Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi (655 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi by Ovularia: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2010
Senator Bola Tinubu backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi

NewsDec 5, 2010
By Daniel Eteghe Lagos

Following the in sistence of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi that 25 per cent of the nation’s overhead cost was spent by the National Assembly last Thursday when he appeared before the various committees on the Senate and House of Representative, the Former Governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, yesterday commended Sanusi for his doggedness, stressing that he respected him for holding firm to his position.
Speaking to aviation correspondents at the Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos, Tinubu noted that the fact on ground was that members of the National Assembly were busy appropriating money for themselves without any anybody questioning them which was in violation with the codes of the ethics of the National Assembly.
“Nigerians must be able to call them to question not only at the polls but at the expense of the poor, at the expense of our infrastructure, at the expense of job creation. They should call them to question, I respect Sanusi’s figure, if he has made a mistake of not standing by that data, any data from him in future will never be respected and this is the man that is in charge of regulatory agencies that impact on our economy seriously“ he affirmed.
He further stressed that the economy was tattered as a result of the misappropriation of funds that may ends up in furthering corruption and as well as making Nigeria citizens to become impoverish.
“The economy is in tatters, why shouldn’t they, who is auditing them, who is auditing all the moneys that they have been taking. I have even on good authority that they even get as far as participating in the implementation of the budget before something is approved and you have the instances where the government will say this is how much it wants to spend and arbitrarily we increase it in order to justify their increase for themselves who is the check and balances of financial integrity of the house“ he added.
While answering questions on the ground that Sanusi’s move could jeopardize in Nigeria, he said“ Which jeopardize, who are the ones misappropriating the money, if I am in charge of the custody of your values of grains I am the seller and I can take as much as I want for myself and my family and leave the rest for the rest of the community or the town, we elected them to make laws we didn’t elect business men in fact they have been dragging us to the stage that we will look for men and women of financial capacity who can legislate for us on a per time basis“
“You see they are driving us to a stage where people will not respect this democracy, we have to check them, they are becoming a treat to our democracy, you can appropriate money for yourself and nobody can question you, nobody can raise alarm, nobody can call attention to the needs of the country that is the danger, it is very dangerous to democratic institutions and projects.
Some of the auditors to the NA, to whom did they report if the auditor general of a nation speaks they will attack him, if the accountant general speaks, they will attack him, if the minister of finance speaks, the will attack him. With that there is a dictatorship tendency in violation of the fundamental rights of the peoples’ right to speak their mind and this is dangerous to our democracy so they are the one threatening our democracy “ he stated.
Re: Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi by violent(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2010
“Nigerians must be able to call them to question not only at the polls but at the expense of the poor, at the expense of our infrastructure, at the expense of job creation. They should call them to question, I respect Sanusi’s figure, if he has made a mistake of not standing by that data, any data from him in future will never be respected and this is the man that is in charge of regulatory agencies that impact on our economy seriously“ he affirmed

Gbam!

Just like i am more likely to consider the figures coming from my village drunk than take Aganga seriously
Re: Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi by Gbawe: 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2010
violent:

Gbam!

Just like i am more likely to consider the figures coming from my village drunk[b] than take Aganga seriously [/b]

My brother, Aganga's role , like IGP Ringim and PDP Chairman Nwodo, is obvious. He is an unscrupulous snakes oil salesman brought in for the specific purpose of procurring the financial muscle to actualise Project Jonathan. Others , like Ringim and Nwodo, have their own respective duties also that we are all aware of.
Re: Senator Bola Tinubu Backs Sanusi Lamidi Sanusi by aljharem(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2010
in as much as i do not like tinubu because he is a fraudster

but this move would make him to be loved more

(1) (Reply)

Becomrich The North Needs You / Robbers Kill 4 Soldiers In Lagos / Nigeria: The Redemption Package For Automobile Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.