Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS (25851 Views)

Andre Onana Banned For 1 Year Over Failed Drug Test. Ajax To Appeal At CAS / Samson Siasia Begs Nigerians To Help Raise 250,000 Euros To Appeal FIFA Ban / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Omihanifa: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Brilla fm dey always play his advert asking for help

1 Like

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Goldencheese(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Do you have an urgent need for a business plan, feasibility studies, financial statements preparation and raising of capital for your hotel, restaurant, integrated farm, university project, real estate business, potable water, beverages production, technology business, school business, iron and steel business, microfinance bank, among many other business projects? See my signature.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by harmony101(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin grin

cRobo:
I will donate 45 million tomorrow
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by robosky02(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
Let support him

1 Like

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Jabioro: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
Poor man don suffer..when you're making your money..did you remember me..
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Cti28(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
What is wrong with all this footballers and coaches. During their playing and coaching times, they earn a lot of money, but once they retire or relieved of their job they become broke. They should learn to invest.

It pays to be honest and transparent in all things. The dividend of honesty is reaped on the long run. If this man was honest in his dealings, he wouldn't have been indicted and banned for life.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Gaddafiyusf(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
debbysure01:
How time flies...I hope he clears his name. It will be a lesson to our local coaches.

Burn that fat in 28 days. Check my signature.

It's only workout that can help you loss fat then maybe surgery. Anything else na cock and bull story
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by robosky02(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
Omihanifa:
Brilla fm dey always play his advert asking for help

That's very good

Sepp boater and platini collected bribe they only banned them for year

Siasia own was alleged to have agreed to receive BUT has not then why life ban

Racism

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by tiredoflife(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
Make una help me see this idiot
How much e share give us wen he dey make money
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Victorcwu(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
I don't know if this is the right call but how possible that he could not raise 250 thousands dollar with his pedigree as international footballer for many years and as a coach of great repute. Well, no one knows.

You must have been so used to the massive looting in Nigeria to think such amount is easy to raise. An average white man can't raise that money.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by joelbooks: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
You allegedly collect bribe and you are looking for money to defend your bribery allegations
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by staga: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
klever18:
WTF? 100million naira before you can appeal at the CAS in Geneva,Switzerland

The legal fees are very high.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Muyology: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
I hope he will be able to convince potential donors that he is innocent
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Deejaygold(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Akshow:
When u were collecting the bribe and the riba did u fund us? Gofundursef Mr man

Yes o, "don't give or take bribe" him no go gree

1 Like

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Dpharisee: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Akshow:
Why do you convict him when he was not given fair hearing or opportunity to defend himself, do they also do the same to white coaches?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by staga: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Victorcwu:
I don't know if this is the right call but how possible that he could not raise 250 thousands dollar with his pedigree as international footballer for many years and as a coach of great repute. Well, no one knows.

You must have been so used to the massive looting in Nigeria to think such amount is easy to raise. An average white man can't raise that money.

You seem to forget that he has not worked as a coach or in any capacity for some time. Furthermore, his mother was kidnapped and millions were paid for her release.

Siasia has been retired from active soccer for nearly 20 years. He is no longer earning all those big bucks per week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by therajah: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
cRobo:
I will donate 45 million tomorrow
Even 45milion kobo, u cant donate!!
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by MarianaTrench: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dpharisee:

Why do you convict him when he was not given fair hearing or opportunity to defend himself, do they also do the same to white coaches?

He is a guilty as Bleep!

Let him face his punishment and stop trying to bring sentiments into it
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by jaxxy(m): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
This cud have been prevented if he checked his email and appeared before the investigative committee to defend himself bt now he has to pay $100,000 to defend Smtn he wud have defended at no cost initially.

Siasia seems to be quite disorganized.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by olatilldend: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
As sad as the case is. He only has himself to blame. The report states that he was summoned by e-mail to defend himself before FIFA ethics committee, to which he never responded.

Did he not have access to his e-mail? I would like to believe he gave FIFA a functional e-mail.

Anyways, it's time to support our own.

