Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances (4552 Views)

Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn / National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by andyanders: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2010
DO YOU THINK THEY ARE REPRESENTING YOU? YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE LEGIISLATING ANYTHING? YOU ARE WRONG. THIS IS HOUSE OF ROGUES AND HOUSE OF CRIMINALS. TELL ME THE LAW THEY WERE ABLE TO LEGISLATE. THE ONLY LAW THEY PASS IS ON HOW TO LOOTH THE TREASURY. IF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY " SORRY "ROGUES"SHOULD ASK THE CBN GOVERNOR TO RESIGN OR DISTURB HIM, THE WHOLE NATION WITH LABOUR SHOULD EMBARK ON NATIONAL STRIKE AND LET BOTH HOUSE OF REPS AND ASSEMBLY BE THROWN OUT. THEY ARE THERE TO STEAL
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by olaolabiy: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2010
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by beeman80: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
Ujujoan:

Does this 'vote' not pass through a sort of approval from the executive? Or do they just go ahead and implement without consultations?  undecided
Good question.These people should stop acting smart and give us answers.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by anonimi: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Xstrataco: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
Nigerians shd take notice of the fact this same national assembly that has brought so much misery,raping,shame etc on the citizenry has been  the beautiful bride of our so called messianic and divine president;governance in this country has now virtually been reduced to nocturnal meetings between this brood of vipers all in the name of pdp presidential primary,is it not terrible that in all the cocktail of illegalities and corruption going on among the legislators,the president has not said a word?,then of what essence of being a president in this circumstance if not to satisfy one man selfish ambition and and possibly obssesion to ride roughshod on strategic aggreements? or possibly to certify an ethnic agenda while at the same castigate opponents for being ethnic or primordial.GEJ is the most puerile,primordial ,clueeless and cunny president this country has produced,i know blinded fools here will want me crucified but time shall tell.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by hackney(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
How come its possible to collect more than stipulated allowance amounts in the 1st place? ? ? ?
tufiakwa.

Lets carry on closing the stable doors after the horses have bolted.
No wonder others think we are monkeys.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by violent(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
No wonder others think we are monkeys

Oh well, aren't monkey's smarter?. . .its really disturbing that no one saw it fit to talk about this all along.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2010
passyjango:

It is not only the President that should check the NASS, but all of us. Because we are irresponsible, indifferent, cowards, and ignorant, we allow some bunch of money gluttons to milk us dry. The constitution empowers us to recall this people if they go against our will but have we exercised those rights? We are probably waiting for Holy Ghost fire to help us. Although I am not a supporter of JEG, but I believe that we can do more to redeem the situation than Jonathan. I do not even think they should be earning up to N700,000 monthly, after all how many of them were earning more than N200,000 monthly before they entered the NASS.

Absolutely Right!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by rasputinn(m): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2010
[size=16pt]Oh those LEGISLOOTERS[/size]
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Benjacky: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2010
Let us know thier phone numbers so that we can start giving them Aondoaka London treatment. We have to start somewhere not just talking talking
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by ifyegede(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
One question that never ceases 2 bother me is: where is organised labour, civil right organisations, youth & student movements while all this looting of collective treasury? Whatever happened 2 strikes, picketting, civil disobedience, protest march e.t.c. Nigerians are a bunch of passive citizens hence dis situation.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by ifyegede(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2010
One question that never ceases 2 bother me is: where is organised labour, civil right organisations, youth & student movements while all this looting of collective treasury? Whatever happened 2 strikes, picketting, civil disobedience, protest march e.t.c. Nigerians are a bunch of passive citizens hence dis situation.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Pharoh: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
ifyegede:

They are only there to fight for salary increase and fuel prices.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by ollypass: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
ifyegede:

The truth is beyond making post on forums like this, the only arms the common man is left with is listed above, organised labour should demand transparency and consequently accountability of these politicians or ground the economy to a halt while instigating an all out war from the citizens against all public office holders who have been found wanting (one would think the kidnappers were even doing a public service till it became petty), but then i guess we live in a country where every one still answers His/Her father's name.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by hackney(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
ifyegede:

Well, the leaders of these bodies know what happens to them when they stage protests.
when its all quiet, these looters will have their bodyguards (the nigerian police) arrest them and they
are flogged mercilessly on their nyashes in the cells.

By the time their nyashes are on fire for 2weeks they will never dream of organising protests again.

