Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? (4049 Views)

Who Is Responsible For Naming The Child, Father Or Mother? / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by badesco(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2010
The coming of a child into this world involved both man and woman. Now out of the two. which one can claim ownership of the child, father or mother? Personally i think the man is owner. How about you? Kindly express views here.
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by plappville(f): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
badesco:

which one can claim ownership of the child, father or mother? Personally i think the man is owner. How about you? Kindly express views here.

I CAN see u are just a joker! What thé hall do mean who owns thé child? Both parent own thé child
not one.
But what made u felt is thé Man That owns thé child? Some questions CAN really sound Stup"" shall.

Bi informed that each parent contributes Half of a baby's genetic make up.

The mother is genetically an XX, so she is able 2 contribute an X to the future baby.

The father of the baby is XY, so hé Can contribute X or Y to D future baby.

Havé u asked urself if a Man can ve a baby without having sexual intercourse with a woman? This question is valid for thé opposite sex.
If ur reply is no, then take it that hé/she cannot own thé child alone.
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by MaiSuya(m): 10:59am On Dec 04, 2010
Havé u asked urself if a Man can ve a baby without having sexual intercourse with a woman? This question is valid for thé opposite gender.

I suppose you've never heard of IVF (in-vitro fertilization)--it's a wonder what you can achieve with science these days.

@topic,
it has always been a contentious issue esp for divorce cases. truth is, there are no easy answers
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2010
badesco:

The coming of a child into this world involved both man and woman. Now out of the two. which one can claim ownership of the child, father or mother? Personally i think the man is owner. How about you? Kindly express views here.
No one owns the child. The child is given to both the man and woman by God.
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by meyri: 6:23am On Dec 05, 2010
Depends. If a good child, it the father's child. If it a bad child, it the mother's child.
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by plappville(f): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2010
Mai Suya:

I suppose you've never heard of IVF (in-vitro fertilization)--it's a wonder what you can achieve with science these days.

IVF involves stimulating multiple follicles and eggs to develop in the ovaries, then taking eggs out of the woman, fertilizing them in the laboratory with her partner's spermatozoa and transferring embryos back to her uterus.
Can u see that thé words canciled is referring to two ppl?

Back to My previews post, a Man/woman alone cannot form a baby.
It takes two, be it natural or IVF.

This is not new, it has been existing since 1978 in England I know some fellow that used it.
Re: Who Owns The Child, Father Or Mother? by plappville(f): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2010
rokiatu:

No one owns the child. The child is given to both the man and woman by God.

I weak for this kind question oo, Man. Bring wetin hé get, woman bring wetin she get, them join am together, to form a baby, how then poster dey think say, one fit take ownership while thé other Will be left with nothing! It is not done.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Mother Know If Her Daughter Is Still A Virgin?? / Wife Cheated, But I Must Not Escalate It / Amazon Project: How women could be financially secured.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.