Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun (2662 Views)

Arewa North: It Appears That Tinubu Will Be Able To Govern Better Than Buhari / Why Arewa Gave Igbos Three Months But Yoruba 72 Hours, Igbos Will Be Missed / Why Arewa Consultative Forum Won’t Endorse Either Buhari Or Atiku – Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Built2last: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2020
AMOTEKUN, WHAT IS THE AREWA NORTH AFRAID OF?

The level of apprehension, paranoia, and panic that has gripped the Arewa North since the inauguration of the Yoruba Regional Security Outfit codenamed Operation Amotekun (which is not even going to bear arms) is indicative of something very positive for the non-Caliphate rest of the country.

In the entire southwest, there are state owned vigilante services helping to provide security for the locals. In the East, you have the Forest guards in Enugu, the Homeland Security (not fully operational but has been approved by the police) in Abia and one of the best organized vigilante services in Anambra. Yet, neither the Northern controlled security agencies nor the Attorney General has declared those ones illegal.

Why Amotekun?

Well the answer is not far fetched.

It is not really the Amotekun the Danfodios are scared of. It is the fact that a Southern region was able to find the needed UNITY and COURAGE to look beyond partisanship and other mawkish considerations by setting up a regional security outfit to protect their people from a govt sponsored terrorist group masquerading as cow herders. The Caliphate sees this as a form of defiance on the part of the Yoruba. But even more than this, the Arewa North fears the ripple effect of the success of operation Amotekun and one of those ripple effects is that other regions which have been victims of the murderous indiscretion of the fulani killer herdsmen will follow the Yoruba example by setting up their own regional security. And when this is replicated in most part of the country, you will have Organic Restructuring even without amending the Constitution. This is their biggest fear.

As for Miyetti Allah, their fears are understandable; no thief will be happy that his victim has decided to put measures in place to secure his home.

What the Jukun people of Taraba just did, announcing their own security outfit is what every non-Caliphate part of this forced union needs to do. Don't just stop at showing solidarity to the Yorubas, come out with your own regional security outfit. This is not about the Yoruba as a people. This is about every region in the country making a bold statement that a govt which has refused to protect her citizens has no right to stop them from protecting themselves especially when the killers of these citizens are being protected by the same govt.

There is something the Southeast can learn from Amotekun.

The fact that both the official inauguration of Amotekun and the back and forth verbal gymnastics with the affidavit Attorney General are being handled by the duly elected governors of the SouthWest (most of whom are APC and even in their first term) has a lesson for Ndigbo: YOU CANNOT LIBERATE A PEOPLE WITHOUT BEING IN CHARGE OF THEIR POLITICS. It is your being in charge of their politics that will give you the needed legitimacy, platform as well as the structure to be their savior. As a matter of urgent importance, we must take more interest in the caliber of men and women managing our affairs at home. If we don't, by 2023 which is almost here, this same crop of politicians will still be running our affairs and no amount of social media insult and name calling will change that. When your regional politics is controlled by men who think of their political interests before thinking of your safety, you stand absolutely no chance of being liberated. You can dislike your politicians. But you cannot hate politics itself because it is the key to everything including your liberation. Political power is the number1 controller of all other powers. It is the reason some clown in Abuja can sit in some office and declare a regional security effort illegal. It is also the reason the Yoruba governors who are resisting him haven't been "gifted" with Python dance.

By Charles Ogbu

12 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Built2last: 12:31am On Jan 18, 2020
ON AMOTEKUN, IHEANACHO OO WROTE

"Whenever you hear your neighbor complaining about the height of your fence and the strength of your gate including you having plenty dogs. Feel relaxed coz you have identified the thief around you."

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by budaatum: 12:34am On Jan 18, 2020
Don't mind us. It's not like we Yorubas already have OPC and Area Boys.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by DaBullIT(m): 1:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Damn, as good as this writeup could have been , i sighted just one turn off

It is not really the Amotekun the Danfodios are scared of. It is the fact that a Southern region was able to find the needed UNITY and COURAGE to look beyond partisanship and other mawkish considerations by setting up a regional security outfit to protect their people from a govt sponsored terrorist group masquerading as cow herders

I immediately knew it was written by LiePod agents

Cow herding has been a business since time of Jesus Christ and these disputes and killings have been happening in Nigeria since 1999 or before i have posted this thing here before , so to say govt sponsors herdsmen to terrorize other region / tribe is just stupid

CAPITAL NO NO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Built2last: 1:32am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

It is not really the Amotekun the Danfodios are scared of. It is the fact that a Southern region was able to find the needed UNITY and COURAGE to look beyond partisanship and other mawkish considerations by setting up a regional security outfit to protect their people from a govt sponsored terrorist group masquerading as cow herders

Cow herding has been a business since time of Jesus Christ and these disputes and killings have been happening in Nigeria since 1999 or before i have posted this thing here before , so to say govt sponsors herdsmen to terrorize other region / tribe is just stupid

CAPITAL NO NO

You can continue to hallucinate or remain delusional about stark realities.