And people here and elsewhere wont even know what had happened to them.
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Kilode1: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
Faeb:

The fault is in the useless constitution we inherited from the army. It has nothing to do with the President or the Executive.
How can the President stop those who can sack him, but who he can't sack? The only way is to go the masses and explain matters to them. We are the only checks and balances against the NA SS. [b]Nothing will happen until we take to the streets and threaten revolution.[/b]Now it has been made known to us through a coordinated move by the finance bosses. What are we ready to do about it?

Those are the real issues bro! well said!

So Tukur expect Nigerians to believe that we was simply unaware of the looting? LOL

That is absolute dishonesty but, I'm not surprised, Tukur is from the same generation of backward thinking looters.

Tukur chaired the RMAFC for years! but failed to address the looting like he was empowered to, now he wants to play to the gallery.  

I believe the RMAFC was established as a permanent independent commission and empowered to act without cowering to any institution or body except the constitution?!

I got this from a website that is clearly sympathetic to RMAFC under Tukur;

"The Commission is an autonomous body and is not subject to the direction or control of any other authority or person in the exercise of its power to make appointments or to exercise disciplinary control over persons"

With the present democratic institutions in place, the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other enabling laws empower the Commission to:

a.  Monitor the accruals into and disbursement of revenue from the Federation Account.

b. Review, from time to time, the revenue allocation formula and principles in operation to ensure conformity with changing realities;

c. Advise the Federal, State and Local Governments on fiscal efficiency and methods by which their revenue is to be increased.

d. Determine the remuneration appropriate to political office holders.

http://www.yashuaib.com/rmafc.htm

Here's another report accusing the commission of bias, influence peddling and outright manipulation. http://allafrica.com/stories/201008050613.html

The new chairman will most probably do nothing. Nothing will change until Nigerians start fighting for change. . .
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by andyanders: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
I THINK THE YOUTHS OF NIGERIA ARE NOT THINKING ABOUT THEIR FUTURE. THE UNIVERSITY [b]STUDENTS CANT EVEN THINK ABOUT THEIR FUTURE. WHERE ARE YOUR NATIONAL LEADERS? WHY MUST YOU STUDENTS ALLOW THE NATTIONAL ASSEMBLIES AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTIVES TO BE DRAINING YOUR FUTURE? WHY? WHY CANT YOU GUYS GO TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES TO DEMAND FOR YOUR FUTURE? WHY MUST YOU GUYS ALLOW THESE USELESS OLD FOLKS TO BE STEALING WHAT YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHERS LABOURED FOR? WHY CANT YOU GUYS STOP EVEN THE NATIONAL YOUTHS SERVICE BECAUSE YOUR LEADERS HAS NEVER CARED FOR YOUTHS. WHY MUST YOU SERVE A NATION THAT NEVER PAID FOR YOUR SCHOOL FEES? WHY? I ASK AGAIN WHY THE YOUTHS? TAKE UP YOUR PEN AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS. GO TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND HOUSE OF REPS AND PARALIZE THEIR WORK. THEY HAVE MORTGADGED YOUR FUTURE. WHY MUST YOU SERVE, I ASKE AGAIN? DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FUTURE? THE INITIAL PLAN OF THE SERVICE HAS BEEN DEFEATED. STOP TEH NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE AND DEMAND FOR YOUR RIGHT AS THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND HOUSE OF REP HAS STOLEN YOUR MONEY AND YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A FUTURE. UNLESS YOU ACT NOW, YOUR FUTURE CAN NEVER BE GAURANTEED.[/b]
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by bkbabe97y(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
Nigerians, being the disgusting cowards they are, deserve the treatment they are getting!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by TippyTop(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Nigerians, being the disgusting cowards they are, deserve the treatment they are getting!

And what nationality are you if I may ask?  I mean a citizen of?
Nigga please.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by violent(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2010
Tippy Top:

And what nationality are you if I may ask?  I mean a citizen of?
Nigga please.

PEACE OUT!!!

I am sure you'd get a detailed response soon enough, watch this space!!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Remii(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2010
Orikinla:

Tukur is a joker.

Did the lawmakers employ themselves?

Who approved their salaries?

They are employed by their respective constituencies through election
They appropriate and approve their own salaries and allowances.
GEJ once said on national tv that he could not regulate their pay since they are legislatures and he is an executive, so by rule of separation of powers, he could only appeal to them on personal grounds.
The fact is the Nigerian federal legislatures are have become some sort of "Ogonis" in the Old Oyo Empire, "above the law".
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by TippyTop(m): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2010
violent:

I am sure you'd get a detailed response soon enough, watch this space!!!

