Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April (27391 Views)

Cow Ban In South East From April Irreversible - IPOB / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Toosure70: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2020
With 3k increment on my salary abi?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by bhest(m): 12:26am On Jan 05, 2020
how did we get here..

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by loswhite(m): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2020
Heffalump:
The stupid thing about Govt electricity pricing is that they thought by increasing tariffs, more revenues would be generated. But that's dummy lie as more leakages will shrink whatever income expected. The rate of thefts will rubbish proceeds from increased bill.

However, if the Hovt makes power affordable to the common man, then you have large consumers of power paying for it. Consequence is that there will be a huge revenue turnover compared to the first scenario undecided
beer parlour analysis

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Standing5(m): 1:03am On Jan 05, 2020
We are going higher on prices but lower in service quality.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by LZAA: 1:11am On Jan 05, 2020
Afamed just wants sai babarism everywhere
Smh
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by GoldHorse(m): 1:56am On Jan 05, 2020
Which electricity?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by AngelicBeing: 2:20am On Jan 05, 2020
emeijeh:
Me, when I see BEDC officials in my area after March 2020

[img]https://boygeniusreport.files./2019/04/ezgif-5-71726c762bc3.gif?w=744[/img]
tongue

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by bejick(m): 2:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Where is that dead meat seller and his or her cohort. You won't see those idiotv came here to shout we love you bubu. My own is that na the same market all of us dey buy things. If heaven falls na on top all man head.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by AerialMapper: 3:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Hope we get better supply in return!!
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Bluntemperor: 4:02am On Jan 05, 2020
okorotalkative:
Issokay, just give us prepaid meter. Me and people wey dey live for chevron dey pay the same amount for electricity. Only difference be say dem get 24hrs.

35 to 40k every month na wetin IKEJA dey bill me be that o.

I just dey pray make dem gimme prepaid this year, na then una go know say i sabi manage electricity

it is wickedness from bottom of hell.Both GEMCOS and DISCOS have no solution to the light issues in Nigeria,in fact it is a reap Off.i n fact in Ikorodu,situation is worse.Through out Christmas and New year no light-from garage-a small distance to the IKDC Office in Sabo and all its environs,its total darkness,even now,yet the DISCOS are bringing bills for darkness.To worsen things,it is one or two days-off on weekly basis.Where are the representative to fight for the people? ts the greatest injustices and SCAM of the century.Shameful!!.
It will be a foolish decisions on GEMCOS for not giving the people lights and good services,yet you want to increase rates.na wa o.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by mmsen: 4:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Pay more for less.

Solar power over here.

Stupid people.

What happened to that ugly fool who was bleeting about it not being 'rocket science '? I have not heard nor seen that man in a couple of years.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2020
Na una new year resolution be that?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2020
Govt of useless thieves,
by redundant thieves,
for brainless buffoons!

The self-serving/hearless despot is hell bent on milking the masses dry!
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by EgunMogaji2: 4:52am On Jan 05, 2020
This may be the catalyst to get more people onto renewable energy. For solar, though hydro is also possible if the residence is close to a stream.

The turn off to most about solar is the initial outlay of investment. I think Nigerians are looking at it the wrong way.

My recommendation is for people to break their needs into silos.

1) Use standalone solar powered floodlights at critical places on the exterior.

2) Use standalone solar powered borehole pump.

3) Use a timer on the house hold fridge to only come on in off peak periods or use a standalone solar powered fridge.

4) What’s left, the TV, fans, interior lights, can be powered by a minimal solar system and offer 24/7 power.

You can go off grid and kiss PHCN goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 5:06am On Jan 05, 2020
At least we all will suffer it, the zombies and the wailers. Welcome to next level.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 5:10am On Jan 05, 2020
mmsen:
Pay more for less.

Solar power over here.

Stupid people.

What happened to that ugly fool who was bleeting about it not being 'rocket science '? I have not heard nor seen that man in a couple of years.
bros no na fashola no ugly na! Na handsome fool him be.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 5:12am On Jan 05, 2020
loswhite:
beer parlour analysis
but his analysis is not wrong, I guess na u dey the beer parlour dey argue of point.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 5:14am On Jan 05, 2020
bhest:
how did we get here..
we got by some uneducated and some lying � deceptive educated greedy and gullible Nigerians
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 5:15am On Jan 05, 2020
Sai baba! Who is with me?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by dederocs(m): 6:25am On Jan 05, 2020
We are already paying too much, government should subsidise electricity for Nigerians by reducing taxes for disco operators.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by mormoney85(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Yungmil:
Pls let's just sell this country. I have buyers already.
who's gonna buy a property with so much debt on it
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by loswhite(m): 6:44am On Jan 05, 2020
Fuckgovt:
but his analysis is not wrong, I guess na u dey the beer parlour dey argue of point.
Is electricity a revenue generation for Government? Do you know the cost of generating electricity ? Do you think that it is ok to invest in electricity and then make losses? Have you ask your self why banks don't like to borrow money to Discos? Please get reliable information before posting. ..
We want stable electricity but will not hesitate to bypass so that we can use 100 naira in 1 year...lol. The problem of this country is not just government
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by tonsen44: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2020
Pay your Nepa bills and earn, Buy your airtime and earn, Buy your data and earn, Subscribe your dstv Gotv startimes decoder and earn. Refer someone and earn big.
The best Network marketing business in the Telecom industry with huge compensation and passive earnings for life. TURN YOUR EXPENSES INTO INCOME.
I want to join, Whasapp me on 08145690850
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Skmoda360(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2020
StrikeBack:
Wow nice development
Useless development to steal from us...where is the light sef?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Awoo88: 7:03am On Jan 05, 2020
Mumu people. Mark too expensive for people for an unstable product, the people will find a way to circumvent the bill system
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by slowice(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2020
But at least they should make pre paid meters available to all customers before effecting this yeye increment
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Bellotelli: 7:09am On Jan 05, 2020
This country is a total scam. Why not give every house a meter nd improve on the power supply before all the none sense increment. Now people will be charged for Wat they don't consume
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by sylve11: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2020
emeijeh:
Me, when I see BEDC officials in my area after March 2020

[img]https://boygeniusreport.files./2019/04/ezgif-5-71726c762bc3.gif?w=744[/img]

grin grin cool
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by sylve11: 7:21am On Jan 05, 2020
bejick:
Where is that dead meat seller and his or her cohort. You won't see those idiotv came here to shout we love you bubu. My own is that na the same market all of us dey buy things. If heaven falls na on top all man head.

that guy go avoid the thread like ebola. cool
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Chiachifranklin: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2020
Omooba77:

Hmmm, this people just wan cripple us, we will not take it. Increament will be effective if we all have prepaid meters, anything short..Mbaaaa
Even when we have prepaid meters they will adjust the RATE, thereby N500 subscription which is currently 15kwh=15units will then be 7kwh=7units

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect / Shehu Shagari's Family At The State House (Throwback Photo) / Buratai Commissions Army War College Nigeria Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.