Nobody gives a flying f**k about your shallow history of Fulani.

Amotekun is here to stay and will deal with your Fulani vampires.

17 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by DaBullIT(m): 1:39am On Jan 18, 2020
Too stupid to understand that i am Yoruba and that i am in support of the Amotekun project while pointing out that the author of the piece didn't need to accuse FG of sponsoring Fulani herdsmen to kill every other person ??

Shame
Built2last:

You can continue to hallucinate or remain delusional about stark realities.

Nobody gives a flying f**k about your shallow history of Fulani.

Amotekun is here to stay and will deal with your Fulani vampires.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by sematec(m): 1:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Back in those years, do herdsmen carry ak47 rifles?

2 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by basty: 3:56am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO

I am sorry brother, if you cannot see anything good in this write up, it means you are not good.

10 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by DaBullIT(m): 4:12am On Jan 18, 2020
In your really sensible sense , you strongly believe Buhari is paying herdsmen to wreak havoc on other cities and tribes in this country ?? when herder / farmer crisis happened in 2000-2003 under Obasanjo , did OBJ pay them ??

When the issue sprang up under jonathan too , i guess Jonathan was paying them to murder every hausa and Yoruba ??

You will argue , but why won't you people use common sense , Herders and farmers class didn't start yesterday if you can't process that , don't bother to reply
basty:

I am sorry brother, if you cannot see anything good in this write up, it means you are not good.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Racoon(m): 4:24am On Jan 18, 2020
President Buhari has made it his lifelong ambition to oppose any form of restructuring. He has been an advocate of Fulani supremacy all his life. He has been a strong advocate and promoter of Sharia law and the Islamic faith.

He has been a loyal disciple of Uthman Dan Fodio who believed that the entire Nigeria was meant for the Northerners to occupy, rule and control. That is why Buhari has had a long standing ambition to become President to continue this hegemonic ambition of Fulanis to rule, control and dominate Nigeria. Now, the ambition is even beyond Nigeria.

The entire Fulani people across Africa are looking for a home for all Fulanis and Buhari has been seen as a suitable Grand Patron for that agenda.So, right now Buhari is acting as grand patron of that agenda for the pan- African Fulani people

That is why you see a lot of killer herdsmen today, many of them are not Nigerians. They are coming from Mali, Niger, Gambia and all African countries where you have Fulanis. They believe that this is the place God has ordained for them to be their home and Buhari is facilitating that for them.

That is why they are killing our people & want to take over our lands.If you notice, as soon as they ravage a village and kill the villagers, they take over the village and they rename the village and give it a Fulani name.
Very soon, they install an Emir and turn it into an Emirate. That is what they want to do all over the country through RUGA settlement.
https://www.independent.ng/buhari-has-made-nigeria-headquarters-of-fulanis-in-africa-okurounmu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Racoon(m): 4:24am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]..
DaBullIT:
....Cow herding....disputes and killings have been happening in Nigeria since 1999 or before i have posted this thing here before , so to say govt sponsors herdsmen to terrorize other region/tribe is just stupid.CAPITAL NO NO
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by tribalmall: 4:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by YungMillionaire: 4:59am On Jan 18, 2020
cool cool cool cool
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by selemempe: 5:27am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO
why do yorubas defend fulanis like stupid, shallow fans?

On ground, police officers posted in Benue state at the heat of Benue killings in 2016 said you dare not arrest a Fulani man in Benue for whatever offence. A direct order by the then CP of Benue.
Fulanis sacked and settled in villages for weeks without military or police moving in.

