Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,559 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? (31088 Views)

Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) / 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by erifeoluwasimi(f): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
That is why I advised that you get reliable real estate agents. Pay them to do homework for you on the house history
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Dshocker(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Here in Africa the house you rented can make or mar you.
I remember years back in Agric estate Ojo Lagos, I rented a two bedroom apartment from one Isoko landlord. My experiences there are as follows:

Any soup or stew I cook must turn to water the following day.

Sometimes more than 1000 cockroaches will invade my apartment and within a twinkle of an eye they will disappear.

Strange movements in the ceiling especially at night.
Things became so hard that I can't even pay rent anymore.

I finally moved out through the help of friends to one room.

can you please,stop lying... Thank you
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by J21propertyreal(m): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
I believe things like this happens, we are in Africa , a situation whereby the landlord built the said house with blood money what do you expect ? Of course the lives of the inhabitants of the said house will be use as constant price to keep up his wealth.
But nowadays you don't need to die as tenant or use your as sacrifice to keep the river if your landlord wealth flowing.
There are units of terrace in some secured estate in Lekki with 10,5 and 2 years payment plan you can key into and you will ride yourself of all these bloody demons landlords in Lagos.

We have direct mandates to some units of 4 bedroom terrace in estate like Lekky County, Oral estate in 2nd toll gate, Bera estate in chevron etc that you can buy with payment plans.

We also have Distress sales of landed property in notable estate in lekki, 400sqm for as low as 24M in Chevron Drive, Megamound
Contact us @j21propertyreality (Instagram). @j21reality (Twitter)
07087392167, 08100140188
XaintJoel20:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders.

Often than not, I have heard people say, "That house did not favour me. I almost sold all the property I came into that house with. In fact, I think there are forces working against development and progress in that house".

Some people also have different stories to share about their rented apartment. Some believe that in contrast to the opinion of the former, that the apartments they rented has in one way or the other contributed to their success, progress, and financial uplifting.

I have heard people also say, "when I packed into this house, I came with just one mattress and two pots, but today, I have been able to buy a car, married my wife, send my children to choice schools, and got multiple promotions at my place of work", while those in business will say they now have multiple shops.

The big question is this:

Can the apartment one rents contribute to his financial prosperity, uplifting and greatness and can a rented apartment also contribute to the downfall of one that was previously "doing well"?

While some think it's just superstitious hype, others think otherwise.

What's your take on this?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
eclectic90:
you telling someone to shut up, should first shut up. People should be allowed their opinion. People have experienced things and you have no right to tell them what they think is wrong if you don't have any solution to it. If you say they are unlucky, where they unlucky before they got the money to rent the apartment that coincidentally after moving in there the "unlucky " means they were using to manage their lives started to fall apart? You hear about how people give other people love portion, you hear and see people that do money rituals, you hear about how people use witchcraft to kill others, you see and hear people talk about evil things men do to man and you think it is impossible that a landlord can do some of the things talked about? Please park one side! Things happen, people do alot of things that to you sounds unfathomable and unreasonable and people have strange experiences that may seem unbelievable, you don't have to diminish their experiences or believes because it hasn't happened to you.

Tbh i didn't bother reading that hogwash

The moment you rose to defend belief in witchcraft and goblins and pixies tells me all i need to know about you.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by eclectic90: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ikennablue:
and they will make you start imagining things, bringing negative energy around you.

One thing I know is that you are what you believe. We have to be careful with our thoughts and imagination because the power of these two cannot be over emphasized
I remember when I and my brother rented a flat. One day my brother came back and told me he ran into the father of one of his students when he used to be a teacher. After conversations and he told the man he just rented a place around, and the man asked him to take him there. The man is a youruba man and also a landlord in that community. So the man told him that well, that he does not know the "SPIRITUAL" background of the compound, but he knows the landlord and they are good people so we should be OK. But if he experiences anything strange, he should let him know. We have lived there for close to a year, so far so good. I believe there's good and evil in this life, good and bad people too. Sometimes you just have to be informed not to put yourself into trouble. Before we rented that house, I asked questions, I was told the first tenant built his own house and packed out, the second tenant lost her husband and couldn't meet up with the rent of which the owner of the house gave her over one year of free rent before she looked for a smaller apartment. So everything was OK.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by BigIyanga: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Here in Africa the house you rented can make or mar you.
I remember years back in Agric estate Ojo Lagos, I rented a two bedroom apartment from one Isoko landlord. My experiences there are as follows:

Any soup or stew I cook must turn to water the following day.

