Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other (47131 Views)

One Day, He Will Be Told To Choose Between His Girlfriend And Mother (Picture) / Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by lozanni(m): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
Kingpee2:
I totally understand you and I feel your pain of being caught in the middle by 2 women you love ,at this point you shouldn’t tell your wife anything rather than setting up a family meeting between your in-laws and your mom if its possible to include any other family members of yours ,then raise the issue while they are present and please while they are all sitted, make sure you pin points their errors to each of them {your mom and your wife } am certain with the intervention of both families ,things will work out and well settled ,this matter pass wetin only you fit handle from the look of things and only your wife’s family are the only option left to talk to at this point ... ,I feel for you bro ....

This is a very reasonable response.
If the above fails, then you should try church counseling because a woman who never forgives or tries to reconcile with others, should have her faults shown to her by a spiritual authority, if she respects such.
Also, your Mom should be made to realise that you now have a wife and family and so needs to respect your family privacy whenever necessary.
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by tribalmall: 3:49pm On Jan 18, 2020
WoW ! What a comment from a fool. So you can.allow your wife to glaringly disrespect your mother in such manner ?! It is God almighty that will punish you till eternity except your action are justified.

E685:

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by boxypane(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
Let your wife take things calmly, she will find joy in it. The mother definitely doesn't want your home broken.
It's a personality issue, one person has to shift grounds here, and that's your wife!
Make she calm herself down abeg. No be she born u.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by laluski(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
You Caused all these issues yourself.You should have envisaged that this would or could happen.If you knew it's something you can't handle,then you SHOULD NOT have married your wife.both of you would have found even better peace and harmony with other partners.When a man/woman gets married,you marry both your partner AND HER FAMILY.you can't do without them.So if your wife chooses to disrespect your mother directly and indirectly.am sorry but you married a BAD woman.Assuming that's how she talks down to her own parents,it's a different case.Even at that,it's still wrong.am in my mid 40's and can't even imagine getting married to a wife like yours.even if your mum was intolerable,it's her duty to remain patient.NO MATTER WHAT.what right does she have to decide if your mum should invite guests or not to HER SON'S WEDDING.who is she.
Anyway it's too late now.You just have to bear your cross and it's past,present and future consequences.Just pray hard your son doesn't grow up hating your mum for no just cause because of what he'll be seeing and experiencing as he grows older, it'll be on you my brother
Good luck
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Delonn(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
In fact you are a very stupid boy trying to blame your mom for anything. To hell with you and your stupid marriage. Be writing English here, don't go and tell your wife to apologize to your mom. You are talking like a gold digger. Are you sure you have a job? Are you sure you contributed to the wedding or only your wife paid for everything? If I were close to you I would have given you a very hard knock on your stupid head so your brain could work proper again.
E685:
My wife and I have been together for 8 years now, married for 5. I am 33 and she is 30. We now have our first child, a son who is just turning 1. He is everything to both of us. Before our son, our relationship was strong, although to be honest I’ve always been frustrated with my wife’s way of handling issues. I’m the kind of person who is very hard to get angry, I hear people out, and I talk out my issues. I listen to all sides and I think logically before emotionally. I seek therapy when I’m stuck. My wife is the opposite. She reacts with emotions first. She is very quick to be offended by anything. She will shut down and refuse to communicate until she has had time to process. I do all of the work resolving issues we have. I sometimes wonder if I ever stop taking the high road and work through our issues, if anything would ever resolve itself. So that being said, conflict management aside, we are happy. We are passionate, have similar interests, and make each other laugh.

Then there’s my mother. Where to begin. My mother, while seen as incredibly loving and generous to many people, is also a person who has been shut out of so many relationships in her life that I really just feel bad. My father and her are divorced. She has a genuine phobia of being left out - of gatherings, of relationships, of family. She is extremely smart and knows how to manipulate people into doing what she wants. She also widely seen as a “difficult” person. She is difficult in that she finds great offense to issues many people would not notice or care about. If she feels wronged, she will overwhelm the person who wronged her with incessant questions trying to make them feel her side until they cave in. In her closest relationships, her absolute need for the show of love and inclusion and validation cause the very people she is trying to reel closer in to push her away, a self fulfilling prophecy. My Mom, while I love her, is her own worst enemy.

