Stats: 3,166,551 members, 7,865,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff (30956 Views)

Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (2) (3) (4)

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by yawehoverall: 7:48am On Jan 20, 2020
scribble:

Very toxic company

Small thing now they will call their lawyer to threaten us to tell them sorry

Stooopid mofos

Na wa o.. I was liking them from afar before.. it's well
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by executive12: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2020
yawehoverall:
Thank God I saw this thread, was booking GIGM before... No more o.. I run .. will inform others to do same too.

You don't have to run. All the other ones have their issues too. I'm sure you will find out. My observation is that there is a general deterioration of quality service among the transport companies. This has to do with the bad economic situation in the country at the moment.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Dareajii: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2020
GIGM is wack and the poorest motor company in Nigeria
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by lonelydora: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2020
olaric:
GIGM is now beginning to pay more attention to it's logistics business to the actual one that brought it game.

This is just the truth. They are more concerned with logistics than passengers.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by yawehoverall: 7:53am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

You don't have to run. All the other ones have their issues too. I'm sure you will find out. My observation is that there is a general deterioration of quality service among the transport companies. This has to do with the bad economic situation in the country at the moment.

Hmmm not after reading all of these comments, it's so much to take in, until I see another thread of improvement on their part. Meanwhile business that are popular should step up, we are dealing with the use of the internet now, and this can expose them.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by grandpoh(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
Even there logistics set is wack,I was supposed to receive an item from Onitsha only for there idiot staffs to send it to Benin instead of abeokuta,me ah no kuku send them just went to there office at abeokuta after about two weeks with my soldier friend took there generator to a nearby police station...
My brother na the second day afternoon they call me say my item don't arrive.
If you as a company or your staffs think say una mad remember say no be una first mad for this country.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Aarenaija: 8:02am On Jan 20, 2020
My last experience with them from Lagos to Benin was not palatable. Leaking ac water and stuffy bus interior and when you request for the windows to be opened you get insulted. The driver too was very very rough and reckless. We were just reciting "the Lord is my shepherd"............. grin

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2020
On my way back from pH i stopped to pick up passengers from a broken down GIG vehicle coming from Abuja.

The vehicle was relatively still new.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Kobicove(m): 8:07am On Jan 20, 2020
post=85945857:
GIGM Wake up and make your customers happy and proud of you.

This is one of the few ways you lose customers and watch your business go down, especially a kinda business that has several competitors.

CUSTOMERS REMAIN THE KING AND WUEENS!!

Take heed GIGM!!

There are customers who actually come from hell grin
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by frankputer: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2020
I bought a premium ticket of N11,000 from Lagos to Jos. The car does not have shock absorber and I was seating at the back near the back tire . My pelvic was completely damaged. With a reckless driver. GIGM is overrated .
Flight is 20k(45 Minute ) and GIGM is 11k(20 hours.
Other transport charge 6k for same 20 hours.
They both fly same damaged federal road.
GIGM is overrated.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by alezzy13: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2020
Esseite:
You see how staff ruin businesses while the owner is busy asking God why?...

As in!! I'm very surprised by these comments. I used to know the manager as a very proactive guy who brought lots of innovation to the company. . . Sad.

Let's hope with the publicity going on Twitter and now on NL, they will sit up.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by alezzy13: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Dareajii:
[s]GIGM is wack and the poorest motor company in Nigeria[/s]

This is unfounded. You obviously have not used others. Make I no mention names.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by NwaOhafia: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2020
Cantonese:
I think the family lost the original vision. The original vision defined modern day method of long haulage transportation as we observe these days.

Gone are the days when 100 was the speed limit. Gone are the days when captains were not permitted to drive off the proper roads. Gone are the days of captains who would never be rude to passengers. Gone are the days of ground staff who treated passengers politely. Utako terminal started getting dangerous for passengers way back in 2015 until some unscrupulous staff including the manager were sacked in one day. Gone are the days of very good looking buses that attracted passengers. Gone are the days of good looking terminals. Asaba terminal looks big outside but the inside is very dirty and full of cobwebs.

