Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres (2230 Views)

Disconnection Of Telecom Services Has Reduced Banditry In Katsina: Masari: VIDEO / COVID-19: Enugu State Starts Disinfection Of Markets and Parks (Pictures) / Buhari Aide, Bashir Ahmed Reacts As Abia State Starts Production Of Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
I don't know the right heading for this.
Me and my friend went to recharge our prepaid metre as usual, when we got there, we where told that our card has expired. And that the prepaid metre that was given to us is now obsolete. Our card was ceased and the next dey they came and disconnected our light and said we should pay 39,000 naira for a new prepaid metre in This January. My friend has been staying for days now without electricity, he didn't commit any offence, how will they disconnect the light from the pole when he pays his due and is forced to buy metre with his own money? I want to ask does prepaid metre expire? Are we supposed to pay for prepaid metre with our own money for them to claim right over it?. This issue is now a serious matter, I don't know if it is happening in other states, but it is happening in Enugu. Our government is doing nothing at all, just about 2 days ago some eedc people where beaten mercilessly when they climbed poll to cut some peoples light, I thought the government will give it citizens electricity and we only pay? Why are we now paying for metres that will be mounted by the eedc people on a pole which is now our right..please I don't know what to say but I want this message to go viral. All this must stop, where do the masses get money to buy new metre? Why is the government making things very hard for its people.?
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Verify this information yourself and do the needful.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Cheato64(m): 6:30am On Jan 11, 2020
It's happening every where within enugu, Nothing is working in this country

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by greatiyk4u(m): 7:15am On Jan 11, 2020
Blame FG controlled NERC that instructed the payment of meters
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Cheato64:
It's happening every where within enugu, Nothing is working in this country
good morning, I don't understand what is happening in this country again. This people never told us that metre expires, why would we pay to fix metres for us, and they will come and mount it anywhere they are? If we buy the metre is not our right to tell them where to put it? Cause they don't have right anymore? Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2020
greatiyk4u:
Blame FG controlled NERC that instructed the payment of meters
is it also happening in your state?
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Yorubaskullmine: 9:29am On Jan 11, 2020
This is serious
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by crossfm: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Nigeria is a failed state.lawlessness and exploitation of citizens is what the government know best to do.which one is that meters have expired,where it's still working very well.
Lets assume the meters are outdated as they claim.why not replace the old ones with the new ones.I had no notice was given.
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by otokx(m): 10:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Not good if true or was it stolen meters
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Cyberterror: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2020
Victoronah1:
Me and my friend went to recharge our prepaid metre as usual, when we got there, we where told that our card has expired. And that the prepaid metre that was given to us is now obsolete. Our card was ceased and the next dey they came and disconnected our light and said we should pay 39,000 naira for a new prepaid metre in This January. My friend has been staying for days now without electricity, he didn't commit any offence, how will they disconnect the light from the pole when he pays his due and is forced to buy metre with his own money? I want to ask does prepaid metre expire? Are we supposed to pay for prepaid metre with our own money for them to claim right over it?. This issue is now a serious matter, I don't know if it is happening in other states, but it is happening in Enugu. Our government is doing nothing at all, just about 2 days ago some eedc people where beaten mercilessly when they climbed poll to cut some peoples light, I thought the government will give it citizens electricity and we only pay? Why are we now paying for metres that will be mounted by the eedc people on a pole which is now our right..please I don't know what to say but I want this message to go viral. All this must stop, where do the masses get money to buy new metre? Why is the government making things very hard for its people.?
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Igbo na eme onwe ha. This nonsense is not happening in other Discos except EEDC owned by Igbo man. That's why God has never supported Biafra. It would be dog eat dog republic.

2 Likes

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2020
crossfm:
Nigeria is a failed state.lawlessness and exploitation of citizens is what the government know best to do.which one is that meters have expired,where it's still working very well.
Lets assume the meters are outdated as they claim.why not replace the old ones with the new ones.I had no notice was given.
yes sir they didn't give anyone notice oo. They are cutting people light and forcing them to pay 39,000 naira
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Cyberterror:
Igbo na eme onwe ha. This nonsense is not happening in other Discos except EEDC owned by Igbo man. That's why God has never supported Biafra. It would be dog eat dog republic.
the truth is we hate ourselves. All in the name to make money.

2 Likes

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2020
otokx:
Not good if true or was it stolen meters
no, they are doing it to everyone, nothing like stolen metre, I am not against outdated metre like they claim, but they should be the one to install the new metre and carry the old one. Why should I pay for metre can you imagine?
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Emmanuelhector(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2020
I paid #70,410 for the 3 phase meter with a broken heart. The one for #39k is single phase, With single phase, your neighbors might have light on other phases while you stay in darkness on your single phase.. This government cares more on extorting from its citizens.

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by GamalNasser: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2020
Typical Nigerian corruption playing out ..how can meter expire
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by greatiyk4u(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
Victoronah1:
is it also happening in your state?

Its nation wide
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
greatiyk4u:

Its nation wide
can you imagine
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Afamed: 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
greatiyk4u:

Its nation wide
Its not nationwide. A whole community in my areas was given prepaid metre with no cost attached. That's close or over 3 years now. Even though, we have different Discos nationwide, some are bent on exploiting the customers

2 Likes

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by seborrhic: 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
Victoronah1:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
It happened to your friend now turns to "it's happening in Enugu state".
So your friend and a single experience now equates to the whole of Enugu?
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by chichar1(f): 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
The only person, who is responsible for that problem or madness, is no other person, than BADLUCK EBERE JONATHAN!!!!!!!!! A FOOL for that matter!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by greatiyk4u(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:

Its not nationwide. A whole community in my areas was given prepaid metre with no cost attached. That's close or over 3 years now. Even though, we have different Discos nationwide, some are bent on exploiting the customers

Wrong

It was free before now as directed by NERC ,currently the same NERC has given Metering to a third party contractors to supply customers for a cost

Discos are operating based on FG policy
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Afamed: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
greatiyk4u:

Wrong

It was free before now as directed by NERC ,currently the same NERC has given Metering to a third party contractors to supply customers for a cost

Discos are operating based on FG policy
Read but slowly again my first post
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by greatiyk4u(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
Afamed:

Read but slowly again my first post

No time
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by LadyExcellency: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Cyberterror:

Stop this nonsense and state your opinion on the subject being discussed.

