Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials (97728 Views)

Four Abia Gay Anglican Priests Dismissed By Church / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / Ibadan Baptist Pastor Locked Out By Church Members Over Embezzlement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by ruffDiamond: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
gorget that thing...they learned from the HEAD FRAUDSTER himself na... old tale,we don the talk am long say RELIGION na scam (both Christianity & IslamaBAD) it's the fastest way to fleece the over mumu gullible Nigerians! me I no dey any one again,I don free tey they...to HELL WITH RELIGION!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by IamAjiroba6: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
If Atiku can be forgiven and you didn't see anything wrong in entrusting the responsibilities of a whole Nation in a man with so much question marks hanging on him;

Then forgive them and re employ them.
Moreso allow whomever wants to employ them do so. After all you sold Atiku to Nigerians.

What goes around comes around!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Commentor: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
But you would receive offerings from those that defrauded their employers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by sulasa07(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
FlyoruB:

But I don't claim to be a 'man of God'. Oyedepo claims to be a man of God whom is expected to be an example and representation/embodiment of 'Christlike' conduct and behaviour. He ought to forgive and forget, especially where there's sign of repentance from the perpetrators of the crime. But from his utterances, he's obviously still embittered.
that's why I said business,on a normal ground, church and mosque are not supposed to generate such amounts of money,I'm not on his side,I'm stylishly mocking him that some people are stealing his hard earned money

3 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Babaheekmat: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
Looters looting looter

Awon thief somebody

4 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by buzorcharles(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
when u steal from people, people will steal from u. karma is a god

5 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Suremikky(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
inioluwaDaniels:
But y ll a sensible human steal in d house of God. Even if I knw dat d pastor is a Yahoo pastor I can't touch money donated in d name of God. The consequences are always very severe kiss

The consequences are always severe and pastors have been eating such money since time immemorial and they still live as old as Methuselah..continue deceiving ursef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by IpobAntidote: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
OLE GBE OLE GBA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Angelfrost(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
How exactly did such a sensitive thing get into the public domain??!... Last time I checked, such meetings of church executives are held very privately!!!

Something is seriously wrong with most Christians these days!!! Smh.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Originalsly: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
FlyoruB:

Lol. The thing really pain and provoke Oyedepo. grin cheesy Sotay e no even wan forgive and forget 'like Christ would'. shocked

grin grin....same thought came to mind!... adultery.... fornication... abortions....gambling... none of these stuff affect him... but to steal his money??...all hell broke loose! But then again... if he can go this far to warn church members ... why didn't he go to the Police and have the thief charged for grand larceny? I strongly believe this is a scam.... to get members to give more to make up for the ehmmm.... stolen funds.

6 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Amalekki: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Daddy... ehm but you wanted us to re-employ Atiku even with full promotion grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Powersurge: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

You are obviously brainless to notice that this is simply a comparison between two colleagues in same business of Christianity. I'm not for or against anyone but simply pointing out how confusing Christianity can be if you chose to follow the footstep of your papas rather than knowing the Bible for yourself.

Confusion? You are obviously confused.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
DrChukki:
That's bad actually... But where's the place of forgiveness Christ taught us.

Asking people not to employ them is the idea I don't buy into.

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

After all, No one is 100% innocent of crime.
bros if you know the atrocities these people have committed, you will not be talking like these!
these guys will arbitrarily hijack and squander the money they are supposed to use to pay people that have executed one Project or the other. wicked lot.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Lonelypacifist6: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Tomide007:

Are u even in Nigeria? Or u just hate oyedepo.
Twas a question given the fact that they're working in a church
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by StagethemTVee: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
What a Sherk

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by CSTR2: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
If David oyedepo had mentioned their names, those accountants are finished in Nigeria.

You can't imagine how many top CEOs and managers in Nigeria attend winners.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Lonelypacifist6: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Expert17:

Dey don't pay Nigeria politicians enough baa??
Most politician have no morals, this is church they shouldn't be stealing gods money grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by eclecticbaron: 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Neddyogu:
Did Jesus chase Judas away even when he knew Judas stole from their purse?

This is real food for thoughts. What would Jesus do? Oyedepo is not Christlike here. What those guys did was bad but Oyedepo should forgive them. I wonder what people preach these days. Thought forgiveness was a keystone in Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Malcolm123: 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
CSTR2:
If David oyedepo had mentioned their names, those accountants are finished in Nigeria.

