Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48106 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Even a 5 year old kid knows Harry can't be king. undecided
Your mentality is very different from what these other guys are displaying. Yours and chuxie(if I got the spelling correctly).
I don't know if you're a Nigerian but over here in Nigeria, it's "normal" to blame the woman /wife in any situation as regards to domestic affairs.
The average Nigerian man can't grasp the motivation behind Harry's action, rather than wondering why, they simply "blame the woman". It's easier.

6 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:19am On Jan 21, 2020
Harvigh:
You mean she should have allowed the monarchy dictate how her own wedding should have played out simply because like you surmised there was already a tradition in place that dictates how things should be done? What makes you think Kate didn't effect changes to the so called tradition on her wedding?
If you followed British media, you would understand what the OP pointed out.
Call it whatever you want it doesn't change the fact that its pure racism and hate that they have towards Meghan. Folks like Piers Morgan didn't hide their hatred for her at all and that goes to show you how deep it runs.
The British media is much more than the Daily Mail and sensational tabloid headlines. Perhaps you should be the one who should follow British media more closely.

Also, the moment anyone starts comparing Kate with Meghan in the way the British judges them, then I know you're having a sentimental argument.

The same way your son would steal your watch and you will handle it within the family, is not the same way you would treat a stranger who does the same thing - you would probably invite the whole street in the latter case.

This is what is called a bias, which I already talked about as something working against her. The least she could have done is to not feed it.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
MarianaTrench:

You and your siblings are Nigerians first and foremost irrespective of where you were born and bred.

The earlier you accept that fact the better! grin
It's not in your position to tell him which part of his heritage he's to accept or not.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Kempguy47:
God bless you for this peace, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I did notice that you added the fact that she’s colored as a disadvantage, which is quite true if we want to face reality. Well done.
I liked that you noticed that and I deliberately made reference to it because I foresaw that there will be reactions from people who will try to spin it as being all about race.
Her biracial(ness) definitely worked against her, no doubt... but continuing to act like some kind of revolutionary in a palace that hasn't ask to be revolutionized was a bad poker hand she played.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Firstcitizen: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

A true reflection of the thought process of the average Nigerian male.smh

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by skukimania(f): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Parablesonmarble:
Why should I care about what happens in the Royal family versus daughter-in-law soap opera. I'm far more concerned about the mess the Royal family and the British Empire caused me by joining Northern and Southern Nigeria together in an unholy, unacceptable and a total mismatch of a marriage. If they want peace inside that their Windsor or Burkingham, they should come and undo the harm they caused in Africa. Chikena. shocked

Nairalanders cheesy Kai!!!

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Kempguy47:
God bless you for this peace, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I did notice that you added the fact that she’s colored as a disadvantage, which is quite true if we want to face reality. Well done.
I liked that you noticed that and I deliberately made reference to it because I foresaw that there will be reactions from people who will try to spin it as being all about race.
Her biracial(ness) definitely worked against her, no doubt... but continuing to act like some kind of revolutionary in a palace that hasn't asked to be revolutionized was a bad poker hand she played.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by bukatyne(f): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Before they left, they tidied up their endorsement deals they do by being royal and the queen just let that be.
Deals worth up to 400m pounds.

Harry can't and will never survive without backup from his family.

He is Britain's darling boy and he expected that such love will be extended to his wife irrespective of her utterances or behaviour as they did to him.

Harry isn't the best model character out there. But because mama Charlie adores him and overlook lots of his childish tantrums al the time, he calculated wrong by displaying the same tantrum and the queen has had enough.
Now, the problem I have with Meghan is nothing except that when u marry, u help better the life of your other half.
Harry is still the same, if not more immature Harry. Add Meghan trying to rub it on the monarch that their tradition is archaic and boring, we got where we are with them now.
Women marry into men's family
They bend to fit in. Meghan never blended to fit in. Rather, it's all about her.

They are still in British colony. So they will still be treated as royal secretly.
If they are really serious about being free, they should leave Canada and go to non British colony, that way, I can take them serious.

As for the press, when Williams and Kate started, the press won't let them be. Williams threatened and sued.

Megan go out and use improper language, these are what led to all these.

If u really worked hard for something, work harder to keep it.

We all pretend we all love what they did but here in Nigeria, We fight to keep our marriage and be in good terms with our husbands people.

Nigerians cheesy

@bold:

On point.

