Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid (48975 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by berbs: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
When will power will ever be stable in this country

3 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by ngadaAwo: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
Fashola is the most useless power minister ever

Shameless bastard

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by showafrica(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
This thing don tire person, who knows what will happen if we experience natural disaster or tsunami, that one na bye bye to electricity.

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Wahala90: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by mrjojo: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
The fact that we still have just 1 National grid in 2020 is a shame, no backup, no redundancy, nothing. Nigeria is still leaving in the stone age, smh.

3 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Bbbwings: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
Harambe lived a more dignified life in a zoo
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by VegaJack: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
How useless is this new Minister... we have recorded more power cut and grid collapse under him than any minister
[/s]
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Ogaga87(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
China National Grid
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Neoteny(m): 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Witchersunited:
Our grid is outdated, redundancies aren't put in place, una dey laugh, grid collapse doesn't mean that there is no generation of electricity, it means that the load is more than power available

Government can allow states generate power for their own use but cost will be too much, power plate to serve just enugu for instance will cost billions of naira, so our government prefers to build it small by small but population dey grow, building isn't meeting up, hopefully as more people go to school, less children will be born and generation will eventually catch up with consumption, to fix Nigeria power problem permanently will require our complete budget for 10 years straight

True.

Most often it happens when there's more available power than there's load, such as when discos reject their allocation. That increases the frequency above the 50-ish threshold and trips the grid to protect the generators. It also happens when load is not properly balanced on the grid.

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Only if Buhari can give me the presidential jet..make I go Ghana charge phone small

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Emrixx(f): 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
This government na jokers i swear
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Akanoaaa(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
post=85856848:
If Only PDP concentrated on JUST Power for the 16 years of locust,
16 years of WASTE,
16 years of STEALING,
16 Years of LOOTING,
16 Years of STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

If only they only give our nation steady power supply in 16 years.
Our country will be moving at a very great speed of light by now (no pun intended)
If and only if.

But slow and steady we are moving forward
gradually as a nation.
Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

If only democracy started with a man of integrity like President Muhammadu Buhari.....but unfortunately, it started with criminals, lootere and thieves burying money underground, inside latrines, on farms, using our money to buy jewelries worth BILLIONS.
While the nation is in darkness!
A nation that a sitting Vice President has the company that import the largest numbers of generators in different shapes and sizes,
how will they ever want us to have electricity?!

Deeeep!!
Sad but true.
But we can't remain like this forever.
We have to work and move forward as a nation.

Hypocrisy

10 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by gambia(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
Useless Government.

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Achimaechi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author= post=85856848]If Only PDP concentrated on JUST Power for the 16 years of locust,
16 years of WASTE,
16 years of STEALING,
16 Years of LOOTING,

Our country will be moving at a very great speed of light by now (no pun intended)
If and only if.

gradually as a nation.

If only democracy started with a man of integrity like President Muhammadu Buhari.....but unfortunately, it started with criminals, lootere and thieves burying money underground, inside latrines, on farms, using our money to buy jewelries worth BILLIONS.
A nation that a sitting Vice President has the company that import the largest numbers of generators in different shapes and sizes,

Deeeep!!
Sad but true.

Rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by flokii: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
How won't it collapse when corruption and greed has finshed those at the helm of affairs in the power sector.

They don't want anything to work so they can keep having budget and expenses every year on same issues to loot from. Only God knows who did this to the Black man. Smh

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by rummmy: 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2020
And they will still bring outrageous bills for people to pay.....

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by ITbomb(m): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
They should just unbundled this thing and let each region generate and use what they can
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by F117nighthawk: 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
God forsaken organisation, DOOMED FOR LIFE,NEPA CAN NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER GET IT RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA, ELECTRICITY WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGHTMARE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by uuzba(m): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
Racoon:
To provide 24hours electricity is still rocket science.
Yes it is.
When the infrastructure has to be set up amongst so many different tribes people.
Some need the light, others break and steal the Electrical components to keep reselling.
Others still do not need the light at all do they can keep selling generators.

Multiple tribes people not sharing same goal.

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by edoairways: 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
divinehand2003:

It's the first system collapse of the national grid in 2020. It is breaking news to me because we have managed to go 15 days unbeaten by the forces of darkness before the unfortunate incident that happened this afternoon. It is worth celebrating.
Which "we"

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by vincentjk(m): 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
Always giving the same lame reason everytime

Sometimes I'm even tempted to edit this my signature sef sad
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Alimat40: 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
Collapse or no collapse, does it make meaning to we that reside in oyero in ifo local government if Ogun State?
It is not news to me.

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Minjim: 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
divinehand2003:

It's the first system collapse of the national grid in 2020. It is breaking news to me because we have managed to go 15 days unbeaten by the forces of darkness before the unfortunate incident that happened this afternoon. It is worth celebrating.

Which state?
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Witchersunited: 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

The same Nigeria where DISCOs are rejecting 70 percent of power generated ? Oh boy you clearly don know what's happening
that figure is inflated

Nigeria doesn't produce enough power, disco reject yes but 70% abeg be realistic
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Wettoid123: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
daddytime:
No be lie oo, me wey dey enjoy 24hrs supply dey on gen all day.....

Modified...

They just restored it at about 9pm...

Which area be that wey you for they enjoy 24hours light.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by crazygod(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
Mtchew. I've been using gen since two days now. Tf are they saying that's new?

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Resurgent2016: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
divinehand2003:

You had steady power supply for 15 days uninterrupted? Where do you stay?

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lexy2014: 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
post=85856848:
If Only PDP concentrated on JUST Power for the 16 years of locust,
16 years of WASTE,
16 years of STEALING,
16 Years of LOOTING,

If and only if.

gradually as a nation.

Deeeep!!
Sad but true.

Its been 5years since PDP held power at d federal level yet u are still blaming PDP 4d failure of buharis govt to deliver on it's campaign promises. Wasn't it d former minister of power, fashola who in an attempt to criticise PDP said that any serious govt can fix d power situation in Nigeria in 6months. Its 5years (60months) into d administration of saint buhari, yet nothing. Does that mean buharis govt isn't a "serious govt"?

12 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
cool
This is not News. It's just the regular life in naija

To me its not regular. We have light. I dont know the village you are but in most areas in lagos, there is electricity. I had to put on d gen today (after over a week) to charge d inverter

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by kay29000(m): 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
cool
This is not News. It's just the regular life in naija

lol. I swear, I want to be optimistic with this our naija matter, but the thing dey tire me sometimes. I just rushed out to buy fuel now before filling station closed. For how long will we keep experiencing this.

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by flokii: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
ITbomb:
They should just unbundled this thing and let each region generate and use what they can

Valid point.. same way they need to unbundle NNPC and other national relics that no longer serve the purpose for which they were created.

4 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by kay29000(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
berbs:
When will power will ever be stable in this country

I just tire o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kashim Shettim: Five Quick Facts You Should Know About Tinubu’s Running Mate / Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) / Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko At The Stadium Cheering Super Eagles (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.