Needless to say, these two, my wife and my mother, clash. At first they liked each other. The very first issue involved our wedding planning. My wife had a very clear plan for the guest list, and my mom asked for a number of her friends to be included on the list. My wife did not want that, got immediately upset and the situation blew out of control. My mom called me nonstop asking why my wife could be so cold, unwilling to see her side, or give in even an inch. My wife felt my Mom was making the wedding all about her, and could not believe she was called cold. She was “done”. My mom wasn’t paying for a cent of the wedding either so this was another offense. In the end I brokered a compromise, much to the dismay of both women. Each held the grudge for a long time.

Occasionally my mother would do something that my wife disliked, and my wife would be pissed at me for not standing up for her. Admittedly I had never stood up to my mother, I always took the time to listen to her side and find reason behind her otherwise inflammatory ways. My wife and mother had a falling out right before the wedding, and forced me to choose sides. I struggled as I found both of them to be at fault. I chose my wife and my mother hated it. Ever since, basically anything that my mother says or does, whether good or not, offends my wife. Even the most genuine attempts by my mother to reach out to my wife are smacked down. My wife has never made any effort to release the past resentment. Over the years my mother has attempted to take the high road, only to be barely acknowledged by my wife. I have always pleaded with my wife to at least pretend to like my mother. She did a bad job of pretending because my mother would always call me and ask why my wife appears to never care or never let go of past feelings. So both saw through each other, my mother would continue to act happy and loving, while my wife never would.

Anyway now our son came into the picture. He is amazing and being the first grandchild on both sides, the grandparents want to be around him every chance they can get. My mother visit every weekend. I told my wife we have to let her do this. My wife dreaded this. I told my mother that one of the weekends, we wanted her to visit on a Sunday (staying over till Monday morning) instead of a Saturday because we had plans that Saturday. In actuality the day was a birthday celebration for my father in law, being held at her parents house. She just didn’t want my mother involved in everything so she put her foot down. My mother wouldn’t take no for an answer and pulled it out of me what we were doing that day. Well she took great offense to the fact that she was not automatically invited, and couldn’t believe how cold, unChristian, and I loving my wife and her family were.

This stuff affects me greatly so of course I share with my wife, and she exclaims she is done with my mother. No longer wants to be nice or pretend, she is tired of how much my mother always wants it all to be her way and then throws out insulting and hurtful words about my wife to get her way. I get messages from my moms friends telling me how I need to see things my moms way, they would never exclude their mother this way, and that my wife is causing all of this.

And so here we are. I saw my mother the next day, and my wife removed herself from the situation by staying out for the day. It was incredibly uncomfortable. I told my mother how mad I was at her for always being so difficult and never just letting it go. I told her my real feelings about how I wished she could stop needing such inclusion and love. Her response was that she is justified in wanting to be included in everything, and that my wife has never shown her any love or effort and it was obvious, so what could she possibly do? I told her my wife is willing to work on this, perhaps in professional therapy. But in reality my wife wants no part of that and has no desire to mend anything anymore. I think she resents me for trying to mend things.

So what do I do? I’m frustrated with my mom for being difficult, always needing more and never letting things go, and saying inflammatory things when she doesn’t get her way. But I see that all she’s ever wanted was peace and love, and my wife never gave her that. I’m frustrated with my wife for getting so easily offended at everything my mother says or does, and I wish she could make any effort to see the other side and let go of such a grudge. My mother is definitely strong willed and manipulative but I think there is love there if only we could work through it. My wife is extremely assertive and refuses to let anyone wrong her twice. Both think the other has always been dead wrong, the entirety of the blame, and will never change. My wife is ok never seeing my mother again, yet my mother says she wants to let bygones be bygones and attempt to work through it.

What should I do? Forever stuck in the middle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Starboytwo(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
I'm learning a lot from comments here, I'm promising myself if a situation like this arose in the future, I'd never pick a side(I've seen it's bad)

Beside can I truly pick a woman over my mother Haa iya starboy will swear for me and it must catch me cool

If I talk say he easy ehn, bro na lie, cuz the way I take love this ibo girl ehn, person fit misbehave, but

All in all, op should read this and try to adjust meaningfully...

