Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes (3718 Views)

Married Men, What Is Your Experience With Single Ladies? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / I Caught My Wife Selling Her Nude Pictures To Other Men. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Lina2020: 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Op,please run for your life, seems your wife has a mental issue, why threaten you with a knife,not once oo......Please run far away

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Daviddson(m): 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
It's risky continuing that marriage, though I don't support divorce. What you need is to temporarily separate from her - maybe for 2-3 months and vow to always repeat it whenever she repeats similar behavior.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
You can’t stay there in an unstable environment that may cost you your life because your families don’t want you to divorce. your families won’t be the ones to get hurt when push comes to shove.

You need to learn to do what’s best for you regardless of what people will say. What would I do if I was in your shoes? I won’t live with a husband who jas threatened to stabbed me multiple times. Neither will I advice you to.

So you already know the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by sparog(m): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
crackkhaus:

This is another angle.

For a woman to have the guts to brandish knives in front of her husband, it must mean she sees him as being incapable of anything.

Too bad.

Exactly

She doesn't even respect him, I doubt if she even loves him

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by MannaBbqgrilz: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
You ignored the red sign when you were dating her, I will advise you to separate with her ,let the kids be with her and be doing your part by paying the school fees ,feeding and other financial responsibility on the kids so that your wife won't brainwash them against you

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by loshybab(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Just see what free fvck has gotten this Op into.
My advice for you is to reason deeply and take whatever decision is best for you. You know your wife better than anyone here

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Lamanii22(f): 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Olalan:
OP your life is at risk here..........one day your story might just hit FrontPage headlines for being stabbed by his wife.

Risk gidi gaan ni oo... I swear... The marriage should be dissolved mehn... Marriage should not be toxic... Since there's no marriage in heaven what's now the fuss about it on earth... Don't get me wrong.. Marriage is a beautiful thing.. but when your life is at stake.. You should flee from it...
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Lamanii22(f): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Lina2020:
Op,please run for your life, seems your wife has a mental issue, why threaten you with a knife,not once oo......Please run far away

Mental issue is a thing lately... Lots of people are mentally unstable...

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Novemberaura(m): 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
The rational and logical thing to do is the avoid this woman, move to a separate apartment, separate from her. This is your life and the future of the children, trust me sticking around and getting killed by your wife wouldn't help the kids either. You're far beneficial to your kids alive. Your wife is toxic and a threat thus should be treated as such. She has given you all the hint you may need. The heavens will not blame her when she finally make good her threat.

I feel almost every other issue is marriage is manageable, all but the threat to life.

So just find a way to be away from her primarily for your life to be preserved and for the sake of your children
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by generationz(f): 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Graxie:
My problem is that your father in-law seems to be irresponsible, I am sure your wife is also taking weed. Pray for her, God hates divorce. Continue petting her, shower her with gifts. A good man builds his home. No perfect marriage anywhere. Meanwhile, let's hear her version too, a wife can not just start carrying knife just like that that. Lest I forget, midnight prayers does wonders. Please answer some of these questions, where did you meet your wife? Didn't you notice her anger issues ? How are you sure the next woman will be better? Some of our parents endured more or are you cheating already? Please be patient with your wife, women are babies. Thanks.

You forgot to tell him to bath regular, watch war room and wear sexy boxers. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by generationz(f): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
Daviddson:
It's risky continuing that marriage, though I don't support divorce. What you need is to temporarily separate from her - maybe for 2-3 months and vow to always repeat it whenever she repeats similar behavior.

Until he is permanently separated in a coffin. grin
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by tchidi066(f): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
How person go marry threat keep for house, i always tell people, don't be blinded by love, the signs are always there doing courtship, that woman would be the dead of you, watch your back... I pray it doesn't escalate beyond the imaginable...but op, is there something you ain't telling us
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Nephilim: 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
If she threatens you with knife, threaten her with kondo and kumor (baseball bat)! Peradventure she shook, you won't die immediately, endeavor to summon all the remaining strength in you and land the kondo on her head, endeavor it shatter her skull! It is to death do you apart that's marriage 4u.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Emily22(m): 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Just like the girl I dated back den...she stabbed me with a f*cking fork.....jeez.....just imagine the pain of a 4-pin fork in your chest.....deep inside with blood popping out from four holes.

Am happy I survived that day cuz I lost a lot of blood.

The funny part is that CORNFLAKES was the cause of the whole drama....ordinary cornflakes

A day to remember

I couldn't move my left arm for a month...the pain was outta this world...

BRO, MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO TALK TO HER FIRST, IF WE ALL TRY TO IGNORE ALL DIZ DRAMA QUEEN, WHO WILL MARRY THEM. SO WE CANT IGNORE/DIVORCE THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR CROSS.

REASON WITH HER ABEG, I BELIEVE THERE ARE DAYS WHEREBY YOU WILL HAIL HER AND DAYS WHEN YOU LL BE DISAPPOINTED..

REASON WITH HER ABEG
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Belafonte(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
buknija:

We only met just 2 weeks after she got pregnant, 1 month later we were forced into marriage.
What the f^ck is this nonsense talk? They forced you into marriag. At gunpoint or what? Your story reeks of weakness, no wonder she’s bullying you

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by OKOATA(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
I stopped reading when you said she went to pick up a knife, she reminds me of my ex, girls like this can kill you while you sleep. I had an argument with my ex so I couldn't sleep in the same room with her that night. So I slept in the sitting room, the next day when she went to work I went to the room to find my lost gold chain, saw a knife under the bed and called her. She told me she kept it there because she was prepared to kee me or her the night we had that argument. My advice run like a mad dog.

