Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

The Black African Gene - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Black African Gene (8836 Views)

igbos are the most brilliant black african race...US academic report 2015 / A Painfull Picture Of What The Whites Do To The Black African In Those Days. / Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black African Gene by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 14, 2010
john blaze asked:

blackteeth asked a question and no one is yet to answer it, can you mention on great civilisation that existed in sub-sahara africa? Most civilisation that existed in those regions were pretty much primitive and that was why when the europeans came they quickly crushed them and subdue them. Its quite unfortunate but its the hard truth, the europeans came with their guns, cannon, war ship and other artillery while the primitive africans fought them with their bows and arrows!! how the hell did we think we could defeat them,  and yet some people still talk about great african civilisation.

Sometimes I wonder what exactly guys like you learnt at school. So as you stand now, you equate civilization with guns, cannon, and warships?

Tell me, was ancient Greece a great civilization? What about the Aztecs? Ancient China? Ancient India? Babylon?  Rome?

None of these civilizations had guns, cannon, or ''artillery''. All used ''bows and arrows'',  but are regarded by every sane person on earth today as great civilizations. That you equate civilization with gun ownership and cannons is testament to your distorted conceptualization of life and existence, and your tragic mis-education.

The reason Europe was able to develop such weapons before the rest of the world  - not just Africa - has to do with their industrial revolution which started in the 1700s.

The reason it is called a revolution is that it changed dramatically the way the people in the west lived.

The Europeans/whites have not ALWAYS been industrialised. They've been around for tens of thousands of years, just like the blacks and Asians, but their industrial revolution only occurred a mere three or four hundred years ago. In historical terms, virtually yesterday!

So if the whites were some sort of 'magical', extra smart beings, why did they only just become industrialised after thousands of years of existence on this earth?

What were they waiting for?

Why did they not build computers and airplanes 3,000 years ago?

Why did they have to WAIT in their CAVES for blacks to first invent writing, invent architecture, invent mathematics, invent philosophy, invent the SCIENCES, invent even religion, and so on, and then let the blacks and Asians dominate for several thousand years from then till only a few hundred years ago?

It is obvious that something quite extraordinary happened in their society, which had absolutely nothing to do with their ''genes''.

The western industrial revolution was brought about by the development of a powerful, rich, mercantile class,  that sought to further enrich itself using the science and technological progress their geographical position had afforded them, as the crossroads of information dissemination/trade between the Orient, Africa, and the Middle East from antiquity. The mediterranean interconnectivity zone.

Africans meanwhile had become hemmed in a millenium earlier, barred from this Mediterranean crossroads.

When Africans controlled the northern coasts of the continent, in Egypt, Morroco, Algeria, Libya etc, they were at the forefront of world scientific and moral progress.  This has been recorded in numerous places and is beyond dispute.

After Africans retreated south following the Sahara drying up and relentless foreign invasions, she lost not just direct control of her lucrative trade routes to the world (which later came to be held by Arabs), but lost connection to the[i] interconnectivity zone[/i], the ancient Mediterranean 'information superhighway', a geographically determined clearing house for global progress from antiquity.

The interconnectivity zone. The sea area between Europe, Asia and Africa, has been the meeting point of trade, and exchange centre of ideas, concepts, trends, and developments for over 5,000 years. The coalescing of ideas along this route which took place over several millenia eventually resulted in an ''industrial revolution''. Africans who contributed heavily to this exchange of information from the outset, lost direct access to these channels following southward migrations caused by climatic/human factors. Their influence and participation in this global exchange  later declined to the point where they've ended up playing catch up.

So Europe's capitalist class grew wealthy, and then exploited the compendium of scientific knowledge that had accumulated in that region, to eventually advance an industrial technological revolution by the 17th century, and in the process, create weapons no one else could challenge.

So you see when you break it all down into a coherent sequence, you begin to grow out of this illusion that ''genes'' play a role in the development of regions.