I think the problem has to do with poor growth plans. The management seems to have deluded themselves with the kind of passenger traffic experienced when the business was reorganised.

The workers are well paid and they have no reason for rudeness. Agbero mentality has crept into the heads of the ground staff. The field officers, as they are called, demand money from passengers before loading luggages.

The economy under the present regime has not helped with the cost of a Hiace bus approaching 25 million or over. How long will it take for them to make their turn over? It was much easier for them before now as they could purchase 200 buses in one order. These days GIGM does not purchase more than 20 buses in one order. Another challenge they have is their very porous accounting system. Some of their accountants have run away with very huge sums running into hundreds of millions.

It is not a hidden secret that the chairman ventured into the oil industry. The business has enterred into wrong hands. Advices and solution offered by the very senior drivers are not carried out. Irresponsible drivers have taken over. Very well trained drivers have moved to other companies where the packages are better.

On the part of the guests as passengers are called, there has to be some understanding. Some passengers frustrate other passengers and the captains. Some are very rude and unbearable. Some make very foolish demands. Some ask the captains to increase their speed and burst into arguments with other passengers because of that Some expect the captains to stop at any point that they need irrespective of the danger. Women drop sanitary pads and pampers inside the buses. Some stick chewing gums on the seats, etc. There need to be understanding too from the passengers.

GIGM needs to re strategise. There has to be an attitude change in the face of stiff competition provided by GUO, AKTC and others.

In all I'd rather travel GIGM than any other companies. I am certain that I journeys can end in terminals close to my location and I do not need to spend much on additional transport fare. I still remain a fan with a very strong hope and desire for change from the company.
you know most of their problems. Seems you where once in the system, and the chairman need to sack some senior staff that do give him advise.

Most staff now do charm especially some from a particular tribe, killing anyone that stand their way.

There worker are over stressed with little payment.

Etc
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by alezzy13: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

I tell you. Just for the records I don't know them, but I appreciate good service and must say I'm quite flabbergasted by this thread.

But for the fact the comments are widespread I would have thought it's perhaps one of the competitors playing dirty.

I've used them before and they were very professional. . . Accident rate is also reportedly among the lowest in the business.

Sad
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Psoul(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2020
ABC Transport has well trained customer service staff. Their drivers are well mannered and very friendly.
ABC still remains the best land transport company in Nigeria after over 26years in the service.

They may have their own flaws, but they are still better than the others. Their level of safety is just 2nd to none.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by philip2014(m): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2020
I entered there bus while going to NYSC camp (delta) from Lagos, my only request was for the driver to play some English music instead of the info once he was playing, the Kind of utterance he replied me with got me thinking whether I didn't pay for the service.
This is what you get when your recruitment process is sentimental.
Some NURTW guys are better than GIGM
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Heffalump(m): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2020
GIGM is evil! They started very well and very passionate about customers. At same time, their uncensored advert was calculated at damaging the reputations of Big Joe Motors. You see the irony of life, GIGM is going down while Big Joes is excelling to greater heights embarassed
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by valarinz: 8:39am On Jan 20, 2020
sharone21:
I will say it the way it is....They are wonderful....They may have some lapses, but still one of the BEST in Nigeria.

Last year July, I travelled with Cross Country.

Cross Country isnt too bad BUT what I didn't like about them was that, they will stop at Sagamu and change the buses of passengers, after a long wait and not minding that some were going far.

So, I was to use God Is Good Motors to get back to base ( for the first time) and as I left my hotel thinking I had packed my phone in my bag, only to get to GIGM at the set time that morning and just realised my phone wasn't in my bag. Thank God I collected the hotel's customer care number. I wasn't even sure if my phone was in the hotel or deep down inside my totally filled up bag.

It was a kind security guy @GIGM that helped me use his phone to call the hotel, first time, to check my room for me and second time, to confirm if they had seen my phone which they told me :YES.

The customer care boss was kind to me and told me to go and explain to those announcing when the buses where leaving/sell tickets. I went there and the lady kindly waited for me to get to my hotel and come back, almost 25mins+.

