Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Silent Treatment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment (2545 Views)

Silent Treatment From Wife. / My Boyfriend Of 7 Years Has Been Giving Me Silent treatment, will he Leave Me? / Help!! A Guy I Like Is Giving Me The Silent Treatment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 4:50am On Jan 07, 2020
Hi nlanders, please i need your advice.What does it really mean when a guy starts giving his girlfriend silent treatment! Its 7 days now.He doesn't return the calls,chats n messages! He reads d chats but won't say anything!
This silent treatment has been his weapon whenever he is angry with me,and it takes like 3 to 4 days to respond to my chats but hasn't gone this long before! I'm worried and ve asked him if I should move on but he never responded. BTW, my offense was that he didn't return my calls, I complained and he completely stopped picking my calls! So please guys, wat do you think? I made a vow never to cheat on him and I ve asked him if I should move on with my life but he has refused to respond. I'm hurting so bad now cry Hi nlanders, please i need your advice.What does it really mean when a guy starts giving his girlfriend silent treatment! Its 7 days now.He doesn't return the calls,chats n messages! He reads d chats but won't say anything!
This silent treatment has been his weapon whenever he is angry with me,and it takes like 3 to 4 days to respond to my chats but hasn't gone this long before! I'm worried and ve asked him if I should move on but he never responded. BTW, my offense was that he didn't return my calls, I complained and he completely stopped picking my calls! So please guys, wat do you think? I made a vow never to cheat on him and I ve asked him if I should move on with my life but he has refused to respond. I'm hurting so bad now
Re: Silent Treatment by Riele(f): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2020
I would be rejoicing if I were you .

At least he has shown his true nature over a minor misunderstanding .

This behavior is something you won't tolerate if Marriage is mentioned in that relationship .

Ghost him too and this time forever!

My advice :- Drink water and rejoice , for now you know the Lord is on your side

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by StPete: 5:02am On Jan 07, 2020
The guy has had enough of you so he’s silently pushing you off. I guess his target was to have sex with you and now that he’s achieved that, you’re no longer interesting to him. Move on, give him same silent treatment and find someone else

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment by Prec1ous(m): 5:03am On Jan 07, 2020
Like you said it is his power and he knows it gets you everytime. But you know, for someone you love, not talking 3 days straight is not really a good sign or the right thing to do.

Here are your plays...

1.How about you switch it on him,stop every form of communication and reject his overtures when he get over himself. The bad side here is your relationship may not survive this though.

2. Keep trying to reach him and when he comes around. Let him know this is the last time he should do this. The last time I checked, women do silent treatment more, he should be more vocal about his feelings.

Now know these...

Your guy seem to be very petty,immature and does not think you are important enough too. Is this something you really want to put up with?

6 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment by donbachi(m): 5:17am On Jan 07, 2020
Him don chop belleful.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by akudinaobi(m): 5:22am On Jan 07, 2020
Act as if you don't care if he exist anymore
Post sexy post on your timeline ,if he is on your friend list , don't tag him oh
Go out for an outing with your girlfriends exclusively
Take sexy pictures
Upload them on social media
Lastly
Create your own happiness
Because
Anxiety and depression kills more than a deadly virus

Hey
Do I tell you that he is cheating on you
Yeah
The dude is cheating

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 5:44am On Jan 07, 2020
StPete:
The guy has had enough of you so he’s silently pushing you off. I guess his target was to have sex with you and now that he’s achieved that, you’re no longer interesting to him. Move on, give him same silent treatment and find someone else
We are yet to have sex! He doesn't stay in Nigeria, he just came back last two months! Although we have known each other for a very long time but we started dating ending of 2018! We have seen only twice since he came back.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 5:56am On Jan 07, 2020
Prec1ous:
Like you said it is his power and he knows it gets you everytime. But you know, for someone you love, not talking 3 days straight is not really a good sign or the right thing to do.

Here are your plays...

1.How about you switch it on him,stop every form of communication and reject his overtures when he get over himself. The bad side here is your relationship may not survive this though.

2. Keep trying to reach him and when he comes around. Let him know this is the last time he should do this. The last time I checked, women do silent treatment more, he should be more vocal about his feelings.

