Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo (31394 Views)

Mc Oluomo, Lagos Speaker And Tinibu Tawaf In Mecca-photo / How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds / Umahi: I’m Under Pressure To Support Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by TheRareGem1(f): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2022
Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi has said he is not afraid to contest for President under the platform of the All Progressive Congress, APC, with Alhaji Bola Tinibu and the vice president Prof. Yemi Osibanjo.

Umahi who declared intention to contest for president in the forthcoming 2023 general election, revealed his preparedness to develop the country, claiming he will start from where President Muhammadu Buhari stopped.

Umahi who spoke during an interview with the Channel television on Tuesday said the southeast geopolitical zone is united and deserves to be given the opportunity to rule the nation.

The governor who notified President Muhammadu Buhari of his intention to contest for President said power comes from God.

“I believe that it is God who spoke to me to contest for President under the platform of the All Progressive Congress, APC. And I have told President Muhammadu Buhari of my intention to contest. WE must do anything possible to remove ethnicity in the country.

“You know that Mr President is a father. And he believes in given everybody equal opportunities to exercise their faith. And so, you would expect Mr. President to be a man of integrity. He told me that people who will contest for President must consult wildly.

“I’m not a mind reader and I don’t know what is in the mind of Mr President. If it pleases God, He will input me in the heart of President Muhammadu Buhari and I will become that favoured candidate. But for now, he has not told me and I cannot read his (Buhari) mind.

“The truth remains that I can’t deny that there is sentiment among our people on the lack of inclusiveness on the politics of Nigeria. The truth remains that it is not going to be by force but by dialogues, by persuasion and sitting down with the leaders of this country and making them see reasons. It is important that we don’t frighten any section of this country.

“Power belongs to God. For God to take someone from Prison and made him the President of this country, is a frightening miracle than talking of running for president against those people (Tinibu, Osibanjo) you mentioned. I’m not in Prison and I’m not afraid” he stated.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/2023-im-not-afraid-to-contest-for-president-against-tinibu-osibanjo-umahi/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by jeffizy(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2022

“I’m not a mind reader and I don’t know what is in the mind of Mr President. If it pleases God, He will input me in the heart of President Muhammadu Buhari and I will become that favoured candidate. But for now, he has not told me and I cannot read his (Buhari) mind

Seems Umahi doesn't know GMB cannot decide for the party this time around. It's his last tenure, his influence has waned. Dem no send like that again.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by TheRareGem1(f): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2022
At last we have someone from the SE but I'm surprised SE people (Igbo) or their groups and elders are mute about this. Is it not to support your own, why is it that hard ?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Shooyie: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2022
This is shaping out to be an interesting affair. Apparently, everyone is interested in getting the top job.

10 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Vickyguero17(m): 6:26am On Jan 12, 2022
He can't win that seat in Apc just there to support 25% vote from South East

14 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:31am On Jan 12, 2022
Vickyguero17:
The yorubas don't even have up to 25% vote

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Antoeni(m): 6:34am On Jan 12, 2022
You Shouldn't be , The Floor is Opened to Every Eligible Nigerian ,
Just Get the Party Ticket First

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by helinues: 6:34am On Jan 12, 2022
Indeed , Umahi is extra ordinary as an Igbo man.

At least he wants to try his luck. Not like ass licking others without even making any effort

25 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by okefranci: 6:35am On Jan 12, 2022
You have Right to your opinion but I am doubt if you could even won your local government not alone the whole south east, anyway try your best

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Antoeni(m): 6:36am On Jan 12, 2022
He is eminently qualified for the position,there is no doubt about it,however,Can he declare his intention to run against his political benefactor? That is main question that is demanding answers from people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by piggyyeasterner: 6:39am On Jan 12, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

The yorubas don't even have up to 25% vote
It is Maxi Bola Ikemba Tinubu or death

11 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by piggyyeasterner: 6:41am On Jan 12, 2022
Ibo will not vote for Umahi under APC satanic amala party
Meanwhile It is Maxi Bola Ikemba Tinubu or death

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by BigSarah(f): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Umahi 2023

Insha Allah

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by chatinent: 6:58am On Jan 12, 2022
Slow man is now shouting and doing the brags.
Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by JaroMan: 7:00am On Jan 12, 2022
Good. Bold. Reliable.
I'm for personality, not party.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by buksarki: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2022
Vickyguero17:
Even the Lagos election igbo can win Yoruba hands down if not for Alayi and thugs use to disfranchise other ethnic National during the Election.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by benuejosh: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2022
Umahi we wished it was you but yhe East are not ready for this. Sentiments and regional party is still their favorite.

7 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by SenatePresdo(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2022
Yoruba and Betrayal be like

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
Great

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by omoadeleye(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
Imagine, he will start from where Buhari stop , you no fit see draw for primary self

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by ratiken(m): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
Noise and distractions!!!

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by orohbiro(f): 8:15am On Jan 12, 2022
He no he can't dare ask what happen to funso Williams assassination o sure juu!
Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by thundafire: 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
We know them at the end more debts

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by nairavsdollars(f): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
The whole of South East votes is not up to Alimosho local government

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Victorclean1: 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
Mr vice President, you can not contest with yourself. You are a political son of Tinubu and the offspring of a viper will always bite like the viper.

Nigeria be aware ooo. Giving Osinbajo the presidency, is as good as giving Tinubu the presidency cos Tinubu will stifle and always be in Aso rock to control all like he is doing in Lagos.

It's a wrong political calculations. If care is not taken, because of Tinubu, Osinbajo will never win anything. Just as Tinubu influence destroyed Ize-Iyanmu

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Whazar(m): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
Like somebody said yesterday, the title of former presidential aspirant will also be added to his title

U no fit even win your state cos your people dem don use PDP swear for them

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by BigDolph(m): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
This one is high on mpuru miri

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by kambili999(f): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
God save us from these people who want to make this country worse
Re: Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo by Okortor: 8:17am On Jan 12, 2022
Lol

Like for Umahi, share for Jagaban, mention for osinbajo.

21 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary / How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? / Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi At APC Caucus Meeting (Caption Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.