Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries (12830 Views)

PDP Disqualifies Two Presidential Aspirants, ₦40 Million Form Fee Forfeited Each / Sanwo-Olu Presents 10 Cars To Outstanding Civil Servants In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by texazzpete(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2020
N20000 per person is largely meaningless, and with no transparency as to how the recipients were determined, this just seems like an elaborate new year present.

Waste of taxpayer funds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Skillsnigeria: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2020
That's nice
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by k2money(m): 7:34am On Jan 02, 2020
Why not just 100 people?
20k too small na.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by hipswrites(f): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2020
I could advise Sanwo-Olu better on how to empower young people on microeconomic venture

Ask me how
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by drlaykay(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2020
Flier:
Lol he want them to sell sachet water in traffic
That is the man they called messiah
That is 20.000 naira each grin
Then they will still go to the traffic or roadside to chase them away...
Why not give 80 people 500k and monitor them or 40 people 1M each...
Those will end up employing more people, have more dependants and the biz not crash easily...

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by FIRDAUS3(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2020
Good for him
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by princetom1(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Sikay19:
cool
This is a working governor. Always in the news for making things happen. So, unlike social media governor who makes only noise and nothing can be said about his achievement except populist agenda.
Modified : To those of you quoting me. I no get your time o. And for those who said 20k. No amount is too small for serious individuals who have nothing to start with. There are some market women around my area who are doing well in their petty trading courtesy of trader's moni 10k grant. The fact that the amount you spend on a lunch is more than that is not the point. But ability to make the best use of little available resources. The big amount of money to you is chicken change to some and vice versa. Such is life because fingers are not equal. Good morning.

You are d type that never let governments work... The type that's waiting for crumbs, who doesn't know his/her worth... Who will go and do politicians bidding for 5k... Lemme stop here before u take it personal
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Rapmoney(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2020
aolawale025:
This is great. Empowering people

Nigeria has been where it is because these politicians know that there are many people in this Godforsaken country who reason like you.

A governor shared 40million among 2000 people where each person gets an average of 20k to start business and you see it as a great feat? Nigeria is really finished!
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by TruthinAction: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2020
nwekeugochukwu:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/start-up-capital-2000-beneficiaries-receive-sanwo-olus-n40m-empowerment-grant/amp/

Good gesture but I rather would have preferred government establishing industries which will have a longer term benefits and returns will come back to them. I don't blame them. Most of our leaders lack productive ideas.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by lekan3531(m): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2020
what is the meaning of this rubbish................

Mad people are justing using that 40million to flash us as if they are giving out big money to the 2000 people.

what kind of business will dey use 20,000 to do....

Our government na father.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by DNSPro: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2020
Mallamsaka:
#20,000 naira to make up business in lagos bro
no mind that one baba. Educated illiterates everywhere. He didn't even understood what he read until you explained it.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2020
And how were they selected?
Lagosians only hear figures of empowerment and employments. Neighborhood, CBD, etc.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by fredie107(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2020
20,000 each...
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Sirseedorf(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2020
Beautiful nonsense from the Lagos state president.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Lethal234(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
Why, I deplore the way the world is going. Youth and women? Really? Smh.
By the way I was disappointed, thinking the money is for eash beneficiary.

Anyway it's a step.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Egoveen: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Cash sprayed on Im ownsadsadsadsadsadsadsad
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2020
Kwamecron:
And I no dey among dem,

How did he select them?

U guys should be careful this new year ooh

Na money we go take do am well ooh.

Someone should put Sanwoolu’s number here, he need to include me ASAP

How far will 20k take you? Na market women/men need am pass

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2020
texazzpete:
N20000 per person is largely meaningless, and with no transparency as to how the recipients were determined, this just seems like an elaborate new year present.

Waste of taxpayer funds.

