Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 (30769 Views)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / Qatar To Use Artificial Clouds In 2022 World Cup. / Russia Beats England To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar To Host 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mariory:

Agreed! The fail is colossal. This is a country that has never qualified for any world cup. So moronic. Congrats to Russia though.

They have 8 years to prepare and build a team.

They will buy some Africans and give them Allahu-Akbar names, what is your problem? grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2010
Sagamite:

Where did you get this information from?

Haba! Oga sagamite, u wan talk se you nor know se England tried to do that?

baby-boy:

Sepp Blatter knows that once he steps down countries like Qatar would not see the world cup again? thats why they decided for 2 tournaments because Blatter would be gone in 2020,

Once Blatter goes Africa wont see it again, it either bounces between Europe and America! Asia would not see it either

Are you certain about the bolded? Heard China is rolling out the big guns for 2026 grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by OmoTier1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2010
baby-boy:

Spot on Omo tier

Do you know that Qatar are going to build 22 stadiums (13 retractable stadiums) that would be collapsed after the world cup and taken to 3rd world countries and set them up for free,
I thought that one and Japan's 400 stadiums fan zones with 3D screens on the pitch itself got Blatter's head spinning! Funny these same english yobs whinning on 606, Radio 5 Live, Talk Sports, Sky, etc  about the temperature will be the first to book 3weeks Holidays off work before the world cup starts in Qatar to go get some NATURAL TANNING!

Personally, I think the scale of reusuables in Qatar's bid is stunning to say the least. The only sad part of all these is Qatar rely heavily on expatraites for much of what she does and I fear majority of the HUGE construction work to be carried out will be done by foriegners, unless Qatar can develop the skills required between now and 2015 which seems literally impossible to be honest.

But again I would say congrats to them. I long to see  the day when Nigeria will be participating in the bidding process of major global events (not like the CWG charad Obj did wasting our time , money and Effort when it was pretty obvious that the Brits would never allow Nigeria to stage CWG for obvious reasons)and who knows some of the good brains on NL might just be members ofthe bid team!
Pardon me for bringing this one in! Ha ha, now this reminds me of the voting for the 2014 CWG! I remember following through the analysis of that bidding on Radio 5 Live and I can recall the comments made by 5 Live's sport presenter Alan Greene when He said that He thought Abuja's bid was far more superior and of better value for money than Glasgow and that the only reason He could deduce Abuja might not get it would be the Political instability in Nigeria, yet when the voting result was handed in, it was obvious the quality of the bid had very little impact on the way the vost was cast for Glasgow. I was even surprised they way the national stadium in Abuja was presented in their analysis of one that already has what a host venue of the CWG might need and more so they were very impressed by the qaulity of what they saw when they visited the stadium according to them.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Remii(m): 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2010
Now that Russia has got the World Cup, hopefully they know that Africans are coming, let's see how many banana banners the racists would display the way they did for Osazie Odewinge.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Haba! Oga sagamite, u wan talk se you nor know se England tried to do that?  

Never heard it before in my life.

Al Qaeda would have to be slicing throats in front of every stadia for FIFA to cancel and relocate.

Remii:

Qatar hosted a very successful Asia games in 2007. It is not "hot" throughout the year in Middle East, infact, some days, you need winter jacket  from Nov to March. FIFA may consider that period, if weather becomes an issue.

Be realistic, FIFA would not move WC from summer for anybody.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2010
FIFA is obviously corrupt. The problem is that footballing nations won't stand up. They have the power to start a new organization. Just abstain from a cup. However the IOC is just as bad, the fact is these guys all line their pockets. Most of the decision makers won't be alive to see these awful cups anyway, so they have nothing but their own self interest to look out for. less
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
FIFA MEANS FOOTBALL IS F*CKED AGAIN
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by babyboy3(m): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2010
Are you certain about the bolded? Heard China is rolling out the big guns for 2026  Grin

Wait till when Blatter steps down and you would see the Western European start calling the shots, Not Only China

Everyone (most British) who is questioning the ticket going to Qatar,

When both Australia and USA  showed interest in the 2018 World cup (before Sepp Blatter indicated that its going to Europe)

