Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) (39743 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Your mumu never do ?, when are you going to sanction Matthew Kukah, for his partisan political statements ?. He is busy supporting PDP party against APC, just last week, he made childish talks. C.A.N or Catholics that's your headache, for there are no difference.

Did he specifically endorse any politician for any election?

(Remember what's written in the first post).

This does not mean that priests cannot be involved in politics at all. Priests can criticise governments, condemn corruption, advocate that government should help the poor, etc. They can also vote in elections, but they must not tell their congregation to vote for politician Y or to vote against politician X.

1 Share

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Patrioticman007(m): 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
bilulu:

What is the business of CAN with CBCN? Did you even read anything there at all? Ignorant dull fellow

Your mumu never do ?, when are you going to sanction Matthew Kukah, for his partisan political statements ?. He is busy supporting PDP party against APC, just last week, he made childish talks. C.A.N or C.B.C.N that's your headache, for there are no difference.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Patrioticman007(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=naptu2 post=85929928]

[/quote

I said your mumu never do ?. Read this fact,
- A pro-Buhari organisation has called for the withdrawal of the bishop of Sokoto diocese from the National peace committee

- The organisation accused bishop Mathew kukah of partisanship by alleged display of support for pdp's presidential candidate

- BMO's request followed a recent meeting between former president Olusegun Obasanjo and Atiku Abubakar

The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has called for the withdrawal of the Catholic bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Reverend Matthew kukah from the National Peace Committee led by former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar.

The organisation made the call in a statement issued by its chairman Niyi Akinsiju and secretary Cassidy Madueke on Tuesday, October 16, in Abuja.

The group said the call had become necessary because of kukah’s alleged open display of support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (pdp), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

It noted that the Abdulsalam Abubakar-led committee was one that should be seen to be non partisan because of the role it was meant to play in the run-up to the 2015 general elections.

“We are surprised, like many Nigerians, to see bishop kukah in the company of the opposition candidate at a reconciliation meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo,” the group said.

It recalled that kukah had later on claimed to be the strategic mind behind the reconciliation which was targeted at bringing the two parties together to fight President Buhari administration.

“This is not expected of a clergyman who is seen in some quarters as the alternate head of the National Peace Committee.

“He has shown his bias and as such cannot be trusted to be non-partisan,” the group stressed.

It dismissed claims by the Catholic bishop that he was not aware of the political nature of the gathering as tales that no one would believe.

According to the group, kukah is the key figure behind the reconciliation, a step he took knowing that Atiku was a pdp presidential aspirant.

“And if it is true that bishop kukah is insisting that he was only exercising his right to free movement.

“We are also demanding that having shown his hand, he has no reason to sit on a panel that is meant to be non-partisan,” the group maintained.

It added that it fully supports President Buhari’s admonition that religious leaders abstain from partisan politics.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that bishop kukah had denied endorsing Atiku Abubakar.

The bishop also explained his role in the October 11 meeting in Abeokuta that ended in the historic reconciliation of former president Olusegun Obasanjo and his former deputy, Atiku Abubakar.

bishop kukah said he only facilitated reconciliation between the two men. He also claimed that he was not part of the event which saw Obasanjo endorse Abubakar for the 2019 presidential election.

https://www.naija.ng/1198625-atiku-obj-meeting-bmo-seeks-kukahs-withdrawal-national-peace-cttee.html
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Patrioticman007(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:

Your mumu never do ?, these clergy romance with the politicians of their choice, just for the money like M.Kukah just for Atikulooted dollars.
Read the facts bellow
- A pro-Buhari organisation has called for the withdrawal of the bishop of Sokoto diocese from the National peace committee

- The organisation accused bishop Mathew kukah of partisanship by alleged display of support for pdp's presidential candidate

- BMO's request followed a recent meeting between former president Olusegun Obasanjo and Atiku Abubakar

The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) has called for the withdrawal of the Catholic bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Reverend Matthew kukah from the National Peace Committee led by former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar.

The organisation made the call in a statement issued by its chairman Niyi Akinsiju and secretary Cassidy Madueke on Tuesday, October 16, in Abuja.

The group said the call had become necessary because of kukah’s alleged open display of support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (pdp), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

It noted that the Abdulsalam Abubakar-led committee was one that should be seen to be non partisan because of the role it was meant to play in the run-up to the 2015 general elections.

“We are surprised, like many Nigerians, to see bishop kukah in the company of the opposition candidate at a reconciliation meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo,” the group said.