Tell me what regional effort to curb Fulani herdsmen excesses that has not been challenged or crippled by this FG? Even legal instrument like anti-grazing bills where declared illegal.
Do you see why Igbos dislike yorubas? Once Igbo takes a stance, yorubas unnecessarily take the opposing stance just to spite Igbos even if it's against their best interest. Is this type of abubaku not beneath you people? Who licks ass in the 21st century? Why why why do yorubas defend fulanis even when Fulani is fighting against them.

In the height of June 12 a yoruba man became president and spent his three months in office defending the injustice done to Abiola.
A yoruba man became VP to Abacha and spent 4 years canvassing support for him while Abiola languished.

Shame on all Abubakus. Double shame on you

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by itsme01: 5:45am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO

Yet Meyeti Allah criminals are released at the police station after destroying farmers crop on the authority of the IGP for Divisional Police Head to seek mutal compensation rather than outright prosecution

Yet FG is seeking land for the so called Private Herders?

Yet Out of 2019 budget, few Billions was seperated to create a ranch in the Aso Rock

Yet all Military Cantonments Nationwide now has a Cattle ranch

Yet The FG tried twice to implement government land accusition for Herding and Herdsmen through Cattle Colony and RUGA settlement

And Now a mere trade union Group like Meyeti Allah cattle breeders now make public statements that can cause breach of peace but are not arrested

why hasnt association of Fish sellers and peper seller also issued reckless ultimatums

Let us use our brains and stop decieving ourselves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Built2last:

The fact that both the official inauguration of Amotekun and the back and forth verbal gymnastics with the affidavit Attorney General are being handled by the duly elected governors of the SouthWest (most of whom are APC and even in their first term) has a lesson for Ndigbo: YOU CANNOT LIBERATE A PEOPLE WITHOUT BEING IN CHARGE OF THEIR POLITICS. It is your being in charge of their politics that will give you the needed legitimacy, platform as well as the structure to be their savior. As a matter of urgent importance, we must take more interest in the caliber of men and women managing our affairs at home. If we don't, by 2023 which is almost here, this same crop of politicians will still be running our affairs and no amount of social media insult and name calling will change that. When your regional politics is controlled by men who think of their political interests before thinking of your safety, you stand absolutely no chance of being liberated. You can dislike your politicians. But you cannot hate politics itself because it is the key to everything including your liberation. Political power is the number1 controller of all other powers. It is the reason some clown in Abuja can sit in some office and declare a regional security effort illegal. It is also the reason the Yoruba governors who are resisting him haven't been "gifted" with Python dance.
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 6:53am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO

It is a beautiful piece. Do not expect it to be perfect. Overlook the flaw and admire the writer and his message.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 6:55am On Jan 18, 2020
selemempe:
why do yorubas defend fulanis like stupid, shallow fans?

On ground, police officers posted in Benue state at the heat of Benue killings in 2016 said you dare not arrest a Fulani man in Benue for whatever offence. A direct order by the then CP of Benue.
Fulanis sacked and settled in villages for weeks without military or police moving in.

Tell me what regional effort to curb Fulani herdsmen excesses that has not been challenged or crippled by this FG? Even legal instrument like anti-grazing bills where declared illegal.
Do you see why Igbos dislike yorubas? Once Igbo takes a stance, yorubas unnecessarily take the opposing stance just to spite Igbos even if it's against their best interest. Is this type of abubaku not beneath you people? Who licks ass in the 21st century? Why why why do yorubas defend fulanis even when Fulani is fighting against them.

In the height of June 12 a yoruba man became president and spent his three months in office defending the injustice done to Abiola.
A yoruba man became VP to Abacha and spent 4 years canvassing support for him while Abiola languished.

Shame on all Abubakus. Double shame on you

Is DabullIT a Yoruba? grin

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by 9jii(m): 7:00am On Jan 18, 2020
Built2last:
ON AMOTEKUN, IHEANACHO OO WROTE

"Whenever you hear your neighbor complaining about the height of your fence and the strength of your gate including you having plenty dogs. Feel relaxed coz you have identified the thief around you."
You are all imagining things in your head and jus stressing yourselves. You need to focus that energy in making that thing to work not be calling North up and down.
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by helinues: 7:00am On Jan 18, 2020
lipsrsealed

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:
In your really sensible sense , you strongly believe Buhari is paying herdsmen to wreak havoc on other cities and tribes in this country ?? when herder / farmer crisis happened in 2000-2003 under Obasanjo , did OBJ pay them ??

When the issue sprang up under jonathan too , i guess Jonathan was paying them to murder every hausa and Yoruba ??

