Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff (30949 Views)

Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by henrygale(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
And my trip with them, early in December 2019, from Accra to Lagos was lovely. Friendly driver (captain). Vehicle was relatively still new tho. Learnt they just commenced the Accra route, maybe that was why their buses were still new,and their staffs at the Accra office were helpful and friendly.
I hope they pick up their game for other routes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by martowskin1(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
Social media is demn powerful. It can mess up any business

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Emma1Oj(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
When they will neva employ competent hands to do the jobs everything about them is bias, nepotism and sentiment and so...tribalistic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by xamuel17(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
nairalee:

So GIGM simply means Ganja is Good Motivation

wow, that explains a lot ... you must be a genius !

8 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by eldeens: 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
nairalee:

So GIGM simply means Ganja is Good Motivation

You go school my braza

13 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by BreconHills(m): 6:20am On Jan 20, 2020
Slimdan360:
Although part of the problem is from their bad buses, but majority of the problems are coming from their staffs,most people really have bad attitude towards work not minding that their bad character may help to ruin someones business,chai,most people(staffs) need reorientation abeg

This is a Nigerian problem. We even applaud good service and treat it as exceptional.

5 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Lovelyn451(f): 6:22am On Jan 20, 2020
They should employ me oo, I have good character and I'm professional too....shebi they have branch in kano bah

4 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by akpunda86: 6:22am On Jan 20, 2020
STOPPED USING THEM SINCE MORE THAN A YEAR NOW.big name wey dey kill dog.Captain of ship or driver that makes their mostly weed taking drivers misbehave and feel like god.No safety tips just living. On name but he that God helps help himself. HOW CAN A DRIVER BE MOVING ON 160KMH ON A MERCEDES BENZ SPRINTER BUS.
AS FOR ME I USE LUXURIOUS BUSES NOW IF MONEY DEY I USE FLIGHT.
GIGM IS LONG DEAD A BUS U CANT CONTROL THEIR BENIN DRIVERS.

14 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by eldeens: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2020
I booked a ticket online from jibowo in Lagos to Abuja in 2017, I was debited 7,800 naira and I didn't get a ticket nor reversal, I tried to complain at the terminal but they told me that I have to go to Abuja, I ended up paying another fare at the counter, I visited the office more than 4 times all proved abortive, so I have to leave them with God, because God is Good.

26 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by EagleNest(m): 6:26am On Jan 20, 2020
Not only GIGM, customer service is highly degraded in Nigeria. Whether private service or public service, it is same except very few.

This area could be a gold mine if well harnessed by businesses in Nigeria, as our population is large.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by twinskenny(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2020
boarded a bus from enugu vehicle broke down at onitsha. they never provided another bus. no refund was issue

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Preetychina22(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2020
TallPck1:
Most of these Nigerians customer care service are just not friendly, some of them brings their home problems to work.
You're absolutely right. A Nigerian by default lacks good etiquette.

13 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by sharone21(f): 6:34am On Jan 20, 2020
I will say it the way it is....They are wonderful....They may have some lapses, but still one of the BEST in Nigeria.

Last year July, I travelled with Cross Country.

Cross Country isnt too bad BUT what I didn't like about them was that, they will stop at Sagamu and change the buses of passengers, after a long wait and not minding that some were going far.

So, I was to use God Is Good Motors to get back to base ( for the first time) and as I left my hotel thinking I had packed my phone in my bag, only to get to GIGM at the set time that morning and just realised my phone wasn't in my bag. Thank God I collected the hotel's customer care number. I wasn't even sure if my phone was in the hotel or deep down inside my totally filled up bag.

It was a kind security guy @GIGM that helped me use his phone to call the hotel, first time, to check my room for me and second time, to confirm if they had seen my phone which they told me :YES.

The customer care boss was kind to me and told me to go and explain to those announcing when the buses where leaving/sell tickets. I went there and the lady kindly waited for me to get to my hotel and come back, almost 25mins+.

Other commuters didn't know why the scheduled time for the 3rd bus was shifted for extra 1hr. They complained but I told few of them that GIGM must have good reason for that.

