Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa (56862 Views)

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by wwwihy: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigeria has overtaken Egypt as the largest rice producer in Africa. Nigeria now produces 8 million tonnes out of the Africa average of 14.6 million tonnes of rice annually. Egypt used to produce 4.3 tonnes annually but suffered a decline of almost 40 percent in the last one year.
https://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00066911.html

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by hisexcellency34: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Yet the economy is still in critical condition

283 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Topccy007z: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
I wish it's true. Because to me rice is still quite expensive

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by donbachi(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigeria Is Now The Highest Producers Of Lies In Africa.

1035 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by rottennaija(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Bros, don't be too pessimistic, if we continue in this direction, eventually, we will get there. Egypt and other countries didn't get to where they were with leaders Nigeria had been cursed with from independence.

Have faith. Give it time. In time, in time.

267 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Okoroawusa: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
I Love PMB

We can achieve whatever we set our hearts n minds to achieve. The sky is only our stepping stone

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by rusher14: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Coscharis is presently making money from rice production.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Mutemenot(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
When was the border closed and how long does it take to farm rice?? Audio rice everywhere....

301 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by qualityovenbake(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nice. Next stage is affordability to Nigerians.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by wwwihy: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mutemenot:
When was the border closed and how long does it take to farm rice?? Audio rice everywhere....

Think and research before making useless comments here

https://www.nairaland.com/2743859/buhari-launches-dry-season-rice

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Beremx(f): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
I have been seeing different types of Nigerian rice in the market and non looks neat like foreign rice. They are even expensive.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Slynation(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
Which kind lies be this one naw......
Anyways am not surprised, this regime was built on fallacious foundation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Maxymilliano(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Here we go again ... Same way Chief Audu Ogbeh once claimed that rice mills were shutting down in Thailand as a result of the decline in rice importation by Nigeria only to be debunked by no other person than the Ambassador of Thailand to Nigeria

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Sibrah: 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
The main thing when appraising issues like these is self sustainability. Are we self-sufficient? Nigeria is like a 6-in-1 country so it is easy to be the biggest in certain aspects but can our effort cover our needs? OP please answer.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Blue3k(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Im skeptical about that 8 tons figure. That means Nigeria is completely self sufficient in rice and more than doubled production. If that much rice was produced it would show in price decline.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Urahara22: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Blue3k:
Im skeptical about that 8 tons figure. That means Nigeria is completely self sufficient in rice and more than doubled production. If that muxh rice was produced it would show in price decline.

Exactly.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Urahara22: 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
Blue3k:
Im skeptical about that 8 tons figure. That means Nigeria is completely self sufficient in rice and more than doubled production. If that muxh rice was produced it would show in price decline.

I'm curious . Was rice consumption in the 60s low because Nigerians were damn too poor to afford rice or was it low because Nigerians didn't really fancy rice then ?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by omohayek: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Blue3k:
Exactly. These numbers must have been sourced from the same place Baghdad Bob used to get his own fictional figures.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by obailala(m): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Urahara22:

I'm curious . Was rice consumption in the 60s low because Nigerians were damn too poor to afford rice or was it low because Nigerians didn't really fancy rice then ?
Population growth apparently. And I guess our people then were more interested in yams and cassava.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Ogegeodey(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
Normally it should be a thing of joy oo, but it's so defficult to believe this Buhari people with their data.

If it's true, I'm happy. If its false we should work hard and achieve it. Thats all

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by hisgrace090: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
With this high cost of the commodity in town?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Blue3k(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Urahara22:

Population growth mainly and income growth occurred.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Afamed: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
That's how to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by helinues: 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Good to read.

Slow and steady

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
Is the rice produced in another country not visible to us

Abi no be the same Nigeria we dey

Who talk this kind thing

Lai, na you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Blue3k(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
omohayek:

Exactly. These numbers must have been sourced from the same place Baghdad Bob used to get his own fictional figures.

Lol Baghdad Bob is the worst propagandist of all time. Im going to see if he's do e any recent interviews. It's weird he went these numbers knowing they're disputed by other sources.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Urahara22: 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Normally it should be a thing of joy oo, but it's so defficult to believe this Buhari people with their data.

If it's true, I'm happy. If its false we should work hard and achieve it. Thats all

Why should it be a thing of joy ?

Of what use is it being Africas largest producer of expensive rice ? what is the benefit ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Ogegeodey(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
Urahara22:

Why should it be a thing of joy ?

Of what use is it being Africas largest producer of expensive rice ? what is the benefit ?

A thing of joy cos we are on the right part to self sufficiency. If we are self sufficient, we can think of export and earn foreign exchange.

Or are you happy that the price of a mudu of Local rice is above N600?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Godfullsam(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
donbachi:
Nigeria Is Now The Highest Producers Of Lies In Africa.

grin grin grin grin grin

Funny you...

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nanagom: 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
grin igba igba igbaladogi

Who else remembers this song grin grin grin

This might be so in the future surpassing Thailand and co but not right now, which day we close border angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by virginboy1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
Largest Audio Producer of Rice in Africa... lipsrsealed

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / E-Agriculture Course And Certification - Career Boost / I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.