It recalled that kukah had later on claimed to be the strategic mind behind the reconciliation which was targeted at bringing the two parties together to fight President Buhari administration.

“This is not expected of a clergyman who is seen in some quarters as the alternate head of the National Peace Committee.

“He has shown his bias and as such cannot be trusted to be non-partisan,” the group stressed.

It dismissed claims by the Catholic bishop that he was not aware of the political nature of the gathering as tales that no one would believe.

According to the group, kukah is the key figure behind the reconciliation, a step he took knowing that Atiku was a pdp presidential aspirant.

“And if it is true that bishop kukah is insisting that he was only exercising his right to free movement.

“We are also demanding that having shown his hand, he has no reason to sit on a panel that is meant to be non-partisan,” the group maintained.

It added that it fully supports President Buhari’s admonition that religious leaders abstain from partisan politics.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that bishop kukah had denied endorsing Atiku Abubakar.

The bishop also explained his role in the October 11 meeting in Abeokuta that ended in the historic reconciliation of former president Olusegun Obasanjo and his former deputy, Atiku Abubakar.

bishop kukah said he only facilitated reconciliation between the two men. He also claimed that he was not part of the event which saw Obasanjo endorse Abubakar for the 2019 presidential election.

https://www.naija.ng/1198625-atiku-obj-meeting-bmo-seeks-kukahs-withdrawal-national-peace-cttee.html
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=Patrioticman007 post=85930069][/quote]

You still haven't shown me where he endorsed any candidate.

Bishop Kukah and Stella Obasanjo's family have been friends for decades (through Sir Christopher) and therefore he knows Olusegun Obasanjo. Obasanjo and Atiku were quarrelling and as a priest it's his duty to reconcile them. He sought the advice of his archbishop and his archbishop told him to go ahead and he reconciled them.

Did he address the press to tell people to vote for Atiku? Did he say Atiku is the best person for the job? In fact, did he say anything about Atiku at that meeting?

If your grouse is that he met Atiku, well he also met Buhari before the election.

Now, show me where he endorsed anyone (I can show you where Mbaka endorsed candidates for elections).

This does not mean that priests cannot be involved in politics at all. Priests can criticise governments, condemn corruption, advocate that government should help the poor, etc. They can also vote in elections, but they must not tell their congregation to vote for politician Y or to vote against politician X.

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Beyin7: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
the rules should be obeyed.if u can not obey the rules don't be a priest .
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by orisa37: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
rhames:
[/b]

Where did you get this from bro?

ALL SCRIPTURES ARE FROM ABOVE AND THEY ARE GOOD FOR LEARNING.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Austineva(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Authoreety:

Oya collect am
smh

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by lookingfly: 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Until when mbaka starts prophesying in favour of other parties apart from APC.....na fake prophet him be.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Mrexcell(m): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:
Reverend Father Moses Adasu

http://www.ibadanarchdiocese.org/newsdetail.php?tab=264

Fr. Mbaka should have opened his own church and become a billionaire general overseer like oyedepo instead going against the rules and regulations of the Catholic Church.

https://tivpedia.org.ng/reverend-father-moses-orshio-adasu/
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Mrexcell(m): 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:
Reverend Father Moses Adasu

http://www.ibadanarchdiocese.org/newsdetail.php?tab=264

Fr. Mbaka should have opened his own church and become a billionaire general overseer like oyedepo instead of staying in the Catholic Church and going against the church rules and regulations.

https://tivpedia.org.ng/reverend-father-moses-orshio-adasu/
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by tityboi: 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
Fake pastor
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Godisgreatest1: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
CaptainMeks:

Group or Organization? So the Catholic Church is now a group or Organization and no longer the body OF CHRIST WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH AND WHO HAS GIVEN US HIS WORD AS A GUIDE and not the Canon law?

You may as well call the Catholic Church a Cult as well

Today anybody can come online, type many letters and use different grammars but when you put them together it will sum up to NOTHING. I am still searching for the video or audio that proves that Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka TELLS HIS CONGREGATION WHICH CANDIDATE OR PARTY TO VOTE!!..This is chronic stage jealousy...yes it is. Nigerian youths with PDP cap, PDP shirt, PDP to the bone marrow will upload links that explain nothing then as usual they claim to be neutral...I am also neutral, after trying to vote against APC you didn't succeed now you claim neutral. Don't worry 2023 is around the corner, Fr. MBAKA will prophesy a PDP candidate so we can rest.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
grin grin

When people have no point, they automatically resort to ethnicity or partisan politics. I can't count the number of times that I've been called all kinds of things on Nairaland and it's always from people who have no point.

