Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi (27156 Views)

UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy / Shina Peller And Akin Alabi's Outfits As They Resume As House Of Reps Members / Ogunbiyi Loses Case Against Adeleke At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by naptu2: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
Remembrance Day: Shina Peller To Sponsor Education Of Fallen Hero's Child

Yesterday, I paid a condolence visit to the family of the fallen Iseyin-born brave soldier, Ismail Ishola Ojeke, who was killed at warfront alongside his colleagues in Borno State while trying to defend our country and Nigerians from terrorist attacks.

I met and shared words of encouragement with his parent, wife and other close members of the family on the demise of this courageous son of ours.

In my own little way of immortalizing the departed soldier, I have decided to give scholarship to the only child, Hanat Ogunbiyi, that he has left behind.

May God grant Ismail and other departed soldiers an eternal rest and give their family the fortitude to bear their loss.

https://twitter.com/ShinaPeller/status/1217428624242028545

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by naptu2: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Peller To Sponsor Education Of Fallen Hero’s Child

LATEST NEWS
By Tribune Online On Jan 15, 2020

A member of the House of Representatives, Shina Peller, has promised to provide free education for the daughter of a fallen Iseyin-born soldier, Ismail Ojeke, who died on Jan. 5 while fighting insurgents in the North East Zone.

Peller, representing Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Kajola/Iwajowa Federal Constituency, made the promise when he visited the family of the late hero in Iseyin on Wednesday.

“I share your pain and my thoughts and mind are with you and your entire family members in this very difficult time; I can’t console you enough, only God can.

“I want to appeal that we keep praying to God to overlook his sins and accept his coming. It’s indeed a dark moment for all of us here in Iseyin and indeed Oyo State,” he said.

The lawmaker, thereafter, promised to assume responsibility for the education of Hannat, the only child of the late soldier.

According to him, the child will receive the best of education up to the university level at no cost to the family members.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the late Ojeke was recruited into the Nigerian Army in 2019 and died on Jan.5 during a battle with insurgents in Borno.

(NAN)

https://tribuneonlineng.com/armed-forces-remembrance-day-peller-to-sponsor-education-of-fallen-heros-child/

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by CotenantNIG: 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
There ought to be a place Nigerians can donate funds for soldiers family but corruption would never allow that to happen because some people would still mis manage the money

Places in Lagos you can get an apartment for as low as
₦50,000
Number 3 would shock you
https://cotenant.ng/shared-apartment-flat-apartment-for-rent-in-lagos/

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by naptu2: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
CotenantNIG:
There ought to be a place Nigerians can donate funds for soldiers family but corruption would never allow that to happen because some people would still mis manage the money

Lalasticlala

That's usually done through the Nigerian Legion.

7 Likes

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Perfecttouchade: 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
God/Allah bless Shina peller and his family too for his kindheartedness....the war in the north seems to be an unending one, maybe it's high time we start accepting the fate that this war is politically encouraged by some heartless set of people ....Rip to the fallen heroes

3 Likes

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by pointstores(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nawa
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes, this is very commendable.
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Horlami4u(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Shina peller my honourable.......keep the good work going
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by sunshineV(f): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Very good thing he did
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Allforlove(f): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
nigeria is not worth dying for ....you won't hear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by GEOANDSONS: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nice Gestures cheesy
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by RexTramadol1: 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Their labours won't be in vain

If all of us still alive decide to use our brains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by b3llo(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
He did well by honouring the family of the fallen Hero.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Justinlean02(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
Hoping he comes through for them in the end...
On the other Note:
Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba and other ethnicity in our beloved Naija it's time to put the hating and tribalism aside, our generation needs to grow further away from such mentality instilled in us through colonialism and dirty politics. If we continue as we have all these years those politicians will never be held accountable. We're practicing Democracy and have failed woefully as learned folks to know that true power belongs to all of us not the few thief's claiming to run our nation...
it's time we stand as ONE or get squashed like scattered ants

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by armadeo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
CotenantNIG:

Lalasticlala

If they can mismanage food for crisis regions or even school feeding program talkless of funds for people who might not know they have it.

They will steal it all, asking for proof that the soldier even existed

9 Likes

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Zakelinn(m): 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nice and lovely
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Ooye12: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nigeria is just a f**k , nothing to gain form this nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Highshow05(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
Good gesture. RIP Ogunbisi Ismail Ishola.
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by DEHVEHLOP(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
What's with that Biafra guy posting sex videos on all thread

Can't you people do without CRIMES NI?

5 Likes

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by ELgordo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
kudos
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Vizzyboy05: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2020
God will never forget u.. No matter wat u are facing in life.. Never lose hope.. God pick up my calls too in miraclelicious way.. Don't try to check dat in dictionary oo.. Me self wan blow.. If nah grammar we go make me blow.. I go talk am..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Sacchi1162(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
God will reward him and rip to the dead.

But why does the name Shina Peller sound familiar?
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by naptu2: 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2020
Sacchi1162:
God will reward him and rip to the dead.

But why does the name Shina Peller sound familiar?

His father, Professor Peller, was a famous magician in the 1970s and '80s. Shina Peller is also the owner of Quilox Night Club on Victoria Island.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by neweraomo: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Sorry

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Roon9(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nice! These are the type of peeps society and nl should be lauding not idiots with foolish bums and saggy pants
Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by Jaqenhghar: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2020
Like I say if we all decide to protest on the streets for better treatment of the soldiers its the same soldiers that will shoot you

5 Likes

Re: Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi by methusah(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
Commendable and applaudable

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Train Attack: We Will Start Killing Kidnapped Passengers In 7 Days — Terrorists / 2023 Election: Nigerians Not Courts Should Choose Leaders - Goodluck Jonathan / Sanwo-Olu Honors Dare Samuel Akinrodoye Who Swam Length Of 3rd Mainlanbridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.