Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah (26517 Views)

Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram / 22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram / Trump Meets With A Lady Who Escaped From Boko Haram In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
post=85620870:
May these evil Boko Haram never end well.

May all the evil and corrupt politicians that brought this evil and satanic Boko Haram into our nation never end well in life.
Along with everyone that supports them.
Evil and miserable end await them all.
They will never know peace all the remaining miserable years they have to live.

No be curse,
Na FACT.
[/s]
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by contigiency(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Careless and reckless statement.
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by BluntBoy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
zoedew:

Typical! How logical your last say is!

That is the truth.

Religion and tolerance don't go very well together.

No Christian would allow their child become a traditional worshipper or an atheist.

And when I say Christian, I don't mean Christians who rank high on extrinsic religious motivation.

It is the same with Islam.

However, there is a little bit more tolerance to be found with Muslims than Christians. There are many Muslims, especially in the Southwest, who have lived well with family members who are either traditional worshippers or Christians.

Minister of Works, Raji Fashola married a Christian and sometimes goes to church with her but she has never gone to mosque with him before.

Same with Bola Ahmed Tinubu whose wife (Remi Tinubu) is not just a Christian but is also a pastor.
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by Nigerianization(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

That is the truth.

Religion and tolerance don't go very well together.

No Christian would allow their child become a traditional worshipper or an atheist.

And when I say Christian, I don't mean Christians who rank high on extrinsic religious motivation.

It is the same with Islam.

However, there is a little bit more tolerance to be found with Muslims than Christians. There are many Muslims, especially in the Southwest, who have lived well with family members who are either traditional worshippers or Christians.

Minister of Works, Raji Fashola married a Christian and sometimes goes to church with her but she has never gone to mosque with him before.

Same with Bola Ahmed Tinubu whose wife (Remi Tinubu) is not just a Christian but is also a pastor.

Interfaith marriage is permissible ONLY for Muslim men..
When a Muslim man marries a Christian woman, the children are - in the eyes of Islam - Muslims.

But a Muslim woman is FORBIDDEN from marrying outside Islam

If that's your definition of religious tolerance, then it's skewed
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by BluntBoy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerianization:

Interfaith marriage is permissible ONLY for Muslim men..
When a Muslim man marries a Christian woman, the children are - in the eyes of Islam - Muslims.

But a Muslim woman is FORBIDDEN from marrying outside Islam

If that's your definition of religious tolerance, then it's skewed

Christianity is not any better.

And, as a matter of fact, I know of some Muslim women who married Christian men.
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by Nigerianization(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

Christianity is not any better.

And, as a matter of fact, I know of some Muslim women who married Christian men.

Ask them what they faced. Remember the Sudanese woman?
Please read up on her story.
Thanks
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by BluntBoy(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerianization:

Ask them what they faced. Remember the Sudanese woman? Please read up on her story. Thanks
In Southwest Nigeria, they are doing just well.
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by Nigerianization(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

In Southwest Nigeria, they are doing just well.

Of course the South West is a classic and wonderful example of where we have religious harmony playing out well. In Eastern Nigeria, for instance, a Christian - male or female - who marries a Muslim will be criticised and maybe called names but that is usually where it ends.

In the North, such persons - to a large extent - will face physical attacks or even death.

Therefore, using only the South West is not a representative sample and thus your conclusions may not be totally correct.

I still urge you to read the Sudanese woman's story
Re: Government Not Different From Boko Haram – Bishop Kukah by BluntBoy(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerianization:

Of course the South West is a classic and wonderful example of where we have religious harmony playing out well. In Eastern Nigeria, for instance, a Christian - male or female - who marries a Muslim will be criticised and maybe called names but that is usually where it ends.

In the North, such persons - to a large extent - will face physical attacks or even death.

Therefore, using only the South West is not a representative sample and thus your conclusions may not be totally correct.

I still urge you to read the Sudanese woman's story

I am not interested in the statistics.

If you checked my earliest posts, I joined the argument because someone was trying to make it seem like Muslims were incapable of the slightest form of tolerance. So, I mentioned the Southwest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Martins Idakpini: Court Martial Grants Bail To Soldier Who Criticized Buratai / Buhari Calling Jonathan “Clueless” Over Insecurity In 2013 (Video) / Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.