You can't imagine how many top CEOs and managers in Nigeria attend winners.

Nothing will happen ...you think those CEO no know wetin dey happen .....person go dey account for millions per week ....you dey pay Dem 30k even some ppl na free of charge Dem dey count and package d money

U think EKO (Lagos) is stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Bakrabas: 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Later they will be saying that they are following the words of christ.. Jesus says father forgive them because they didn't know what they are doing
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Malcolm123: 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lonelypacifist6:
Most politician have no morals, this is church they shouldn't be stealing gods money grin cheesy lipsrsealed

It depends on their reason for picking it B4 you judge
Some of dis ppl are very poor ...dey hardly feed themself ..some can't pay house rent yet MR general overseer dey buy plane and helicopter up and down ...if na you you no go pick small for yourself

Atleast one of the essence of donating money for church na to help the needy

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by CSTR2: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Malcolm123:

Nothing will happen ...you think those CEO no know wetin dey happen .....person go dey account for millions per week ....you dey pay Dem 30k even some ppl na free of charge Dem dey count and package d money

U think EKO (Lagos) is stupid
Forget o.
You can't underestimate the followership that oyedepo has among his members.
Many of whom have extensive corporate network and run their own companies.

Someone that papa say is bad market publicly, will have a hard time getting job in a good place.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by blowjohn(m): 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
tstx:
Normal... It's very hard to find a honest Nigerian these days..

As an entrepreneur if you no take care your workers will steal steal and steal your business to the ground.

The way we treat government properties that's the exact way we treat other people's business

Exactly.
The bigger a company is the bigger the long throat of the workers.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by MarxisGlaaiback: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
There's nothing u can do about this, conditions push people to the wall, in this present society, forgive them, share the word of God to them,so they can change,

This is bound to happen in church dat has grown to this multinational ( MNC) status
the church is now a multinational entity
and nobody wan carry lass
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Mrexcell(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
Bloggeryanke:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/oyedepo-blows-hot-over-millions-stolen-by-church-officials/amp/

Most churches have deviated from their original calling of winning lost souls for the kingdom of God to purely business organizations so what do you expect?

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Malcolm123: 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
CSTR2:

Forget o.
You can't underestimate the followership that oyedepo has among his members.
Many of whom have extensive corporate network and run their own companies.

Someone that papa say is bad market publicly, will have at hard time getting job in a good place.

Most mature ppl will lyk to hear both side B4 judging ......Maybe dey have their reason too
Not dat dey will just condemn Dem lyk dat
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by blackboy(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt and wicked. Them no fear God but very religious set of people.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by jaxxy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
They probably thought it was the infamous National cake.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by LadySarah: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
Very sad though.
Used to admire the church until we moved to a new neighborhood and chose one opposite the house.
Very beautiful edifice with cool, good looking pastors and powerful faith based sermons. The solemn choir wasn'teft out.

My young sis on I. T followed me there and being the person she was soon made friends with the pst wife.

In no distant time
Pst wife told us of their woez. She later came to pack some siz clothes to wear.
She was going to another new Gen church for prayers to ward off evil.
ONE early morning around 6am, the gateman brought a guest to my apartment. A sort of familiar face I later discovered to be one of the fierce ushers in the church. She needed money to buy drugs her kids.

I felt so sad.

Not to criticize but if I were a pst, Deacon Stephen will be my example. The church has no biz with mighty edifices and bank accounts. No need for those private jets, have we finished preaching to those in Ottah alone. If yes, why so much evil then.

Disburse those money and help your converts. Let them see the beauty of Jesus.

Be that as it may, the church marches on and No Gate of hell shall prevail against it.
Only Jesus still knows his own cos our brand of Christianity is Chrisenterpreneurship.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by EmmyDJourno: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oyedepo is a hypocrite

The same man who frolicked with Nigeria treasury looters is now coming here to spew thrash

Like Atiku, the looter's loot was looted from the looter by looters grin

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Atlantis585: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nothing wrong with that. It's a case of robbers robbing the chief robber.
Bloggeryanke:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/oyedepo-blows-hot-over-millions-stolen-by-church-officials/amp/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study / 21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.