Sometimes more than 1000 cockroaches will invade my apartment and within a twinkle of an eye they will disappear.

Strange movements in the ceiling especially at night.
Things became so hard that I can't even pay rent anymore.

I finally moved out through the help of friends to one room.
You rented a filthy apartment period. Naija is a superstition-indulging country. How comf those that live in churches and mosques are not as rich as Dangote and Wizkid?
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by eclectic90: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neoteny:

Tbh i didn't bother reading that hogwash

The moment you rose to defend belief in witchcraft and goblins and pixies tells me all i need to know about you.

Cheers.
I'm glad you could read up to that. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. Just let people believe what they believe if you don't have any evidence to show that what they believe isn't real. You have your reasons and they do have their reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
I've manned up and struggled through your word salad because I'm mostly bored, and I'd love to see how idiots think.

eclectic90:
you telling someone to shut up, should first shut up.

But if i'd shut up, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to toss this word salad.

eclectic90:

People should be allowed their opinion.

That's hypocritical, since I expressed my opinion of his opinion, and you're here using your opinion to tell me not to express my opinion of his opinion

eclectic90:

People have experienced things and you have no right to tell them what they think is wrong if you don't have any solution to it.

So if your doctor finds some incurable disease in you, he should shut the fug up? Thumbs up, brainiac.

eclectic90:

If you say they are unlucky, where they unlucky before they got the money to rent the apartment that coincidentally after moving in there the "unlucky " means they were using to manage their lives started to fall apart?

Word salad!

eclectic90:

You hear about how people give other people love portion, you hear and see people that do money rituals, you hear about how people use witchcraft to kill others,

SMH

eclectic90:

you see and hear people talk about evil things men do to man and you think it is impossible that a landlord can do some of the things talked about?

A landlord who has the power to remotely kill, cause harm, perform rituals to make money and is evil enough to do it, will not bother with rents. He'll make enough money to retire as the world's richest man. Does your brain know even how to brain properly?

eclectic90:

Please park one side!

I just did to reply you. And i still have my seat belt on.

eclectic90:

Things happen, people do alot of things that to you sounds unfathomable and unreasonable and people have strange experiences that may seem unbelievable,

Yeah, I still don't know how magnets work. How do magnets work?

eclectic90:

you don't have to diminish their experiences or believes because it hasn't happened to you.

Of course I have to. Why do atheists laugh at religious people?

Man, you do toss some mean word salad, don't you?

Idiot.
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by stealmatic(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Their are no better words than what have told you. If I talk to you directly, I will still tell you same.

Those sentences might be short but trust me, they are divine. Realise your environment and ask why. Then devote time to get the answers. You shall find yourself at the door that will lead you to where all your questions will be answered.

Am not communicating with you on this again.
��� I fear u guy
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by eclectic90: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
BigIyanga:

You rented a filthy apartment period. Naija is a superstition-indulging country. How comf those that live in churches and mosques are not as rich as Dangote and Wizkid?
that is because you do not go to churches and mosques to get rich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
How can you live in such a place and expect good things
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
eclectic90:
I'm glad you could read up to that. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. Just let people believe what they believe if you don't have any evidence to show that what they believe isn't real. You have your reasons and they do have their reasons.

I summed up the strength, and courage, to wade through and it was dense!

eclectic90:

Just let people believe what they believe if you don't have any evidence to show that what they believe isn't real

The burden of evidence is on you. When you make a claim, back it up with proof, not wild and fanciful speculations that defy all known material laws. Talking about ghosts and witchcraft and magic makes you look daft to sensible minds.

We're in desperate times, things are hard, world war 3 is potentially around the corner, and your preoccupation is wizard landlords and sentient houses? Really?!

I blame the mod who pushes this garbage to the front.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by lucky4west: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
i will tell you straight up...such houses yappa every where if i should narrate my experiences from two houses here in lagos i go close late for work...i was so fortunate and well to do in a house in fagba before it was sold and i hurriedly entered one house in abuleegba where i suffered, broke lost jobs and sold my car even money to pack out no de ...abeg later

1 Like

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by PointZerom: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Dshocker:

can you please,stop lying... Thank you

Did you pay me?