Now know these...

Your guy seem to be very petty,immature and does not think you are important enough too. Is this something you really want to put up with?
you re right,he knows that very well! I ve asked him several times if he feels he's tired, he should let me and I never disturb or hold anything against him instead of this silent treatment but he hasn't responded! I just don't want a situation where wen I move ,he ll come back and accuse me of cheating! I will keep trying to speak wit him and if at the end of this month of January he's still d same! I will take a walk too.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 6:04am On Jan 07, 2020
akudinaobi:
Act as if you don't care if he exist anymore
Post sexy post on your timeline ,if he is on your friend list , don't tag him oh
Go out for an outing with your girlfriends exclusively
Take sexy pictures
Upload them on social media
Lastly
Create your own happiness
Because
Anxiety and depression kills more than a deadly virus

Hey
Do I tell you that he is cheating on you
Yeah
The dude is cheating
I'm really depressed already! if he's tired, he should just open up, tell me and I will take a walk too! why is this so hard for him to do.
Re: Silent Treatment by babyfaceafrica: 6:57am On Jan 07, 2020
chimimi:
Hi nlanders, please i need your advice.What does it really mean when a guy starts giving his girlfriend silent treatment! Its 7 days now.He doesn't return the calls,chats n messages! He reads d chats but won't say anything!
This silent treatment has been his weapon whenever he is angry with me,and it takes like 3 to 4 days to respond to my chats but hasn't gone this long before! I'm worried and ve asked him if I should move on but he never responded. BTW, my offense was that he didn't return my calls, I complained and he completely stopped picking my calls! So please guys, wat do you think? I made a vow never to cheat on him and I ve asked him if I should move on with my life but he has refused to respond. I'm hurting so bad now cry Hi nlanders, please i need your advice.What does it really mean when a guy starts giving his girlfriend silent treatment! Its 7 days now.He doesn't return the calls,chats n messages! He reads d chats but won't say anything!
This silent treatment has been his weapon whenever he is angry with me,and it takes like 3 to 4 days to respond to my chats but hasn't gone this long before! I'm worried and ve asked him if I should move on but he never responded. BTW, my offense was that he didn't return my calls, I complained and he completely stopped picking my calls! So please guys, wat do you think? I made a vow never to cheat on him and I ve asked him if I should move on with my life but he has refused to respond. I'm hurting so bad now

Your story doesn't add up, you said your crime was that you complained that he didn't return your calls?.. How is that an issue?. There is something you are not telling us...until we hear all the story, face ur problem!

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by Prec1ous(m): 7:01am On Jan 07, 2020
chimimi:
you re right,he knows that very well! I ve asked him several times if he feels he's tired, he should let me and I never disturb or hold anything against him instead of this silent treatment but he hasn't responded! I just don't want a situation where wen I move ,he ll come back and accuse me of cheating! I will keep trying to speak wit him and if at the end of this month of January he's still d same! I will take a walk too.

Actually, he is tired but not 9f your entirely. He is fighting some logically and emotional battle.

It could be one of the following.

1. Wondering if you are the best or if he can do better.
2. He thinks he is way above your standard.
3. One new girl is worrying his head
4. You are simply annoying and difficult to handle.

Don't wait, go to his house or call with a different number or send him text. If you blank him like this, he will still come begging.

I don't think he is really serious about you though. My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2020
One thing you are not doing right is not understanding him. What I observed lately is that there is no perfect being but understanding makes one perfect.

Try to understand when he is in mood to talk or discuss.
Understand when he's moody.
Re: Silent Treatment by zed7: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2020
The guy is tired, maybe you nag or are clingy. It's safe to say that at this stage, you're dating yourself.