Australia: nobody whats to wake up at awkward hours to watch football

USA: They had one 16 years

All of a sudden when they gave it to Qatar, they all wanted either Australia or USA to have it ahead of Qatar,
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Prince081: 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2010
Enough Banana for the African teams and fans in Russia come 2018.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by johnson11(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2010
This is a sad news to we England fans but is also a very good thing to spread out the world cup since it main mission is to give other small country sense of belonging and develop football worldwide.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by OmoTier1(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2010
No really, who gave Australia the hope that they can win a bidding for a world cup? A country that barely relates well with other Asian nations both in sports and otherwise. If she can not win Asian votes in FIFA, which other votes can she curry outside of England and the US? It is just like Nigeria bidding to host the world cup but can't curry the favour of Africa reps in FIFA, I would call such a bidding a dead dream on arrival!

Can someone also tell the US that bidding for the World Cup is not a FUN activity. They should really sit down and put their heads together for serious bid. They were disgraced woefully in the bidding process for 2016 Olympics and now 2018 World cup they were outclassed. Who ever told them that flying the master in spin "aka Bill Cliton" couple of days before the vote will actually land you the hosting right?

MAYBE SOMEONE SHOULD BEGIN COMPILING A COMPENDIUM ON: HOW TO BID AND WIN A WORLD CUP. I guess that would be a best seller especially if that South African guy (Jordan) and the Qatari dude co-author it!

Couldthis be what we will expect in Qatar 2022? : Nigerian Won 400m Gold For Qatar In Asian Games 2010   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-555357.0.html
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by SAKUR: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
I'm so happy England lost.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by bidemi12(m): 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
typical Zap.e.d up nigerians. We are so used to corruption. how in God's name would you criticize the english press for exposing corruption? Kai. . . . see mentality. Anyway God go save us one day.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2010
aGREE WITH U BIDEMI
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
Remii:

Qatar hosted a very successful Asia games in 2007. It is not "hot" throughout the year in Middle East, infact, some days, you need winter jacket from Nov to March. FIFA may consider that period, if weather becomes an issue. They are part of the FIFA so you visit them as they too have gone to "cold" places too, that is the rule of "Turn by Turn" according to Fela.

Its a summer World cup even when it was freezing in South Africa the timing did not change.

I know how 40C in Maiduguri feels like not to talk of 50C especially when doing a Sport.

No one has answered how the bikini wearing, beer drinking and pork eating fans would be welcomed in Qatar
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mbulela: 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^
I am with you on this.
the two choices are weird.
Russia - a country where racism is a national sport.
Qatar - a country where alcohol and homosexuality is banned.even Israel is not recognised, so what if they qualify? A world cup in 50 degrees weather (in June/July)?

Blatter and his corrupt crew are thinking of only their pockets and creating problems for others (they should be long dead by 2018/2022).
Not like i am surprised, FIFA is more corrupt than PDP.

No amount of spin in the coming months will wash in this case.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2010
bidemi12:

typical Zap.e.d up nigerians. We are so used to corruption. how in God's name would you criticize the english press for exposing corruption? Kai. . . . see mentality. Anyway God go save us one day.

I have said it before. The people are no better than the leaders they are criticising.

The average Nigerian have a fcked up mental orientation.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by bidemi12(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2010
mbulela:

^^^
I am with you on this.
Qatar - a country where alcohol and homosexuality is banned.even Israel is not recognised, so what if they qualify? A world cup in 50 degrees weather (in June/July)?

Blatter and his corrupt crew are thinking of only their pockets and creating problems for others (they should be long dead by 2018/2022).

in relation to the bolded statement: Response; Are you normal. what has that statement got to do with anything? as far as i am concerned that is a plus on the side of qatar.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by asha80(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
dayokanu:

Its a summer World cup even when it was freezing in South Africa the timing did not change.

I know how 40C in Maiduguri feels like not to talk of 50C especially when doing a Sport.
No one has answered how the bikini wearing, beer drinking and pork eating fans would be welcomed in Qatar

What was the average temperature during mexico 70 and 86?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
dayokanu:

You can enjoy football without taking your clothes off.