My experience with them was OK....in the bus, we were watching movies upon movies. I had a better experience with them than Cross Country..... Cross Country will go far in the business too if only they make some adjustments as they cover more routes.

14 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by stealmatic(m): 6:35am On Jan 20, 2020
3rdavefarms:
Buhari is hitting harder on them , they are been sponsored by PDP before that is why they use good bus with AC. Before but now grin oja ti burst
comon sense u no get

3 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by executive12: 6:36am On Jan 20, 2020
3rdavefarms:
Buhari is hitting harder on them , they are been sponsored by PDP before that is why they use good bus with AC. Before but now grin oja ti burst

How were they being sponsored by PDP? Explain. I thought it's a private bus company. By the way, Buhari's extremely bad governance is negatively affecting most businesses. It's getting more difficult for businesses.
Currently, Apapa is like a ghost town since most businesses there have closed.

7 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by uccheks(m): 6:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Op wants to remind me of my terrible experience with GIGM going back to PH from AJAH on the 21st of December after paying #15,000. I called it Quits and adviced everybody I know to do same for their sanity. For now GUO is a better alternative.

9 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by kellystone87: 6:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Old/rickety buses, nonchalant/bad behavior of staffs etc, GIGM is still one of the most reliable, durable, safety conscious transport company in Nigeria... When last u hear say GIGM get accident... Abeg click like if u support GIGM,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by oglalasioux(m): 6:37am On Jan 20, 2020
Don't even try to pick up someone from their bus terminal in Utako. They will hurl curses at your grandfather and even your generation.

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Preetychina22(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2020
sotall:
Unfortunately, GIGM is riding on past glory.

I used them recently from Lagos to Benin and I was disappointed.

I got to the park as early as 6:45am and stood for 30 minutes in front of the cashier who has nothing to show for being busy. Lots of customers were just standing in front of her and she was not responding to enquires. Then I bought a ticket.

I sat in the waiting area for another 1:30 minutes and became worried when the vehicle number on my ticket wasn't announced. Went to meet her to ask and then she said the bus left already. I later got to know she sold my ticket to another person in return for kickbacks.

I was dumbfounded. The only explanation she could give was that the bus was changed to another bus and told me to use another bus that eventually left the park at 10am.
This is the etiquette of the average public worker. Sometimes I don't even feel bad when they're owed salaries for months because they barely deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by majamajic(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2020
Jestin:
This is not the first complain regarding this company. God is good used to be my favorite company.

they are still the best , no matter how u people criticize them , which transportation company is better than them , ? name the company !

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by back2sender: 6:39am On Jan 20, 2020
Slimdan360:
Although part of the problem is from their bad buses, but majority of the problems are coming from their staffs,most people really have bad attitude towards work not minding that their bad character may help to ruin someones business,chai,most people(staffs) need reorientation abeg
It's a people thing my broda, if you see what Nigerian workers do to peoples business you will weep. Same thing with what the drivers in BOLT/TAXIFY AND UBERS ARE DOING, CHEATING THE APPS PROVIDER BY DISRIPTING THE SYSTEM SO THAT THE APPS PROVIDER WILL NOT GET THIER PERCENTAGE.
Nigerians are wicked, they will sey no jobs but the few investors that provided jobs for them are been dealt with by this same Nigerians

19 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by majamajic(m): 6:40am On Jan 20, 2020
GIGM is the Best transportation company in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Kylekent59: 6:40am On Jan 20, 2020
So GIGM don get first class grin grin
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by executive12: 6:41am On Jan 20, 2020
henrygale:
And my trip with them from Accra was lovely. Friendly driver (captain). Vehicle was relatively still new tho. Learnt they just commenced the Accra route, maybe that was why their buses were still new,and their staffs at the Accra office were helpful and friendly.
I hope they pick up their game for other routes.

Are the Accra staff Nigerians or Ghanaians?

3 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by toprealman: 6:44am On Jan 20, 2020
Hotzone:
We lament all day in Nigeria
Lol....barking only, zero bite!

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Preetychina22(m): 6:45am On Jan 20, 2020
EagleNest:
Not only GIGM, customer service is highly degraded in Nigeria. Whether private service or public service, it is same except very few.

