Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? (479 Views)

Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
The O te ge movement of 2019 in Kwara state, succeeded in dislodging the Sarakis from power after decades of their strangle hold on the politics of the state which dates back to the days of Oloye Olusola Saraki, the former senate president of the federal republic and father to the immediate past president of the Senate, Bukola Saraki.

After the announcement of Mr Abdulrazaq by INEC as the winner of the governorship elections in the state, the Kwara Must Change movement and indeed most Kwarans celebrated what they saw as freedom at last. Maybe indeed it was. Only Kwarans knew where the shoe pinched them.

After his swearing-in, Gov. Abdulrazaq has made a few steps in the right direction including appointing a 26 year old female as commissioner. That's not forgetting some people oriented policies he is touted to have initiated.

But one thing Mr Abdulrazaq forgot was that he merely defeated a demon, he did not kill it. This demon recursed to it's cave waiting on an opportunity to strike.

That's exactly what happened with the demolition of "Ile Arugbo", a property belonging to the former powerful man of the state and occupies an emotional status of being an old people's home. Abdulrazaq, by that singular action handed the Sarakis and their loyalists the emotional chance they were looking for to launch their missiles of propaganda.

Now, the Sarakis are uniting. Yes, Bukola and Gbemi may have seemed as irreconcilable enemies but destruction of their father's sweat, whether rightly or wrongly acquired, has given them unity of purpose and Razaq is now their common enemy.

MY JUDGEMENT

The Kwara state govt may have given litany of reasons to why they demolished the property especially in the wee hours of the day, but whether these reasons are authentic or spurious, it's my thinking that it does not justify the action.

For anything, that was vindictive, petty and an outright political miscalculation.

The said property houses some aged people who are not interested in your grammar or the legality of your action, all they see now is that you have denied them a home.

Sympathizers of the Sarakis and some indifferent people would be forced to switch their allegiance from the governor.

And before you argue that if Mr Razaq performs well, Kwarans will not mind, take cognizance of what happened in Oyo state. No commentator has said that Ajimobi did not work in Oyo. Even opposition never said he did not work. His only sin was arrogance. Calling himself a "constituted authority". That singular phrase undid Ajimobi politically in Oyo. Who said that would not happen in Kwara again.

Well, this is but my judgement of the issue which maybe flawed. And that's why I wanna ask some politically aware people here if they would do the same if they had the power.

Remember that it won't be long before these people in power fizzle away and we will take the rein.

If that the day comes, would you go against your opponent to the extent of demolishing his ancestral property?

AWOL wrote it.
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Enwhen(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
I WILL WHEN I HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH ANOTHER OPTION WITH THEIR NORMAL FEEDING

BUT FOR GOV A.A

ITS A WICTHHUNT
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by BuhariAdvocate: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
Shut up and give yourself brain. Which ile Arugbo. The same ile arugbo that deliberately killed 1000 people in 2012.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Commentor: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
You mean we should overlook the rule of law and allow people in power to commandeer anything they so desire for themselves?

Before being sworn into office I would have earmarked the bulldozer.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by highbee02: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
Definitely, illegally acquired state property will be reclaimed and put into proper use. Kwarans are saying NO TO DYNASTY- o to ge
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Sammy07: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Awol1 don't let them deceived you...

That house is a ritual house..

Everyone in kwara knows about it.
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Southsoul: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sammy07:

thank you that is the powerhouse and brainbox of saraki family it's a coven of sort there are More to it it was saraki sister the minister who expose the secret

1 Like

Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by yinchar(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
It is not a residential house or building, it’s just a shed for political gatherings.

Don’t be confused by the interpretation of the name to be Old Peoples House
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Sammy07: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Southsoul:
thank you that is the powerhouse and brainbox of saraki family it's a coven of sort there are More to it it was saraki sister the minister who expose the secret

Yes, bro.
You nailed it.
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sammy07:

So, are Kwarans OK with the demolition?
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by Sammy07: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Awol1:

So, are Kwarans OK with the demolition?

I know they are OK with it.
If not, we would have seen them protesting
Re: Ile Arugbo: If You Were Kwara Gov., Would You Demolish The Old People's Home? by APCNig: 8:21am On Jan 08, 2020
As a Kwara State indegene, several times in the past, I had planned to demolish all properties owned by the Sarakis through looting of the State's resources, but I never had the power. Now, a government has come to recover for us few out of the many properties the Sarakis have stolen from us. If you are not a Kwara indegene, then shut the fucck up. Let us resolve our family issues ourselves, a bastard in the family cannot lay claim to the Kingship and be stealing from the people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC should be scrapped ! / Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Continues Construction Of Roads In The State / Bayelsa Unrest: Lyon Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.