Hahhahahahahahaha (I fell off my chair).

Now it's my "ibo fellas". Anyway, I'll add that to my list. Read below.

Hahahahahahaha!

This is so interesting! I'm posting on two threads at the same time, on one thread I'm being called an "ACN goon" (the "Fashola largassese" thread), while on this one it is being implied that GEJ is my "master". Anyway I'll add them to my list.

naptu2:

cheesy I'm going to add that to my list.

Let's see. . . . All the things I've been called on nairaland.

"Government official or SSS agent", "Benefiting from Lagos State Government", "Yoruba Boy", "Northerner", "GEJ asslicker", "librarian", "journalist", "you people" (I suspect that the guy meant either muslim or northerner), "Fashola". I think there's more.

Ogbuefi_Negro:

Austin Peter's pikin
Peter Obe

lol

Ogbuefi_Negro:

Good morning my brother. lol.

oh i forgot o, add "oko ishilove" put for the names. where is she, surprised she hasnt shown up.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
In conclusion,

As a Catholic priest you can criticise government, talk about government policies and general principles without any problem. Archbishop Okogie famously did that in the 1980s. He criticised Governor Jakande and even sued him, he criticised Buhari and he especially criticised Babangida, but there was no time that he endorsed anyone or told his congregation not to vote for anyone (he didn't even tell his congregation that they should not vote for Jakande).

Many other priests and bishops have also criticised government, but they didn't endorse any politician.

Whenever a priest's interaction with a politician has the potential to become controversial or is too close to the line, the priest must get the permission of his superior. Bishop Kukah had previously been trying to reunite Atiku and Obasanjo, but Obasanjo refused. By the time that Obasanjo accepted, Atiku had already declared his intention to contest for the presidency. Therefore Bishop Kukah had to get the views of his superior before he went to reunite them. Furthermore, he left immediately after the reunification. He didn't endorse anyone.

Laws are meant to apply to anyone in an organisation and this is not a new law, I have known about this for decades (even before Father Adasu's episode) and it has always been the same for everybody.

The claim that people like Anthony Cardinal Okogie, who served for a long time as president of CAN, Archbishop of Lagos and who became a cardinal and retired since 2012, is jealous of Father Mabaka, is extremely ridiculous and people who say nonsense like that have no idea what they are talking about. Ditto for the claims that people like John Cardinal Onaiyekan and Archbishop Martins are jealous of him.

It is also incredibly ridiculous to say that these men, who have criticised PDP governments in the past, are criticising Father Mbaka because they support PDP. Anybody that says that is incredibly ignorant.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
"Somebody help me and shout change"

"Change"

We said we wanted Goodluck.

The Goodluck came and met Yar'Adua. Yar'Adua had badluck and died.

The Goodluck came and met our oil. Our oil poured away.

The Goodluck came and met our naira, we had badluck.

Where are we going?

Should we continue with the Goodluck?

No

We need change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5g69sx9E&feature=youtu.be&a
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by bilulu(m): 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Your mumu never do ?, when are you going to sanction Matthew Kukah, for his partisan political statements ?. He is busy supporting PDP party against APC, just last week, he made childish talks. C.A.N or C.B.C.N that's your headache, for there are no difference.
I can see you are as ignorant and dull as ur leader... no need responding to u again
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by DTalented(m): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Your mumu never do ?, when are you going to sanction Matthew Kukah, for his partisan political statements ?. He is busy supporting PDP party against APC, just last week, he made childish talks. C.A.N or Catholics that's your headache, for there are no difference.

I have never heard of Mbaka telling people to vote for a particular candidate or party. I only hear him say that "God says this person will win or the other person will lose" Is that the same as endorsing a candidate or a party?
Please quote and show me where Mbaka endorsed a particular candidate or party. Where he was heard telling people who to vote or not to vote for.g

I am waiting
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Ishilove: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:
grin grin

When people have no point, they automatically resort to ethnicity or partisan politics. I can't count the number of times that I've been called all kinds of things on Nairaland and it's always from people who have no point.

The only one I agree with is 'oko Ishilove'.

