Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,622 members, 7,770,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid (48859 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by divinehand2003(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
The national grid on Thursday experienced its first collapse in 2020 resulting in blackout across the country.

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) confirmed the development in a statement on its Twitter page.

“There was system disturbance which occurred at about 12.34 p.m affecting some parts of the country.

“As at 1:10 p.m, supply was restored to Abuja and most parts of the affected areas. TCN is still working to completely restore and stabilise the nation’s grid,” it said.

Ikeja Electric (IE) which also confirmed the grid collapse in a statement on its Twitter account, said another collapse of the grid occurred at 2.15 p.m after the previous incident.

“Dear customers, the outage you are experiencing is due to a system collapse of the grid which occurred this afternoon at 12:36 p.m. All parts of IE’s network are affected.

“Another system collapse was recorded at 2.15 p.m today. Restoration efforts are ongoing. Kindly bear with us,” the electricity distribution company said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/tcn-confirms-collapse-of-national-grid/amp/

7 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by TooMuchStuff: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
cool
This is not News. It's just the regular life in naija

301 Likes 10 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by daddytime(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
No be lie oo, me wey dey enjoy 24hrs supply dey on gen all day.....

Modified...

They just restored it at about 9pm...

35 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by divinehand2003(m): 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
cool
This is not News. It's just the regular life in naija

It's the first system collapse of the national grid in 2020. It is breaking news to me because we have managed to go 15 days unbeaten by the forces of darkness before the unfortunate incident that happened this afternoon. It is worth celebrating.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Witchersunited: 8:24pm On Jan 16, 2020
Our grid is outdated, redundancies aren't put in place, una dey laugh, grid collapse doesn't mean that there is no generation of electricity, it means that the load is more than power available

Government can allow states generate power for their own use but cost will be too much, power plants to serve just enugu for instance will cost billions of naira, so our government prefers to build it small by small but population dey grow, building isn't meeting up, hopefully as more people go to school, less children will be born and generation will eventually catch up with consumption, to fix Nigeria power problem permanently will require our complete budget for 10 years straight

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
3 months running, and no light here. Why should I celebrate the yeye electricity people in Nigeria?
divinehand2003:

It's the first system collapse of the national grid in 2020. It is breaking news to me because we have managed to go 15 days unbeaten by the forces of darkness before the unfortunate incident that happened this afternoon. It is worth celebrating.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by thundafire: 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
Y Nigeria na Y
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2020
divinehand2003:

Celebrate??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Debroslink: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
Does a zoo have light? A zoo country is in national blackout in the 1st month of 2020.

Normal level things undecided

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by cococandy(f): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
I thought that’s the baseline?
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
If Only PDP concentrated on JUST Power for the 16 years of locust,
16 years of WASTE,
16 years of STEALING,
16 Years of LOOTING,
16 Years of STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

If only they gave our nation steady power supply in 16 years.
Our country will be moving at a very great speed of light by now (no pun intended)
If and only if.

But slow and steady we are moving forward
gradually as a nation.
Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

If only democracy started with a man of integrity like President Muhammadu Buhari.....but unfortunately, it started with criminals, lootere and thieves burying money underground, inside latrines, on farms, using our money to buy jewelries worth BILLIONS.
While the nation is in darkness!
A nation that a sitting Vice President has the company that import the largest numbers of generators in different shapes and sizes,
how will they ever want us to have electricity?
Why won't they want us to remain in perpetual darkness!

A nation that the same Vice President and the sitting President both floated 2 private universities for themselves while the Federal and State Universities were on endless strikes!
Universities that they are still operating up till this present day!
There was a nation!

prekumohtim:
There's nothing new about this nao. Since 1914 we have been on a total black out. In Nigeria we pay for darkness .
Deeeep!!
Sad but true.
But we can't remain like this forever.
We have to work and move forward as a nation.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by itsme01: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
angry

How useless is this new Minister... we have recorded more power cut and grid collapse under him than any minister

15 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by GamalNasser: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
I just got home and was informed no PHCN all day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
Lol....Forreal ,nepa dey use Dear customers for us shocked

“Dear customers, the outage you are experiencing is due to a system collapse of the grid which occurred this afternoon at 12:36 p.m. All parts of IE’s network are affected

7 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lilprinze: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
What
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Kingpele(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
We don't have light for here
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by siegfried99(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
I was surprised too.. No electricity all day

3 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by GamalNasser: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
itsme01:
How useless is this new Minister... we have recorded more power cut and grid collapse under him than any minister

Lies we recorded more power collapse under Fahosla ..since this man can I have been guaranteed 9 hours of light a day unlike useless heprs Fashola that couldn't guarantee me 3 hours

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Colybaly: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
R

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
No blackout here, or I'm I no more in Nigeria? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by delan40(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
Thought as much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by slimanyd: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2020
Lobatan. Make I quickly go charge my battery's .
Iya suraju , Bring all those lamps o before collapsation hit our light by midnight. The light we see today, we might not see it again for another 1 week o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by GamalNasser: 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2020
Witchersunited:
Our grid is outdated, redundancies aren't put in place, una dey laugh, grid collapse doesn't mean that there is no generation of electricity, it means that the load is more than power available

Government can allow states generate power for their own use but cost will be too much, power plate to serve just enugu for instance will cost billions of naira, so our government prefers to build it small by small but population dey grow, building isn't meeting up, hopefully as more people go to school, less children will be born and generation will eventually catch up with consumption, to fix Nigeria power problem permanently will require our complete budget for 10 years straight

The same Nigeria where DISCOs are rejecting 70 percent of power generated ? Oh boy you clearly don know what's happening

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Tpave(m): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
It's normal in Nija
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by sweetonugbu: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
Everything is collapsing, but taxation and borrowing is increasing,the question is what are they using the borrowed money to do?.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lilybonny(f): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
No power thru out 2day
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by jayson87: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
itsme01:
this happpened most under the calamitous fashola. Thank God the calamity of a minister is out of the power ministry. i have been enjoying 18hrs in the last 3months aall thanks the new minister.

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
There's nothing new about this nao. Since 1914 we have been on a total black out. In Nigeria we pay for darkness .

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by emmabest2000(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
overload

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Racoon(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
To provide 24hours electricity is still rocket science.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by ZombieTERROR: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
Sai barber legacies

The only way to have steady power supply in the country is to vote out the PDP..

Any serious government can fix power in less than six months....

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Takes 40 Ekweremadu’s Properties, Secures Interim Forfeiture Order / Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections / "Bus Conductor": Atiku's Camp mocks Wike Over Frequent Visits To The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.