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Yomhie: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
Wtf is going on here for goodness sake you pleaded with your wife to pretend as if she likes your mom listen to yourself no matter how ring your mom do you should never say it to your wife face
E685:
My wife and I have been together for 8 years now, married for 5. I am 33 and she is 30. We now have our first child, a son who is just turning 1. He is everything to both of us. Before our son, our relationship was strong, although to be honest I’ve always been frustrated with my wife’s way of handling issues. I’m the kind of person who is very hard to get angry, I hear people out, and I talk out my issues. I listen to all sides and I think logically before emotionally. I seek therapy when I’m stuck. My wife is the opposite. She reacts with emotions first. She is very quick to be offended by anything. She will shut down and refuse to communicate until she has had time to process. I do all of the work resolving issues we have. I sometimes wonder if I ever stop taking the high road and work through our issues, if anything would ever resolve itself. So that being said, conflict management aside, we are happy. We are passionate, have similar interests, and make each other laugh.

Then there’s my mother. Where to begin. My mother, while seen as incredibly loving and generous to many people, is also a person who has been shut out of so many relationships in her life that I really just feel bad. My father and her are divorced. She has a genuine phobia of being left out - of gatherings, of relationships, of family. She is extremely smart and knows how to manipulate people into doing what she wants. She also widely seen as a “difficult” person. She is difficult in that she finds great offense to issues many people would not notice or care about. If she feels wronged, she will overwhelm the person who wronged her with incessant questions trying to make them feel her side until they cave in. In her closest relationships, her absolute need for the show of love and inclusion and validation cause the very people she is trying to reel closer in to push her away, a self fulfilling prophecy. My Mom, while I love her, is her own worst enemy.

Needless to say, these two, my wife and my mother, clash. At first they liked each other. The very first issue involved our wedding planning. My wife had a very clear plan for the guest list, and my mom asked for a number of her friends to be included on the list. My wife did not want that, got immediately upset and the situation blew out of control. My mom called me nonstop asking why my wife could be so cold, unwilling to see her side, or give in even an inch. My wife felt my Mom was making the wedding all about her, and could not believe she was called cold. She was “done”. My mom wasn’t paying for a cent of the wedding either so this was another offense. In the end I brokered a compromise, much to the dismay of both women. Each held the grudge for a long time.

Occasionally my mother would do something that my wife disliked, and my wife would be pissed at me for not standing up for her. Admittedly I had never stood up to my mother, I always took the time to listen to her side and find reason behind her otherwise inflammatory ways. My wife and mother had a falling out right before the wedding, and forced me to choose sides. I struggled as I found both of them to be at fault. I chose my wife and my mother hated it. Ever since, basically anything that my mother says or does, whether good or not, offends my wife. Even the most genuine attempts by my mother to reach out to my wife are smacked down. My wife has never made any effort to release the past resentment. Over the years my mother has attempted to take the high road, only to be barely acknowledged by my wife. I have always pleaded with my wife to at least pretend to like my mother. She did a bad job of pretending because my mother would always call me and ask why my wife appears to never care or never let go of past feelings. So both saw through each other, my mother would continue to act happy and loving, while my wife never would.

Anyway now our son came into the picture. He is amazing and being the first grandchild on both sides, the grandparents want to be around him every chance they can get. My mother visit every weekend. I told my wife we have to let her do this. My wife dreaded this. I told my mother that one of the weekends, we wanted her to visit on a Sunday (staying over till Monday morning) instead of a Saturday because we had plans that Saturday. In actuality the day was a birthday celebration for my father in law, being held at her parents house. She just didn’t want my mother involved in everything so she put her foot down. My mother wouldn’t take no for an answer and pulled it out of me what we were doing that day. Well she took great offense to the fact that she was not automatically invited, and couldn’t believe how cold, unChristian, and I loving my wife and her family were.