This area could be a gold mine if well harnessed by businesses in Nigeria, as our population is large.
You're correct. Nigerians only give you good customer service if you're rich and/or occupy a level of authority that can directly affect their job.

8 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by winterfell007(m): 6:46am On Jan 20, 2020
Wow!! It's surprising to hear these complaints. I thought GIGM is most reputable transportation company in Nigeria
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 6:48am On Jan 20, 2020
I think the family lost the original vision. The original vision defined modern day method of long haulage transportation as we observe these days.

Gone are the days when 100 was the speed limit. Gone are the days when captains were not permitted to drive off the proper roads. Gone are the days of captains who would never be rude to passengers. Gone are the days of ground staff who treated passengers politely. Utako terminal started getting dangerous for passengers way back in 2015 until some unscrupulous staff including the manager were sacked in one day. Gone are the days of very good looking buses that attracted passengers. Gone are the days of good looking terminals. Asaba terminal looks big outside but the inside is very dirty and full of cobwebs.

I think the problem has to do with poor growth plans. The management seems to have deluded themselves with the kind of passenger traffic experienced when the business was reorganised.

The workers are well paid and they have no reason for rudeness. Agbero mentality has crept into the heads of the ground staff. The field officers, as they are called, demand money from passengers before loading luggages.

The economy under the present regime has not helped with the cost of a Hiace bus approaching 25 million or over. How long will it take for them to make their turn over? It was much easier for them before now as they could purchase 200 buses in one order. These days GIGM does not purchase more than 20 buses in one order. Another challenge they have is their very porous accounting system. Some of their accountants have run away with very huge sums running into hundreds of millions.

It is not a hidden secret that the chairman ventured into the oil industry. The business has enterred into wrong hands. Advices and solution offered by the very senior drivers are not carried out. Irresponsible drivers have taken over. Very well trained drivers have moved to other companies where the packages are better.

On the part of the guests as passengers are called, there has to be some understanding. Some passengers frustrate other passengers and the captains. Some are very rude and unbearable. Some make very foolish demands. Some ask the captains to increase their speed and burst into arguments with other passengers because of that Some expect the captains to stop at any point that they need irrespective of the danger. Women drop sanitary pads and pampers inside the buses. Some stick chewing gums on the seats, etc. There need to be understanding too from the passengers.

GIGM needs to re strategise. There has to be an attitude change in the face of stiff competition provided by GUO, AKTC and others.

In all I'd rather travel GIGM than any other companies. I am certain that I journeys can end in terminals close to my location and I do not need to spend much on additional transport fare. I still remain a fan with a very strong hope and desire for change from the company.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by SoNature(m): 6:51am On Jan 20, 2020
chukel:
Must you guys go with gigm? Stopped using them about 2 years ago. Bus scheduled to leave by 7:45am from ticket, left by 7:15am without any prior notice to me. They never called to inform me. They sold out my ticket and refused to refund. I bid goodbye to them. There are better companies like GUO

We all know that this thread is an opportunity for everyone to attack the transport company, but your claims are unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by BiafraforTrump: 6:51am On Jan 20, 2020
Slimdan360:

What do you mean by their bad buses?, GIGM is the best transport company don't talk stupidly

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by lollytk(f): 6:52am On Jan 20, 2020
I've left gigm motors 3years ago when I realized it was all packaging, GUO is bae. No unnecessary crowd, Respect passengers, gives refreshments etc for now ooo�

10 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by younglleo: 6:52am On Jan 20, 2020
The first day i entered GIGM, i was goin to aba from lagos nd i missed GUO aba bus soo i decided to head for GIGM, they said aba bus have left soo i will have to take the shuttle for owerri. The most annoying part of the story is that the journey took my whole day. The driver didn't even care.. Oga pls add speed dis car is crawling.. He was shouting at all of us, y didnt we book flight.. he kept acting cool lagos but wen he got to owerri, he turned to a beast.. I can't even try to enter GIGM motors again. Even if it's the last bus, i will wait for tomoro sad>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? / Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.