To the question  'well, why did Africans not resist the invasions?', well they did for literally thousands of years. The Hyksos even ruled Egypt at one stage during the Middle Kingdom era, in 1700 BC, after famine in their country caused their armies and people to flood into Africa. The Africans drove them out a few decades later. But  centuries later, other groups, the Assyrians, the Nubians, the Greeks, the Romans, and later the Arabs, forced their way in. They always waited for moments of infighting and complacency within the African elite, before making their kill.

But complacency is the very definition of wealthy imperial states in ANY civilization.

Just look at the world today. The west has become so complacent that the nuclear weapons they built to protect themselves have now run out of their hands, with nuclear proliferation now threatening them.

Technology-wise, the west has become so complacent that China, Japan, South Korea, etc, have virtually overtaken them, with the gap set to widen.

Africa, now rid of its isolation, is now being touted as the NEXT 'China', as economies across the continent show amazing growth rates, among the fastest in the  world.

So NOTHING stays permanent on this globe. In fact history operates in a CYCLE. 

It is the natural order of things.
Re: The Black African Gene by Arosa(m): 12:25am On Dec 14, 2010
john_blaze:

blackteeth asked a question and no one is yet to answer it, can you mention on great civilisation that existed in sub-sahara africa? Most civilisation that existed in those regions were pretty much primitive and that was why when the europeans came they quickly crushed them and subdue them. Its quite unfortunate but its the hard truth, the europeans came with their guns, cannon, war ship and other artillery while the primitive africans fought them with their bows and arrows!! how the hell did we think we could defeat them,  and yet some people still talk about great african civilisation.

Benin empire etc  cool
Re: The Black African Gene by VALIDATOR: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2010
ROSSIKE:

john blaze asked:

Sometimes I wonder what exactly guys like you learnt at school. So as you stand now, you equate civilization with guns, cannon, and warships?

Tell me, was ancient Greece a great civilization? What about the Aztecs? Ancient China? Ancient India? Babylon?  Rome?

None of these civilizations had guns, cannon, or ''artillery''. All used ''bows and arrows'',  but are regarded by every sane person on earth today as great civilizations. That you equate civilization with gun ownership and cannons is testament to your distorted conceptualization of life and existence, and your tragic mis-education.

The reason Europe was able to develop such weapons before the rest of the world  - not just Africa - has to do with their industrial revolution which started in the 1700s.

The reason it is called a revolution is that it changed dramatically the way the people in the west lived.

The Europeans/whites have not ALWAYS been industrialised. They've been around for tens of thousands of years, just like the blacks and Asians, but their industrial revolution only occurred a mere three or four hundred years ago. In historical terms, virtually yesterday!

So if the whites were some sort of 'magical', extra smart beings, why did they only just become industrialised after thousands of years of existence on this earth?

What were they waiting for?

Why did they not build computers and airplanes 3,000 years ago?

Why did they have to WAIT in their CAVES for blacks to first invent writing, invent architecture, invent mathematics, invent philosophy, invent the SCIENCES, invent even religion, and so on, and then let the blacks and Asians dominate for several thousand years from then till only a few hundred years ago?

It is obvious that something quite extraordinary happened in their society, which had absolutely nothing to do with their ''genes''.

The western industrial revolution was brought about by the development of a powerful, rich, mercantile class,  that sought to further enrich itself using the science and technological progress their geographical position had afforded them, as the crossroads of information dissemination/trade between the Orient, Africa, and the Middle East from antiquity. The mediterranean interconnectivity zone.

Africans meanwhile had become hemmed in a millenium earlier, barred from this Mediterranean crossroads.

When Africans controlled the northern coasts of the continent, in Egypt, Morroco, Algeria, Libya etc, they were at the forefront of world scientific and moral progress.  This has been recorded in numerous places and is beyond dispute.

After Africans retreated south following the Sahara drying up and relentless foreign invasions, she lost not just direct control of her lucrative trade routes to the world (which later came to be held by Arabs), but lost connection to the[i] interconnectivity zone[/i], the ancient Mediterranean 'information superhighway', a geographically determined clearing house for global progress from antiquity.

