Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row (55159 Views)

Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / Oshiomhole Intervenes As Tinubu Throws Hands In Air At Rivers Rally (Video/Pix) / Security Intervenes As Fan Rushes At Atiku In Gombe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Kwanza: 11:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation, to handle the case of Ibrahim Ibrahim, a Nigerian cleric on death row in Saudi Arabia.

Buhari gave the directive after Bello Mutawalle, governor of Zamfara, prevailed on him to see to the release of Ibrahim, an indigene of Zamfara.

According to a statement by Zailani Bappa, media aide to Mutawalle, Ibrahim was wrongly placed on the death row for charges bothering on drug trafficking.

“Governor Matawalle yesterday met with President Muhammadu Buhari and appealed on behalf of Ibrahim Ibrahim whose judgement was scheduled for next week, on charges of drug trafficking,” the statement read.

“Ibrahim, an Islamic cleric, was wrongly arrested in Saudi Arabia and arraigned before the court but could not sufficiently prove his case due to lack of a lawyer. He was earlier cleared by two lower courts in Jedda for lack of evidence on the part of the prosecution.

“However, the prosecution appealed against him in Makkah where he was expected to have a lawyer or risk execution judgement.

“To this end, President Muhammadu Buhari has already directed the Minister of of Justice, Abubakar Malami, to handle the matter appropriately in order to save the innocent life of Ibrahim Ibrahim.”

In April, Saudi authorities released Zainab Aliyu, a student of Bayero University, Kano (BUK) following the intervention of the Federal government.

Aliyu had been arrested and detained for drug trafficking but the government of Saudi Arabia investigated the case and set her free after discovering that she was a victim.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/buhari-asks-malami-to-wade-in-as-saudi-places-nigerian-cleric-on-death-row/amp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Blakjewelry(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
Those Islamic guys wey no go give you chance to defend yourself

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by budaatum: 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
I was not buying this "wrongly arrested", except I found the following which is a worry!

https://thenationonlineng.net/fear-over-23-nigerians-on-death-row-in-saudi-arabia/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by davodyguy: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
Wrongly arrested indeed.

I traveled through almost 10 countries in 2019 and I'm wondering why I wasn't 'wrongly' arrested.

Yoruba says Enitó bà jẹ gbi l'oma kú gbi.

If you're clean, no one will arrest you.

Millions travel from Nigeria annual without being wrongly arrested, only very few unclean ones get arrested and rightly so

185 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Blue3k(m): 12:23am On Jan 18, 2020
budaatum:
I was not buying this "wrongly arrested", except I found the following which is a worry!

The Saudi legal system is backwards. He should be given legal representation especially if his life on the line. The government said they arrested the syndicate members but there's been no updates about the trial. The other issue is the lack of security at the airports that allows drugs pass through.

Consequently, the NDLEA Commander in charge of MAKIA had launched an investigation, which culminated in the arrest and arraignment before a Federal High Court in Kano of seven staff of the airport.

The accused are Idris Umar Shehu (alias Umar Sanda), Sanni Suleiman, Nuhu Adamu, Rhoda Adetunji, Udosen Itoro Henry and Sanni Hamisu.
Meanwhile, the Airport Chief of Security of the Federal Airport Authority (FAAN), El-Yakub Lamir, disclosed that scanners at the Aminu Kano International Airport in particular, were not configured to detect drugs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ZombieTERROR: 12:25am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?
Ibrahim is truly innocent and must have been wrongly arrested.
Pls no idiot should bother quoting me if he can't prove Ibrahim's guilt as I'm not interested in any unintelligent ramblings.

Will you say same if Ibrahim Ibrahim was from the East

242 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Off course not.. That guy is a definition of tribalism and apc(cism)

183 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by DaBullIT(m): 1:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Maybe you are lucky

there's been stories about innocent people's bags being used to transport drugs

davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

I traveled through almost 10 countries in 2019 and I'm wondering why I wasn't 'wrongly' arrested

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Yolmelifya: 1:49am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?

