Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

UBA PLC: My Complaints - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA PLC: My Complaints (10502 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by blues: 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hi guyz,

UBA is a Big for nothing Bank . Very primitive. please have an account with GTB and have a feel of what millenium banking is all about. A friend introduced me to GTB and after tasting their services i moved all my account from the said Big for Nothing Bank down.

blues for life
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Dpyoga(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2007
wetin my Bank do for u.If u like it or not is still the biggest in Nigeria.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Prince22(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2007
Dpyoga,

Do you really know what you are saying?

Are you serious with your statement?

As a good Nigerian Pls, be real and let us face the truth and Trash out Rubbish that put common men agony.

Tx.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by manoy(m): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2007
uba my foot,that 14th generation bank
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Lexyl(m): 9:13am On Jun 14, 2007
Infact, am not happy with way UBA handle my importation documents, the lost the document thrice after submitting to the brance at Apapa, i had to go marina myself to find out why my RAR has not been release , i was later told my document could not be traceable, i felt like slapping the idiot that said it. i just behave matured and ask what next? She now a said if i could provide another copy. Meanwhile, the shippment is on two months demmurage at the Apapa Port.
Its seems, the bank is not really concern about their customer and the PR is bad. To be honest Zenith Bank is better in customer relation.
Why must every thing be blame on Nigerian factor,
Lets pray for UBA to change. This their ATM card is always given me problem also anytime i want withdraw money.
Thanks
Lexyl
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by onuku: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2007
i have a domiciliary account with UBA, and Spring Bank. To my greatest surprise, UBA was deducting 3.5% on any money that i transfered from source, yet i still have to deduct 1% when I do any withdrawal.
Is that how banks in Nigeria do their business.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by MyPeace(f): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
my compliant is that since l opened a savings acount with them for that past three months, they have not paid me any single interest. when i was closing my account with Union Bank for them, the union bank staff i met that day, warned me seriously that l will still come back to them after trying them. UnionBank i know pay interest for savings account, why cant UBA pay? l may have no option than to close that account, unless they do something about it. am only giving them a grace of another 3months.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by henry007(m): 6:24am On Sep 22, 2007
i opened a domiciliary account 4 online profit and stuff---------------wat next oh.e-gold's askin 4 number. i need help here oh
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by nairamar(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2007
Thank you for the info, I was considering them as a bank but now I will stay well away.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by MyPeace(f): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2007
another wahala with UBA, l recently paid in 30k into my a/c. could you imagine my follow Nairalanders that only 20k was credited to my a/c. How do l got to know, u may ask. l withdrew some money from my account and the wrote my balance as usual. Am not yet a millionaire grin, so l have my balance even when am sleeping cheesy. l went straight to the customer service desk and complained that the bal they wrote is not mine, she cross checked her system, still the same. l told her the last payment l made was 30k if thats the case my bal shoud be so so and so. she asked me whether am sure of the 30k, and ordered me to bring the payment slip. Thank God l still have the thing in my office, l rushed brought it and gave to her, after all said and done, they apologised and wrote my real balance. So you got to carry your balance for head ooooo grin
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by bibiking1(m): 4:15am On Sep 25, 2007
well the main problem with that bank is their customer service. they actually act like you are a beggar all the time. i have almost stopped banking with them, they are crazy if they feel they can keep treating people like sub-humans
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Prince22(m): 1:36am On Sep 26, 2007
The Bank need to be overhaul

Or change their current 'BIG GUYS STAFF' to recollect their image
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Alamasco(m): 4:11am On Jan 04, 2009
i had the intention to open an accout with them but wat i just hearld now had discouraged me. This called enforcement in stealing. CBN should look into that to check if its proper
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by JJYOU: 4:38am On Jan 04, 2009
MyPeace:

another wahala with UBA, l recently paid in 30k into my a/c. could you imagine my follow Nairalanders that only 20k was credited to my a/c. How do l got to know, u may ask. l withdrew some money from my account and the wrote my balance as usual. Am not yet a millionaire grin, so l have my balance even when am sleeping cheesy. l went straight to the customer service desk and complained that the bal they wrote is not mine, she cross checked her system, still the same. l told her the last payment l made was 30k if thats the case my bal shoud be so so and so. she asked me whether am sure of the 30k, and ordered me to bring the payment slip. Thank God l still have the thing in my office, l rushed brought it and gave to her, after all said and done, they apologised and wrote my real balance. So you got to carry your balance for head ooooo grin
this is the naija factor in banking. the cashier took 10k and paid in 20k. it happens all the time.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nimshi: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2009
MyPeace:

You did right by having the payment slip with you. This may have been a mistake on the part of the bank teller. All's well that ends well. The lesson shouldn't be forgotten: always have a record of the transaction.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by JJYOU: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2009
Nimshi:

You did right by having the payment slip with you. This may have been a mistake on the part of the bank teller. All's well that ends well. The lesson shouldn't be forgotten: always have a record of the transaction.
more a take away without missing than mistake. it happens especially when paying cash in large amounts. cashiers take the money and record lesser amounts
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nimshi: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2009
JJYOU:

more a take away without missing than mistake. it happens especially when paying cash in large amounts. cashiers take the money and record lesser amounts

It is for this reason that you must take a very good look at your slip before leaving the bank - and before leaving the cashier; this is your proof, and once you've delivered the cash, the slip becomes a substitute for it. Whatever the amount, make it a practice to always keep your slip safe.

And, here's more: attempt to encourage your business partners to go cashless as much as is possible; let them send a cheque, or let them sign on to your bank's online service. It's a long road, but we'll get there.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by bongabiz(m): 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
Please does anyone know if they deduct for PAYMENTS into non-domiciled accounts? That would be crazy!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by jcross19: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
please can some one help me oooooooooooh my bank account got frozen by first bank they said the account was frozen by NFIU and i dont know how long it will take them to release it . please i need help what can i do
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by sholasho(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2010
@jcross19,
Dont wait any longer go to the bank on monday morning to make complain. Its a minor issue but if you dont complain how would it be released back?
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by jcross19: 9:17am On Apr 17, 2010
thanks
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by onc4all(f): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2010
UBA is the worst bank infact is remaining for them to start armed robbery.
When u deposit they will charge u.
Withdrawal they will also charge u.
Eventually u decided to leave the money for a long time,no interest.

I have abandoned my 2 accounts with them.

I deposited 1m with them and they charged me 5k
when i withdrew 500k,they charged me over 3k and if u use their ATM to withdraw 20k,
they will charge u N100 based on this i use my atm on other bank's atm since is the same N100 they will also charge me.

UBA Tufiakwa unu oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I went to withdraw money they told me i have irregular signature for that no payment.
Infant, the bank should be closed down.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by sopey: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
All banks take charges for every service rendered.There's is a banker tariff approved for every bank in nigeria by CBN but UBA has decided to come up with theirs.

It would have been better if their customer service was execellent.No one will complain.

UBA is the worst bank in nigeria despite the merger process between them and the former STB governed by the cowboy banker(Tony).

my people, let's give the new management benefit of doubt,

Kudos to GT bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan to honor 100 Nigerian companies / Five Million To Invest / Do We Really Owe Taiwo Akinkumi- The Man That Designed Nigeria's Flag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.