The interconnectivity zone. The sea area between Europe, Asia and Africa, has been the meeting point of trade, and exchange centre of ideas, concepts, trends, and developments for over 5,000 years. The coalescing of ideas along this route which took place over several millenia eventually resulted in an ''industrial revolution''. Africans who contributed heavily to this exchange of information from the outset, lost direct access to these channels following southward migrations caused by climatic/human factors. Their influence and participation in this global exchange  later declined to the point where they've ended up playing catch up.

So Europe's capitalist class grew wealthy, and then exploited the compendium of scientific knowledge that had accumulated in that region, to eventually advance an industrial technological revolution by the 17th century, and in the process, create weapons no one else could challenge.

So you see when you break it all down into a coherent sequence, you begin to grow out of this illusion that ''genes'' play a role in the development of regions.

To the question  'well, why did Africans not resist the invasions?', well they did for literally thousands of years. The Hyksos even ruled Egypt at one stage during the Middle Kingdom era, in 1700 BC, after famine in their country caused their armies and people to flood into Africa. The Africans drove them out a few decades later. But  centuries later, other groups, the Assyrians, the Nubians, the Greeks, the Romans, and later the Arabs, forced their way in. They always waited for moments of infighting and complacency within the African elite, before making their kill.

But complacency is the very definition of wealthy imperial states in ANY civilization.

Just look at the world today. The west has become so complacent that the nuclear weapons they built to protect themselves have now run out of their hands, with nuclear proliferation now threatening them.

Technology-wise, the west has become so complacent that China, Japan, South Korea, etc, have virtually overtaken them, with the gap set to widen.

Africa, now rid of its isolation, is now being touted as the NEXT 'China', as economies across the continent show amazing growth rates, among the fastest in the  world.

So NOTHING stays permanent on this globe. In fact history operates in a CYCLE. 

It is the natural order of things.

@Rossike,
As much as i appreciate your passion on the subject, i think you are too arrogant and you find it difficult to appreciate an opposing view without resolving to insults. Such an attitude is one of the reasons why our beloved africa is still lagging behind. No matter how much you think you know, the opposing view always has some common sense too. And if you feel there is nothing of value to learn from the opposition party, at least you should appreciate his points without insulting him.please adjust yourself so that we can see that you are civilized.
Re: The Black African Gene by Defender1: 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
You people should not forget that it was the 'Cultural Elders" who sold the children of their brothers and sisters into slavery. The same Elders and their grand children "Nigerian Politicians" have now devised a new method of selling their neighbours children into slavery.

The problem now is that whereas before the slaves were taken away from their homes and fatherland now the "Nigerian Politicians" and "Corrupt Leaders" are selling both you the people and the very land itself. Lets Kill Goliath. Goliath today is made up of the elders like obj, his houseboy ibb, their gays gej and atiku and the labour prefect Buhari. Nigerians Lets Kill Goliath
Re: The Black African Gene by oyinda3(f): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
I think we are suffering from colonial mentality. Imagine the OP telling me that Europeans brought toothbrush to Africa. what is toothbrush? some cheap plastic thing that end up in the landfill contributing to global warming. making it seem as if Africans don't have an indigenous (and even more effective IMO) form of dental hygiene. Most Africans abroad will tell you that the western dentists are always amazed by our dental health.

Just because we use european tools sometimes doesn't mean they are better than ours. we have just been conditioned to believe that way. We need to stop placing westerners on a pedestrial and thinking they are superior to us. This is one of the effects of such a foolish thinking:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-567854.0.html
Re: The Black African Gene by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
Oyindaaa kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Black African Gene by aljharem(m): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
oyinda.:

I think we are suffering from colonial mentality. Imagine the OP telling me that Europeans brought toothbrush to Africa. what is toothbrush? some cheap plastic thing that end up in the landfill contributing to global warming. making it seem as if Africans don't have an indigenous (and even more effective IMO) form of dental hygiene. Most Africans abroad will tell you that the western dentists are always amazed by our dental health.

