Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS (25852 Views)

Andre Onana Banned For 1 Year Over Failed Drug Test. Ajax To Appeal At CAS / Samson Siasia Begs Nigerians To Help Raise 250,000 Euros To Appeal FIFA Ban / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by mamatwiny(f): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
Zico5:
I don't know if this is the right call but how possible that he could not raise 250 thousands dollar with his pedigree as international footballer for many years and as a coach of great repute. Well, no one knows.
That guy has been through a lot. Remember his parents were kidnapped twice around the time all these were happening and he paid the Ransome without going public to ask for funds.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by tityboi: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
Lol
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by mamatwiny(f): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
robosky02:

That's very good

Sepp boater and platini collected bribe they only banned them for year

Siasia own was alleged to have agreed to receive BUT has not then why life ban

Racism
He was invited to come and clear his name but never appeared. He said he did not see the invitation which was sent by mail, also remember he was in trauma around that period cos of the kidnap. From the interview he granted, Fifa assumed he took a bribe just cos they saw a mail he sent to a convicted match fixer when he was looking for job. He was not in any team when he sent that mail, so which match was fixed?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by doe: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is fraud. The organiser have put name as Samson siasia of Hatfield. Does he live in the UK? Be careful people.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by mamatwiny(f): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
olatilldend:
As sad as the case is. He only has himself to blame. The report states that he was summoned by e-mail to defend himself before FIFA ethics committee, to which he never responded.

Did he not have access to his e-mail? I would like to believe he gave FIFA a functional e-mail.

Anyways, it's time to support our own.

Cc: Federal Government of Nigeria
NFF
When he did not respond, why did FIFA not inform NFF to reach him or make other attempts to reach him?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Femeto: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
SIASIA should stop this rubbish and save his name.He should look for another sport.He was stupid not to check his mail for over one month.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Torg77: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
robosky02:
Siasia Resorts to GoFundMe to Raise Money for His Appeal at CAS

Former Super Eagles forward and coach, Samson Siasia, has started a GoFundMe appeal to raise money to fund his case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in order to overturn the life ban slammed on him by world football governing body FIFA.

Siasia, who scored Nigeria’s goal in the 1-2 defeat to Argentina at the country’s first appearance at the World Cup in 1994, according to Opera news, had the appeal created for him three days ago and is aimed to raise $250,000.

“Samson Siasia was alleged “to agree to collect bribe” in relation to a football match. He was subsequently banned for life from all footballing activities, without the benefit of defending himself.

“The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has now accepted an appeal from Samson on FIFA’s ruling.

“Legal cost of defending himself is needed for him to clear his name,” observed the statement attached to the GoFundMe appeal.

Siasia, a member of Nigeria’s famed ‘Class of ’94 Eagles,’ was handed the ban by FIFA last August for allegedly agreeing to “receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.”

A statement from the FIFA Ethics Committee at the time stated: “The Ethics Committee has found Mr Siasia, a former official of the Nigeria Football Federation, guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.”

Siasia was banned “for life from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level.” In addition, a fine in the amount of CHF 50,000 (US$50,000) was imposed on Mr Siasia.

However, further probe revealed later that Siasia was banned after failing to respond to, (or appear) email requests from FIFA to appear before the Ethics Committee to present his defence.

With the decision, Siasia’s next recourse was to head for CAS, but to file an appeal required the former international to pay $100,000 excluding his legal costs.

Close associates of the former Nigeria coach revealed that Siasia has been in depression for the last few months.

Apart from the case with FIFA/CAS, his mother was kidnapped and was with the criminal gang for months before allowed to go after a ransom was paid. It was the second time the 76-year old lady was taken into custody by the kidnappers.

Siasia coached Nigeria’s Super Eagles between 2010-2011 and returned for another spell in 2016 and also served as coach of the country’s Under-20 and Under-23 sides at different times.

But the FIFA indictment did not state if it was during either of these periods that the alleged infractions was committed.

Siasia has continued to protest his innocence, saying he had no recollection of ever agreeing to manipulate any football match and has also said in previous interviews that members of the Super Eagles team he played with have not offered him the kind of support he needed.