*wink wink* wink
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by calculator123(m): 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
JeffreyD1:
No comment

Please read below

Good morning My name is Jeffrey and I am based here in Abuja please everyone I am looking for any job related to Receptionist, Sales Representative, Office Assistant, Car Uber Driving, Driver job, Computer front desk staff, or any job relating to my O'level educational background. I have my SSCE and my computer certified certificate. I'm in my 20s and strong enough to do anything and do it well. Though I am here in Abuja ready to relocate anywhere if the job is not around here as long as accommodation will be provided. Help a brother with a job, please. Thanks and God bless you as you reply
An advice, drop your contact info next time.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Exodora: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
Heard he prophesied that Ikpeazu governor of Abia State will die in next 6months. Hmmmmm hope he is really hearing from God. The way church flood everywhere and the rate of sin is still high really baffles me oooo
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Justpassingby45(m): 3:23am On Jan 20, 2020
Exodora:
Heard he prophesied that Ikpeazu governor of Abia State will die in next 6months. Hmmmmm hope he is really hearing from God. The way church flood everywhere and the rate of sin is still high really baffles me oooo
CaptainMeks:
Make una leave my Mbaka for me o.

When God gives you a word and commands you to speak no Canon law from hell can stand in the way of that.

Catholic Church cannot put God in a bottle and try to dictate how or what God says. God speaks whenever he pleases and through whosoever he wills including Mbaka.

If the other Priests are content with only officiating mass then that is their cup of communion wine but the Church first and foremost is called to lead in all spheres including politics.

The Bible says, "He that knows what is right but does not do it, to him it is a sin" (James 4:17).

So if Mbaka knows that the right thing to do is speak and he refuses to do it, it becomes a sin to him and who wants to let sin drag him or her to hell.

Naptu2 your Thread and the Canon laws are nonsense where the word and light of God are concerned

Tell the Pope I said so
You should be guarded and respect people religion
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Justpassingby45(m): 3:33am On Jan 20, 2020
CaptainMeks:

Yes very Christlike especially as Christ called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and the traders in the Temple thieves.

Why are you this Useless
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Justpassingby45(m): 3:45am On Jan 20, 2020
lookingfly:
Until when mbaka starts prophesying in favour of other parties apart from APC.....na fake prophet him be.

Mbaka is an Evil � man and he is endangering the Christian which no one is noticing Now

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 5:50am On Jan 20, 2020
Godisgreatest1 eDeity

Have those that are asking for a video seen the video yet? This is just one of many.

This is basically a political campaign rally. What was the slogan of the APC ahead of the 2015 election?

Remember, you are not to support any political party or candidate, you are not to endorse any candidate, neither are you to tell your congregation not to vote for or support any candidate or party without the permission of your bishop.

This is just one of many. This is a 2015 video.

naptu2:
"Somebody help me and shout change"

"Change"

We said we wanted Goodluck.

The Goodluck came and met Yar'Adua. Yar'Adua had badluck and died.

The Goodluck came and met our oil. Our oil poured away.

The Goodluck came and met our naira, we had badluck.

Where are we going?

Should we continue with the Goodluck?

No

We need change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5g69sx9E&feature=youtu.be&a

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 6:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Godisgreatest1 eDeity

That video above is his campaign for APC. This is his campaign for PDP.

The video above was recorded at their cross over event from December to January 2015. The video below was recorded less than a month before the video above.

This is November 2014 and Patience Jonathan was the special guest at the Adoration Ministry's harvest.

Father Mbaka said that the Adoration Ministry was praying for President Jonathan to win the 2015 election.

He said, "Even if you are not here, we are not stopping, because we want him to go back".

How can a priest say that on the pulpit??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAN8Py7tiCo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 6:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Godisgreatest1 eDeity

These are obviously not all the videos. There are many more.

A priest should not use his pulpit to support a candidate in an election, neither should he use his pulpit to stop people from supporting a candidate in an election.

How can you then say that this is not a violation of Canon Law?
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Subonbon(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2020
Some people are real some people are good some people are fake and some people are real good at being fake. shocked
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by JeffreyD1(m): 8:20am On Jan 20, 2020
calculator123:

An advice, drop your contact info next time.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by chical: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Kukah (Catholic) play the conscience of the society... They only speak up when the government isn't doing their best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Businesswoman Loses N97million, House, Searching For Rev Father Mbaka. / Dead Marriage By Anita Schafer (Oyakhilome) / Earliest Method Of Birth Control Spotted In The Bible (Cum on ground)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.