Just because we use european tools sometimes doesn't mean they are better than ours. we have just been conditioned to believe that way. We need to stop placing westerners on a pedestrial and thinking they are superior to us. This is one of the effects of such a foolish thinking:

God bless you
Re: The Black African Gene by Blackteeth(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
oyinda.:

What sort of reply is this? Are you trying to tell me that it was only TOOTHBRUSH your eyes saw in my earlier response to your comment I only used toothbrush as example to show how much the European foreigners POSITIVELY influenced the lifestyle of Africans. From the simplest things to the most sophisticated stuffs. If actually your so called indigenous form of dental hygiene is more effective than the western toothbrush and paste, why haven't you been using your indigenous method?
Re: The Black African Gene by oyinda3(f): 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
Blackteeth:

What sort of reply is this? Are you trying to tell me that it was only toothbrush your eyes saw in my earlier response to your comment I only used toothbrush as example to show how much the European foreigners POSITIVELY influenced the lifestyle of Africans. From the simplest things to the most sophisticated stuffs. If actually your so called indigenous form of dental hygiene is more effective than the western toothbrush and paste, why haven't you been using your indigenous method?

If i use chewing stick, I will be called "aje pako" I don't want to risk that. lol

anyways, yes we don't have as high GDP and what not if that's what you are obsessed with but seriously it has nothing to do with brain size. I don't know how to explain things to you except to maybe change your mindset about things.
Even the fact that europeans are "more advanced" today than 200 years ago doesn't mean that they are smarter today. In fact, in classical times,  IMO they were at their smartest with homer, socrates, and whatnot. There are just a combination of factors that go into it such as exposure to other countries and continents such as china (gun powder etc), invention of writing (also from china. but British happened to develop the printing press that made it widely available), Africa (trade in oil, minerals, labor etc) and even religious views. so i think it's a mix of social, political, evonomic, environment and even coincidental factors.
Anyways, I think that if we don't die out as a race, there's always hope to be ahead in the future. The native americans are basically extinct today even though they inhabited all of America and Australia in the past and had civilizations in the Americas. That's one way of looking at a race's success. Their ability to adapt and survive.
Re: The Black African Gene by oyinda3(f): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
what do you think of other races besides blacks and whites anyways?

what do you think of native americans, south east asians, latin americans, pacific asians, indians, etc.
Re: The Black African Gene by Arosa(m): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
Guys can we now talk about what the Europeans did in their past that made them more technologically advanced than us today. what should we do to surpass them or beat them. thank you please.
Re: The Black African Gene by oyinda3(f): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
Arosa:

Guys can we now talk about what the Europeans did in their past that made them more technologically advanced than us today. what should we do to surpass them or beat them. thank you please.

There is something called the demographic transition theory that says that "underdeveloped" will have to pass through a industrialization phase before we can become more "developed" china and india are currently in this industrialization phase and europe and America went through theirs in the 1800s and earlier 1900s.
So my guess is that after China and India have passed their industrialized phase, we will be the next. I think that we probably won't have it now since we won't be able to compete with China and India who have already started ahead of us and developed the industry.

That's one theory of mine. What do you think?
overall though, i think these stuff anyways are bullocks. I think things will happen when it will happen (maybe influenced by my religious views).
I'm not a fan of industrialization for some reason. lol all i can think of are heavily polluted streets and what not (china is currently going through this). maybe we should think about how we can skip that step. lol
Re: The Black African Gene by Arosa(m): 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2010
oyinda.:

There is something called the demographic transition theory that says that "underdeveloped" will have to pass through a industrialization phase before we can become more "developed" china and india are currently in this industrialization phase and europe and America went through theirs in the 1800s and earlier 1900s.
So my guess is that after China and India have passed their industrialized phase, we will be the next. I think that we probably won't have it now since we won't be able to compete with China and India who have already started ahead of us and developed the industry.