This stuff affects me greatly so of course I share with my wife, and she exclaims she is done with my mother. No longer wants to be nice or pretend, she is tired of how much my mother always wants it all to be her way and then throws out insulting and hurtful words about my wife to get her way. I get messages from my moms friends telling me how I need to see things my moms way, they would never exclude their mother this way, and that my wife is causing all of this.

And so here we are. I saw my mother the next day, and my wife removed herself from the situation by staying out for the day. It was incredibly uncomfortable. I told my mother how mad I was at her for always being so difficult and never just letting it go. I told her my real feelings about how I wished she could stop needing such inclusion and love. Her response was that she is justified in wanting to be included in everything, and that my wife has never shown her any love or effort and it was obvious, so what could she possibly do? I told her my wife is willing to work on this, perhaps in professional therapy. But in reality my wife wants no part of that and has no desire to mend anything anymore. I think she resents me for trying to mend things.

So what do I do? I’m frustrated with my mom for being difficult, always needing more and never letting things go, and saying inflammatory things when she doesn’t get her way. But I see that all she’s ever wanted was peace and love, and my wife never gave her that. I’m frustrated with my wife for getting so easily offended at everything my mother says or does, and I wish she could make any effort to see the other side and let go of such a grudge. My mother is definitely strong willed and manipulative but I think there is love there if only we could work through it. My wife is extremely assertive and refuses to let anyone wrong her twice. Both think the other has always been dead wrong, the entirety of the blame, and will never change. My wife is ok never seeing my mother again, yet my mother says she wants to let bygones be bygones and attempt to work through it.

What should I do? Forever stuck in the middle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Pinkyposh(f): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
E685:

Mattew 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Your mum should allow you and your wife to run your home. She is a divorcee and she shouldn't make you and your wife fall into the same category
Its understandable that you love your mum, but you're married and she should understand that, for peace to reign.
You can invite your mum when you and your wife reaches an agreement

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by ProtectMyMoney: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
E685:
My wife and I have been together for 8 years now, married for 5. I am 33 and she is 30.

Op answer this question truthfully.

Will your wife allow you do to all what you have written above to her own mother?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
Truth be told bro, your wife needs some healing, she's such a bitter person. If we're to judge by what you've said then it is obvious your mum is making efforts to reach out to her but she's seeing to it that the efforts are futile. Your mum has her flaws and faults no doubt but she has the right to her grandchild, bruv she nursed and raised you and so has the right to add a few guests to the list! So when your child wants to get married your wife won't invite people? (Common bro she's being unreasonable here). Ask your wife if she'd live to be treated same way she is treating your mum by her daughter in law. Please pray about it and lovingly talk to your wife, your mum.deserves love and respect, so does your wife but most of all you deserve peace of mind, your child deserves you, you wife and his grandparents.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by laluski(m): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
Delonn:
In fact you are a very stupid boy trying to blame your mom for anything. To hell with you and your stupid marriage. Be writing English here, don't go and tell your wife to apologize to your mom. You are talking like a gold digger. Are you sure you have a job? Are you sure you contributed to the wedding or only your wife paid for everything? If I were close to you I would have given you a very hard knock on your stupid head so your brain could work proper again.

Simple

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by laluski(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Op answer this question truthfully.

Will your wife allow you do to all what you have written above to her own mother?
Even one quarter of it sef
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by gotnel: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
Your family will get settled once you know that it is a great thing to know the roles of your mother from that of your wife.
The two of them are very important to your life.
Your wife came in when your life is made by your mother.
At the stage you are in life now, you need your wife to complement.
You are not doing anything wrong by wanting peace between the two of them.
However, when things start working against your family peace, take your time and find a way.

I believe you all are not living together under the same roof. Particularly your mother is not living in your home.
The mother in law and daughter in law only comes together once in a while.
Your wife should take heart and allow her mother in law to enjoying spotlight whenever occasion demands.
It's not too much for her.
She should have it in mind that very soon, she will have some ladies to contend with on her own son also.
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Dameland: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
Writer, your ajebo is too much jo...Mr pacifier.

Your wife is a biggest manipulator I have ever seen.

I dont get what your wife is playing at.

Looks like she has already created a bad picture of mothers in law and she is just acting out her beliefs.