1 Like

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by eclectic90: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neoteny:
I've manned up and struggled through your word salad because I'm mostly bored, and I'd love to see how idiots think.

But if i'd shut up, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to toss this word salad.

That's hypocritical, since I expressed my opinion of his opinion, and you're here using your opinion to tell me not to express my opinion of his opinion

So if your doctor finds some incurable disease in you, he should shut the fug up? Thumbs up, brainiac.

Word salad!

SMH

A landlord who has the power to remotely kill, cause harm, perform rituals to make money and is evil enough to do it, will not bother with rents. He'll make enough money to retire as the world's richest man. Does your brain know even how to brain properly?

Idiot.
well does who can have a conversation without resolving to insults usually are people with low IQ.
Didn't say don't express your opinion or your opinions aren't valid, I said don't diminish what other people think because you don't think the same.

Smart Alec, a doctor cannot jump to conclusions because of what he thinks, there must be evidence that what he says it's real, upon further investigations, a conclusion would be reached. Even in science, not every scientists agree on the same things, some things are generally accepted while some things are not. People accept and believe what they believe based on their own understanding, investigations, believes, experiences etc.

Numbskul, I never said a landlord wants to kill, I said people use different means to kill people. People have killed their family members for money rituals even used their children and manhood as sacrifices what makes you think a landlord that is diabolical wouldn't use the good fortune of his tenants to renew his own fortune. Do you know the pact he made with whatever he serves and believes in?

Nitwit, Atheists believe what they believe, I can't impose what I believe to them. They have their reasons for their believe whom am I to tell them they are wrong.

Ode, you don't have to believe or know how magnets work. It is evident. If I tell you when you bring metal close to it it will attract it and I show you, you see it. But if I tell you that I have seen an object that if you bring metal close to it it will attract it and you say it is a lie, does it mean that magnets don't exist because you haven't seen it or because you don't believe such can happen?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
Goodgod213:

Look 3 years ago I paid for a room self con in Ibadan and after the payment 3 weeks later, one of the neighbors told me they buried the wife of the landlord there. I no even reason the matter because I don’t even go to church at all not even crossover nights. Within 4 months I bought my first car (Honda baby) in that same house, within 3 months I bought my Toyota Muscle.. Even sef no be spirit I Come day fear, I fear say make the Neighbours no set me up as I was the only one packing cars in the compound. I was only one in a Room self con and the rest Neighbours we’re living in Mini Flats and Two bedrooms.

Omo na laziness day make man think say spirit day pursue am. Do you think spirits no get better work than pursue and drag material things with human being.

It is mostly those who are Christians that succumb to such idea. And pastors won’t tell you to double your hustle. Instead they will be fueling your suspicion and cashing out on the little you have
Dude listen, the fact that you have not experienced something does not mean that it does not occur. Just pray it does not happen to you. There is more to this life than you know. I had my personal experience regarding this issue and every other person that lived before and after me in that house was bankrupted before they they left

1 Like

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Sermwell(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neddstark:

Pray not to be in a wrong house. In Lagos, i have lived in a house where i saw live ghost. As in not fuckîng joking. Things dey happen
this is pure lies oga! smh
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by eclectic90: 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neoteny:

I summed up the strength, and courage, to wade through and it was dense!

The burden of evidence is on you. When you make a claim, back it up with proof, not wild and fanciful speculations that defy all known material laws. Talking about ghosts and witchcraft and magic makes you look daft to sensible minds.

We're in desperate times, things are hard, world war 3 is potentially around the corner, and your preoccupation is wizard landlords and sentient houses? Really?!

I blame the mod who pushes this garbage to the front.

which evidence do you need? Somebody was doing well in their legit and clean business, or managing fine, gathered money and decided it is time to upgrade, paid you the money they got from their hustle, moved into your house and all of a sudden, what they were doing before they encountered you crumbles, what do you call that? Even if you you are not evil or diabolical, you must be badluck because if nothing is wrong with you and your hand is clean, as soon a tenant who is able to afford your rent encounters you, he or she should experience good returns.
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
XaintJoel20:

Thanks for being plain.
But why would a landlord want to impede the progress of his tenants?
What do they stand to gain?
It's sheer greed. They channel the tenants fortunes to them selves. Mostly done by occultic men. I had a bitter experience regarding this issue

2 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by 1Dray(m): 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neoteny:

Word salad!

SMH

Idiot.