overall though, i think these stuff anyways are bullocks. I think things will happen when it will happen (maybe influenced by my religious views).
I'm not a fan of industrialization for some reason. lol all i can think of are heavily polluted streets and what not (china is currently going through this). maybe we should think about how we can skip that step. lol
I agree with you on the industrialization phase. But I cant add anything to that now. will have to do my research first. The British Victorian era will be the best case study I think. i will be back. LOL
Re: The Black African Gene by Blackteeth(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
oyinda.:

If i use chewing stick, I will be called "aje pako" I don't want to risk that. lol

anyways, yes we don't have as high GDP and what not if that's what you are obsessed with but seriously it has nothing to do with brain size. I don't know how to explain things to you except to maybe change your mindset about things.
Even the fact that europeans are "more advanced" today than 200 years ago doesn't mean that they are smarter today. In fact, in classical times,  IMO they were at their smartest with homer, socrates, and whatnot. There are just a combination of factors that go into it such as exposure to other countries and continents such as china (gun powder etc), invention of writing (also from china. but British happened to develop the printing press that made it widely available), Africa (trade in oil, minerals, labor etc) and even religious views. so i think it's a mix of social, political, evonomic, environment and even coincidental factors.
Anyways, I think that if we don't die out as a race, there's always hope to be ahead in the future. The native americans are basically extinct today even though they inhabited all of America and Australia in the past and had civilizations in the Americas. That's one way of looking at a race's success. Their ability to adapt and survive.

Are you saying that Africans haven't been exposed enough to other countries and cultures?? If you look at it that way then it means we should be far ahead. Considering the fact that Africans have been jetting out of the continent and deported back massively.

I wish the success of a race depends on adaptability and survival. Africa has withstood centuries of all sorts of inflictions and survived. This case wouldn't have been debated.  

oyinda.:

what do you think of other races besides blacks and whites anyways?

what do you think of native americans, south east asians, latin americans, pacific asians, indians, etc.

This discussion is centered on the three MAJOR DISTINCT races. Those you mentioned above are sub races.

Arosa:

We know what to do, but we wouldn't do it.

oyinda.:

Now you are beginning to make sense. In fact this is the first good attempt by anyone to challenge the title of this thread. This is the kind of stuff you should have said earlier on rather than those things you were typing. But the problem here is that TIME IS RUNNING OUT. Weren't we created the same time with the rest of the developing and developed world? probably we were created first before them. Why should we be the last to reach the industrialization phase?
Re: The Black African Gene by oyinda3(f): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
we haven't been as exposed as european countries who went on voyages and explorations. Besides, our contact with europeans became our downfall since their mindset was more to plunder and conquer. We have been in contact with Middle east previously and we were trading with them on more equal terms.

I do not know what you mean by distinct races. it's all a social construct. categorized partially based on population. Native americans for example are neither white nor black nor asian!!!! The had THREE continents to themselves in the past but are mostly gone now so "scientists" are wary of classifying them as a race of it's own. now we lump them under asians.  The races with less population will of course not be considered a race by those creating those categories. races and sub races get extinct all the time!!!
Even in Africa, some sub-races have become kinda extinct: pygmies, khoisan etc. With the Bantu advancing into the interiors of Africa.
so i do think adapting and surviving is part of success. it all depends on the lens you look at it through

Now you are beginning to make sense. In fact this is the first good attempt by anyone to challenge the title of this thread. This is the kind of stuff you should have said earlier on rather than those things you were typing. But the problem here is that TIME IS RUNNING OUT. Weren't we created the same time with the rest of the developing and developed world? probably we were created first before them. Why should we be the last to reach the industrialization phase?