“But I will fight to the last to clear my name because I know that I did nothing wrong.

“I only heard about all of this for the first time just like everybody else on social media and then I got a call from (NFF President) Amaju Pinnick asking me if I had seen any letter from FIFA.

“I said no and he asked me to check. That was when I checked my email. But I know that I am innocent and I am asking everybody to help me raise this money to clear my name.”

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020index.php/2020/01/06/siasia-resorts-to-gofundme-to-raise-money-for-his-appeal-at-cas-2/

This cone headed crook collected bribe and now he wanna collect money from Nigerians who struggle everyday to pay for his case. Even if the case is overturned,no decent football club or country will touch him..he's always soiled his name
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by agrowell: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
cRobo:
I will donate 45 million tomorrow

Audio Donation
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Nickymichy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
D's man came to kano some few years back in d name of recruiting young boys for his academy... He collected 2k from over 3000 boys.... We never heard anything from him again.... Now look at what is happening to him....may God help u sha....

1 Like

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Starhearts: 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Zico5:
I don't know if this is the right call but how possible that he could not raise 250 thousands dollar with his pedigree as international footballer for many years and as a coach of great repute. Well, no one knows.

Kidnappers din chop him parts of Dollars
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by SniperSmurf(m): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Akshow:
When u were collecting the bribe and the riba did u fund us? Gofundursef Mr man

Best answer for this.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by ekans2008: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oga Siasia coman take Audio 10odds nak am with 10m...Lobatan case closed
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by WarriFirstBorn(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
robosky02:
Let support him
You and who?

Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by blowjohn(m): 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Make this sia sia no make me vex o.
If u like no raise the money.
Ur one of those that messed up our football spirit in this country. Better get sense.
If ur really innocent u will even sell ur house to clear ur name.
Nonsense
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by agrowell: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
cRobo:
I will donate 45 million tomorrow

Audio Donation
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by succri(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
I cant believe this , these guys dont save for trouble days at all , what rubbish ,
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by TotoNaRubber: 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by LabDNA: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
klever18:
WTF? 100million naira before you can appeal at the CAS in Geneva,Switzerland

The whole sporting judiciary and organisations were scammers all along.
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by solajacobs(m): 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by bubu2019: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
Akshow:
When u were collecting the bribe and the riba did u fund us? Gofundursef Mr man
thats afonja for you,no human sympathy, for your mind let them hang him because he did not share the money with you when he was coaching.

he should be given the chance to defend himself if found guilty then you can open your dirty mouth
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by asahnwaKC: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Yeye corrupt coach.......
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by tomju(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
CCC2:
How many times did u fund those in need

I met a young boy in Oniru Estate Lagos that said Samson Siasia asked him to pay him 300k before he would make the U17 team he was coaching then. It's such a pity though..
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by mechanics(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
What of the money he had gathered during his playing and coaching days?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by robosky02(m): 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
mamatwiny:

He was invited to come and clear his name but never appeared. He said he did not see the invitation which was sent by mail, also remember he was in trauma around that period cos of the kidnap. From the interview he granted, Fifa assumed he took a bribe just cos they saw a mail he sent to a convicted match fixer when he was looking for job. He was not in any team when he sent that mail, so which match was fixed?

This man reserves our support

Imaging all the trauma

His mom kidnapped at the same time

At lest he should be giving a Fair hearing
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by larryUG(m): 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dpharisee:

Why do you convict him when he was not given fair hearing or opportunity to defend himself, do they also do the same to white coaches?
Bros dont say what you dont know. Siasia was sent emails by FIFA using his profile on FIFA website but he never responded to those mails. He denies seeing them. How can you as a person not check your email for months? Anyways, whay do i know?
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by Akshow: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
bubu2019:
thats afonja for you,no human sympathy, for your mind let them hang him because he did not share the money with you when he was coaching.

he should be given the chance to defend himself if found guilty then you can open your dirty mouth
Whose this fly? Buzz off my balls
Re: Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS by timesup234: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2020
Samson Siasia didn't make up to 200 million naira during his playing days na. He was never rich

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces $1bn Lawsuit Over Binance Ads / Carl Ikeme Transfers From One Room To Another On Transfer Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.