Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April (27385 Views)

Cow Ban In South East From April Irreversible - IPOB / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Franchise21(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2020
okorotalkative:

Done that since May 2019, still no call to pay for the damn meter. They still telling me to wait.
Then there must be a mistake somewhere... Normally, it takes an average of 3months... Where's ur location in Lagos? Under which Business Unit are you?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by otokx(m): 7:57am On Jan 05, 2020
How much more are we really going to pay? Where are the figures
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by englishmart(m): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2020
Franchise21:
Then there must be a mistake somewhere... Normally, it takes an average of 3months... Where's ur location in Lagos? Under which Business Unit are you?
My man, longest time.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by gonkin(m): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2020
As small as my inverter is, it gives me 10 to 15hrs light especially when I need it, who nepa help. They go just give 2hrs day, 3 hrs night and come collect bill of 2500 later. I dont need their light they should come an take away all their wires. Infact I really dont understand this country's power situation. I even work at a power generation company and yet I don't have power at home. Who dey near River no suppose dey find water take wash soap commot from eye
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Franchise21(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
My man, longest time.
Hey... See this nigga...
Where u dey all these time?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by zeestone99(m): 8:40am On Jan 05, 2020
My people just contact me for solar power.

Call - 08117398294
Chat - /2348117398294
Email - info@mazinegroup.com
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by zeestone99(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2020
gonkin:
As small as my inverter is, it gives me 10 to 15hrs light especially when I need it, who nepa help. They go just give 2hrs day, 3 hrs night and come collect bill of 2500 later. I dont need their light they should come an take away all their wires. Infact I really dont understand this country's power situation. I even work at a power generation company and yet I don't have power at home. Who dey near River no suppose dey find water take wash soap commot from eye

Just find solar panel add ontop that inverter broda.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Truthbites: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2020
Can't Trump take out this lifeless dullard out? So incompetent!! Am very angry right now. Very very. Nigerians are suffering and they keep adding to our stress
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by OgbeniOja1: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2020
At times like this I wonder if would alsO get increased bills. Hope he shaaa got the scam of a minimum wage ooo. Cos my own increment would probably end up in the hands of NEPA from the look of things. Sai baba, sai buhari. And by the way the increment was 4k. So much to 30 k minimum wage

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by domchike(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2020
When they are withdrawing the ones we have
okorotalkative:
Issokay, just give us prepaid meter. Me and people wey dey live for chevron dey pay the same amount for electricity. Only difference be say dem get 24hrs.

35 to 40k every month na wetin IKEJA dey bill me be that o.

I just dey pray make dem gimme prepaid this year, na then una go know say i sabi manage electricity

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by edoairways: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2020
domchike:
Really!
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by jamace(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2020
This NERC is a toothless bulldog. DISCOs, particularly AEDC, are not providing prepaid meters to consumers.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2020
domchike:

Oh damn, this county sef. 1 step forward, 20 steps backwards
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by themanderon: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2020
increase increase and more increases with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by chiron(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by wisdomkid: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2020
Omooba77:

Hmmm, this people just wan cripple us, we will not take it. Increament will be effective if we all have prepaid meters, anything short..Mbaaaa

Wise words Omooba, wise words.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Rebuke: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2020
All we do in this country is the citizens always paying more and more and more.....while the government keeps giving us less and less and close to even offering nothing at all.

And as usual, we will swallow it even if it's choking us....mumu citizens...
Shame on this government, big shame.

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by EzeNdiAra: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
We don't need light

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by johnsonubechu: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
everything in this administration keep increasing God, save your children
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Fuckgovt: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
loswhite:
Is electricity a revenue generation for Government? Do you know the cost of generating electricity ? Do you think that it is ok to invest in electricity and then make losses? Have you ask your self why banks don't like to borrow money to Discos? Please get reliable information before posting. ..
We want stable electricity but will not hesitate to bypass so that we can use 100 naira in 1 year...lol. The problem of this country is not just government
yes it a revenue generation for govt. Let them do their work well. If they ensure they provide sufficient light, and ensure they monitor users. Only industrial usage is enough for generate large revenue for the govt. But since no like the companies run on diesel.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
And estimated billing system is there also. what a country?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by gonkin(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
zeestone99:

Just find solar panel add ontop that inverter broda.

Yes ooo, getting that with a charge controller in a few weeks bro. Handles refrigerator ND microwave oven, oppressing my neighbours. They power on Genset at 6/7pm and power down 9/10/11pm. I run mine anytime I like till when ever I choose to turn it off or till stupid nepa decides to grace us with short hours of power. Heard monocrystaline cells are better
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Richiepeecox(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
DesChyko:
From #4 per unit in 2009. In 10 years, it increased by 600% to its current tariff.

One of the meters in my compound developed a fault. Had to report to the District Office and they told me to write to their office telling them to replace the meter and in the meantime, they should come and connect me and be giving me bills. The way I laughed ehn. I told him point blank that I'm not interested in the billing. Whenever the meter is ready, it should be given to me. People living around me easily get #6,000 per flat as billing. Meanwhile I've never used beyond #2,000 in any month. I contacted EKEDP and they asked me to fill a form online applying for the meter. I inquired about payment and was told that it will be paid for in due time.
You won't believe someone called from the District office asking me to come down to the office and pay for the same meter.
God will not punish anybody this year o.
Please, how much did the person say you should pay for the meter?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by DesChyko: 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Richiepeecox:
Please, how much did the person say you should pay for the meter?

30,000 o. The one paid for in 2009 cost 23,500 though.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Richiepeecox(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please, to those that have applied for the prepaid meter, how much were you asked to pay? Thanks.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by murmee: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
slowice:
But at least they should make pre paid meters available to all customers before effecting this yeye increment
NERC will never support that. The returns they get from DISCOs is sooo lucrative. NERC can never be on the side of electricity consumers!
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by englishmart(m): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Franchise21:
Hey... See this nigga...
Where u dey all these time?
I dey na. How have you been?

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Legendguru: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
PAy for what they don’t use
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Franchise21(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
I dey na. How have you been?
Been OK. We dey hustle. How ur side?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by persius555(m): 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
The tarriff keeps going up without a corresponding increase in power generation. This is an all time scam to squeeze as much from the citizenery without investing a dime in generating capacity.
They should tell us how much they have invested in expansion if any.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by englishmart(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Franchise21:
Been OK. We dey hustle. How ur side?
Everywhere good. Still in Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu And Akande Sold The South West - George / Protest In Benin As “Pure Water” Sells For N20 / Bakare To Buhari: We Can Shut This Govt Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.