They will sell Fanta to drink.

You can always eat beaf, chicken, camel etc.  grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2010
mbulela:

^^^
I am with you on this.
Qatar - a country where alcohol[b] and homosexuality is banned[/b].even Israel is not recognised, so what if they qualify? A world cup in 50 degrees weather (in June/July)?

And so the fck what?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by bidemi12(m): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2010
Sagamite:

I have said it before. The people are no better than the leaders they are criticising.

The average Nigerian have a fcked up mental orientation.

we need serious orientation. we can only but pray for Nigeria. words have no effect at all. I shudder when i think of future generations. imagine the cesspool they have to grow up in. Kai. . . . .
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2010
bidemi12:

we need serious orientation. we can only but pray for Nigeria. words have no effect at all. I shudder when i think of future generations. imagine the cesspool they have to grow up in. Kai. . . . .

I have already suggested a brilliant solution: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376162.32.html#msg6956697
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by asha80(m): 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
Bidemi and sagamite i think the issue is not exposing fifa's corruption per say but the timing of when they did it since they were bidding for the world cup.If england was not bidding then no issue but expecting the same people you are accusing or exposing for corruption to vote for you?i do not think so.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
asha 80:

Bidemi and sagamite i think the issue is not exposing fifa's corruption per say but the timing of when they did it since they were bidding for the world cup.If england was not bidding then no issue but expecting the same people you are accusing or exposing for corruption to vote for you?i do not think so.

I think what you described was my own argument.

There are some people that are saying "na over sabi, God punish dem".
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2010
What would a world cup be without

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/kNYgxVDwXzQ&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by paris10: 12:05am On Dec 03, 2010
It actually serves England right! They are bunch of complaining silly-arse people. They did not win because of their PM and media. Too much emphasis over their presentation. What have they achieved since 1966? I guess they will get the right to host the 2066 world cup, making it 100 years in the making since they last hosted one.

Their PM is hated because of his policies on education, EU laws, Immigration and anti-housing projects. David Cameron is not the most likeable PM that existed today. Fifa's question was, why did England need the world cup? They have everything already. Sepp Blatter's policy is the best there is; always looking for the opportunity to make good and enrich a downturn economy.

As for Qatar, world cup coming to the middle-east for the very first time (remember South-Africa 2010, first world cup on African soil). I welcome this development.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2010
Some fans are allergic to Fanta and must drink Beer.

How can you tell a German not to brink beer, French not to drink wine or Brazilian not to come with Samba girls

The winner of the world cup wont even be allowed to Pop Champaigne maybe they would burst sachet of Pure water
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by paris10: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2010
bidemi12:

What happened to critically thinking @bidemi? BBC's panorama programme was initially meant to create fear on the fifa executive committees in order thereby prompting them to vote for  England in order for the accusations to be dropped. It was a political strategy that backfired. You don't intimidate the governing body. England failed to win because they don't have representative in the committee.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On Dec 03, 2010
Budweiser is a major sponsor of FIFA, Would they be allowed to advertise and sell their products in Qatar?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 12:23am On Dec 03, 2010
paris10:

What happened to critically thinking @bidemi? BBC's panorama programme was initially meant to create fear on the fifa executive committees in order thereby prompting them to vote for  England in order for the accusations to be dropped. It was a political strategy that backfired. You don't intimidate the governing body. England failed to win because they don't have representative in the committee.

Why do people keep on vomitting crap like this?  undecided

This is critical thinking? Where dem teach you the critical thinking?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 12:26am On Dec 03, 2010
This is outright ridiculous? angry angry angry

No sex tourismNo asheNo gulderNo pork shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is the biggest fail in the history of FIFA cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only babes there will be dressed like ninjas,they will only serve camel meat and even the flies will be hiding in your clothes due to 115 degree baking heat cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if the so called stadia are coolet, practice pitches nkor

And what if Israel qualifies??

aboki go cry, this is madness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Football Trial, Agent And Scouts Contact Abroad. / Top 20 Richest Football Players In 2017 / Yobo, NFF Executives In Uyo For Vincent Enyeama's Mum's Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.