And the irony is the problem is not from her in-laws: it is from the press!
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

[s]You want her to feel worthless, bend over and take all sort in the a55 because a prince fell in love with her. Lol

I'm addition, I am sorry to say, but the bolded is a sign of Uncle Tom syndrome, or how a house negro thinks (i.e. I am favoured and better than the field negro because the white man let me into his home).
The same way some Nigerians would bow down at the feet of anyone that looks like a white man, even an Indian or Lebanese would pass as oga boss to someone suffering from such syndrome.[/s]
Sentimentalist diatribe.

There is a social class system everywhere in the world, which has nothing to do with race.
If your sister married into the family of an Oba of Benin or an Ooni of Ifé, or the royal family of 'Kuvuki land', she will still be expected to bend over and do things as they are done.

Disputing things like this only means you're living in a bubble inside your own head.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by adidison(m): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Parablesonmarble:
Why should I care about what happens in the Royal family versus daughter-in-law soap opera. I'm far more concerned about the mess the Royal family and the British Empire caused me by joining Northern and Southern Nigeria together in an unholy, unacceptable and a total mismatch of a marriage. If they want peace inside that their Windsor or Burkingham, they should come and undo the harm they caused in Africa. Chikena. shocked

With this type of mentality it will not stop at northern and southern Nigeria ... it will be your state and another state, then your local govt from another local govt, then your neighborhood from another, then house to house then your living room to bed room even for bedroom will be from bed to wardrobe, left pocket to right pocket. We must learn to prosper as a whole country, division is not the way forward.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2020
chiedozie198100:

Prince harry has always been the one with balls.

do you know what it feels like to know what his mother went through in the hands of the unroyal family and the useless british press, and seeing same thing happening to his wife?

think again.
His uncle is being called a pedophile by the same British press. His uncle, as in the Queen's son who is even further away from the throne than he is.
So what point are you trying to make?

Has that one run away? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by athaliya(f): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Nigerian men are wired differently.
Some have crucified her for being a divorcee.
She has been called a gold digger and all sort - this is a lady that was already a millionaire in dollars. Alot don't even have up to an equivalent of $100 in their accounts grin

Women are trying in Nigeria. No wonder alot immediately cage their husbands once they move to a developed country. grin

Looool grin grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2020
Firstcitizen:

A true reflection of the thought process of the average Nigerian male.smh
Nope, that's a true reflection of the thought process of an intellectual human who understands how the world works.

It's the same way I know that someone like you can't marry into Dangote's family and then try to be calling the shots there. cheesy
That kind of marriage will be a big favour to you, and if you're a sensible person, you will milk it for as long a possible.

Life is a game.
The earlier you understand this, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2020
Realtalk20:

True words
Real talk recognizes real talk cool

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by franchasng: 10:49am On Jan 21, 2020
LyfeJennings:

I reject every spirit of Meghan Markle in my life.
I swear na that one go pain me pass
Harry is now an ordinary commoner, all in the name of love
One thing I learnt in this whole thingy is STAY VERY VERY VERY FAR AWAY FROM WOMEN FROM BROKEN HOMES. STAY FAR AWAY FROM AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:52am On Jan 21, 2020
mbhs139:

I understand your point clearly and quiet appreciate your insight on this matter and you really did a great job explaining the whole scenerio. As for the person you're responding to, you see, perhaps you aren't a ń igerian or you didn't grow up there. That's how nonsensical we are. We lack decorum when it comes to public discusssion, especially in the Social Media space. I also understand what he/she is trying to say but the obvious fact is he lacks the power of comprehension, so that'll normally make him happy for someone who is saddened by the turn of event. What an irony? It's like saying I'm "I'm happy for you for the loss of your father" grin
Lol, leave that woman.

How can anyone watch that video and not see Harry being genuinely sad?
They say he's saying it for the press. Lol, the same press he has always being rebellious against? grin

People will just type anything to cover up ignorance.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by bukatyne(f): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Sentimentalist diatribe.

There is a social class system everywhere in the world, which has nothing to do with race.
If your sister married into the family of an Oba of Benin or an Ooni of Ifé, or the royal family of 'Kuvuki land', she will still be expected to bend over and do things as they are done.

Disputing things like this only means you're living in a bubble inside your own head.

@bold is the reason why I am not so big on the racist angle.

Kate who was white bent over double to be accepted.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You are talking a load of..

The White Man is a Racist and views everything with a Racist tint..

Whatever Meghan does,that others do and will be praised is always going to be scrutinized and condemned..