Edited ** The same MJ scenerio played out to me too. My ex told all her families that I smoke weed, her brother called me that why am I smoking MJ at my age, I just told him on the phone straight to fvck off.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by crackkhaus: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Emily22:
Just like the girl I dated back den...she stabbed me with a f*cking fork.....jeez.....just imagine the pain of a 4-pin fork in your chest.....deep inside with blood popping out from four holes.

Am happy I survived that day cuz I lost a lot of blood.

The funny part is that CORNFLAKES was the cause of the whole drama....ordinary cornflakes

A day to remember

I couldn't move my left arm for a month...the pain was outta this world...

BRO, MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO TALK TO HER FIRST, IF WE ALL TRY TO IGNORE ALL DIZ DRAMA QUEEN, WHO WILL MARRY THEM. SO WE CANT IGNORE/DIVORCE THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR CROSS.

REASON WITH HER ABEG, I BELIEVE THERE ARE DAYS WHEREBY YOU WILL HAIL HER AND DAYS WHEN YOU LL BE DISAPPOINTED..

REASON WITH HER ABEG
Why did you not reason with and end up marrying the one that almost ended you with an ordinary fork?

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Emily22(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
crackkhaus:

Why did you not reason with and end up marrying the one that almost ended you with an ordinary fork?

I resemble Paul okoye. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Girlfriend is diff from wife...

U can free Ur gf...

But a wife with kids ,thats another scenario entirely
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by DavidEsq(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
OP one thing u haven't learned yet is the ability to keep ur lips sealed and whatcha the yapping. Just swallow it all. Don't frown, don't do ur face one kain, don't eye her upandan. Just keep mute and watch. Don't walk away rudely or angrily. It's an art. Do this all the time tension begins to grow, and no matter what she says. Yes, even she curse ur papa. When u get tempted to respond in like manner, just tell urself "this is no competition to win a point or an argument or prove one or the other, wrong". when she has began to notice it, it would either piss her off or she would learn to be more courteous. Whichever happens, I mean thereafter, talk to her mildly about the issue. Once she becomes argumentative and unreasonable about the issue, keep mute again. U go dey ask for my number next time, ah swear
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Graxie(f): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

You forgot to tell him to bath regular, watch war room and wear sexy boxers. grin grin
kikiki. War room is for women, I forgot bullet proof.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by DavidEsq(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

"War room". That very useless movie. That movie is everything unscriptural.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Daviddson(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

Until he is permanently separated in a coffin. grin
I gave that advise because my religious belief forbids divorce. So I think a temporary separation suffices and it can be as long as the aggrieved person desires.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by generationz(f): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
DavidEsq:

"War room". That very useless movie. That movie is everything unscriptural.

I have not watched it but I've seen people recommend it for women who complain about their marriages.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by DavidEsq(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
generationz:

I have not watched it but I've seen people recommend it for women who complain about their marriages.
Watch am na. If u no dey among those "pray against husband snatchers" club, na so so para u go dey para.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by olril17(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Graxie:
My problem is that your father in-law seems to be irresponsible, I am sure your wife is also taking weed. Pray for her, God hates divorce. Continue petting her, shower her with gifts. A good man builds his home. No perfect marriage anywhere. Meanwhile, let's hear her version too, a wife can not just start carrying knife just like that that. Lest I forget, midnight prayers does wonders. Please answer some of these questions, where did you meet your wife? Didn't you notice her anger issues ? How are you sure the next woman will be better? Some of our parents endured more or are you cheating already? Please be patient with your wife, women are babies. Thanks.
stupid African people, everything na prayer
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by olril17(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Daviddson:
I gave that advise because my religious belief forbids divorce. So I think a temporary separation suffices and it can be as long as the aggrieved person desires.
the religious belief that will end u up in a grave..
brainwashed laywer
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Karleb(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
If I were in your shoes, I'd just pack my loads that can fit into 2 bags and disappear.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Femsyn(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
It's easy to blame the woman, especially for threatening to use a weapon against her spouse. No excuse is tenable in this scenario, especially when her life is not equally threatened. No excuse!

However, when you see a woman with baseless outbursts, especially those that isn't worth it; Know the woman has something she has bottled up for a long time, and is only waiting for any flimsy excuse to trip her rage.

I feel there's a suspicion (true or false) from your spouse that shes probably yet to get a hang of. This, shes currently handling poorly.

One would want to hear her own side. Probably a neutral counsellor would help her in a relaxed mood and free to open up.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Graxie(f): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
olril17:

stupid African people, everything na prayer
Yes oh, that is the type of advice nairaland gives to battered women. So pathetic.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Auladimeji(m): 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Honestly, this man get mind ooo
someone pointed knives at you multiple times and you still have mind to close your eyes and still eat at that house
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 13, 2020
You married a psycho. I understand perfectly. I'm sure she's also pretty and could be very sweet at times.

I know one too, nice girl most times but very suspicious, insecure and with a temper. The irony of it was that she wasn't even the main chic and she knew it yet she was always suspcting me of having other girls.
Her temper was terrible and I told her that one day she might stab me in my sleep. I gave myself brain and left her.

Yours is a bit more serious because she is your wife. Notwithstanding, you need to make a tough decision between staying married and staying alive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand Of Gascooker To Purchase / Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle / Horrible Experience Living With My Relative Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.