Shut up!
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
eclectic90:
well does who can have a conversation without resolving to insults usually are people with low IQ.
Didn't say don't express your opinion or your opinions aren't valid, I said don't diminish what other people think because you don't think the same.

Smart Alec, a doctor cannot jump to conclusions because of what he thinks, there must be evidence that what he says it's real, upon further investigations, a conclusion would be reached. Even in science, not every scientists agree on the same things, some things are generally accepted while some things are not. People accept and believe what they believe based on their own understanding, investigations, believes, experiences etc.

Numbskul, I never said a landlord wants to kill, I said people use different means to kill people. People have killed their family members for money rituals even used their children and manhood as sacrifices what makes you think a landlord that is diabolical wouldn't use the good fortune of his tenants to renew his own fortune. Do you know the pact he made with whatever he serves and believes in?

Nitwit, Atheists believe what they believe, I can't impose what I believe to them. They have their reasons for their believe whom am I to tell them they are wrong.

Ode, you don't have to believe or know how magnets work. It is evident. If I tell you when you bring metal close to it it will attract it and I show you, you see it. But if I tell you that I have seen an object that if you bring metal close to it it will attract it and you say it is a lie, does it mean that magnets don't exist because you haven't seen it or because you don't believe such can happen?

More word salad

I've been brave enough to wade through your previous post, but I've lost the will to live.

Cheers mate
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
1Dray:

Shut up!

Yes sah!
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

NA NAIJA WE DEY.

THEY'LL GO ON FROM ACCUSING THEIR OLD AND WRETCHED RELATIVES IN THE VILLAGE, TO ACCUSING THEIR LANDLORDS, CO-TENANTS AND STREET PEOPLE FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SHORTCOMINGS IN LIFE. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE REPLIES IN THIS THREAD.

MIND YOU, THIS BELIEF ALONG WITH TONS OF MANY OTHER SUPERSTITIONS HAVE BEEN BURIED DEEP IN MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS MINDS, BY MOSTLY THE PEOPLE WHO RAISED THEM.

HOW CAN WE ERADICATE SUCH NONSENSICAL BELIEFS?
DESPITE THE NAMES AND RIDICULE, OUR CAMPAIGN TO ELIMINATE NONSENSE SUPERSTITIONS MUST GO ON!
I Don't know how old you're but you just spoke like a naive person. If you have ventured into strong business or got involved deeply in politics you would know what this is all about. Never mind one day your mentality will change when you see what the world really is

2 Likes

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by 1Dray(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Neoteny:

Yes sah!

Good.

1 Like

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by femmoy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
Roon9:
Lols. Madness! Please all these mumu talks ought to have ended with 2019

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

how much? @ ur second paragraph.
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Neoteny(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
eclectic90:
which evidence do you need? Somebody was doing well in their legit and clean business, or managing fine, gathered money and decided it is time to upgrade, paid you the money they got from their hustle, moved into your house and all of a sudden, what they were doing before they encountered you crumbles, what do you call that? Even if you you are not evil or diabolical, you must be badluck because if nothing is wrong with you and your hand is clean, as soon a tenant who is able to afford your rent encounters you, he or she should experience good returns.

I really don't have the energy.....
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
I Don't know how old you're but you just spoke like a naive person. If you have ventured into strong business or got involved deeply in politics you would know what this is all about. Never mind one day your mentality will change when you see what the world really is

I'M 15 AND I'M NOT INSANE TO BELIEVE IN MAGIC, LIKE YOU. smiley
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Roon9(m): 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
femmoy:

how much? @ ur second paragraph.

Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by Cornerstone001: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Kylekent59:
lipsrsealed

Life in Nigeria is hell.

You work just to live and see the next day.

It's like we are huzzling for our landlords or landladies.

350k for just 2 bedroom. kaiii

That's even very fair a price if I may say.
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by XaintJoel20: 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
It's sheer greed. They channel the tenants fortunes to them selves. Mostly done by occultic men. I had a bitter experience regarding this issue

Would you like to share your experience with us?
I really want to reading about people's experiences.
Thanks
Re: Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? by XaintJoel20: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
xcelentattitude:

What if you're supposed to be the one to end the vicious cycle?
I pray God uses me to end such demonic and devilish acts.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BERRY COURT OMOLE PHASE 2, OJODU BERGER LAGOS! BUY NOW AND BUILD! / Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country / How Much Rent Is Too Much For Someone Who Earns 100k A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.