Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (80029 Views)

Presidency Displeased With Governor Abdulrazak Over Ile Arugbo Demolition / Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Stillthebest: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
kiss

Instead of destruction can they not do something meaningful with the place by conversion?

This man is not different from other sponge head leaders we have around.

They are of no vision no purposeless, lack of ideas and creativity parade stone-age ideas, live in the shallowness of their own wisdom and not people oriented driven.

Do two wrongs make a right? Can't they just approach governance with style and pragmatism?
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Yebosola(m): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Good job!

Of all Governors in this country AA has the best rating so far.

Redistribution of wealth is a good thing. The social welfare needs of the elderly is a priority. Saraki was Governor for eight years. If he was so concerned about social welfare of the elderly he should have made it a state policy and pass a law to make it a budget item. If ghat happened the elderly in Kwara will be dependents on State, and not on any private individual.

A person that feed and clothe others also control and manipulate their will. No elderly should be at the mercy of a private politician before they can eat.

Social welfare generally is why Awo was forever denied presidency of Nigeria. That was one of the pillars of AG and later UPN to create government programs so people can go to govt for needs, as part of their rights for freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Government is able to institute social welfare programs but they will not. Our politicians prefer we are dependent on them to eat.

In fact, building a Secretariat creates job needs for construction and staffing....another way of redistributing income and growing local economy.

God bless Gov. Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman!

Gbam! Gbamer!! Gbamest!!! May your ink never dry,why must the old people depend on Saraki for stipends,who prays among the wailers for their parents to go cap in hand like a beggars? Fayemi did it under his Govt in his 1sterm,y didn't he build a useless "ile-arugbo"? Saraki's ile-arugbo was a political manipulation of poor people,enough of this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sunrise258:
Learn from this. One man cannot rule for ever. The Sarakis dynasty has ended in Kwara and all they stole and cunningly acquire during their tyranny is gradually returning to the state. See how Bukola n his late father are powerless now. Even the Emir of Ilorin is afraid to speak because he knows it takes nothing for PMB to order him be dethroned ASAP.

Saraki single handedly brought down GEJ, his father n emir of Ilorin killed Gov Lawal. Bukola should deal with his own too.

I'm not taking sides, but you don't even need the Presidency to dethrone a king, be it a first-class king or 4th class.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
Abagworo:
This Governor should remember power is transient. This deliberate act of wickedness shall be avenged by God and man in future.

“Power is transient” I agree with you, 100%.

I guess whatever is happening to the Saraki family today is God and man avenging Saraki's own wickedness and wrongdoings during his own tenure.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
For whatever reason the state govt demolished that "ile arugbo" it is not justified but the present administration should bear in mind that saraki is a polical force to reckon with and its just a matter of time he will regret his action.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by uchennaq(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
This present gov of Kwara state is simply using power bestowed on him to intimidate people, I just pity him.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by DeeMain(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He may be related to Ihedioha.

Imbecilic leaders whose only achievement is to destroy the legacies of past leaders out of bitterness and jealousy plus the pain from realizing they can and will never attain such greatness.

He should come and bulldoze the reverence Saraki still holds in our hearts.

Product of a pit-latrine romance.

The greatness acquired by looting our commonwealth. Receive sense.

May this treatment go round to all those who have contributed to keep this nation and the longsuffering masses down.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by oluwaahmed: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Rapmoney:
"He who goes on a revenge must dig two graves". It's either you kill your enemy, he kills you or both of you die. What goes around comes around too because wetin happen for goat house, fit happen for fowl house too.

Hmm, Goat fit lay egg
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Carmal90(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
SarakiBukola:
Carmal90, your lord and master is being spanked.

No more amala for your grandpa grin
I won't be dragged into mud by a PIG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by SarakiBukola: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
Carmal90:

I won't be dragged into mud by a PIG

E pain am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by OnyesomJ(m): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
This life eh
It takes Months to Build a House
It takes One Day To Destroy

It’s well

HNY NairaLanders��
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Gforce2019: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
MrMcJay:
There are many plots of land for sale in Kwara, Saraki should build another one.

I don't pity Saraki after what he did to JJ Okocha.

Just imagine you are in saraki's shoe
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by TopGunFighter: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sonoyom:
These were the original contributors to the Change Agenda, as it is often said change affects you either positively or negatively. Bukola your tea is served!
served hot sir

1 Like

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by MrMcJay(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

I can never be in the shoe of someone who has spent all his life stealing from other people.

Serves him right.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Enemyofpeace: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
The governor is overdoing this thing jo, haba he is taking the whole thing damn too personal
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Enemyofpeace: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
MrMcJay:
There are many plots of land for sale in Kwara, Saraki should build another one.

I don't pity Saraki after what he did to JJ Okocha.
what did he did to JJ Okocha?
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Sonoyom(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
TopGunFighter:
served hot sir
Very hotttttttttt
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by ajl: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
The 1978 Land Use Act does not support the transfer or conversion of land acquired for public use to private use. That's the law. The court is there. Some families have won back their lands when such happen because when govt acquired the land it states it for public use but goes back to hand it over to private entities.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Abeyjide: 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
GOFRONT:
We all know how Sarakis demolished peoples' lives and Societe generale bank.

But hey Rasaki!!!!....Do not pay evil with evil....

Is not evil with evil. I know the history of that land. that was where I do play hide and seek then.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by nopoverty(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
God will surely demolish that useless Governor
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
We are finally seeing the change Saraki campaigned for in 2015
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Charly68: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
The man should reflect in retrospect ,this is what his actions and inactions has cost the legacy of his late father...They want to demystify him in the state before 2023
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by officialflex(f): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
luluman:
Remaininpg Tinubu.

What did tinubu do?. I can see soo many people mentioning this. What did he do?
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by babaireti(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Saraki is not an indigene of Ilorin,hence he has no family house in Ilorin
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by paix(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sonoyom:
These were the original contributors to the Change Agenda, as it is often said change affects you either positively or negatively. Bukola your tea is served!
With or without milk?
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by paix(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
officialflex:

What did tinubu do?. I can see soo many people mentioning this. What did he do?
Maybe because he did not do!!
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by paix(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

I will bite his toes na.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by OgundeleT(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
That is the house where Saraki assemble our elderly men and women to share N500. Imagine a woman trekking from eyenkorin to Ileloke just because of 500. Saraki will not end well
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Sonoyom(m): 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
paix:
With or without milk?
This tea i am seeing there is no milk oooo.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by Abeyjide: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
GOFRONT:
We all know how Sarakis demolished peoples' lives and Societe generale bank.

But hey Rasaki!!!!....Do not pay evil with evil....

That is not paying evil by evil. That land was where we do hide and seek game when I was in primary school at GRA. there was one abandoned structure on the land then.
Re: Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
Yebosola:

Gbam! Gbamer!! Gbamest!!! May your ink never dry,why must the old people depend on Saraki for stipends,who prays among the wailers for their parents to go cap in hand like a beggars? Fayemi did it under his Govt in his 1sterm,y didn't he build a useless "ile-arugbo"? Saraki's ile-arugbo was a political manipulation of poor people,enough of this nonsense.

The old people doesn't lives there that's where the sarakiat shared money to the masses when ever they come to kwara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's States And The Dates Of Their Creation. / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kills 50 In Maiduguri / Alamieyeseigha’s Tomb In Amassoma (Photos) - Sony Neme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.