However, you should know whom you are dating by now, he may like to keep to himself or he is fighting some personal battles and he needs space, either you cope with him like that or you walk.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by akudinaobi(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
How did you fell in this deep love
You can't come and kill yourself for a man who don't value you
OK through out today did he call
chimimi:
I'm really depressed already! if he's tired, he should just open up, tell me and I will take a walk too! why is this so hard for him to do.
Re: Silent Treatment by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
chimimi:

Its a gud sign you are worried, i guess some gurls stil dey love, to the issue on ground you must understand that every human as his/her are way of hurting or anger management.
I give silent treatment alot not becos i want to buh that is jus me naturally, sometimes i giv silent treatment when am in a bad mood n i don't wana transfer aggression, or mostly maybe becos i am angry with her ... i fear my utterances & actions hence d silence n if we are in d same house n i cannt avoid her, i jus leave d house to cool off .. during this period jus let me ... i wil cum back disturbance wil only extend d days.
bottomline we all av various ways of reacting & handling issues, i hope my audiobiography helps decipher ur man to an extent. the rest is left to you.
Re: Silent Treatment by DBestDoc(f): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sometimes, action speaks louder than words. Get yourself some self respect and take it as an 'IMPLIED' break up and move the hel.l on.

This is outright disrespect and you call it silent treatment. 7 days long 'silent treatment' for absolutely no reason.

Stop reaching out to him and move on, You're not a toddler. It's still early in the year for this sort of rubbish. Go find yourself another man who is closer to you and also ready to be in decent relationship with you.

This your bobo is clearly done with you. Quit waiting for him to spell it out. Sooner or later, you'll realize you should have taken a walk earlier.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment by chigoizie7(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
chimimi:

Only 7 days? Truth is the offense doesn’t warrant being angry, unless there is more to it.

If he behaves like this, because of that small thing , then he doesn’t deserve you. Unless he gave you a good reason.

For example, if I tell you that I will be having a very busy day or that I will be doing something which might make me not to have access or time to handle my phone, and then you complain to me about not picking my calls, I will be really mad at you.

Btw, that your guy no sabi silent treatment, because I will not take your calls, I will give you money, I will Bleep you if you want, I will eat your food, but I will never talk to you or play with you.
Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2020
ericsmith:

Its a gud sign you are worried, i guess some gurls stil dey love, to the issue on ground you must understand that every human as his/her are way of hurting or anger management.
I give silent treatment alot not becos i want to buh that is jus me naturally, sometimes i giv silent treatment when am in a bad mood n i don't wana transfer aggression, or mostly maybe becos i am angry with her ... i fear my utterances & actions hence d silence n if we are in d same house n i cannt avoid her, i jus leave d house to cool off .. during this period jus let me ... i wil cum back disturbance wil only extend d days.
bottomline we all av various ways of reacting & handling issues, i hope my audiobiography helps decipher ur man to an extent. the rest is left to you.
. Thanks! I can say both of you are on d same boat! I'm jst worried he's taking too long to get over it! I ve stopped calling though.
Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 12:53am On Jan 08, 2020
chigoizie7:

Only 7 days? Truth is the offense doesn’t warrant being angry, unless there is more to it.

If he behaves like this, because of that small thing , then he doesn’t deserve you. Unless he gave you a good reason.

For example, if I tell you that I will be having a very busy day or that I will be doing something which might make me not to have access or time to handle my phone, and then you complain to me about not picking my calls, I will be really mad at you.

Btw, that your guy no sabi silent treatment, because I will not take your calls, I will give you money, I will Bleep you if you want, I will eat your food, but I will never talk to you or play with you.
.. You harsh oh,.Well,What you wrote up there was actually what happened, I was wrong and I ve been apologising since then
Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 12:55am On Jan 08, 2020
DBestDoc:
Sometimes, action speaks louder than words. Get yourself some self respect and take it as an 'IMPLIED' break up and move the hel.l on.

This is outright disrespect and you call it silent treatment. 7 days long 'silent treatment' for absolutely no reason.

Stop reaching out to him and move on, You're not a toddler. It's still early in the year for this sort of rubbish. Go find yourself another man who is closer to you and also ready to be in decent relationship with you.

This your bobo is clearly done with you. Quit waiting for him to spell it out. Sooner or later, you'll realize you should have taken a walk earlier.
Okay, thanks
Re: Silent Treatment by kiddkash(m): 12:57am On Jan 08, 2020
chimimi:
maybe he is feeling pressure from his family so he is ghosting you
Re: Silent Treatment by chimimi(f): 12:58am On Jan 08, 2020
akudinaobi:
How did you fell in this deep love
You can't come and kill yourself for a man who don't value you
OK through out today did he call
..I'm still asking myself same question oh and No calls yet
Re: Silent Treatment by chigoizie7(m): 1:04am On Jan 08, 2020
chimimi:
.. You harsh oh,.Well,What you wrote up there was actually what happened, I was wrong and I ve been apologising since then

Give him time, he will come back,

Right now he is only seeing an inconsiderate girlfriend.

