Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) (35988 Views)

Gombe Man Donates His House To Peter Obi's Labour Party. / Katsina Man Changes His Daughter's Name From Buhariyya To Kausar / Buhari Didn’t Understand The Picture Ganduje Presented To Him, Kwankwaso (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Islie: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2020
Gombe man changes son’s name from Buhari to Rabiu Kwankwaso, says Buhari has failed as President

In what came up as a surprise to many people, a 45 years old man and father of a number of children, Salisu Matagwa of Kumbiya-kumbiya quarters in Gombe metropolis has called together family and friends to perform the religious rites, to change the name of one of his children, a 9 years old boy called Buhari to Rabiu Kwankwaso.

In order to make the change of name real and acceptable in accordance with Islamic injunction, Salisu Matagwa slaughtered a ram and organized a feast attended by his relatives, friends and neighbours to saying that the decision became necessary in order to save his son from embarrassment, humiliation and attacks by members of the public who thought that he was named after President Mohammadu Buhari.

While speaking to Tribune Online in Gombe through the phone, Salisu Matagwa said that the boy was initially named Buhari in honour of one time Speaker of the House of Reps who was disgraced out office, Salisu Buhari, lamenting that some people are mistaking it for President Muhammadu Buhari’s namesake and even nicknamed him “General Buhari” a development he said was not comfortable with him.

He expressed disaffection with the performance of the President Muhammadu Buhari, saying that on a daily basis, as President, Muhammadu Buhari is losing popularity in the area, due to what he described as “poor performance and unfavourable policies, which have inflicted hardship on the masses, thereby making some critics of the government to boo, and mock the boy whenever being called “General Buhari” by his fellow children on the road”.

A visibly angered Salisu Magwata claimed that in view of the development and in a move to save the life of his son, he decided to rename him Rabiu Kwankwaso to avoid potential attack on him by aggrieved citizens.

He expressed happiness that, “Since people don’t have good view of President Muhammdu Buhari now, I deemed it necessary to change the name of my boy from Buhari to Rabiu Kwankwaso, who is a more popular and reputable in the country, I love him and I am one of his ardent supporters”.

He explained that, ” Kwankwaso never knew me. He has not given me any money to rename my child after him. It is my discretion. So nobody should suggest that I am sponsored by Kwankwaso to change my son’s name.

“I have an occupation from which I earn a living. Therefore I am not looking for money from any politician. I only cherish Kwankwaso in view of his integrity”.

Salisu Matagwa revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari was very popular among the people of the area in the past, such that anyone who did not like him would be humiliated by his fanatical supporters, alleging that the President’s popularity has now reduced drastically.

Salisu Matagwa expressed happiness that with the decision he took, many people have commended him saying that he took the right decision which will go down in the annals of history.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/gombe-man-changes-sons-name-from-buhari-to-rabiu-kwankwaso-says-buhari-has-failed-as-president/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by ghettokid1(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2020
GOOD DECISION!
The man deserve some accolade

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by midolian(m): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2020
And Kwankwaso has performed as a retired politician grin grin grin

Wailers, we still have 3years and some months to go. How Una dey? grin

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by popsy2(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2020
Lol. 2023 is still far o. Kwankwaso is running in 2023. Don't understand the whole shenanigans.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.
Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by chichar1(f): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2020
Onakankafo:
[s][/s]
shatap
pls teach me how to cancel comments, I like the way you just cancel that Zombie comment.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2020
If you like name him Ganduje kwankwaso Lamido... none of them would be president of this country.. useless father and son

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by PointZerom: 7:55am On Jan 08, 2020
grin
Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Racoon(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2020
cheesy This is serious.And this is the same failure the SW said is the sweetest thing after Alice bread? Guess he never expected this when he was chanting sai baba then? A bad market remains a bad market hence a failure remains a failure.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Freshfish4: 9:36am On Jan 08, 2020
After you voted for him for a second term, you've now realize he's a failure. As you've changed your son's name, will it make Buhari resign? Your brain needs to be checked

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by olaolulazio(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2020
Like say e affect Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by ursullalinda(f): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2020
;Dha ;Dha ;Dha .....Aboki's can be funny atimes......they didn't know when they were shouting sai baba it will affect all man......pls lets enjoy the next level together.....if you like change name.......if you like delete name

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by kennyjam: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2020
May be his child has been failing...

A Good name is better than riches....

12 Likes

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by lilmarley: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2020
He should kuku change am to jubril nah grin

Baba quickly change the name Since Buhari is the most mentioned name in Nigeria lately and swears/lamentations follow when it's being mentioned grin

[img]https://media./images/cdb327ec053535ce6c41b1c0f8bc4a7d/tenor.gif?ctx=share[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Resurgent2016: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2020
midolian:
And Kwankwaso has performed as a retired politician grin grin grin

Wailers, we still have 3years and some months to go. How Una dey? grin

A living dog is better than a dead lion

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by one1prax(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2020
lol, Men ain't playing no more
Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Olukat(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2020
It's too late to quit Zombie grin grin grin
Your son's name is still Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by airminem(f): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2020
smiley Yeaaaaa

As a homieeeee kindaaaa lady

A Failed parent is a damnnnn failed parent

Better he changed the name to "Tinubu" instead.

grin

1 Like

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2020
grin
Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by idonhammer: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Una never see anything

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by itsme01: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2020
cool

In the north children are slaves created out of love for sex, and are treated anyhow

They use them to hawk, use them to farm, rear cattles and throw them out as almajiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by juman(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Buhari has failed Nigerians.
APC is a scam.

3 Likes

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by ofioh: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Buy affordable UK used laptops with 100% warranty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by panmunium(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2020
That name has been a failure since 80's thank God he has finally realised

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Man Changes Son’s Name From Buhari To Rabiu Kwankwaso (Pic) by BlackSeptember: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2020
The northerners have nobody they will call leaders apart from thieves and illiterates like buhari

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Daughter, Zahra Gushes Over Husband On Birthday (Photo) / Buhari Holds First Jumat Prayer Inside Aso Rock Today (photo) / Abaribe Cautions Against Lockdown Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.