Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member (249 Views)

Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo / PDP Member Stabbed To Death In Dekina, Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Voters Block Osun PDP Member From Leaving Until She Pays As Promised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member by agwom(m): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
The government of Ebonyi State has reaffirmed that the state governor, Engr. David Umahi, is still a strong member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) not the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). This came following some insinuations in some quarters that Engr. Umahi is a member of the two parties. A

Barr. Uchenna Orji, who double as the commissioner for Information and State Orientation/Human Capital Development and Monitoring, made this clarification on Monday in Abakiliki. The Commissioner, who also described the action of the actors as mischievous and childish, added that it was a misrepresentation of the state governor’s view. He insisted that the actors were desperate to cause disaffection.

His words: “In their desperate attempt to cause disaffection against the State Government, they mischievously misrepresented the Governor as saying: ‘I am the only Governor that belongs to PDP and APC.’ “This blackmail is nothing but a cheap and childish fabrication that is irritably displeasing to the sensibilities of the ordinary man. It is a common sense that no one party member in Nigeria can belong to another political party at a time.

“The Governor never said that he belongs to APC. He is unshakably a PDP Chieftain and has been great party man, whose track records as historic State Party Chairman and currently PDP Governor and leader in Ebonyi State are known and admired by people of good will”, he said.

It was alleged that Umahi made this public at his country home in Uburu, Ohanzara local government area of the state where he received some stakeholders from Ishielu, Onicha LGAs and members of Cross River-Ebonyi Youths Peace Ambassadors during the past Christmas holiday.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/governor-umahi-im-still-a-pdp-member.html
Re: Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member by meeky007(m): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ebonyi south OHANIVO
Re: Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member by EjaikreTheViper(f): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
fukc umahi!

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member by Isobug: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
Once I saw the news then, I knew it was a misinterpretation of motive from some quarters. And our neighbors up there are already escalating it

Ndi ISO Chi egbu
Re: Governor Umahi: I’m Still A PDP Member by maynation(f): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
What to believe?

(1) (Reply)

The US Congress Will Vote Thursday On Limiting Trump’s War-making Powers / Sakpara Describes New Secretariat As Signature Project, Says Okowa Is Passionate / Gov Abdulrazaq, Others Felicitate With APC Chieftain As He Bags Traditional Titl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.