Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,411 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Oyinlola’s Thanksgiving Service Revisited - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola’s Thanksgiving Service Revisited (606 Views)

Wike & His Wife Eberechi At Rivers State Government Thanksgiving Service(photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Holds A Thanksgiving Service In Port Harcourt (PHOTOS) / Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyinlola’s Thanksgiving Service Revisited by LocalChamp: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2010
Oyinlola’s Thanksgiving Service Revisited

Posted: December 6, 2010 - 13:52

By Joe Igbokwe
On Sunday December 5 2010, eminent PDP members from South West and other parts of Nigeria including former President Obasanjo, Governor Alao Akala of Oyo State, Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State, and friends of Oyinlola gathered at St Michael’s Anglican Church Okuku Osun State to felicitate with Mr Olagunsoye Oyinlola after being disgraced out of office for stealing Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s mandate for almost four years.

I understand it was a special thanksgiving service for the disgraced ‘Governor’ after almost eight years in office. I have no problem with that. Oyinlola is free to celebrate his life, and his loot after all this is Nigeria. This is Nigeria where offenders are celebrated and the innocent put in jail. This is a country where criminals, looters and murderers wear coveted gold medals and sit among decent men and women. This is a country where the country’s 20th eleven sit in exalted offices and decide what happens to the rejected and dejected first eleven. This is a country where the blind does the work of those with eyes. This is country where monumental electoral fraud has been established in Anambra, Rivers, Edo, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Delta, Cross River States and others and yet we have not been able to arrest and prosecute one electoral officer for fraud since 1999. I can go on and on.

Again, Oyinlola is free to thank God for stealing votes, maiming and killing people of Osun State for four years with impunity but my grouse is the Sermon that was preached during the service. Who preached the Sermon at the thanksgiving service? What was the message? What is the name of the Vicar of St Michael’s Anglican Church Okuku? Did he know the circumstances that led to Oyinlola’s removal? If he knows what did he say? It is important that we know what the preacher said just for the record purposes.

There are thousands and thousands of Churches and Mosques in Nigeria and yet this nation is going down. They preach to us every Sunday and every Friday and yet this nation is still moving round and round like the Barber’s chair without motion. Something must be wrong somewhere. Under our very eyes we see the so-called men of God winning and dinning with people who are our problem in Nigeria. They see nothing and hear nothing. Everything is business. It is cash and carry, it is pay me, and I pray for you, and it is money for hand and prayers for you no matter who you are. When religious leaders and men of conscience compromise in any nation, that nation is finished.

Our political office holders who are betraying and destroying Nigeria are not alone. They have their cronies in the Churches, Mosques, Academia, traditional institutions, public and private sectors, etc. We must work hard to identify these traitors and deal with them accordingly. Let us investigate to find out what the preacher said at Oyinlola’s thanksgiving and move on from there.

Joe Igbokwe

Lagos

http://www.saharareporters.com/article/oyinlola%E2%80%99s-thanksgiving-service-revisited
Re: Oyinlola’s Thanksgiving Service Revisited by DEEHASAL(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2010
The Preacher Church is probably built by Oyinlola from Osun states loot.
He has nothing more to say than to give praises to the disgraced Governor for
helping him built the church and for a life well-spent governing Lagos and Osun states
where he failed woefully.

Oure today's Preachers arr praise singers who do the bidding of their paymasters.

(1) (Reply)

Phcn On Strike? / 2011 Elections Will Determine Nigeria’s Future – Buhari / An Open Letter To Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (delta State Re-run)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.