Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests (69769 Views)

This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts / Lady Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into A Wrapper & Blouse, Rocks It As She Passes Out / Deeper Life Corper Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into Skirt In Sokoto (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by ehiksalex(f): 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is absurd.... So a female engineer in an oil and gas production installation offshore or a female civil engineer, should be advocating to wear dresses instead of coveralls for safety?
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by deavicky(m): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
While i thing its not a problem to include skirt. After all all police, civil defense, costumes, immigration, airforce, Navy and Army all of them uses skirt so why exempting NYSC.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by tck2000(m): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Dpharisee:
If wearing Hijab during NYSC activities is good for Hajia Aisha of Ansarudeen, Skirt is also good for Sister Gloria of Deeper Life which means fairness.
Robert Mugabe 2020 grin
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by CSTR2: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
The day I saw a staunch deeper life member from my university wearing trouser in camp for the first time, I look am twice.
This girl wear long skirt every day anytime.

And the trouser fit am well. Her shape come out gan.

Hot and thick.

1 Like

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Danhumprey: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Karleb:
This is stupidity!

So you want to march with skirt? I doubt if these people have ever been to any camp at all.

We should also substitute short white skirt for the white knicker. SMH! undecided

It is not compulsory for Deeper Life, MFM, and Chosen sisters to serve.

Exceptional stupidity! embarassed
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Nreebge: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
squarelead:
Their opinion their business, am a Christian, but I think trousers covers woman unclothedness than skirts, my view tho but the Bible in Deut 22v 5, truly says women should not wear what belongs to men. Kind of confused too, but I don't see wearing trousers as a sin because, who made the law that trousers is only for men.
Trousers to me covers unclothedness than skirt but who am I to twist the Bible, may God forgive me if what I write here is a sin

Don't twist the Bible but say the truth. Buy the truth and sell it not.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Farki: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
fergie006:
Tomorrow another set will come and say they want bumshots.....another will come in panties.....

We have more pressing issues biko...

We already have that, the microscopic white shorts given at camp are already bum shorts.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Binismaeel: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
Neimar:
i know why dem dy protest

They want quick access to the Kpekus
grin

Mad oh grin grin grin
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by HENRY940: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
julitoch:
Can they climb those ropes with skirts, bunch of fanatics

they will then wear the shorts under the skirts

Confused hypocrites !
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by roliks99(f): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
We are never satisfied,some ladies in skirt dont wear short beneath,when dey start crawling during drill or whatever they call it they will be the one shouting the guys are looking between their legs lipsrsealed
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by ngwababe(f): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Police dey wear skirt, Customs wear skirt, Immigration wears skirt, why won't they just approve skirt for NYSC?

The above mentioned paramilitaries face more danger than corps members, and they put on skirt, why won't they allow one wear what's makes her comfy?

Ihe n'enweghi isi na odu, una go wan dey exaggerate am.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Greatfullheart: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Realtord43:
They should go and sit down, what is even here in Nigeria to serve? skirt or no skirt, NYSC should be scrap! its a waste of time and resources. misplace priority group!! angry
when Federal Government read Your Comment

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Greatfullheart: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Neimar:
i know why dem dy protest
They want quick access to the Kpekus
grin
HMM

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Greatfullheart: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is What The Bitches Want!

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by ayodeji4000(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
GGG

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by ebullient19(f): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
Misplaced priority I need money, you guys are protesting for skirts. it's well
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Longman180(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Realtord43:
They should go and sit down, what is even here in Nigeria to serve? skirt or no skirt, NYSC should be scrap! its a waste of time and resources. misplace priority group!! angry
mumu people grin
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by shegzy23: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
itsme01:
grin

I support the skirt movement also, Office skirt can be very sexy and tempting, plus it allows easier access to the login page

All this Deeper life and their wahala... since its not MURIC now our Hypocrite brothers would keep quiet but let the o.p mistakenly change the headline to include MU- before he types RIC they would have trooped out commenting till the pages reaches page 12, with all sort of insult on religion of "Piss"

. shot up your mouth,religion of fight
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by stubbornman(m): 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

But its compulsory for people below 30 years old. They stated in the write up (if you bothered to read it) that they applied for exemption but were denied. If they don't get exemption from the program, nobody will employ them as the government has made it mandatory that all organisations ask for completion of NYSC certificate/exemption certificate.
It should be scrapped or better still allow those not interested to get exemption.
But the government can't do that because they rely heavily on these graduates to offer almost free services . Believe you me, there are some villages nobody would ever go to teach any subject and if not for NYSC, the pupils/students in such villages for hear am.

I concur with you Bro.... but how can these ladies see nothing wrong with the unisex shirt but see everything wrong with the trousers.... They knew the dress code before applying for it....how often will they wear the trousers in a year?? they don't have sense!!
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Legendguru: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
To make penetrations easier in your dorms abi
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by JastSiryin(m): 1:07am On Jan 18, 2020
folks4luv:
Ignorance is a great disease. sometimes, people like this make me want to hide my Christian faith but no way, light shines in darkness and darkness can overcome It
You're darn right darkness "can" overcome it. In this case their stupidity is doing the job grin

1 Like

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by xgada(m): 3:04am On Jan 18, 2020
I think you guys should understand that the scheme is a pseudo military training. And there's no so training in the world being done in skirts.There are several options take.
-get exemption
-negotiate
-adjust the uniform
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by rhektor(m): 3:37am On Jan 18, 2020
ipreach:
Serve With Skirts Movement, an advocacy group was on Wednesday, stage a peaceful protest at the Unity Fountain in Abuja to demand inclusion of skirts as part of the uniform for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

Members of the group, comprising of young boys and girls, held banners with inscriptions like “there is a difference between the world and the daughters of God”, "We cannot dress like the world", “our sisters cannot dress like men. They should be decently covered”, among others, with some of the female members dressed in Khaki skirts.