And if you truly believe all this load you wrote up there,then you have been truly hoodwinked by the British false modesty..
Meghan is not the first royal whose every move was scrutinized and condemned.

Brush up on your history.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2020
tete7000:

Thank you for this.
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:
British are extremely racist and they set out to destroy that marriage before it started. Even William and his crayfish looking wife did not help matters. Then jealous staff who think they are better than Meghan always peddling useless gossip. I am happy for Harry and Meghan that they are forging their own path.

In as much as I agreed with you, I feel sorry for Harry because his end is going to be worst than his uncle Andrew, that family are worst than a poisonous snake and I unfortunately dont see Harry marrying that woman forever, that marriage will come crashing down very soon and Harry will have nothing to fall back to,am surprised that Andrew has not committed suicide yet,and hopefully Harry will not,but I think their ends will be very tragic.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 21, 2020
na2016:

Your thought! Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Soon you will hear of a crack between those two. When she does have anybody to attack and dissociate herself from, it will b the husband
Why don't you Jerk off to that thought?The reality is that they are together. And if for any reason their marriage fails, they will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by mamatwiny(f): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:
The British are racist and Meghan is a fool.

Meghan has had issues with her family, her father, her previous husband, his family, the British Press and the Royal family.

She is a destroyer, not a builder. She needs to marry someone like Ned Nwoko. grin

Ned Nwoko abi? So that he can put her where she belongs with their womanhood imitation. Lol
Ned don buy market from nairalanders.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold is the reason why I am not so big on the racist angle.

Kate who was white bent over double to be accepted.

Kate bent over because she was nothing before the marriage and had nothing either, on the other hand Meghan was already a self made proud black successful woman remember that.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold paragraph:

I do not get these people

He wants to drop royal duties and yet want to represent the queen and associate with the military?

Seriously?

If he realizes that he was made a mistake, he and his wife should eat the humble pie and make things right.

I said in the other thread that he will soon find out there is a difference between suspending his royalty for the weekend and dropping his royal duties.

It is what he was born and breed for.
That bit in his speech was really an eye-opener.

It showed that himself and Meghan did not expect the Queen to take the decision so far.
In my opinion, only Meghan will lose out in the long run because family will always be family, and Harry will always be a prince.

The palace had already "mistakenly" given her the title of a divorced woman, only for them to turn around and say it was an error and they will review it. cheesy
They don't even know what to call her anymore.

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-review-after-meghan-given-title-of-divorced-woman-11913741

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2020
euromilion:

Kate bent over because she was nothing before the marriage and had nothing either, on the other hand Meghan was already a self made proud black successful woman remember that.
Kate was brought up on the grounds of the Sandringham Estate, which houses the private residence of the Queen. She was taught the way of life of a courtier from childhood and was born into British nobility - her family has ties to the monarchy from way back.

You don't know what you don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by na2016: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2020
Chi59:

Why don't you Jerk off to that thought?The reality is that they are together. And if for any reason their marriage fails, they will be fine.

Why is shit talk coming from some few faceless females? Like I care?

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2020
Xavi2019:

You should be a column writer, sir.
Lol, it's too late to change careers now.
Thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Kate was brought up on the grounds of the Sandringham Estate, which houses the private residence of the Queen. She was taught the way of life of a courtier from childhood and was born into British nobility - her family has ties to the monarchy from way back.

You don't know what you don't know.

That was Diana.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2020
euromilion:

If Meghan knew she wanted to be seen as a 'self made proud black successful woman', she should have married her league.

Imagine the Ooni's wife doing gragra in the Ooni's Palace at Ife Ile because she is the manager at First Bank.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by janykute: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2020
This is not different to what the Yoruba gutter media did to the the igbos before the introduction of the social media.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

That was Diana.
The Sandrigham Estate part. Okay

Does her family have ties to the monarchy or not and is her father wealthy or not?

Just trying to dispute the claim that she was nothing before marrying Williams.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2020
ImaIma1:

He only said that to appeal to his people. He also said he wants a life of peace with his family and that he and Meghan share the same values. How come you didn't see all this? You only acknowledged the "deeply saddened" part. Obviously, Harry has always wanted freedom, a life away from the press, royalty, etc. And he found someone that someone he could achieve it with.

I wish them the best.
Ima I acknowledged the entire speech. I did not post it here to make fun of anything.

The guy was visibly downcast as he spoke, you know this if you really watched it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Someone In The UK Put Down A Million-Pound Bet On Joe Biden / Man Fleeing London Attack With Beer In Hand (Picture) / China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.