Truth me, no one wants to put up with people who are inconsiderate.
Re: Silent Treatment by drezzyx(m): 1:15am On Jan 08, 2020
This one is tough ooo!
Give him time . Unless he is seeing someone else then you can move on
Re: Silent Treatment by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 08, 2020
chimimi:
. Thanks! I can say both of you are on d same boat! I'm jst worried he's taking too long to get over it! I ve stopped calling though.

lol ! now don't feel like its a bad thing to fall in luv with US. silent treatment stil beta than violent even tho most gurls think otherwise.
Re: Silent Treatment by maximusprime2000: 8:32am On Jan 08, 2020
chimimi:
We are yet to have sex! He doesn't stay in Nigeria, he just came back last two months! Although we have known each other for a very long time but we started dating ending of 2018! We have seen only twice since he came back.
Are u for real? Girls doesnt falls deeply in love wit smeone they ve neva had sex with in my own opinion. I come u r deeply in love when you only see twice in a year+. His love is totally fake and his silence is a game of coming back in the future provided he ran out of options with other ladies which may not happen. Trust me have thread on this part before. If u dont move on now, u will move on later. Pls i come u r dis worried wen u r yet to commit urself?
Re: Silent Treatment by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2020
maximusprime2000:

Are u for real? Girls doesnt falls deeply in love wit smeone they ve neva had sex with in my own opinion. I come u r deeply in love when you only see twice in a year+. His love is totally fake and his silence is a game of coming back in the future provided he ran out of options with other ladies which may not happen. Trust me have thread on this part before. If u dont move on now, u will move on later. Pls i come u r dis worried wen u r yet to commit urself?

That your first line is not true.
Re: Silent Treatment by maximusprime2000: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2020
stinflame:

That your first line is not true.

My opinion i said
Re: Silent Treatment by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2020
chigoizie7:

N who are you to decide offences or actions that should warrant anger, if you had considered the fact that humans are complex then you would av understood why we react differently to same actions around us. just don't 4get there are people would react to small things buh won't flinch @ so called big tinz. Before deciding who deserves d other or not, how well dd you know d lady.
what you gave as an instance to warrant ur anger won't even warrant a frown not to talk madness frm other guy, humans react differently, instead looking 4 whose reaction is beta or right jus understand people's character & tolerance level for who they are i.e wen u knw wat i don't like don't simply do it or you can simply unfriend me buh don't judge me.
i can't even understand ur last paragraph, was that necessary ...just apply n show OP yu can do it beta grin some guys sha
Re: Silent Treatment by chigoizie7(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2020
ericsmith:

N who are you to decide offences or actions that should warrant anger, if you had considered the fact that humans are complex then you would av understood why we react differently to same actions around us. just don't 4get there are people would react to small things buh won't flinch @ so called big tinz. Before deciding who deserves d other or not, how well dd you know d lady.
what you gave as an instance to warrant ur anger won't even warrant a frown not to talk madness frm other guy, humans react differently, instead looking 4 whose reaction is beta or right jus understand people's character & tolerance level for who they are i.e wen u knw wat i don't like don't simply do it or you can simply unfriend me buh don't judge me.
i can't even understand ur last paragraph, was that necessary ...just apply n show OP yu can do it beta grin some guys sha

Why single out only the bolded? That wasn’t the only thing on that line.

So it is normal that you call your girlfriend, she didn’t pick and when you ask her why or what happened, she gets angry. Does that warrant being angry? That was why I said, unless there is something she is not telling us.

Do I need to explain anything to you?
Re: Silent Treatment by MrCork: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2020
chimimi:

are u lightskin? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Felt Like Committing Suicide Before? How Did You Overcome? / How Do Men Go On A Date Without Having A Car: Queen Sylvanus / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.