Pls no idiot should bother quoting me if he can't prove Ibrahim's guilt as I'm not interested in any unintelligent ramblings.
[/s]

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by eagleu: 3:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Buhari never asks his AG to wade into cases of Nigerians in other countries.
I am tired of muslim drug dealers being rescued with the instrument of the FG, while others are convicted and executed with celebration from the Buhari government.

Not sure why any sane person should go to a backwards country like Saudi Arabia, religion or not. When you chose to go to a nineteenth century nation like Saudi, you must bear responsibility for anything that happens to you.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Racoon(m): 3:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Pronto! With immediate alacrity.Only when a fellow core hausa-fulani muslim is involve.This is the only thing that will make this ethno-religious insensitive government to act in this regard.Abeg, Leah Sharibu didnt do drug.The govt should have rescued her a long time.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Bola146(f): 3:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Why not kill those people found guilty of planting drugs inside bags

11 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by hisexcellency34: 4:08am On Jan 18, 2020
Why is he Intervening for only ' wrongly arrested' Muslims

72 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Waterypussy2(m): 4:14am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?

I don't think no one will quote you cos everyone here takes you as an idiot.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 18, 2020
Waterypussy2:
You're complaining, wait until the biggest of all idiots here comes with his own comment of "all of us at deadmeatgrill wish..."
Those dudes disgust me. sad

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by itsme01: 5:33am On Jan 18, 2020
angry

Wicked humans, this is why i lock my bag with padlocks and seal it with celotapes when travelling and i make sure i indicate the number of logage am declaring and its kilogram, and my hand lugage must never leave my sight till i board

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by hope4nigeria(m): 5:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?

then your head has technical faults

59 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Simplyleo: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2020
Waterypussy2:
This is what I said.

So what did you just do?

You must be referring to yourself, especially considering the fact that what you put up here is one of the unintelligently unrelated noise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Simplyleo: 6:14am On Jan 18, 2020
hope4nigeria:
then your head has technical faults
ZombieTERROR:

mzBEAM:

It's 2020, stop disgracing your family online.
See them, they have started, yet none of them will ever be able to say the least about Ibrahim's guilt. Rather, they will keep quoting up and down always veering off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ZombieTERROR: 6:15am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

This is what I said.
So what did you just do?
You must be referring to yourself, especially considering the fact that what you put up here is one of the unintelligently unrelated noise.

Blah blah blah
It must be terrible being a zombie
grin grin grin

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Simplyleo: 6:25am On Jan 18, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Blah blah blah
It must be terrible being a zombie
grin grin grin
Of all the people quoting me on this forum whose comments are very unintelligible, you take the crown. Have you ever said anything intelligent? Now what is the sense in what you just posted? May be just to get likes and share abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ZombieTERROR: 6:26am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Of all the people quoting me on this forum whose comments are very unintelligible, you take the crown. Have you ever said anything intelligent? Now what is the sense in what you just posted? May be just get likes and share abi?

Someone is in sivia pain grin grin

75 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Simplyleo: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Someone is in sivia pain grin grin
This what I'm saying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ZombieTERROR: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2020
mzBEAM:

It's 2020, stop disgracing your family online.

Please allow him to fulfill his destiny.... grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Why is he Intervening for only ' wrongly arrested' Muslims
If it was an Igbo man, nobody would here dat he was innocent but because Ibrahim is their broda, they want to save him and tag him.
How sure are we dat most of those Igbo guys arrested are allowed to speak. Abeg Biafra shud do and come.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Nepotistic, tribalistic, ethnocentric and religious bigot Fulani government.
If you know, you know.

One Nigerian my ass.

36 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by tartar9(m): 7:21am On Jan 18, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Continue asking us
Sincerely, will you think he's innocent if he'd from the East grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Yolmelifya: 7:25am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?

[/s]

30 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by WorldRichest: 7:26am On Jan 18, 2020
davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

I traveled through almost 10 countries in 2019 and I'm wondering why I wasn't 'wrongly' arrested

Continue with your drug trafficking, one day monkey will go to the market and not return.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police On Duty In Rivers In Someone's Car / Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Jigawa State / Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.