Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 (30767 Views)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / Qatar To Use Artificial Clouds In 2022 World Cup. / Russia Beats England To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar To Host 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mrjingles(m): 8:08am On Dec 03, 2010
sayso:

but come people.Isn't the world ending by Dec 21 2012?

http://www.armageddononline.org/web-bot-predictions.html

guy take this alarmist hysteria to religion section, na soccer/soccer politics we dey talk here. You obviously have been watching too many movies.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2010
LOL @ toascarcity thats a bit harsh. when the world ends in 2012 the bidding planets would be Mercury, venus,mars,jupiter,uranus, neptune and pluto if sepp blatter is still FIFA president then i think Jupiter should host 2014 the aliens on that planet seem to have a lot of money grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by batiatus(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2010
Qatar all d way. Pple will learn more of Qatar and d middle east. Why does obama think Qatar 2022 was a wrong decision. Pple shld watch it before US look 4 excuse 2 attack them.
England hv nothin new 2 offer. Was it not d same English press dat almost made fifa 2 move 4rm SA 2 England citing incompetence. Were they nt d ones dat complain most abt d vuvuzelas.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2010
@ravitz shocked shocked
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

many of you guys didnt listen to what was said during the presentation, there wont be any problem with beer, weather and isreal
read this:

Weather

As the World Cup usually occurs during the northern hemisphere's summer, the weather in Qatar was a concern with temperature reaching as high as 50 degrees Celsius. However, the Qatar bid's chief executive, Hassan al-Thawadi said "Heat is not and will not be an issue."[8] The Qatar 2022 Bid's official site also explains:

"Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events."
This method of cooling techniques would be able to reduce temperatures from 40 to 20 degrees Celsius. The bidding committee also proposes to use such cooling technologies in fan-zones, training pitches and walkways between metro stations and stadiums

Alcohol
Hassan Abdulla al Thawadi, chief executive of the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid, said the Muslim state would also permit alcohol consumption during the event. Specific fan-zones will be established where alcohol can be bought.

Israel
The head of the Qatar bid delegation has stated that should Israel qualify, they will be able to compete in the World Cup despite the country not recognising Israel. Israeli athletes have competed previously in Qatar, such as Israeli tennis player Shahar Pe'er in 2008.

Good Luck aboki, this is not what I think of going to have fun with at any world cup

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2010
when will Nigeria host the wc? So to open a condom supermarket near every airport or even hawk them. grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2010
Going to empty the bank for brazil 2014, the last "Free" and "Flenjo" World Cup for a looooooong time, perhaps till I'm in my 50s

Perhaps I will show this fyne brazil kele, how to make egusi souo grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kobikwelu(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2010
nobody is supporting corrruption, what happens in FIFA is lobbying cool cool cool cool
its done everywhere,

the potentials of the WC is soooo huge that countries are willing to deploy all tactics just to host, which includes financial, spiritual and physiological coercion.

blatter's goal has been to take the world cup to every part of the globe, (ITS WHY ITS CALLED WORLD CUP, AINT IT)

the english lost their bid due to bad politics,
in clearer terms , their press were PLAIN STUPID!!! FOOLS AND NOT SUBTLE, what stopped them from publishing the report after the results had been announced except the press had evil intentions, BLACKMAIL

did they expect to get the rights after such an expose,
(IF NA UNA SEF, WILL U GIVE IT TO ENGLAND, AFTER FUCKING U UP PUBLICLY )

the english had sooo much against them and then their press added the final nail in their proverbial coffin.
maybe the english press were hoping with making those reports public, they could force FIFA in giving them the bid, IT BACKFIRED BIGTIME,

QUESTION 1: where will they get the money from?? with ENGLISH government extremely austere outlook means it would not be involved, leaving the burden on private bodies that are still gasping for air,

qatar and russia has the mega oil bucks!!!
also those area's of the world had not hosted the world cup
the bidding rites were in  line with blatter's dream of spreading the game to football disadvantaged areas