Am quaking in my boots.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by TippyTop(m): 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
@legendprac

I have work for you sir, check it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=562914.msg7283805#msg7283805

More biz will come your way when you finish with the above.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Alxmyr(m): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2010
*A Nigerian Senators Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.50.
*Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70
*Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00
*Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50
*Newspaper allowance @ 50% - N1,242,122.70
*Wardrobe allowance @ 25% - N621,061.37
*Recess Allowance@ 10%: - N248,424.55
*Accommodation @ 200% - N4,968,509.00.
*Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
*Domestic Staff @ 35% - N863,184.12.
*Entertainment @ 30% - N828,081.83.
*Personal Assistance @ 25% - N621,061.37.
*Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% - N1,863,184.12.
*Leave Allowance @10% - N248,424.55.
*One off payments (As advised by SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @ 300% - N7,452,736.50
*Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS - N9,936,982.00 - Every Four Years
*Senators Salary per month. - N2,456,647.7
****Total = N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N 3,264,329,264. 10
*****Salary U.S. President: $250,000/yr.
*****GDP U.S. . Economy: $13Trillion/ yr.
*****Allowance Nig. Senator: $1,500,000/yr
*****GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/yr.
*****And they want more, they want N30m every month!!!!
SAY NO TO THIS OPEN LOOTING OF NIGERIA , LETS PASS this around
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by sley4life(m): 11:18am On Dec 07, 2010
this is outrageous
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Koikoi(m): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2010
Save Nigeria Group (SNG), pls hear this!
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2010
The fault is in the useless constitution we inherited from the army. It has nothing to do with the President or the Executive.
How can the President stop those who can sack him, but who he can't sack? The only way is to go the masses and explain matters to them. We are the only checks and balances against the NASS. Nothing will happen until we take to the streets and threaten revolution.

Now it has been made known to us through a coordinated move by the finance bosses. What are we ready to do about it?

This very direct post is the best solution, dialog wont get us far with these crooks
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2010
Whilst the common man toils hard for close to 5-7 days a week.

Most of the three days spent sitting consists of chair throwing WWE style, shouting matches and unintelligible ramblings.

Nigeria needs to wake up. pls o embarassed
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by shark2last(m): 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2010
The only way this country can move forward is when there is revolution.Nigeria has been like this because we don't want war and always believe everything will be done just by doing nothing.no amount of shouting and ranting is going to stop this. Corruption in Nigeria is just like a cancer cell and it's spreading daily into all spheres of life.
The only way to move forward is to say no to the excesses of our leaders,we youths need to fight for our right not by words alone bt we must be ready to secure our futures else ,
wouldn't it be better if we are still under colonial leadership, mschew
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Abayomin70(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2010
people are really sucking dis country dry one day everybody shall account for all is doing in life
Re: Tukur Asks Lawmakers To Refund ‘illegal’ Allowances by Reference(m): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
Well I think change is only possible by those on the losing end and this is the political dynamic that has been haunting Nigeria. Power corrupts so you get more power. The assembly has grown in power and wealth proportionately. This is expected. Make life difficult for the executive arm and get money in return.

It will take the moral will of a highly disgruntled section of this country to effect change and only if that section is immune to the money bug. All current activism (save for tanker drivers) revolves around money so how can you effect change. Are we willing to resist salary increases and inflation infested stipends to force their hands on more pertinent matters such as the preservation of our collective wealth.

Militancy is defeated by money. Lecturers - money, students - money, unions - money, doctors - money. The national assembly is simply singing from the same hymn sheet. No one exercises his or her powers for the 'greater good'. Though great is his complaint, the fellow speaking is doing so because he is no longer there. Sanusi who spoke a few days ago has the purse strings of Nigeria under his watch. He can send a memo and place a wedge. After all these monies are earned and payed through banks he controls. But he can do nothing. We can do nothing because we all like money and they (the powers that be) know it.

We seriously need a moral renewal in this country. No constitution or institution can renew the mind as there is no such thing as an unbreakable lock. And because the locksmith is enticed by what lies in the vault it makes me believe sometimes that this country cannot be salvaged.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Crisis Deepens As Ekweremadu Blasts Gulak, Jonathan’s Aide / Why Is Buhari Beating Jonathan Here? / Who Is Che Guevara?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.