Cc: Federal Government of Nigeria
NFF
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Dcaliphate(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Zico5:
$250k is N90million. It's not a small money. In Nigeria we expect anyone who has handled any national position to be obscenely rich basically because we are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by cnsprince76: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Akshow:

What made you believe he is guilty?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin grin

Oga Siasia please contact me.

check my signature now
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by WildChild00(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Zico5:

To answer you question, you know must footballers are easily carried away when the going is rosy, they forget that one day they would retire, ordinary, coach Samson Siasia is suppose not to beg for money.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by therajah: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
The person dying in hospital is still struggling to raise funds.. you, a corrupt official is also raising funds.. all the bribe u collected im the past..wheres the money?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Stillthebest: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
kiss

How can a great pitchman not have 90M to take his case at the court? One that can fetch him money as damages once(if) won.

Thought they have rich colleagues.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Emma1Oj(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2020
Someone should pls advice Siasia to invest that huge amount of money he want to use for appeal into business. Its not by force to be a coach.. What of if he loose the appeal ? That plenty money will just go like dat.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by specialmati(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
am giving 4000 dollar man wey mumu.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by wink2015(m): 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
robosky02:
Siasia Resorts to GoFundMe to Raise Money for His Appeal at CAS

Former Super Eagles forward and coach, Samson Siasia, has started a GoFundMe appeal to raise money to fund his case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in order to overturn the life ban slammed on him by world football governing body FIFA.

Siasia, who scored Nigeria’s goal in the 1-2 defeat to Argentina at the country’s first appearance at the World Cup in 1994, according to Opera news, had the appeal created for him three days ago and is aimed to raise $250,000.

“Samson Siasia was alleged “to agree to collect bribe” in relation to a football match. He was subsequently banned for life from all footballing activities, without the benefit of defending himself.

“The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has now accepted an appeal from Samson on FIFA’s ruling.

“Legal cost of defending himself is needed for him to clear his name,” observed the statement attached to the GoFundMe appeal.

Siasia, a member of Nigeria’s famed ‘Class of ’94 Eagles,’ was handed the ban by FIFA last August for allegedly agreeing to “receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.”

A statement from the FIFA Ethics Committee at the time stated: “The Ethics Committee has found Mr Siasia, a former official of the Nigeria Football Federation, guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.”

Siasia was banned “for life from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level.” In addition, a fine in the amount of CHF 50,000 (US$50,000) was imposed on Mr Siasia.

However, further probe revealed later that Siasia was banned after failing to respond to, (or appear) email requests from FIFA to appear before the Ethics Committee to present his defence.

With the decision, Siasia’s next recourse was to head for CAS, but to file an appeal required the former international to pay $100,000 excluding his legal costs.

Close associates of the former Nigeria coach revealed that Siasia has been in depression for the last few months.

Apart from the case with FIFA/CAS, his mother was kidnapped and was with the criminal gang for months before allowed to go after a ransom was paid. It was the second time the 76-year old lady was taken into custody by the kidnappers.

Siasia coached Nigeria’s Super Eagles between 2010-2011 and returned for another spell in 2016 and also served as coach of the country’s Under-20 and Under-23 sides at different times.

But the FIFA indictment did not state if it was during either of these periods that the alleged infractions was committed.

Siasia has continued to protest his innocence, saying he had no recollection of ever agreeing to manipulate any football match and has also said in previous interviews that members of the Super Eagles team he played with have not offered him the kind of support he needed.

“But I will fight to the last to clear my name because I know that I did nothing wrong.

“I only heard about all of this for the first time just like everybody else on social media and then I got a call from (NFF President) Amaju Pinnick asking me if I had seen any letter from FIFA.

“I said no and he asked me to check. That was when I checked my email. But I know that I am innocent and I am asking everybody to help me raise this money to clear my name.”

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020index.php/2020/01/06/siasia-resorts-to-gofundme-to-raise-money-for-his-appeal-at-cas-2/

Make Segun Odegbami help Siasia.

He has been talking good things about Siasia in his sports column in the Vanguard Newspaper.

The outgoing Bayelsa state governor Seriake Dickson just ignore Siasia.

He even choose not to drop a word inside Siasia matter as far back as when the mother of Siasia was kidnapped.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pogba Speaks On World Cup Finals Against Croatia / Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces $1bn Lawsuit Over Binance Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.