Why on earth will she not add ur mom's guest on the wedding list....the height of disrespect.

What impetus! A son ur mum spent so many years to raise then during his wedding you refuse to invite her guests...ur wife dey crase?

She don see husband...if your mama no train you well, where she for see man marry?
I have read your post over and over and I am sorry I don't like your wife...(My opinion as a woman married over 15 years) She is not a nice person..
Your wife needs Counselling my brother. Life is waiting for us all. Very soon we will all become mothers in law in a very short time....very short time and what goes around always comes around

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by juman(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
The trouble maker mother should give them space.
A woman that could not maintain her marriage.
She should give them some breathing space.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Heavance(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
A wife, you can always get another....

A mother, you can never find another, talk less get another, mother figure you can only see....

How on earth did the situation go, that made you choose your wife over your mother? You couldn't even play neutral by staying away from both till they decide to settle. You have already empowered your wife, and I pray she doesn't live to be a laughing clown for others.

Seriously, how did you even choose your wife sef, like how?

Do you have friends that you talk to at all? Do they come to your house? Are they comfortable meeting you in your house?
And your siblings, do they visit you at all?

If your friends don't come to your house at all, then we all know the problem o.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Norland4life(f): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
Women?
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by ezugegere(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
You're at fault in all this nonsense. My mum knows her boundary in my home, and my wife knows that she doesn't have option than to respect my mum. Even if my mum crosses her boundary, my wife must not openly disrespect her. She should report to me. You can't be my wife and at the same time hate my mother openly. It's not possible

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by bummyla(m): 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
My Brother Let Them No Kill You With High Blood Pressure!

Plan A Two Weeks Holidays! Take Your Son And Disappear For Two Weeks, Without Telling Anyone! When You Reappear! Tell The both Of Them, if they dont change their ways, na so, you go leave them, disappear for good someday!

https://www.bummyla.com

E685:

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by bummyla(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
GOD Bless You Sir!

ezugegere:
You're at fault in all this nonsense. My mum knows her boundary in my home, and my wife knows that she doesn't have option than to respect my mum. Even if my mum crosses her boundary, my wife must not openly disrespect her. She should report to me. You can't be my wife and at the same time hate my mother openly. It's not possible
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Shugargal(f): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
chidekings:
From your write up,u are tolerating ur wife disrespect to your mother with all this flimsy excuses of yours.
Bros I salute you. see am a woman, I will never on this earth hear or even see anyone look at my mother with disdain, thunder go fire person I swear down, sorry to say, my immediate senior bro wan try mummsy base on say he thinks he has started growing big balls, Base on say she caution him about the kind gals he brings to the house, mummy called me and was even crying on the phone complaining what happened, oboi I can't withstand that, I take the next available flight home, I bundled my bros,in fact I check him mentality weda one knot don comot.since then till date him no fit try mumsy with nanssense shit.at op,go talk to your Wify abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Heavance(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
sisisioge:
You guys can't possibly be in Nigeria!

Firstly, you wife needs to take a chill pill. Talk to her in front of her own mother and let her feel through her eyes how it feels to be hated by one's own child's spouse. Put things in perspectives for her and remind her of her days of mother in-lawhood coming too. After all, she has a son.

Meanwhile, you mother needs to get a grip of herself! You are married now and living your own life. Talk really well and stand up to her....infact, threaten to move far away if she doesn't amend her ways. She can't be visiting every weekend! She cannot be included in everything! She cant be insulting your wife! She should mind herself really well so she doesn't break your family and lose you guys. Hian!

This is what those celebs may also face, those with only one child (son) and are not with the child's father, the way they show off with them on social media ehn, they will face such scenario with their daughter-in-law.
Imagine the son getting married and there is no one in the house with them anymore, they will believe it is their right to stay with the son as well.