AS FOR THE NAYSAYERSAND DOOMSDAY PROPHETS,

remmember, the same was said of SA 2010 (crime, weather and viewership at the stadiums) and we know how successful it was,

as for russia racist fans, they would not even think of it with the whole world present and the government would clamp down , even the russian public would be sooo ecstatic that it would not happen

qatar, (beer, scantily clad chicks, and temperature) all these issues would be resolved, as i have said before, the joy of the world cup would send all these worries away, the qatari authorities would sell beer for the duration of the worldcup , pork would be imported and sharia law would be nicely tucked away!! considering the heat, THAT IS THE POWER OF MONEY!!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kobikwelu(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2010
finally said,

BRAZIL 2014 WOULD BE A WORLD CUP TO DIE FOR!!!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Fhijimos(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2010
I pity beckham.all those gragra na initial gragra
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mbulela: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2010
Everyone is talking about England as if they got the 2nd highest vote.
That sounds so arrogant as England were dumped in the very first round with only two votes.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by HamidO1(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2010
I'm happy for our very own Ashavin, It's just normal that Russia is given an opportunity to host the world after so long.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by FBS: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2010
russia to host WC? smh!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2010
Here are some of the reactions from England. I never wanted them to get the rights but I actually feel bad for them  grin

"Wow, Russia will host the 2018 World Cup, soooo gutted. What more could we have done? What did we do wrong? Prince William, the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, Becks - all that effort and we still get overlooked.""I don't care where the World Cup goes after we lost. I'm just devastated it isn't here in England. I'm sooo gutted I can't take my lil men to a World Cup game to watch England in England. An experience missed out on there - England captain Rio Ferdinand via twittter

"I'm sure the boys of 66 would have loved to have it back here and there'll all be really upset"' - England World Cup winner Martin Peters.

"It's unfortunate, it's sad, it hurts. I was hoping I might see a World Cup in my lifetime in England" - former England captain Alan Shearer.

"We're disappointed but we wish Qatar and Russia the very best, they're two great countries and I'm sure they'll make FIFA very proud" - former England captain and bid team member David Beckham

"I'm not sure I would say we were humiliated, everybody saw our presentation this morning and it was widely praised as being the best one the FIFA ExCo received" - Minister for Sport Hugh Robertson

"I'm not sure how it worked, all I can say is sometimes in life - we've seen so many football matches in our time - the best team doesn't necessarily win" - former Arsenal vice-chairman and bid member David Dein

"Congratulations have to go to Russia, I'm sure it will be a very good World Cup. The guys are quite down at the moment but I'm immensely proud to be a part of it" - Prince William.

"Plates can smash in odd places and in odd ways in the opening rounds" - bid board member Lord Coe

"It is desperately sad. There hasn't been a World Cup in England in my lifetime. I was hoping we could change that, but not this time" - Prime Minister David Cameron.

"Some of (our votes) didn't materialise, I don't know which ones. It would be nice to know because, when people look you in the eye and promise you something, you tend to hope they live up to their word, but clearly that's not happened" - bid chief executive Andy Anson.

"FIFA, for me, is full of people who say 'yes' to your face and 'no' behind your back. Their reputation has not changed for many years. We (England) have little or no influence; we are considered to be arrogant and know-alls and FIFA don't have to answer to anyone" - former England manager Graham Taylor

SOURCE
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
The dunces at BBC missed a glorious chance to rally and change FIFA by releasing their corruption findings before the election.

- Who the hell is going to join in pressuring FIFA to deal with corrupt people that they are seeking favours from? USA seeking 2022? Germany that hosted 2006? Brazil that is about to hosting 2014? Holland that was seeking 2018? Australia seeking 2022?

- It would have made more sense to release the info around Jan/Feb 2011 when the whole hurray about the selection has died down and everyone can focus on FIFA members and raise a media horror that will make the thieves resign one by one.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dalkali(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
I just pray it wont be a disastrous outing for the african nations with regards to racism and harsh weather conditions, England should have got it, like day say nothing rules the earth like power thanks to roman abramovich,
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mrjingles(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
The quotes above reveals how desperately naive the england bid team was. Did they REALLY expect a FIFA delegate to tell them how they would vote? After all the scandals surrounding them? So what did they expect? the delegates told them yes and then said no to ALL the other candidates? wouldn't that be another scandal? stupid! No wonder they were getting all excited about how their bid was "gaining momentum" over the last few days. IMHO they were NEVER in the running. FIFA had probably decided to 'go east' from the get go and it might stay there if china decides to bid for 2026!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Mariory(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

I dey fear o. It might be [b]QATAR[/b]strophic

Did you see the celebrations in Qatar when they won the bid? There was not a single female I could see amongst all those jumping, hugging, hairy men. sad

I was wrong, there was one female.