If this is the response you were looking for, obviously you didn't phrase your topic or question correctly. What has "black gene" or biology got to do with a model that's mostly economic and political in nature?

anyways, I don't think "time is running out." where is time running to?
Just because we were created "first" doesn't mean we should be ahead in terms of industrialization. lol Industrialization is just one small period in human history. human history is HUGE. with ups and downs for many races. industrialization is nothing.
humans only live a couple of decades compared to the millenas of human history!!!  is that why you say time is running out? because you want to live to see Nigeria be the #1 global empire or something. lol srry that's probably not going to happen. it might take years or even centuries for that to come to pass.
but something I believe is that Nigeria's large population will help it out somewhat in the future. Even though westerners make us believe that a large population is a burden. IMO, it can be a blessing too.

---

edit:
Just stumbled across this. Its an example of a proof that population size/ growth is a criteria for "development."
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-567804.0.html#msg7337802
Re: The Black African Gene by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
VALIDATOR SAID;

@Rossike,
As much as i appreciate your passion on the subject, i think you are too arrogant and you find it difficult to appreciate an opposing view without resolving to insults. Such an attitude is one of the reasons why our beloved africa is still lagging behind.

Absolute rubbish. ''Our beloved Africa is lagging behind'' because we still have thoughtless idiots among us questioning if we are in fact human beings!!!

Even when they are given pages and pages of explanation, from history through anthropology and economics, they shut their ears to it all and insist we are sub-human!

And we are expected to be NICE to them??

Are you out of your mind?

Sorry, but I am not here to be ''civil'' to such people. I have seen too much racism in my time to tolerate the same filthy, sick garbage emanating from people who supposedly should know better.

Like someone said above, by raising questions normally associated with the KKK, neo nazis, and white supremacist skinheads, such ''Africans'' are in fact ENEMIES of the continent and have a priori racially insulted all of US.

They don't get a pass just because they claim to be blacks or Nigerians. Just because they pose as blacks does not mean they get to come in here and start threads that racially demean black Africans. 

In my view, such people, if indeed they are blacks, are an affront and an embarassment to the continent, and a complete WASTE of post-colonial African expenditure on mass education, who deserve ZERO respect.

Thank you.
Re: The Black African Gene by VALIDATOR: 8:59am On Dec 15, 2010
^^^,
guy, u dey vexxxxx oooooo. grin grin
Re: The Black African Gene by AlphaNgr: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2010
Well many interesting points espoused on this thread, and i must say some rather uninformed points. So let me voice my personal opinion;
First and foremost we take it as a pretty universal given that civilization exploded out of Africa into the far reaches of the world. Now of course this will be disputed by those who have little to gain from this fact and quite right too as humans in general are self serving and hypocritical, again my own opinion and of course does not apply to every single human on the planet.
Given this singular fact it is quite clear that the human species originate from a small group of people in Africa notably the San. This may or may not be correct, but given our modern day technology this is the earliest link we can trace.
All humans on the planet have 23 chromosomes and each chromosome hold between 900 and 1100 genes, which means the gene pool is around 24000 in number. So you see the only way you could classify any human on the planet as being a different race is if one of the above does not hold true.
All the genes do, is help us to adapt in order to survive our surroundings in combatting disease and the elements.
My point is this; If we trace the mitochondrial DNA of any human on the planet it will trace back to one tribe in Africa, this is just fact, it is not disputed amongst eminent scientist in private; in public it is a hard pill to swallow, especially if you don't like black people as it amounts to self hate.
So as i see it, Africans have been extremely successful in colonizing the planet and spreading the original gene pool far and wide and adapting to suit the conditions they find themselves in.
So you see white people are white on the outside but can only ever be black on the inside, and sometimes, when they stay in the sun too long, they become black on the outside too. Southern europeans still retain the gene to protect them from the sun. Northern europeans don't need this gene so it's become recessive and so it continues all around the world genes detaching and attaching to gain the perfect balance. If you look at the melanin gene in white people it's there but detached. Theres no hiding from your genes i'm afraid so all of you be proud. One other thing industrialization just for the sake of it cannot be a good thing, little story.
The big CEO of a fortune 500 company in a little fishing village speaking to a fisherman.