A corporate organization has no tribe or religion so stop being obsessed with self hatred.

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
seborrhic:

It happened to your friend now turns to "it's happening in Enugu state".
So your friend and a single experience now equates to the whole of Enugu?
I went to eedc office. Not only my friend it happened to me

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by LabDNA: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
It's happening everywhere in the East where EEDC is in control.

Another company needs to take over.

2 Likes

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by igahdavid(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
This deserves to be me sent to the front page.
Lalasticlala
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 10:03am On Jan 23, 2020
igahdavid:
This deserves to be me sent to the front page.
Lalasticlala
they are now cutting wires from people's houses. Sometimes they won't give us light for days.. lalasticlala.
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by passyjango(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
I just finished writing about this issue on my blog. Apparently, this is no longer an EEDC issue as Kaduna Electric has just announced that they will start doing the same thing. With this new development it is only a matter of time before other discos join. So, anywhere you are in Nigeria, if you are among the first set of people that got prepayment meters this will surely affect you soon. This is why we all need to band together and fight this now. Here is an excerpt from my blog post feel free to share:

In Nigeria, even the simplest things are made very cumbersome by our lack of project management skills for proper planning and seamless execution. This is the only way to make sense of the current MAP powered meter replacement exercise being conducted by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) and Kaduna Electric.

These two Nigerian electricity companies are currently doing or have announced what they called a meter replacement exercise, but which after a good analysis seems to me like a rogue operation.

Here is how there process work.

They claim your prepayment meter is obsolete and you need to apply for a new more advanced meter. That sounds good so far, but here is the catch, the new meter is not available (and there seem not to be any definite date for availability) and you have to surrender your ‘obsolete’ meter to the power company official before you can apply for the new meter. Oh and did I tell you that you have to fork out around 39,000 NGN for single phase and 72,000 NGN for triple phase (spread over two year under the Meter Asset Provider, MAP scheme).

What this means is that before you can apply for the new meter, your old prepayment meter will be confiscated, meanwhile there is no replacement meter, so the power company will then connect you directly to the grid (without a meter) and put you on estimated billing. Does this make any sense to you?

Why can’t one continue to use the older meter while they apply for the new meter and just do a simple meter swap when the meter is available? Apparently, EEDC and Kaduna Electric are allergic to doing things right.

What happens if you refuse to hand in your old meter? They refuse to connect you to power once your current credit is exhausted, so you have to stay in darkness or generate your own power.

This is why I call this entire exercise a rogue operation. EEDC and Kaduna Electric are using Mafia-style arm-twisting to force electricity consumers to comply.

It is pretty long, you can continue reading here https://www.naijatechguide.com/2020/01/eedc-kaduna-electric-map-meter.html
Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Victoronah1: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
passyjango:
I just finished writing about this issue on my blog. Apparently, this is no longer an EEDC issue as Kaduna Electric has just announced that they will start doing the same thing. With this new development it is only a matter of time before other discos join. So, anywhere you are in Nigeria, if you are among the first set of people that got prepayment meters this will surely affect you soon. This is why we all need to band together and fight this now. Here is an excerpt from my blog post feel free to share:

In Nigeria, even the simplest things are made very cumbersome by our lack of project management skills for proper planning and seamless execution. This is the only way to make sense of the current MAP powered meter replacement exercise being conducted by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) and Kaduna Electric.

These two Nigerian electricity companies are currently doing or have announced what they called a meter replacement exercise, but which after a good analysis seems to me like a rogue operation.

Here is how there process work.

They claim your prepayment meter is obsolete and you need to apply for a new more advanced meter. That sounds good so far, but here is the catch, the new meter is not available (and there seem not to be any definite date for availability) and you have to surrender your ‘obsolete’ meter to the power company official before you can apply for the new meter. Oh and did I tell you that you have to fork out around 39,000 NGN for single phase and 72,000 NGN for triple phase (spread over two year under the Meter Asset Provider, MAP scheme).

What this means is that before you can apply for the new meter, your old prepayment meter will be confiscated, meanwhile there is no replacement meter, so the power company will then connect you directly to the grid (without a meter) and put you on estimated billing. Does this make any sense to you?

Why can’t one continue to use the older meter while they apply for the new meter and just do a simple meter swap when the meter is available? Apparently, EEDC and Kaduna Electric are allergic to doing things right.

What happens if you refuse to hand in your old meter? They refuse to connect you to power once your current credit is exhausted, so you have to stay in darkness or generate your own power.

This is why I call this entire exercise a rogue operation. EEDC and Kaduna Electric are using Mafia-style arm-twisting to force electricity consumers to comply.

It is pretty long, you can continue reading here https://www.naijatechguide.com/2020/01/eedc-kaduna-electric-map-meter.html
there is going to be a movement in Enugu on Monday for the Eedc stuff. I'll post what's happens

1 Like

Re: EEDC Enugu State starts ceasing and disconnection of citizen electricity metres by Island01: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2020
Victoronah1:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
. Good morning I can help you get the Bluetooth speaker and ship it to your location

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Women Join Amotakun ? I Mean Strong Women / What Will Kanu Be Remembered For? / Kanu Lawyer Finally Allow To See Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.