Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,276 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles (3576 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online / See 30 Of The Weirdest Car Accidents (pix) / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 11, 2020
Corolla leads the pack

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 11, 2020
January 2, 2020 a family of six perished on the Ife expressway after their Corolla was hit by a VW Passat..... Sad.

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 11, 2020
Xmas day tragedy.... another Toyota burnt a family of five to death

1 Share

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Corolla leads the pack

I don't agree with your figures, but I agree with one thing; most Toyota Corolla and Camry owners drive stupidly fast on the road and it's quite dangerous.

I guess they have the mentality that once they're in the car, they're invincible. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by daddytime(m): 4:33am On Jan 11, 2020
I love my German machine sha...

Security/comfort doesn't come cheap, but God remains the ultimate shield.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 11, 2020
eduman365:

I don't agree with your figures, but I agree with one thing; most Toyota Corolla and Camry owners drive stupidly fast on the road and it's quite dangerous.

I guess they have the mentality that once they're in the car, they're invincible. undecided
You'll be surprised sir
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 11, 2020
daddytime:
I love my German machine sha...

Security/comfort doesn't come cheap, but God remains the ultimate shield.
True. It's God. But God gave us the power of choice
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Still Japanese Toyota

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Japanese Honda

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Still Japanese

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 11, 2020
All Japanese all Toyota

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2020
Still Japanese even Kia Cerato kills 12 passengers in a Toyota spacebus....na wa ooo

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by GraGra247(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Don't be naive. This figure is simply because the greatest percentage of cars and buses used by Nigerians are Japanese products especially Toyota.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by uboma(m): 6:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Demarketing Japanese cars but it is the truth though.

Yesterday morning on my way to the office, I found a recently purchased (had no number plate yet) Toyota Camry a.k.a Muscle inside the road gutter along Airport road.

In the past, especially during the rainy seasons, I had seen a Siena and other brands of Toyota cars inside the road gutter along the same route.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by daddytime(m): 6:56am On Jan 11, 2020
Goldencheese:

I like your comment

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by dazzlingd(m): 7:02am On Jan 11, 2020
False statistics,
Over 90% of Nigerian cars are Japanese made....
So??

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by MPVGoddess: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2020
If you to Ladipo and see how Toyota Hiace buses are cut to pieces and loaded into containers and reassembled in Nigeria without structural integrity you will understand why I always tell my family and friends, you can travel in any vehicle but not a Toyota Hiace unless you can guarantee it was bought brand new in Nigeria from the dealer.

If in doubt, travel in a Sienna. In any case, it has better crash protection built into it.

One more thing, they have done it to late model Mercede Benz SUVs so it is not just about Toyota Hiace but the integrity of the car seller.

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 11, 2020
MPVGoddess:
If you to Ladipo and see how Toyota Hiace buses are cut to pieces and loaded into containers and reassembled in Nigeria without structural integrity you will understand why I always tell my family and friends, you can travel in any vehicle but not a Toyota Hiace unless you can guarantee it was bought brand new in Nigeria from the dealer.

If in doubt, travel in a Sienna. In any case, it has better crash protection built into it.

One more thing, they have done it to late model Mercede Benz SUVs so it is not just about Toyota Hiace but the integrity of the car seller.
Thanks for the plausible explanation
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2020
dazzlingd:
False statistics,
Over 90% of Nigerian cars are Japanese made....
So??
Extremely false information. VW Opel Mercedes are popular models in Nigeria too. Stop patronising glory land autos

I am sure you are yet to see Micra miracles in Nigeria
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Fentanyl: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2020
what a silly thread

but I was not surprised because I saw the thread OP before i saw the thread title

a rotten tree cannot bear good fruit na

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Fentanyl: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2020
even ignoring the rubbish contrived statistics where the op just pulled out a number from his nether regions,

it is just common sense

there are far many more vehicles of Asian origin on the roads that any often overrated germanmobiles, the simple reason is reliability and realistic cost

for instance for every 10 cars on the road 7 or 8 may be Asian and only 1 or 2 may be german

common sense would tell you that more asian vehicles would have accidents than german boxes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by 9icetoo(m): 10:10am On Jan 11, 2020
Wow. Didn't know it had gotten to this level.
Okay oo.

Fentanyl, don't bother.

It's never going to change or sway what people already know.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2020
Difference no one in the Mercedes Benz died. Toyota occupants died like chickens... sadly. In the keke Marwa only the keke occupants died.
In the ML crossover no one died.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by thebigkendo(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2020
Looking for Attention as usual...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by jmaine: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Difference no one in the Mercedes Benz died. Toyota occupants died like chickens... sadly. In the keke Marwa only the keke occupants died.

You won this round sticking to the keyword "fatal".. grin

But this is a false positive though.. Greater number of Jap models will always reflect in the statistics cos your sample size is skewed from the onset..

There is a bias already in the dataset.. wink

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
jmaine:

You won this round sticking to the keyword "fatal".. grin

But this is a false positive though.. Greater number of Jap models will always reflect in the statistics cos your sample size is skewed from the onset..

There is a bias already in the dataset.. wink
True. But we need people to be careful committing their hard earned money to such unsafe vehicles

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smartchoiice:

So why are we limiting this to Nigeria?

There are a lot of fatal accidents involving German vehicles scattered all over the internet. Are those vehicles different from the ones used in Nigeria?

Besides, a 2019 Lexus RX350 will not have the same safety features as a 2019 Toyota corolla. There's a reason the corolla costs less.

When you can do a crash test involving a German vehicle and a Japanese within the same price range let us know. Until then, it's the same empty chest beating we've all gotten used to.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by KINGreignn: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Facts first.

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by KINGreignn: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by KINGreignn: 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Fatal Road Accidents Occur In Japanese Vehicles by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thank you kingreign. If you follow MPVgoddess assertion you'll understand that the international internet standard by Toyota is not obtainable in 80% of Japanese vehicles on Nigerian roads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! / Is This 2007 Toyota Camry Safe To Buy? / 2018 Lexus LC 500.. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.