CEO: so what do you do all day
Fisherman: I go out in the morning catch a few fish for the family, my wife cooks and i spend all day with the kids
CEO: Why don't you catch a few more take them to the market and make a bit more money
Fisherman: Then what.
CEO: With the money you get, in one year you can buy a little boat:
Fisherman Then what
CEO: You can buy two boats and catch more fish
Fisherman: Then what
CEO: You can buy a medium sized boat and catch more fish
CEO: You can keep doing the same thing until you can afford a factory ship where you could sail to far away places and catch huge amounts of fish.Then you'd be so rich you wouldn't have to work anymore and could spend all day with your family
Fisherman: How long would this take.
CEO: 15 to 20 year depending on how hard you worked
Fisherman: Oh right i see, i' spend all day with my family now, tell me, what's your point?
CEO: I have a plane to catch, i need to see my kids, grin

QED

1 Like

Re: The Black African Gene by tpia1: 2:16am On Dec 28, 2010
After Africans retreated south following the Sahara drying up and relentless foreign invasions, she lost not just direct control of her lucrative trade routes to the world (which later came to be held by Arabs), but lost connection to the interconnectivity zone, the ancient Mediterranean 'information superhighway', a geographically determined clearing house for global progress from antiquity.

well, you might have a point here.

could be worth looking into sometime.
Re: The Black African Gene by Horus(m): 9:51am On Mar 14, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp8B6sCU6go&feature=related[/flash]

Splendid video and a Masterpiece. Please watch 100% of the video and know the facts.
Re: The Black African Gene by PeterM: 3:18am On Apr 29, 2012
Alpha Ngr: Well many interesting points espoused on this thread, and i must say some rather uninformed points. So let me voice my personal opinion;
First and foremost we take it as a pretty universal given that civilization exploded out of Africa into the far reaches of the world. Now of course this will be disputed by those who have little to gain from this fact and quite right too as humans in general are self serving and hypocritical, again my own opinion and of course does not apply to every single human on the planet.
Given this singular fact it is quite clear that the human species originate from a small group of people in Africa notably the San. This may or may not be correct, but given our modern day technology this is the earliest link we can trace.
All humans on the planet have 23 chromosomes and each chromosome hold between 900 and 1100 genes, which means the gene pool is around 24000 in number. So you see the only way you could classify any human on the planet as being a different race is if one of the above does not hold true.
All the genes do, is help us to adapt in order to survive our surroundings in combatting disease and the elements.
My point is this; If we trace the mitochondrial DNA of any human on the planet it will trace back to one tribe in Africa, this is just fact, it is not disputed amongst eminent scientist in private; in public it is a hard pill to swallow, especially if you don't like black people as it amounts to self hate.
So as i see it, Africans have been extremely successful in colonizing the planet and spreading the original gene pool far and wide and adapting to suit the conditions they find themselves in.
So you see white people are white on the outside but can only ever be black on the inside, and sometimes, when they stay in the sun too long, they become black on the outside too. Southern europeans still retain the gene to protect them from the sun. Northern europeans don't need this gene so it's become recessive and so it continues all around the world genes detaching and attaching to gain the perfect balance. If you look at the melanin gene in white people it's there but detached. Theres no hiding from your genes i'm afraid so all of you be proud. One other thing industrialization just for the sake of it cannot be a good thing, little story.
The big CEO of a fortune 500 company in a little fishing village speaking to a fisherman.