According to them, year after year, female corps members are harassed at orientation camps for refusing to wear skirts. This, they said, is a breach of their fundamental human rights under Section 38(1) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

A leader of the group, Udochi Emmanuel, said the use of trousers are evoking immorality in the camps. In the 1970s and 1980s, she said, “we had our mothers wearing skirts and we want to go back to that.”

“We have asked for exemption (sic) severally. NYSC has not given that as an option, they have made it a compulsory one-year service for everyone below the age of 30 and they are mandated to wear those clothes.

“We have already started negotiations (with government) and we hope that from this dialogue we will get a favourable response,” she said.

When asked if don’t they get what they are seeking for Ms Emmanuel said they “may need to ask for redress in the court.”

A corps member, Patience Noble, who was part of the protest, told journalists that she was posted to Ebonyi State for service and when she insisted on wearing skirt, she was asked to leave camp.

“As a citizen of my country, I have the right to serve the nation just like every other graduate has. They insisted that I wear this trouser or leave the camp. During the camp there were lots of insults and humiliation – one of military tore the skirts I was wearing on my body.”

The protest comes barely two months after two members of the 2019 NYSC Stream C in Ebonyi State, were sent home from camp for refusing to wear trousers.

The NYSC spokesperson in the state, Ngozi Ukwuoma, explained that when the duo were accosted and interrogated, they disclosed that they could not wear the white shorts and the trousers given to them by the NYSC since it was against their faith.

Efforts were, however, made by the office of the Camp Director to make them see reason why they must obey the rules and regulations guiding the orientation and NYSC, but all efforts to do that were futile, she said.

This act generated controversy among Nigerians as many were torn between allowing skirt as part of the NYSC uniform or not.

Although the NYSC act does not clearly state what the uniform should be, it only said the corps members should accept and wear whatever is given to them.

Section 3(1)(ix) of the NYSC bye-laws states that every corps member shall “wear the various uniforms provided for the activities.”

It also says “any member who refuses, fails or neglects to comply with this rule shall be tried by the Camp Court and, if found guilty, be liable to be decamped and sent out of the orientation camp.”

The Senate had in March 2018, rejected a bill to amend the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act.

The bill was rejected following concerns that such amendment requires altering the constitution which requires a longer process.

Officials of the NYSC have, however, continued to admonish corps members to adhere to the laws of the Corps.

https://www.believespot.com/2020/01/group-protests-wants-skirts-included-in-nysc.html

Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by crazycrypto710: 6:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Easy access grin
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by DavIkenna(m): 6:25am On Jan 18, 2020
well they have their rights to a peaceful protest.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 18, 2020
quaintbloke:
As expected, we are having hard right comments here, but why are we soo resistant to differing opinion?
If people consider trousers as improper dressing, why should they be shouted down and heckled?
NYSC should be a scheme of national pride and people shouldn't be forced into accepting what they aren't comfy with. Even proper military women wear skirts, so what's the fuss with hard rightists?

Later we would expect not to be looked down on as Musulmi ladies for dressing like masquerades in the name of religious adherence or we will turn around to scream islamisation when policies aren't made to favour us, yet we dont want to listen to the voice of the minority. Nigerians are rooted in so much hypocrisy.

We really need to be tolerant of each other's inclination.

Mr man Nysc nor be force you can as well skip.. It
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by miniziter(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2020
Geminita1:
grin Even when the govt tries to make some people look smart at least once in their lifetime,they still don't want it. How can a young woman prefer to look like a poor widow all in the name of extremism, while her male counterparts look all smart and eligible for great jobs.
Boomer bridge climbing most especially.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Xclusiveme: 7:50am On Jan 18, 2020
And that's how they will end up being poor and wretched
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by rexandyke(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2020
yarimo:
Skirt in NYSC camp, Chai man o war will be very interesting grin grin

lol, not only that. Night life at mami market will not require much stress again since the website will not have any login page. Some of them will even remove the little check(pata) and then, the only thing a guy needs is just to set his rod free and browse even on a chair
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by Jadeng: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
I do not think skirt is the issue here but compliance.
From the pictures on your banners, that is not what the NYSC uniforms should be. So if skirts is approved, some will still turn it to super mini skirts.
Let me even ask, how will you use skirt's for rope, wall climbing and other obstacle drills ?? Or you guys have a more dangerous mission ??
If you cannot comply with the uniform, then do not serve. Apply for exemption certificate!
Let's stop this self deception please.
Re: We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests by MiltonFine: 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2020
Not that i totally disagree with these so-called children of God. My problem with the idea is that las las na mini-skirt Dem go being wear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Officer Pouring Dirty Water On Corper In Calabar / Kogi Election: Corper Who Died, Buried Amidst Tears / NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.