Anyone going to Qater, here's what to look foward to. grin

I'm going to try to save to get to Brazil in 2014 now.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by cecegorz(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
(CNN) -- Qatar plans to build nine fully air-conditioned open-air stadiums to stage matches at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

See levelz,  we no even get enough power to run 1hp Ac in our rooms
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by OmoTier1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
Abeg oh! did england forget that there was ZOONING in FIFA? Or do they want me to call on AITKU to come lecture them on zonning grin I personally wanted Russia to win it for the obvious reasons. When the bids were submitted at first, most analyst thought Russia had the best bid. England's bid from day one was bedeviled and instead of them playing poliTICKS, they were busy doing shineyo grin Just like they went on doing shineyo and didnt know when the chinese bought the huge car plant manufacturing site in Birmingham!

Instead of whinning, England should just admit they did not play the cards well and that is the reason they lost out. As for those thinking the so called English press sting was to expose corruption, you better have a rethink! Did it really occur to you guys that the so called corruption expose' by Panoram was just old news/allegations which a competent court in Zurich had already sent to the thrash bin? In my own opinion, I think it was a dirty ploy by the press to coerce FIFA executives and unfortunately it back fired. Jack Warren never hid his disgust at the way England was wanting to use the press to her advantaged and He warned about this way back early 2009.

So now that they know, Hayatou was the only other FIFA exec that voted for England outside of Thompson and Blatter played them mugu with all His comments! Next time England should be smart, maybe they could take a cue from Russia, remember no body has monopoly of knowledge.

And to all those fake England sympathizers in this threadm please remove the log in ya own eyes before calling Russia names. In my own opinion, England is a rogue state just as russia is and Wikileaks is currently showing the world how true this is!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mtood(f): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
What is wrong with Russia and Quatar hosting the World Cup? As others have already mentioned, it is a World Cup and any country in the world should be able to host it provided it meets the requirements!
And all those saying Russia is racist, show me which country does not have its fair share of racists.
And those bickering about there not being scantily dressed women in Quatar, that's not the focus of the football World Cup, is it? Moreover, who says every football fan wants to see these scantily clad people? Some are just there to enjoy the World Cup experience and that does not necessarily include bare asses, and boobs.
On a final note, congrats to the two nations on their win.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by hackney(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
All the england bashers, lets wait and see how well russia hosts the worldcup
considering that they still need to build the 8 stadiums (abi stadii) from scratch.

The one they have been building since 1990 has been abandoned.
Una think say hosting na yam abi?.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by shopisky(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2010
i blieve England got what they deserved. common u dont go around exposing someone u at a time u need the persons favour.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
Thank goodness the English were KICKED OUT. Hopeless, arrogant, conceited iddiots.

Make dem come carry world cup hosting.

These idiots think they can flaunt Beckham and Prince Harry before the world and have us drooling, but they don't realise that outside the UK, those guys are seen as inconsequential SHITE, if anyone even thinks of them.

And they keep going on about how they have ''the best stadiums in the world''.

Have those delusional fools ever visited Japan, South Korea, USA, Germany, even South Africa, to see their stadia? All those countries have stadiums that are hundred times better and more modern than English stadia.

Their arrogance is their undoing. THANK GOODNESS THEY LOST.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by OmoTier1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
ROSSIKE:

And they keep going on about how they have ''the best stadiums in the world''.