It's way better to empower 100 with the 40m and mentor them to start or boost their business
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by miclil: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2020
"The selected beneficiaries" this people politicalised everything maybe those people are ghosts
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by alizma: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2020
Noerection:
Please when are we hearing good news like this from shout yeast?
Minimum wage news. No
Construction of road. No
Except distributing kerosene to destitutes
Ihedioha will soon change Okorocha Avenue to Mbaise Avenue, that is the next good news from that side.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Macgabe(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2020
Kwamecron:
And I no dey among dem,

How did he select them?

U guys should be careful this new year ooh

Na money we go take do am well ooh.

Someone should put Sanwoolu’s number here, he need to include me ASAP

Its purely for their political faithfuls. Its compensation for their political members nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by CoolAmbience(m): 10:45am On Jan 02, 2020
pmedia1:
Hum...20,000 per person

While the CEO of uba groups gives out 1.8 million to 1000 people yearly for business

May the wicked spirit in Nigerians government be perpetually punished

And the wicked demons from here tormenting Nigerian be exposed and chained

And caged

The most useless thing from a state declaring a 1.4 trillion budget

See below one of the demons tormenting Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxGTZNVd80

I want to believe that the grant was for petty traders, otherwise I think that much more could have been done.

As a Business Development Strategist and Entrepreneur, I think the grant could have made more impact if it was directed strictly to market women, and perhaps artisans.

Just few days ago, I had a business meeting with the member representing my State Constituency in the House of Assembly on his invitation regarding a Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme which my firm conceived and proposed to him.

It may interest you to know that we agreed on a pilot / inaugural project and a N1million grant each for the top 5 top ideas that would emerge from the Scheme early this year, this excludes world class business training, mentorship and networking opportunities that beneficiaries stand to get.

By and large, I think that it is a good development that these programs are now spreading across the length and breadth of the country, notwithstanding the sizes of these grants. What is important, ultimately, is that these funds get to the right individuals who would be able to utilize them properly to better themselves and their immediate communities.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by YelloweWest: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2020
brainworkng:
40million for 2000 people?. Money not enough for senator to through part on his supposed girlfriend or wife.
Nigerian youth are stupìd eh!

Just look at them applauding 40 million naira for 2000!!!

That's less that the governors security detail for a week!
Less than his monthly take home!

As u said, that's money he can comfortably dash his girlfriend!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by luluosas(m): 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
N20,000 each. Wellll!
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by mechanics(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's something, he tried.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by Mallamsaka(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
DNSPro:
no mind that one baba. Educated illiterates everywhere. He didn't even understood what he read until you explained it.
the money is for selected low class people that does not have plans of doing something bigger, naira that has no value.hold 20k just spend #100 and u will see the downfall of the money.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by NGpatriot: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
The most useless governor lagos has ever had.

He's useless just because he's not lining up Lagosians on the side of the road to share kerosene.
Re: Gov. Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦40 Million Capital Grant To 2000 Beneficiaries by NGpatriot: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
YelloweWest:

Nigerian youth are stupìd eh!

Just look at them applauding 40 million naira for 2000!!!

That's less that the governors security detail for a week!
Less than his monthly take home!

As u said, that's money he can comfortably dash his girlfriend!!!

Many billionaires started with less money in their pockets, but they are successful today because of hard work, perseverance, and dedication, not because of lazy thinking and flawed sense of entitlement many of you misguided and shortlisted people dwell on.

Helping hands doesn't have to start with millions of naira and many people know how to turn 20,000 into 40,000.

The success of half of the beneficiaries means increased tax/IGR base for the state to put out more money and provide more essential and social services including infrastructures.

You sound like the typical lazy Nigerian youth, they don't want to crawl, they just want free and fast money as if the world own them something. They can not come up with any sensible ideas and logic, their only expertise is to open mouth and criticize senselessly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Gets NSCDC Rapid Response Squad To Checkmate Attacks On Schools / VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration / French Businessman To Meet Ansaru, Boko-Haram Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.