CEO: so what do you do all day
Fisherman: I go out in the morning catch a few fish for the family, my wife cooks and i spend all day with the kids
CEO: Why don't you catch a few more take them to the market and make a bit more money
Fisherman: Then what.
CEO: With the money you get, in one year you can buy a little boat:
Fisherman Then what
CEO: You can buy two boats and catch more fish
CEO: You can buy a medium sized boat and catch more fish
CEO: You can keep doing the same thing until you can afford a factory ship where you could sail to far away places and catch huge amounts of fish.Then you'd be so rich you wouldn't have to work anymore and could spend all day with your family
Fisherman: How long would this take.
CEO: 15 to 20 year depending on how hard you worked
Fisherman: Oh right i see, i' spend all day with my family now, tell me, what's your point?
CEO: I have a plane to catch, i need to see my kids, grin

QED

Brilliant post hah. And at end that's true. Black and white paradign I'll talk about it in my next reply though I'm late to add anything in what you said. Just some extra science.
Re: The Black African Gene by PeterM: 3:37am On Apr 29, 2012
Blackteeth: This is Brownteeth. I was banned two days ago, so here I am with a new ID.

@Koruji. Am yet to believe that all of humanity came from Africa. And there has been no concrete proof to show that. If they are saying that it was a change in environment that made the blacks who migrated from Africa to other regions of the world to have a white skin, pointed nose, straight hair and all that, Why are the blacks in foreign lands at present not transforming to whites or Asians in their host countries? Saying that blacks transformed to whites is like saying that human beings transformed to monkeys cos the began to spend more time on top of trees. Besides who among us is an eye witness to the black to white transformation? NOBODY!! Forget those stories.

@ROSSIKE. First of all do try to make your comments as short as possible to enable an easy and quick grasp of the message you intend passing across. I think you depend so much on the history books without using your brain to question the things you read. Those things you wrote there may be true but I am still trying to let you know that the Egyptian Africans who played those roles thousands of years are not the same as the Africans we have today spread across Sub Saharan Africa. If actually they were the same, that knowledge of civilization should have been passed to the later generations. But it didn't happen cos when the Europeans visited Africa, Africans were stark illiterates. That knowledge should NEVER have escaped like that. But the fact is those things you mentioned are all history. It's time for us to focus on the present age.

I asked you to explain how the TEACHER EVENTUALLY BECAME AN ILLITERATE AND HAD TO BE MADE LITERATE BY THE STUDENT HE TAUGHT, but you brushed it aside.

Anyway, the main thing is whether Africa ushered in civilization or not, it still doesn't change the fact that Africans are presently backward and the focal question is why are they backward? I think you have been beating about the bush with your history book. This is the question you should answer straight away. Don't tell me slave trade or colonization please because Africans have had enough time to fix the damage.

Unfortunately people like you who are speeching smartness based in other's people merits have no clue have no clue what's around you. Everyone when talking with black africans loves to highlight the backward* negatively* and white europeans are positive*, forward and even with all your so called intellect by nature, you have no idea what humanity and this universe is about.

Black people have no need to prove that they are smarter than white people. Your argument ends here. Secondly, This universe is based in negative and positive particles with everything so 'til the moment being origined from a different of universal potential. As far many of the greastest westerners, with mixed heritage or not, have being saying, you all also came from a nothingness. I work with Software Development and I still find it incredibly ridiculous how nobody knows it but "white science". heh.

Therefore, the nature, dark energy or vaccum and thing related to black cosmos is directly related to black africans. Plain and Simple. Black people have no need to explain their natural behavior in the world, you guys are wasting time arguing with types like this one "Brownteeth" which merely is a blinder hater spammer. He no even know what backward and foward, positive and negative means in a molecular, spatial and substantially organic level. Blacks were done to converse energy to the point it is backward or negative. It also sustain the cosmos kid. Positive energy as seem in humans require tons of energy to keep that that way. And that's exactly what white humans in particular have been doing in the world for the last milleniums. You can't keep your positive only world because it will fall. You will run to blacks trying to loot and corrupt black african's resources and natural behavior's as human. Becareful because if the cosmos get sick and understood it, I don't think life as in earth will be possible, anymore.

Tip.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Moves Against Tompolo Order EFCC To Freeze His Account / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning / Geoffrey Bawa Shitgurum Is An Ex-Convict, Now PDP Governorship Aspirant - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.