Have those delusional fools ever visited Japan, South Korea, USA, Germany, even South Africa, to see their stadia? All those countries have stadiums that are hundred times better and more modern than English stadia

Their arrogance is their undoing. THANK GOODNESS THEY LOST.
Thank you for pointing out that part of your post in bold! Goes to show their arrogance. Their greatest nemesis is that they have a very wrong view of how they are perceived outside of the UK. Maybe with this back to back slap on their face by FIFA executives they would actually begin to sit tight look inwards and ask themselves some pertinet questions like one MP rightly said sometime ago that the UK should understand that she is no longer a world power and her influencing powers has being reduced considerably to the size of England!

By the way, do you know the BBC is still going about interviewing Africans living in Russia or Russia controlled teritory trying asking them if they have ecountered racism throughot their stay in Russia and if they think Russian are overly racist! I was so happy that the responses given to them so far is contrary to what they were hoping to hear! Obafemi Martins to them squarely that in His club, He has been very well looked after and that those around where He lives are quite interested in knowing more abot where He is from ad He also told the BBC that, yes there is racism in some part of russia but it is no more different from what He experienced during hsi stay in the UK. Another Zimbabwe school teacher also gave them her candid opinion and even went further to say that she thinks racism in russia is hyped and that most russians are quite welcoming and that infact they are very much eager to learn and know more about where and what goes on the that part of Africa where she is from. She also did mention that in some parts of russia, there is racism just likeany other part of the world ! I guess the Brits would be put to shame again like they were during the FIFA WC in South Africa with all their negative propaganda. Don't think I would forget in a hurry how that uselss now sacked HULL FC coach (Brown) questioned FIFA rational for asking South Africa to host the WC in 2010, demanding that it should be relocated to some other country in Europe!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by nich(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
eeyah! poor Beckham.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
lol, the English even said they have ''the best fans in the world, the best hotels in the world, the best everything in the world''. 

Their delusion has really turned into national dementia.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by folahann(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
It's so obvious why England lost so bitterly, why should you help someone who is exposing your evil deeds.

Even after England had failed, what happened to Spain-Portugal and Holland-Belgium (maybe because they don't have oil like Russia)

As for Russia, why didn't racism affect their bid? Remember Odemwingie and bananas.

Yes everybody knows their is a foul play somewhere.

Now over to Qatar (where women must dress like Ninjas), what happens to traveling female fans who have to to support their countries.

They are part of the people that chased Israel to UEFA, so what if Israel qualifies; world war III? (Oil is good o, Nigeria what are you waiting for?)

My congratulations goes to England for exposing the truth, instead of covering it in order to gain favour from motherfuucking FIFA
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Mariory(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
mtood:

And those bickering about there not being scantily dressed women in Quatar, that's not the focus of the football World Cup, is it? Moreover, who says every football fan wants to see these scantily clad people? Some are just there to enjoy the World Cup experience and that does not necessarily include bare asses, and bosoms.

On the point of the ladies of course that's not the primary purpose of the world cup but you ladies sure do make it a better experience. wink

Seriously though, there is no logical reason as to Qatar hosting the world cup. Qatar is not a footballing nation. FIFA's own commitee described Qatar as a risk. A country of only 1.7million people? I mean common! There is no way the FIFA delegates followed their own rules in picking Qatar.

If something like this happened in Nigeria we would be crying corruption.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by OmoTier1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
No seriously, did you guy notice that England thought FIFA execs could be fooled by their presentational videos filled with foriegners whom theirpress slight at every opportunity but now sees their usefulness when it comes to what will favour england alone! Funny they even had Torresssss, Wenger, LOL on their promotional video!

It has been said before and I will repeat it here. The English/Brits are bad losers who whinge alot, blaming others for their own epic failure! Seriously,  if Enland was given the right to host FIFA WC 2018, do you really think the true football fans around the world would have benefit from it? People would have paid through their nose to attend the world cup and their wallet would be empty even before the second stage of the competition.
Worst, before then, much of England would have become truly a third world as the vatican cardinal said the other day!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2010
Oya, una wannabe footballers in here, make we go sell ourselves to Qatar, they need players for their World cup and we know they got the pali to pay us to play for them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by chelseabmw(m): 3:11am On Dec 04, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Football Trial, Agent And Scouts Contact Abroad. / Manchester City Wins Appeal, To play in Champions League Next Season / Top 20 Richest Football Players In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.