the same laws?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

A spiritual man goes beyond law, he sees the principles.

However, I didn't say true Christians have no law. The Greek scriptures are filled with what a Christian shouldn't do. I have given you example in the book of Gal 5:19-21. That was not a copy of the ten commandments. It's different. There are others.

On the other hand, if you want to observe the law of the Jews, you observe all of it. We have discussed that.

You are not serious.

You have failed.

You cannot not even refute and defend your own argument without contradicting yourself.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

Bad.
tell me how do I know it is bad?

Hahaha this guy is funny. You don't get it. To God, you are sinning, but you don't know that you are, so he can easily forgive you or overlook it.

So, what am saying is that anything you do contrary to God's personality is a sin. It doesnt become sin when God brings it to your attention. We are born into sin whether we know it or not.

Now God made sin evident to humans through the law. If not, many of us, including Paul could not have known what sin is. Only God would know. That's the point.

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

You are not serious.

You have failed.

You cannot not even refute and defend your own argument without contradicting yourself.

Which contradiction?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
blueAgent:

I didn't say they were the same exact phrase and content. Am saying that you do not observe one part of the laws and go guiltless. You have to keep all. All the commands makes up one law. Did you understand my point?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

I didn't say they were the same exact phrase and content. Am saying that you do not observe one part of the laws and go guiltless. You have to keep all. All the commands makes up one law. Did you understand my point?

Where is it written you have to keep all?

Are you saying that the Children of Judah also kept the law meant for the Levite's?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

Hahaha this guy is funny. You don't get it. To God, you are sinning, but you don't know that you are, so he can easily forgive you or overlook it.

So, what am saying is that anything you do contrary to God's personality is a sin. It doesnt become sin when God brings it to your attention. We are born into sin whether we know it or not.

Now God made sin evident to humans through the law. If not, many of us, including Paul could not have known what sin is. Only God would know. That's the point.

If that law is abolished which means Sin should not exist again.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

You could not even attempt one question I asked you concerning the law and lawlessness..
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

Says who.

You teaching your own false doctrine not God.

If that is the case why are you not offering goat and sheep for your sin yet to commit Adultery is a sin?

are you selecting the ones you keep and the ones you would not keep?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Isaiah 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Isaiah is telling us that for you to be righteous you would have God's law in your heart.

The question is which Law?

I hope you can see it did not say principles of the law?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Hairyrapunzel: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
JMAN05:

You have become God to know what he is thinking. You even know that someone is sinning against God when the person doesn't know that he is
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2020
blueAgent:

You didnt get to the issue. i repeat:

So should I include that there is no division of the law into 3 sections in the Bible as you posit?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

You have become God to know what he is thinking. You even know that someone is sinning against God when the person doesn't know that he is

i guess you understand the point now.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
blueAgent:

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Isaiah 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Isaiah is telling us that for you to be righteous you would have God's law in your heart.

The question is which Law?

I hope you can see it did not say principles of the law?

Is Isaiah a christian? Which Law do you think he has in mind and why?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
blueAgent:

Says who.

You teaching your own false doctrine not God.

If that is the case why are you not offering goat and sheep for your sin yet to commit Adultery is a sin?

are you selecting the ones you keep and the ones you would not keep?

James 2:10, if you make a mistake of one of the law, you have sinned against all.

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Hairyrapunzel: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

i guess you understand the point now.

Since you are God and knows when someone sins and then you make your own judgement good for you.

Bible didn't say he sinned you said so and you judged him already. You have become jehovah abi?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Hairyrapunzel: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

James 2:10, if you make a mistake of one of the law, you have sinned against all.

You jehovah witnesses that have killed and killing your children due to blood transfusion ban have committed murder therefore you have broken all the laws.

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 11:47pm On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

Stop deceiving yourself. James is referring to all the10 commandments.

Where is it written that it is all the 610 laws.

You are looking for a weak point you cannot find.

In Nigeria is it all the laws that apply to you?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

Is Isaiah a christian? Which Law do you think he has in mind and why?

See question?
If Isaiah is not a Christian what is he?

Ask yourself which law reminds you that what you are about to do is sin whenever you are tempted by Sin?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

In Nigerian law and legal system globally there are laws pertaining to Workers, there ones for armed forces, also for election matters and criminal matters, and in each of those laws there are areas that intertwine and overlap.

Does it mean that they are all one and the same law with the same juridistion?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
JMAN05:

Show me were all the 610laws where written in one book or place as o e common indivisible law?
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
blueAgent:

Show me were all the 610laws where written in one book or place as o e common indivisible law?

So, I conclude that there is none. Thanks.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
blueAgent:

See question?
If Isaiah is not a Christian what is he?

Ask yourself which law reminds you that what you are about to do is sin whenever you are tempted by Sin?

So you view Isaiah as a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2020
blueAgent:

Stop deceiving yourself. James is referring to all the10 commandments.

Where is it written that it is all the 610 laws.

You are looking for a weak point you cannot find.

In Nigeria is it all the laws that apply to you?

James 2:8 about the royal law is what? Part of the ten commandments?

1 Like

Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
JMAN05:

James 2:8 about the royal law is what? Part of the ten commandments?
The Royal law is the ten commandments.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
JMAN05:

So you view Isaiah as a Christian?

Who is a Christian?

If Isaiah is not a Christian than Abraham is not also a Christian.
and that means you are not a Christian either because your right to Christianity is bore from Abraham's covenant with God which extends to everyone that believes.
Re: New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. by blueAgent(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
JMAN05:

So, I conclude that there is none. Thanks.

But you claimed they are one law, that were all done away with.

Yet you cannot show proof that they are one and the same law and were all abolished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!! / Why Are Blacks Christians? / The Bigotry Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.