Other commuters didn't know why the scheduled time for the 3rd bus was shifted for extra 1hr. They complained but I told few of them that GIGM must have good reason for that.

My experience with them was OK....in the bus, we were watching movies upon movies. I had a better experience with them than Cross Country..... Cross Country will go far in the business too if only they make some adjustments as they cover more routes.

Your narrative helped vindicate those who've been complaining about their services instead of vice versa, which is what you intended to achieve.

How can a staff shift departure time for 1hr because of one passenger, that's gross corruption and unprofessionalism. Perhaps you gave her some kickbacks

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by BERNIMOORE: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2020
olaric:
GIGM is now beginning to pay more attention to it's logistics business to the actual one that brought it game.
THE BEST COMMENT SO FAR. I heard that their MDCeo Madam Makes triple money from logistics lately and have diverted attention from the ROOT that produced logistics instead of watering it, GIGM ...I HOPE YOUR PEOPLE AND MANAGEMENT ARE READING THIS, adjust fast before you lose your roots. Don't see this as sabotage but an opportunity to adjust and get better. People that sing your praises are not your friend but listen and act positively and ,swiftly towards criticism. My two coins.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Preetychina22(m): 8:48am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

What I am saying is that Nigerians are generally rude and can be unreasonable, including the customers that are complaining. Some of those complaining passengers also run businesses and are probably worse when it comes to customer service.
Of course the difficult business environment has something to do with the issue because many Nigerians get frustrated by the unnecessary challenges they have to go through every day. When somebody is frustrated, it can affect how you interact with your customers.
If everybody starts bringing their frustration to work I don't think any organization would be able to make profit.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by obumsway(m): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2020
most of you are just actually wrong and mischievous infact are the reasons why most businesses fails. yes, GIGM may have their flaws but are much more better than most transport companies. your Government have also contributed to this development as the cost of transport is getting much higher

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Tomoarika(m): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2020
Cantonese:
I think the family lost the original vision. The original vision defined modern day method of long haulage transportation as we observe these days.

Gone are the days when 100 was the speed limit. Gone are the days when captains were not permitted to drive off the proper roads. Gone are the days of captains who would never be rude to passengers. Gone are the days of ground staff who treated passengers politely. Utako terminal started getting dangerous for passengers way back in 2015 until some unscrupulous staff including the manager were sacked in one day. Gone are the days of very good looking buses that attracted passengers. Gone are the days of good looking terminals. Asaba terminal looks big outside but the inside is very dirty and full of cobwebs.

I think the problem has to do with poor growth plans. The management seems to have deluded themselves with the kind of passenger traffic experienced when the business was reorganised.

The workers are well paid and they have no reason for rudeness. Agbero mentality has crept into the heads of the ground staff. The field officers, as they are called, demand money from passengers before loading luggages.

The economy under the present regime has not helped with the cost of a Hiace bus approaching 25 million or over. How long will it take for them to make their turn over? It was much easier for them before now as they could purchase 200 buses in one order. These days GIGM does not purchase more than 20 buses in one order. Another challenge they have is their very porous accounting system. Some of their accountants have run away with very huge sums running into hundreds of millions.

It is not a hidden secret that the chairman ventured into the oil industry. The business has enterred into wrong hands. Advices and solution offered by the very senior drivers are not carried out. Irresponsible drivers have taken over. Very well trained drivers have moved to other companies where the packages are better.

On the part of the guests as passengers are called, there has to be some understanding. Some passengers frustrate other passengers and the captains. Some are very rude and unbearable. Some make very foolish demands. Some ask the captains to increase their speed and burst into arguments with other passengers because of that Some expect the captains to stop at any point that they need irrespective of the danger. Women drop sanitary pads and pampers inside the buses. Some stick chewing gums on the seats, etc. There need to be understanding too from the passengers.

GIGM needs to re strategise. There has to be an attitude change in the face of stiff competition provided by GUO, AKTC and others.