You will argue , but why won't you people use common sense , Herders and farmers class didn't start yesterday if you can't process that , don't bother to reply

Smuggling is a trade. Smuggling of contraband has always been a part of human endeavors. Currently smugglers are under severe crunch because their trade has collapsed since Buhari shut borders.

Everyone loves rice. Rice has more consumption than beef. Imagine that RAGMAN (Rice and Grain Marketers Association of Nigeria) decide to arm themselves with ak47 and start to raid local rice farmers for their harvest and kill them, rape their women, kill their children and burn down their houses.

Wont this be strange to you? Will you call it a clash?

MACBAN has owned up to arming of herders, they call it self defense. From who?

This is terrorism, not clash.

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:
Too stupid to understand that i am Yoruba and that i am in support of the Amotekun project while pointing out that the author of the piece didn't need to accuse FG of sponsoring Fulani herdsmen to kill every other person ??

Shame

But the FG is sponsoring fulani herdsmen.

Matawalle in Zamfara is using govt money to pay amnesty to fulani herders and bandits at international border.

Where in constitution is a governor allowed to negotiate cross-border conflict? Why hasnt FG stepped in? Because the money is expected to be invested in purchasing more arms and recruiting more forces.

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by givbitcoin: 7:28am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO

Please tell them. These Southern unbelievers will not know what hits them.

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by selemempe: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2020
MayorofLagos:

Is DabullIT a Yoruba? grin
DaBullIT post=85886803:
Too stupid to understand that i am Yoruba
and that i am in support of the Amotekun project while pointing out that the author of the piece didn't need to accuse FG of sponsoring Fulani herdsmen to kill every other person ??

Shame
is he not?

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Yolmelifya: 7:54am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

Yet Meyeti Allah criminals are released at the police station after destroying farmers crop on the authority of the IGP for Divisional Police Head to seek mutal compensation rather than outright prosecution

Yet FG is seeking land for the so called Private Herders?

Yet Out of 2019 budget, few Billions was seperated to create a ranch in the Aso Rock

Yet all Military Cantonments Nationwide now has a Cattle ranch

Yet The FG tried twice to implement government land accusition for Herding and Herdsmen through Cattle Colony and RUGA settlement

And Now a mere trade union Group like Meyeti Allah cattle breeders now make public statements that can cause breach of peace but are not arrested

Let us use our brains and stop decieving ourselves
[/s]

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by CharlotteFlair: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2020
budaatum:
Don't mind us. It's not like we Yorubas already have OPC and Area Boys.
More senselessness. You need help Asap. Hiss
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by CharlotteFlair: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

CAPITAL NO NO
Trying to sound patriotic lol.

All your leaders who spoke on and off camera never mimced words in saying it.

The body language of buhari and his goons towards herdmen nefarious activities is same as he had for Boko Haram prior 2015.

No president dead or alive tacitly surpported these killers like this regime.

You are probably the only Yoruba still in BMC

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by MarrisManah(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:

I do understand your point and concerns. Buhari or any other previous leaders need not pay some group to unleash mayhem on the people. But there's what is called 'body language'... More like a tacit approval. That believe, that we'll be ok after the attack, that boldness and little action from the government is an expression of sponsorship.
Though I still don't think it was necessary in the article. Hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by slimfit1(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2020
I just discovered that the UK imports meat from Namibia, and guess what the price of a stake I don't know if that is the spelling however, it cost £50, now imagine how much the whole cow would cost.
Please, tell me apart from oil, what else do we export? The manager of the factory told me that the meat is in demand. Because it doesn't have fat.
Why can't FG educate these Fulani people, show them opportunities available? The Namibia cow farmers have ranches.
They can work with farmers so that the waste from their harvest could be kept to feed their cows even the waste from the cows can fertilise the soil.
It is all about effective communication which the ministry of agriculture failed to do with both sides. It's all about scratch mine back I I scratch yours.
That's what sensible government would pursue.

1 Like

Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by FemiMaduka(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2020
TM
Re: See Why Arewa North Is Afraid Of Amotekun by Hedonisco: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2020
The Fulani banditry and kidnapping going on across the country is used as an instrument of domination and repression, fully authorised by Fulani leaders. That's why they don't want anything that would curtail this evil agenda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra State Have The Lowest Unemployment In Nigeria Accordly To NBS / Biafra : Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Monthly Dues Across Biafra Land / ESN: When Wisdom Begets Foolishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.