Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy (1597 Views)

New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation / The Glories Of Heaven / Forced Celibacy The Cause Of Homosexuality In The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2007
Continence is the greatest Wealth (Pythagoras)

Blessed and Glorious is one who has Vowed to observe celibacy for the rest of his life! Twice blessed and glorious is he who sincerely struggles to uproot lust and attain real purity! Thrice blessed and glorious is he who has completely conquered lust and attained pure devotional service! All glories,all glories,all glories to such Victorious souls!May they forever inspire us.

1 Like

Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by TellyB(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2007
BillGatesFan:

All glories,all glories,all glories to such Victorious souls!May they forever inspire us.

#1. There are no such souls - how did they get here in the first place if their parents were celibates?

#2. If they were to inspire us, you and I would not even be here in the first place - that is, again if our parents were celibates.

#3. Some have the gift of celibacy; and others do not (Matt. 19:12). But that does not make them more victorious than those who are Spirit-filled and Spirit-led in service to God.
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2007
@Telly B: Thanks for your contribution,but don't you think is not easy to be celibate in the face of our modern day ladies and the way they dress?
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by TellyB(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2007
@BillGatesFan,

Lol, I know it is not easy. It hasn't been easy at all right from Eden (go ask Adam before they ate the fruit!) grin

However, it is not out of convenience or the difficulty of men holding the "middle region" intact that one should call for celibacy!

True, the ladies swinging and all that drama will make any bishop or imam stir in their graves (oops, pardon me). But true victory is not defined in terms of celibacy or any other austere measures. It is actully holding firm the heart in true commitment to God even in the midst of a sensuous crowd. Amen? Amen! cheesy
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2007
@ Telly B: Yeah I think your right there,but don't you think that a real christian should be celibate just like our Lord JESUS christ? after all jesus preached and said that if we love him we should follow his foot step grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2007
and mind you if Adam were to be alive to see what we are seeing today he caould have commited more Sin before the Lord grin
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2007
only one woman he fail, what could he have done if he was in the mist of this multitudes daughters of Eve shocked shocked shocked shocked

permit me to ask you, which church do you go to ? you sound abit religious you know? I hope your a real follower of your God??
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by TellyB(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2007
Hehe, @BillGatesFan.

You're dead on spot! Jesus was celibate; but He also recognized that not everyone could possibly be celibate as well (Matt. 19:12).

As for following his footsteps, I'm trying, bro. . . I'm trying ever so hard. Em, just that when He spoke of taking my Cross and following Him, I wonder how many days I'd have to be in the grave before the angels come roll away the stone for me - that is, if I'm lucky to have escaped the brutal lashes of the Roman soldiers!!  grin cheesy

BillGatesFan:

and mind you if Adam were to be alive to see what we are seeing today he caould have commited more Sin before the Lord grin

Well, that could be true as far as human conjectures go. If I were to pick for dear papa Adam, I'd ask him to first start in Lagos! grin

BillGatesFan:

only one woman he fail, what could he have done if he was in the mist of this multitudes daughters of Eve shocked shocked shocked shocked

Do you remember that Isaiah said 7 women shall take hold of 1 man in the endtime?? (Isaiah 4:1). The gents have more to contain than what transpired in Eden. I sometimes amuse myself with the silly thought that it is no wonder God drove Adam out of Eden before his kids turned certain cool shaded areas of the Garden into their red light districts!! grin

BillGatesFan:

permit me to ask you, which church do you go to ? you sound abit religious you know? I hope your a real follower of your God??

I'm a bit of a religious person still growing in the Lord. Often I fellowship with Calvary Chapel, but sometimes attend the churches my friends. cheesy

Anyway, I do appreciate your posts. Great to read from you.
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by BillGatesFan(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2007
Telly B: Your really very funny, how can papa Adam come stay in Lagos? Do you want Lagos to be the modern day EDEN? Men that won't be bad after all Naija deserve it, been a very religious Nation.

About this:
Do you remember that Isaiah said 7 women shall take hold of 1 man in the endtime?? (Isaiah 4:1).

Telly B, I can't wait to experience that time oooo that is if we are still alive till then, I will personally refuse to touch all those girls of today who are so proud of them selves. grin grin grin grin

When Jesus said we should carry our cross and follow him he means to say that we should do away with all our material opulences and practice austerity like himself celibacy included, so you se that celibacy is a very important step towards God realisation?

I post something that might interest you,still on religion, title: WHICH MANTRA- PRAYERS is best for you
Re: The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy by TellyB(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2007
@BillGatesFan,

grin In my superfluous opinion, papa Adam should have moved to the spot that defines Lagos. You won't believe how many people who have no idea of Nigeria as a country still yet are well-acquainted with Lagos! grin

Now, the Isaiah 4:1 issue - hmmm, could we precipitate the endtimes so that we're closer to it than preachers would have us believe?? Any suggestions, pal? grin Meanwhile, if you're caught with your trousers down when Jesus comes, my hand no dey!

I've taken a peep at the Mantra and will need time to collect my thoughts and make meaningful inputs.

Enjoy! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Official Thread Of Calvary Army Ministries, Ejigbo, Lagos / I Have No Private Jet Yet, Says Sam Adeyemi. / Derren Brown Exposes Leg Lengthening Trick Played By Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.