Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding (63317 Views)

Mutant, One-Eyed Albino Baby Shark Found In Indonesia (Pictures) / Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Neddyogu(m): 6:58am On Jan 04, 2020
engrchykae:
when metallic salts like nacl falls on fe,na being more electropositive will displace Fe and therefore cause rust
Trés bien
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Scottallen: 6:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Slynation:

When my cousin bro was doing his tradition marriage on a very sunny afternoon around December 28th 3yrs ago, some men came to us (Rain makers) & demanded we pay them or they will send down heavy rainfall to scatter everything.... People like you thought it was a joke including myself, until heavy black cloud gathered around us within 15minx, all of a sudden it started drizzling, we had to negotiate & we settled the case amicably with 10K...after that, about 5minx later the day became bright and sunny again, so if this is not voodoo i don't know what else to call it....

Not voodoo, they use similar process as rain seeding used by road contractors and other scientists.

Usually, the rain maker makes some fire using some local components and the components of the vapor can induce rain. The rain can stop when the fire stops.

Voodoo is pure science displayed to ignorant folks.

The major thing is that compounds of potassium iodide or other similar compounds capable of inducing rain are released into the atmosphere
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by luluosas(m): 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Serious tragedy
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by alaira(m): 7:14am On Jan 04, 2020
be ;ylinko:
ok. hopefully it works for them. we are battling with harmattan here o. Abeg what's the way forward?
PLEASE HELP US ASK HIM TO HELP US OUT OF THIS HARMATTAN grin
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Slynation(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Scottallen:

Not voodoo, they use similar process as rain seeding used by road contractors and other scientists.

Usually, the rain maker makes some fire using some local components and the components of the vapor can induce rain. The rain can stop when the fire stops.

Voodoo is pure science displayed to ignorant folks.

The major thing is that compounds of potassium iodide or other similar compounds capable of inducing rain are released into the atmosphere
Like I said earlier, if its not voodoo, i don't know what else to call it...
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Scottallen: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2020
Slynation:

Like I said earlier, if its not voodoo, i don't know what else to call it...

It is not voodoo but science. However, if your mind is made up on voodoo. Then,so be it
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Slynation(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2020
sotall:

What do you mean there is power from above and power from beneath?
The sentence is self explanatory, in fact feel free to give it your own meaning, before i say one thing, then another fellow will come and give it another meaning...
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by JaneKenedy: 7:39am On Jan 04, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
Let them contact me. My ancestors were rainmakers. Anyi na ra mmiri, ne Ji ya.

For 50k$ I'll stop d rain.
Stop it first for humanity sake nah please
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Slynation(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Scottallen:

It is not voodoo but science. However, if your mind is made up on voodoo. Then,so be it
Not that my mind is made up, I don't know what else to call it grin
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Johnson5258: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2020
God i thank you on behalf of Nigeria
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2020
somethjng i will do with few incantation
make dem bring ogogoro and bitter kola kia e don stop
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by sotall(m): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Slynation:

The sentence is self explanatory, in fact feel free to give it your own meaning, before i say one thing, then another fellow will come and give it another meaning...

In other words you ain't ready to explain what you mean. It's perfectly ok
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by gaza1234: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2020
Naso we dey indoor for like 3 days now without food
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Abagworo(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2020
kingreign:

NaCl (sodium chloride aka common table salt) is hygroscopic, meaning it absorb moisture from its surrounding and from the atmosphere around it. The knowledge of this property of salt is what is used to 'seed cloud', cloud seeding is a process of spraying chemicals usually NaCl into the atmosphere to absorb atmospheric precipitation. This will induce changes in rainfall or snowfall pattern and time.

Previously, Silver iodide or potassium iodide etc were used for this purpose.

In Igboland we developed the technology of burning leaves which reacts with the atmosphere to reduce rains or stop them.
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Chatbot1234: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2020
kingreign:

No, I'm an environmentalist, but I studied chemistry in elementary school.

wow you did a lot on that, very intelligent, kudos boss.

2 Likes

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by kingreign(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2020
Chatbot1234:

wow you did a lot on that, very intelligent, kudos boss.
Its necessary for any good environmentalist to have good knowledge of physics, agriculture, geography, biology and statistics. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2020
kingreign:

NaCl (sodium chloride aka common table salt) is hygroscopic, meaning it absorb moisture from its surrounding and from the atmosphere around it. The knowledge of this property of salt is what is used to 'seed cloud', cloud seeding is a process of spraying chemicals usually NaCl into the atmosphere to absorb atmospheric precipitation. This will induce changes in rainfall or snowfall pattern and time.

Wonders will never cease.
Man has technology that can control weather?!
Please do give update in Jakarta if / when it works
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Ajibade123(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2020
May God be with the bereaved families

Are you embarrassed by your failure?? see failure stories of top successful people
https://explicitsuccess.com/failure-stories-of-successful-people/
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by doggedfighter(f): 10:04am On Jan 04, 2020
handsomebanana:

God will show u.
Keep doubting.
Heaven is real, so is hell.
Make ur choice while u still have one.

The day of judgement is near
They are not real.
Stop being paranoid
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by engrchykae(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Neddyogu:

Trés bien
what's is the meaning in English
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by handsomebanana(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

They are not real.
Stop being paranoid

In time, the truth about the universe and its secrets shall be revealed to you, my only fear for you is that by then, it might be too late to do anything about it.

smiley
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by afemgbosey(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
jamesversion:
Make una stop to dey send ladies PM anyhow. It's not good

Your advert paid off, you should be pleased.
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
From floods in Indonesia to fire in Australia
Climate crisis is REAL.
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by inyenejo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Our major man made and natural disaster is buharigg
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by semitunde: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
dominique:

I've googled it. Should they not be preventing rainfall rather than induce it?

They're inducing the rain to fall somewhere else before it gets to Jakarta to prevent the floods.
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by shiki(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
dominique:
What is cloud seeding? Try and reattach the photos properly

2006!
you most be one of the pioneers of NL
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by WarriFirstBorn(m): 5:29am On Jan 05, 2020
gideonite98:
Nice move by their government

Thank God say no be naija
Don't worry. We have enough traditional solution for this kind of problem.

Just one bottle of Seamans dry gin and 5 thousand naira and the rain will japa grin

1 Like

Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 05, 2020
WarriFirstBorn:

Don't worry. We have enough traditional solution for this kind of problem.

Just one bottle of Seamans dry gin and 5 thousand naira and the rain will japa grin
grin grin grin that one sef dey
Re: Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding by marwanafrica: 12:21am On Oct 15, 2020
kingreign:

Well done Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / Angry Elephant Attacks Jumbo Sculpture After Thinking It’s A Love Rival(Pix,vid) / Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.