Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) (70688 Views)

I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by MrBONE2(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2020
lawman88:

I wish I get the mind to do like the OP....

My people na celebration and flamboyant wedding all of them want but no one will assist financially

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Youngjohnosas: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2020
defashan:

Which Edo? Be careful of women from there. Marrying from there is like buying ‘bend down delect’. If you are not careful, you will get an Italian returnee of many battles, or a deported old girl from Germany and other parts of Europe.
They are very promiscuous and will disappear with your baby/babies at the slightest domestic issue or run away with another man.

The seemingly naive ones who haven’t crossed the Mediterranean Sea would deceive you and elope with an Indian or Lebanese who would abuse and dump them later.

Avoid Edo women.
You are a pathetic and pained fool. Edo women are one of most hardworking women in Nigeria.in my church alone I can count up to 10 women that have built houses with their petty trading and made it look that their husbands built the houses.

I don't see anyone that wouldn't elope with ur baby with this nasty attitude u are putting up. if I may ask, where are you from? be proud to say it so we can start from there.

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by passey: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2020
My closest dude spent #200k...
Gave the wife #150k to buy clothes for herself.
Paid dowry of #30k
Paid #20k for some traditional rites.

Gave the woman the Ddick and they are married with two beautiful kids...

Now, they worth more than #100m!
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by DavidEsq(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
Start little and God we increase it…
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
OP but these are not your wedding pix na

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Chirowman(m): 7:50am On Jan 12, 2020
this is commendable and moral booster ,my woman wants his kind of wedding but i can't and at least before you could get through with list ,170k is out of your pocket .but you have gingered me am going to look at that list again.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by DavidEsq(m): 7:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:
And u are showing us pictures with nice wedding gown and suits..U should have posted the 13k suit to encourage the readers more haba!!! smiley
don't mind him

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Youngjohnosas: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2020
franchasng:
In as much as you sound harsh, you made very valid point.

Edo guys alone should marry Edo ladies, only Edo guys can deal with Edo ladies because they understand them better.

Any guy from other tribe getting married to an Edo lady is playing with fire!
u sound pained,may frustration not kill u in Jesus name. OGA kindly state where you are from so we can engage in a round table talk.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Onyi22:

So you mean u were her destine husband she missed?

That's not what I'm insinuating. She will definitely find her husband someday. I have learned in life that you as long as you are living or working with someone, you need to observe his or capabilities and weaknesses and examine yourself if you can cope or not. I think she can't cope that was why she left. There are so many big boiz out there that can use 10 million and above for wedding. but for me, I can't do that . I pray in the future that I shld have that kind of money to spin away.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by yahmohy27: 7:59am On Jan 12, 2020
jidamsel43:
Yoruba ladies over to you. Can you accept this kind of wedding?

If your wife to be is understandable , it is possible to achieve this but ladies nowadays do not want to settle for SURULERE ( struggling) again, they prefer OLORUNSOGO (high class).

To convince a lady to accept this in Lagos , you have to be on 75 days marathon fasting .
I doubt even with that,hhmm
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by OkunrinMeta: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2020
whytepawn1:

@the bolded...
Not an option. She is one in a million.

There are 180million people in Nigeria. So if she is 1 in a million, there are 180 people just like her. Most of them young and about half of them would be female.

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by shogsman(m): 8:08am On Jan 12, 2020
You live in a self con and you still thinking of marriage.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by trumpcoat(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2020
Don't forget for this kinda wedding to hold the bride parent and the bride are the architect, both are humble and reasonable, so mind their way of life before proposing it's very important,....
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by MajorWarren: 8:19am On Jan 12, 2020
1500 for ring?? 13k for suit Dafuq ??
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by yanabasee(m): 8:21am On Jan 12, 2020
elektra:
I also don’t want a wedding reception.
I want to go to registry and go for my honey moon.

I have noticed that weddings are only enjoyed by the visitors. The couples families always end up stressing and fighting. I’ve not heard of any wedding that family members did not fight or were unhappy about something. Somebody must complain about something!
I am unwilling to spend obscene amounts of money entertaining and feeding a bunch of people, while the people most important to me are more stressed than happy.

Will you marry me?
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by toprealman: 8:21am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
Caution your wife against trying to impress. You have the right to do whatever you want......you cannot stop people reacting or responding to your actions the way they like.
Whatever the case, it should not influence your lifestyle.
Congrats bro...... keep moving forward.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2020
Who da hell still still gets Married thesedays? the same smelly Vagina everyday for...... Hell NO!!
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Godsonkemz(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2020
When i saw the headline I already knew it can never be from east where 250k will not be enough for both weddings. May God continue to bless your union.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Walyben: 8:35am On Jan 12, 2020
O
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wettoid123: 8:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Wantedmiller:

will you shut up and pass........life time celebration finish you there..

who told you is a life time celebration?

read the story ,pick your lesson and move on.....

You are a fool for life go and marry a cheap woman or better still just do lagos marriage invite her into your house and start making babies no need to even spend money for the marriage .cheap guys! cheap women !
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wettoid123: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2020
Sarang:

They are living well. That is the most important thing. Their marriage. Not how much was spent on wedding celebration

I believe you are a lady and you are talking like these have you not been attending other people marriage celebration how was it, or you are the very cheap one that will not even organise reception in his marriage celebration?
Please value yourself so that the man you get married to will value you,,I know men very well that same man will tell you tomorrow was it upto #50k I spend in marrying you? Women should be wise.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by dikamzy(m): 9:16am On Jan 12, 2020
Your kind of woman has finished in Nigeria now... grin grin cool cool
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by DavidEsq(m): 9:17am On Jan 12, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
One can marry with less sef. You both just gotta agree.

You'll get cute rings on Aliexpress for less than 1500 sef
Liar liar! g-strings on fire
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by marylandcakes: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Why insert the picture of a couple who spends thousands on their wedding, this is double standards you would have put your pictures or no pictures at all.

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Liposure: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2020
Inspiring
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by bindukwe(m): 10:01am On Jan 12, 2020
chocboi78:
flamboyant ,flamboyantly, flamboyancy grin grin grin

cheesy grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2020
DavidEsq:

Liar liar! g-strings on fire
Na you sabi
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by DAYOODS(m): 10:06am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

We did not even use suit. Just plain white material we sewed...
u

Baba show us the clothes now,I believe you took pictures we need to be encouraged.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Allen102: 10:10am On Jan 12, 2020
defashan:

Which Edo? Be careful of women from there. Marrying from there is like buying ‘bend down delect’. If you are not careful, you will get an Italian returnee of many battles, or a deported old girl from Germany and other parts of Europe.
They are very promiscuous and will disappear with your baby/babies at the slightest domestic issue or run away with another man.

The seemingly naive ones who haven’t crossed the Mediterranean Sea would deceive you and elope with an Indian or Lebanese who would abuse and dump them later.

Avoid Edo women.
Speaking from experience? grin grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by causimalbarka(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2020
Congratulations brother..
I'm really happy for u, I also did mine last week Saturday, I spent far less cause we both used the cloth we have before, and number that attended are not up to 15..

I pray God bless our union oooo..

The main reason behind mine is "nothing in this world worth going to hell for, as we all know formication is a sin..

I'm very happy I made this move..

SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Legaldruglord: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2020
If you really want to inspire us show us your own pictures .

For me i will say "wed only when you are ready for it" . If you are not then get out of the way till you are .
It will be understandable if you did it so you can have something left to start out life with after the wedding . If not , bro thats was a very shitty move .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69