What am I saying sef? Let's just cool down for future movies

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
E685:

Add

Honestly after reading your write up, the only person I can blame is you. You caused it all. You already understand the temperaments of your wife and your mother. They are only trying to dominate you and make sure you choose a permanent side because you've not shown are not the man. Your mum is using what she has always used when you are growing up to make you choose her side and your wife is using her position to make sure you are on her side permanently. None of them has committed any offence because that how we are all wired. We are all selfish. You also need to look at this situation from another dimension, if you are not there for any reason. Is this the kind of environment you want to leave for your children to grow up in? When your mum is portrayed as a
bad person to her own grandchildren or a Situation where your children will resent your wife and their mother for the way she treated her dad's family. You need to become dominant and be a man. You need to let your wife see reasons why your mum is very important. Without her, there's no you and I'm sure if they are her parents, no matter what they have done she would have tolerated their excesses. Also you need to let your mother understand that though she's very important to you, she need to know that you have made a decision concerning your life as you are old enough to do. Marriage is very important to you and there is no choosing of sides. You have made a decision and she needs to respect your decision and work with your decision for your own good. You also need to set a specific time for them to reconcile permanently and if both of them cant do that, they should be ready to lose you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Dameland: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
bummyla:
My Brother Let Them No Kill You With High Blood Pressure!

Plan A Two Weeks Holidays! Take Your Son And Disappear For Two Weeks, Without Telling Anyone! When You Reappear! Tell The both Of Them, if they dont change their ways, na so, you go leave them, disappear for good someday!

https://www.bummyla.com

I concur.

A disappearing act will sort out all this nonsense.
The young man needs to be a man as all this his diplomatic stance has not worked.
He needs to run away into a hideout with his son for four weeks. The women will team up together and become friends by force.
He is the link between both women so when the link is missing. He should make himself scarce....very scarce.
If not he is on his way to an eàrly grave because that woman called his wife will kill him and nothing will happen.
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by GuestLog: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2020
ALL THREE OF YOU ARE WRONG!

MOM for interfering in your marital affairs. Let her park well.

WIFE for lack of everything a wife should be

YOU for being a wimp who can't put both of them in their place.

As a man, if you have no control of these two women, your life is in a mess!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by midnighter(f): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
cheesy did I hear somebody say that their mother visits every weekend? Hahaha dem never born am well ooo

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Longman180(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Candiesramah:
It's this your wife that will kill you. It's like once some of you men get married, you trade your sense of reasoning along the way. Just imagine the nonsense you defended. What was wrong in your mum requesting an addition in your wedding guest list? Would that your wife have rejected it if it had come from her mother? She should be happy she got a good mother-in-law willing to make things work out, else, she would have been shown what's like to have issues with mothers-in-law. I don't blame her sha, it's you I blame.
grin

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by highcurrent: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
op shebi you guys now have a son, don't worry time will tell.

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by midnighter(f): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
E685:
The very first issue involved our wedding planning. My wife had a very clear plan for the guest list, and my mom asked for a number of her friends to be included on the list. My wife did not want that, got immediately upset and the situation blew out of control.

Sorry but what did your wife mean by that Whats wrong with your mother bringing some of her friends to her own sons wedding?

Some girls sha

Too bad! Sorry, I need to join in reading some of the advice here because this your story get serious diastema
Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by midnighter(f): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
Candiesramah:
It's this your wife that will kill you. It's like once some of you men get married, you trade your sense of reasoning along the way. Just imagine the nonsense you defended. What was wrong in your mum requesting an addition in your wedding guest list? Would that your wife have rejected it if it had come from her mother? She should be happy she got a good mother-in-law willing to make things work out, else, she would have been shown what's like to have issues with mothers-in-law. I don't blame her sha, it's you I blame.

Thank you, Sorry but the girl was really stupid for that... He should have cancelled the nonsense wedding until she saw sense, tueh!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by Kenchukky(m): 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
A woman carries me for nine months, she's my flesh and blood, raises me up through thick and thin until I am grown up and suddenly out of the blues another woman wants to kick her out of my life. You judge for yourself what should be done to that woman. She should be the one negotiating peace deals with her mother in-law not the other way round. Would she treat her mom that way? She get luck you have time seeking opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other by tityboi: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
It’s common most pretend

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / ‘I Mistakenly Cheated On My Wife With Her Kid Sister’ / Should I Marry A Man With A Low Sperm Count?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.