Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding (63310 Views)

Mutant, One-Eyed Albino Baby Shark Found In Indonesia (Pictures) / Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by jc4real(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
So sad. Climate change

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50981453
People are suffering oh see grand displacement of individuals from their properties worth millions of Naira I pray the same does not happen in Lagos where there's poor drainage sys
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by kingreign(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
dominique:

I've googled it. Should they not be preventing rainfall rather than induce it?
Lemme explain further. When the atmosphere becomes laden with evaporated moisture and the clouds becomes heavy and dense, they fall off as rainfall/precipitation. Now, NaCl being hygroscopic draws atmospheric humidity and this will cause the sky around the region where the 'seeding' occurs to become dense and heavy thus bringing down precipitation or (rainfall/snowfall).

Scientists playing God albeit, foolishly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Gforce2019: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

NaCl (sodium chloride aka common table salt) is hygroscopic, meaning it absorb moisture from its surrounding and from the atmosphere around it. The knowledge of this property of salt is what is used to 'seed cloud', cloud seeding is a process of spraying chemicals usually NaCl into the atmosphere to absorb atmospheric precipitation. This will induce changes in rainfall or snowfall pattern and time.

Previously, Silver iodide or potassium iodide etc were used for this purpose.

Chemist impostor sighted.
Display of pseudo-intelligent in chemistry. I hail thee!

2 Likes

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Jabioro: 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
My father can help them to stop rain..many enchanters are here in Nigeria with African science..I am ready..to signed the contract..my own go pass Elijah own..
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=KingAzubuike post=85477512] And some Nigerians here will be claiming they can use juju to stop and create rain. We always tell theme juju doesn't exist but they wouldn't wanna believe. [/quote
Sis u Neva jam pray not to Jam juju because it will end in tears
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Jabioro:
My father can help them to stop rain..many enchanters are here in Nigeria with African science..I am ready..to signed the contract..my own go pass Elijah own..

Hahahahah not funny
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by harveygordon: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
engrchykae:
but whenever the rain must fall,we must have lots of salts being washed down,hcl,and compounds of na.
Nature should be allowed to take it's course.
When the rain finally falls, every metallic surface is exposed to attack

How? Last I checked, it's moisture and O2 that capable of destroying metal except from heat

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Slynation(m): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Let them contact me. My ancestors were rainmakers. Anyi na ra mmiri, ne Ji ya.

For 50k$ I'll stop d rain.
Asin ehh grin something they will pay one of our Igbo brothers to hold and send the rain away from Jakarta grin grin
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
dominique:

They are inducing the cloud masses to fall as rain in less flood-prone areas, before the winds move them into position over already flooded Jakarta

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Jabioro: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
Viciheaka:

Hahahahah not funny
Make dem try me..now
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Gforce2019: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

Lemme explain further. When the atmosphere becomes laden with evaporated moisture and the clouds becomes heavy and dense, they fall off as rainfall/precipitation. Now, NaCl being hygroscopic draws atmospheric humidity and this will cause the sky around the region where the 'seeding' occurs to become dense and heavy thus bringing down precipitation or (rainfall/snowfall).

Scientists playing God albeit, foolishly.

Let's me ask the rain maker priests in nyamiri region about your theory maybe it's true or not. Wait for me here make I quickly take okada go .
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by kingreign(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
engrchykae:
but whenever the rain must fall,we must have lots of salts being washed down,hcl,and compounds of na.
Nature should be allowed to take it's course.
When the rain finally falls, every metallic surface is exposed to attack
True that.

Likewise when we have Oxides of Sulphur and Nitrogen falling down in precipitation, we have a weak acid rain this affects, metallic surfaces, concrete, some rubber, and soil surface which would leached down to subsurface water and pollute the water, and also to cause the wilting of forest plants called (waldsterben or forest dieback)

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by kingreign(m): 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Gforce2019:

Let's me ask the rain maker priests in nyamiri region about your theory maybe it's true or not. Wait for me here make I quickly take okada go .

Okay
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
And some Nigerians here will be claiming they can use juju to stop and create rain. We always tell theme juju doesn't exist but they wouldn't wanna believe.

Mobuch how far?
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by litathom(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Our major Natural disaster in Nigeria is Buhari and Boko Haram.
be like Kirikiri dey hungry you, shebi
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Mcbayo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lovelies1:
Check my signature

Isreal prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu retreat for defensive measure against Hezbollah
what has this got to do with cloud seeding ?
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Gforce2019: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mikelarteta:

Also include your State governor , senator,honourable, local government chairman etc who.has made your life so miserable that.you can think straight. Such a pity!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by maasoap(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mikelarteta:

Your disaster in Nigeria had always been with you before Buhari and Boko Haram. IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Jonathan, armed robbers, kidnappers, herdsmen, Militants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by AgentNairaland(f): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mikelarteta:

grin grin

Abeg send me ur account number
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Chatbot1234: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

NaCl (sodium chloride aka common table salt) is hygroscopic, meaning it absorb moisture from its surrounding and from the atmosphere around it. The knowledge of this property of salt is what is used to 'seed cloud', cloud seeding is a process of spraying chemicals usually NaCl into the atmosphere to absorb atmospheric precipitation. This will induce changes in rainfall or snowfall pattern and time.

Previously, Silver iodide or potassium iodide etc were used for this purpose.

are you a chemist ?
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Okoroawusa: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
gideonite98:
Nice move by their government
Thank God say no be naija
What is the matter with you people?
Leave the country for others if u r tired of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Chatbot1234: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
jamesversion:
Make una stop to dey send ladies PM anyhow. It's not good

nl ladies don show my broda pepper, dem go reply you one day.
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Tayeni(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
dominique:

What I think they do is...induce it(cloud, moving in the direction of Jakarta) to fall before it gets to Jakarta

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Slynation(m): 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
And some Nigerians here will be claiming they can use juju to stop and create rain. We always tell theme juju doesn't exist but they wouldn't wanna believe.
When my cousin bro was doing his tradition marriage on a very sunny afternoon around December 28th 3yrs ago, some men came to us (Rain makers) & demanded we pay them or they will send down heavy rainfall to scatter everything.... People like you thought it was a joke including myself, until heavy black cloud gathered around us within 15minx, all of a sudden it started drizzling, we had to negotiate & we settled the case amicably with 10K...after that, about 5minx later the day became bright and sunny again, so if this is not voodoo i don't know what else to call it....

3 Likes

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by ifeanyija(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
juju exist oo, except u re saying God don't exist, if God exist den Satan exist
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by bigtt76(f): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
I was wondering too cause cloud seeding is associated with inducing rain in areas without adequate rainfall

dominique:

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by sagna112(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

True that.

Likewise when we have Oxides of Sulphur and Nitrogen falling down in precipitation, we have a weak acid rain this affects, metallic surfaces, concrete, some rubber, and soil surface which would leached down to subsurface water and pollute the water, and also to cause the wilting of forest plants called (waldsterben or forest dieback)

set awon john dalton

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos As Recaptured Kano Lion Returns To Cage / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / Angry Elephant Attacks Jumbo Sculpture After Thinking It’s A Love Rival(Pix,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.