In all I'd rather travel GIGM than any other companies. I am certain that I journeys can end in terminals close to my location and I do not need to spend much on additional transport fare. I still remain a fan with a very strong hope and desire for change from the company.

All you have stated are facts.
I used to be a regular customer of theirs. Travelling to and fro every fortnight Lagos- East for about 6 years now. I'm very familiar with some of their staff as a result and they tell me stuff like you've mentioned.

(Took a break from them a few months ago due to lapses on their part, now trying out the competition GUO)

Overall GIGM is still the best transport company but they need to restrategise.
Business Expansion is good but care must be taken not to lose the essense of the business in the first place. (just like Mr Biggs)
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by mechanics(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
Eyah, I know those first class buses, that's serious, but the buses are very fast.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by PicLtd: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2020
God is Good still remains the for best me. I have been travelling frequently at least 3 times a year for the past 13 years right from University days and I have suffered all kinds of humiliation from transport companies but GIGM still beats them all in terms of service delivery.

If you think I'm joking, try peace mass with their alway-drunk drivers, try Apara line who use antiquated coffins as buses and thugs as drivers, try Okey mass transit whose drivers won't hesitate to park the bus at Ore and disappear if you quarrel with them, leaving travellers stranded, even GUO misplaced my waybill, it took me 3 weeks to trace it and I lost a lot of money. I've seen it all as a frequent traveller and I still maintain the God is Good remains the best.

Though the delay of their buses during take-off is an area where they must now improve, I believe that since demise of the founder Ajaero, the son who I heard is now in charge has been struggling to maintain standard, I pray he succeeds. All my family members use their buses. They are more decent, courteous and less prone to accident.

Some people here complaining are part of the problem, you book online and on the departure date, you come by 8.00am for a bus schedule to leave by 6.45am leaving many of us who came early stranded. This I have learnt is one of the causes of the frequent delays. Nigerians don't keep to time. I leave Nnewi by 5.00am to meet up with my booked 6.45am bus at Asaba GIGM terminal. I usually get there by 6am latest. I usually pay for their first buses. They are usually the best.

I also understand that a lot of their competitors keep fighting them both online and offline. Most of their competitors have adopted several means to survive the GIGM revolution, one of the ways they do that is by stopping by at towns and villages where they have mini-terminals and know that GIGM doesn't have.

When GIGM started, every passenger usually gets a free breakfast meal park when you board their buses. I need them to open another terminal in Nnewi and Abule-egba. I will not sit by and let anyone victimize the best transport company in this country, so that other 'riff-raff' bus companies and competitors can rejoice.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by henrygale(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

Are the Accra staff Nigerians or Ghanaians?
Mixture of both, from what I learnt.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by sharone21(f): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2020
valarinz:

Your narrative helped vindicate those who've been complaining about their services instead of vice versa, which is what you intended to achieve.

How can a staff shift departure time for 1hr because of one passenger, that's gross corruption and unprofessionalism. Perhaps you gave her some kickbacks

Only 3 buses (schedule) per day and that was the last one.

Me, bribe ke?
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Raphael007(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2020
Who uses GIGM this days, give it up for ABC transport if you want comfort and good and interactive driver who don't see themselves as semi God please use ABC transport for your own interest thank you I dumped GIGM along time ago because of their poor service.

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Antara0503(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2020
Slimdan360:
Although part of the problem is from their bad buses, but majority of the problems are coming from their staffs,most people really have bad attitude towards work not minding that their bad character may help to ruin someones business,chai,most people(staffs) need reorientation abeg
and dem dey call their drivers captain ontop sef#na wah
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by kzubyar(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2020
xamuel17:
GIGM is another glorified the Young shall grow transport

I always loved patronizing them until I saw the captain (driver) smoking weed before a journey...

And he said its normal protocol before plying a High way in Nigeria
playing high in high way

Ghanaian Schoolboy Caught In Airplane Engine Trying To Escape Abroad (Video) / 23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Panic As Vehicle Bursts Into Flames Near Justice Ministry In Abuja (Picture)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67